Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


1,001 to 1,050 of 16,329 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Evil GM

RD11: DMPC Karnog

Karnog directs, "Varl go 'elp out I've got the tunnel covered." He feel his way to the south tunnel opening.


Evil GM

RD 11 Actions remaining: Varl and Kalim.


Evil GM

RD 11: Varl and kalim have actions remaining

------

RD 12:

GB6, (longbow) - doesn't appear to act.
GB4, (bard) -
Rammellorn -
Nib -
GB1 - dead
GB2 - dead
GB3 - dead
GB8 - dead
Argrim -
Vatilda -
GB5, (longbow)- dead
Varl -
GB7 - dead
kalim -
Karnog -

I'll hold off taking the bard's RD 12 action for bit to see if Varl and Kalim act in RD11.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Sorry, guys. State mandated testing these next two weeks mean I can't even have my phone out at work. Kalim is holding until he can see what's going on.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn begins to shove the wood pile over with his ax.


Evil GM

RD 11 and 12 - DMPC Varl

Varl will move into the eastern cave to B16 and begins to push the wood pile on the bard goblin. This along with Rammellorn's shoving is enough to bury the goblin bard rendering him unconscious. What are you going to do the the unconscious goblin?

There appears to be no more goblins attacks. This concludes this initiative.

Your group now controls an entrance tunnel, the initial cavern and the eastern cavern. There are several barrels and numerous crates in teh caverns and tunnels that can be stacked and used for cover/protection.

What are you going to do?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

In the few moments left of the mist, Argrim will start pulling material in the main entrance way into the mouth of the Eastern cave or into the the cave if it looks valuable or edible.

He assumes someone will tie up or kill the drummer.

If enough people follow him to do the moving such that everything is taken care of, he will ask someone to come with him to drag his prisoner and boar into the cave. He wants his silk rope back and roast pork to eat.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda recovers from the changes brought about by the rush of battle, and recovers her mace as well. She remains quiet... waiting for the right time to talk future strategies... For now she helps with the clearing the dead, and setting up the barricade.
When she does join those already working on the barricade, she asks "Low enough for us to see over, but force them to climb to get over? Or would it not be better to barricade the south passage, and obstruct the main entrance. Two on watch patrol the bend."
(I'm suggesting barricading (G,10) and (E,5))


Evil GM

There are crates of food items and other general gear like burlap, sacks, there is a barrel of oil, a barrel of nails, a couple barrels of water, a barrel of a cheap red wine, and two containing low quality mead. Karnog, varl and Kalim will assist in dragging and moving items.

Varl agrees with Vatilida blocking the tight southern tunnel as that will provide the first layer of defense and keep the enemy farther back. He nods with approval at the suggestion barricading the entrance tunnel that is a good choke point to defend and that will give the group complete access to the first cavern and the eastern cave.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"If you aren't going to kill off this goblin (points towards the goblin bard) I suggest we should gag him, in order to prevent further problems due his 'magic'."


Evil GM

Nibb once the battle is over you do see that Rammellorn is injured.


Evil GM

In searching the dead goblins you find the following:

platium: 1d30 ⇒ 2
Gold: 1d150 ⇒ 40
silver: 2d100 ⇒ (82, 96) = 178
copper: 3d250 ⇒ (204, 27, 20) = 251

9 diamond chips, total GP value: 3d125 ⇒ (28, 76, 4) = 108
3 emerald chips, total GP value: 2d75 ⇒ (16, 4) = 20
*The total value on the gems chips represents the grand total, not the per stone value.

You the following gear: All Small items
17 spears
11 daggers
5 dog slicers, unbroken
7 dog slicers, broken condition
3 short bows, 23 arrows, quivers
3 short swords

13 leather armor, in various states of usefulness

Bard:
msw chain shirt
msk short sword
msw shortbow, 11 arrow in quiver
2 potions CLW
1 scroll CLW
msw drum
spell component pouch

Sergeant
longsword
2 throwing axes
potion of shield of faith
msw studded leather
heavy wood shield

Normally I require a few appraise or perception (taste for potions) but I wanted to move this a long a bit.

Obviously a pretty good day for Nibb, the only small character in the party.


Evil GM

You find that the packaged in the crates and barrels is obvious plunder from their raids. The material is decent and has some value if you could haul it out.

Even assuming you eat and drink your fill this evening you the following value of items.

value crates: 2d150 ⇒ (140, 141) = 281
value barrels: 3d150 ⇒ (4, 16, 65) = 85


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Walking towards Rammellorn, Nibb keeps his crossbow.

"You seem to be in a bad shape. May I help you?"

Then he will channel his magic towards Rammellorn, healing his wounds with a touch.

Cure Light Wounds:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Evil GM

I'm going to let you all discuss or post hat you are doing...resting I assume.

Here is map, I did not put the barricades in but you can assume they are there where Valtilda mentioned.

MAP


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

So, we trapped them in their hole. We could set a watch in pairs. What do you all say?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"That's fine. I'm fixing this boar for supper and can sleep whenever. Do the casters have any preferences? Somebody set the watches, while I cook and account all of this loot."

Does anyone know how to post stuff on google docs? It would work better than me just posting it on my character sheet.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn gives a kind nod in thanks to Nibb for the healing touch.
Thank you kind gnome.
Rammellorn ties up the goblin tightly, making sure his ropes are secured as well as the gag in the menace's mouth.

Rammellorn makes certain the goblin bard's weapons and items are nowhere near it.
After the bard is secure, he helps with the barricades and the volunteers for the first watch.
He will also assist in making vittles and enjoys chasing the pain away with some ale.


Evil GM

Feel free to RP some party interactions if there are a few of you online. That'll add a bit RP to what was a long combat.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Sighin at the thought of some roast boar, Varl nods. I'll give you a hand. Before stopping infront of the goblin prisoner. Eh.. it seems that we forgot to deal with this one. I'll handle him if your too squeemish Rammellorn.


Evil GM

What did you all decide to do with the two prisoners? Last I read they were bound an gagged.

Any other interactions amongst yourselves? Vatilda mentioned discussing party tactics. This would be a good time to discuss in character those items.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

After the prisoners are dealt with and the barricade is in place, Vatilda awkwardly brings up her odd behavior in battle. "I am less than at ease with this topic, but I think it is important to discuss. I hope I do not ask too much for your attention if not completely absorbed in claiming the juiciest portion of boar meat. As you may have noticed... when the rush of battle comes, I lose control over my speech... I also do not understand the words of others. I do however, comprehend names... and most simple gestures. Hopefully that will suffice. I apologize, but it is the nature of my abilities, and I hope to prove my worth in spite of what difficulties my arise as a result of it... or at least until you all learn to speak Aklo."


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Nibb walks towards the (masterwork) short sword that lies in the cave's floor. Upon cleaning it with a piece of (goblin) cloth, he raises it's tip and strike a heroic pose.

"And just like this, dear folks, is how the first battle of the Short Swords concludes... the first of many victories to come!"

As the blade comes near Nibb's nose, he wrinkles his face a little and then keeps the weapon.

Ugh... it still stinks like goblin! It'll be better if I clean it when we found some natural wellspring...

"As for the watch turns, I volunteer for the first shift. It's no secret that, upon nightfall, your vision is far more helpful than mine, my fellow dwarves."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I shall take the last. Vatilda, your ...condition is fascinating. And Varl, is it a dwarven belief that killing a prisoner is acceptable? I ask honestly."


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

In between cooking, accounting and eating, Argrim asks, "Are you kidding me? None of us can speak goblin? Can't you smart guys try? We need to find the kids and how many more goblins are there."


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Nibb puffs his chest in confindence.

"May I've taken a little... but soon enough I'll be able to understand the goblin tongue! It's really not that difficult, for it seems that derivate from a primitive form of Dwarven. All that left is to find some appropiate conjunctions..."

Near-deadly boring explanation ensues...


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

"I will take first watch with you... there are a few things I would like to work on, and it will be easiest to start with someone of your size." Vatilda smiles sweetly at Nibb, then turns to the others "We will try to be quiet so you can sleep undisturbed."


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Whoa, whoa whoa there mate! Whats that about goblin being a primitive form of Dwarven!? Ya best be careful, dem be fighting words. Varl mutters eyeing the gnome carefully.


Evil GM
Varl Togaard wrote:
Whoa, whoa whoa there mate! Whats that about goblin being a primitive form of Dwarven!? Ya best be careful, dem be fighting words. Varl mutters eyeing the gnome carefully.

I was waiting on someone to say something.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18
Varl Togaard wrote:
Sighin at the thought of some roast boar, Varl nods. I'll give you a hand. Before stopping infront of the goblin prisoner. Eh.. it seems that we forgot to deal with this one. I'll handle him if your too squeemish Rammellorn.

Don't mistake morality for weakness, Varl. You know it is dishonorable to strike down an unarmed enemy. If you want to "handle" it, it speaks to your character. If he is unfortunate to meet me again in battle, we will not be discussing prisoners.


Evil GM

The three shifts do go by uneventfully and morning comes soon enough. The smell of the roast boar meat lingers in the cave. As the bodies stir from sleep.

Who is in the first cave and which hex are you in?

Feel free to discuss your game plan.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Der Goblins Rammellorn. Any Dwarf worth his ore knows they are a blight. Ya put em down and move on. Dey would do da same for you. Besides, I diden't sign on to take any goblins prisoner. Next you will be offering him some of our food too! Bah!


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"My papi always said that goblins were evil gnomes. Same size and everything, no? We could have trial for them or something if WE COULD ONLY UNDERSTAND THEM."


Evil GM

I really like the fact that we have two LG characters - a Paladin and cleric in the good - that will provide boat loads of good RP with the others.


Evil GM

Have you decided what to do itht the prisoners?

Nibb are you going to try to communicate with the goblins now that it is the morning?


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |
Argrim wrote:
"My papi always said that goblins were evil gnomes. Same size and everything, no? We could have trial for them or something if WE COULD ONLY UNDERSTAND THEM."

"It's likely that your 'papi' would say something like that. After all, seeing your... suboptimal judgment abilities, it wouldn't be incorrect to think that 'like father like son'. Or maybe aging have beginning to take its toll, brave dwarf?

Then Nibb let's out a sigh...

Anyway, let's not make your ignorance ruins the joy and good moment that victory has brought to us for now. In a few moments, I would be able to understand the goblin tongue, so we could get information about what lies ahead."


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Huh.. thats a neat trick learning a language in a few hours. You must be pretty smart.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Goblin vermin are of no relation to my kind. Do what you must Varl, but it is by your honor that you do these acts. Interrogate him and then leave him for his friends, if he is unwise enough to meet us again, it will be for the last time. Let us away from this conversation, eat, drink and prepare for the next foray into the rest of the caverns.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda agrees and shares a memory brought about by the breakfast of leftover pork...
"The man who raised me also raised pigs..." She warns off comments with a stern gaze before clarifying "I had separate housing."
"When I was young I became quite attached to these pigs, and I remember the celebration dinners we would have.. when the pigs got old enough to leave the farm. He would always change the subject when I asked what these animals - I knew as "porks", looked like before they were slaughtered. Of course, what sticks with me now is what strange behavior for a pig farmer to display to their child." She looks over at the bound goblin as she continues... her lower eyelid twitching slightly... "Fantasies about the fate of such a beast serves no one."


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

I can't claim to know the will of the gods, but I'll say this. I've never met another of the kin that would show mercy to a goblin. Shaking his head Varl sighs over the rim of his tankard. They flood up from the tunnels and will drag what ever they can down below. They kill maim and pillage or had you forgotten about the farmhouse? The trail came to this very cave and then he attacked us and you still want to let him go? I'm all for a fair shake but they are goblins! Standing up, Varl grabs his axe and makes his way towards the tied up goblin. Vatilda is right. You can't have it both ways. Don't worry I'll do it out of sight if you have such a weak stomach.


Evil GM

So the next morning around your cooking fire you all feel a bit more energized and more in tuned with your abilities. The bard fumbles over some parchment, he eyes scrunching as he begins to nod his head, "It is a rudimentary form of ancient dwarven." Then he starts to speak in choppy chitchatting tones, intermingled with nasty squeaks and squawks. This makes both goblins wide eyed but their gags forbid any type of response other than muffled gurgling.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Was that goblin, Nibb? If so, you are quite the fast study with languages. Most impressive. Let us find out what these little monsters know."

Karnog cracks his knuckles and stretches his thick body. Picking up his until recently useless lasso, he spins a few loops and twirls, apparently more capable with the tool than before.

Dwarven: "Hmm...so that's how you do that."


Evil GM

Some actions are waiting on Nibb...interrogate the goblins and to send out his Sift Spell.

What are the other's doing first thing in the morning besides eating roast boar? I believe there was an action plan where some of the lighter armored members get through first, followed by the heavier armored members since they will need to remove breast plates to squeeze through the tunnel.

Morning Map

There is a barricade erected by the party at the south tunnel, I just did not put it on the map.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim is ready to go and take point. His haversack is stuffed with new gear and currency.

After practicing the Deepdelve kata that he had tried hard to forget but now feels comfortable following the goblin brawl, Argrim takes out his new goblin set of marbles and rubber ball. He invents a game to pass the time. Just like guarding the caravan, he lounges and chews his fresh bacon waiting as fast as he can.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

After asking for assistance from any of the dwarves, Nibb starts his interrogation:

Goblin:
"Well... listen to me, answer all my questions now, and I can help you to not get chopped by these dwarves... points to Varl Are you going to tell me what I want to know?"


Goblin NPC

goblin:
Assuming you removed their gags so they could answer you. Of course...of course...goblin hon'r
bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
make a sense motive check

The dwarfs hear, "cnxpfhty phnmt usnahbagvau crac"


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Goblin:
Sense Motive check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

And when you need them the most... the dice suck.

"Very well... First, tell me: was your tribe the ones who attacked the farm near here? How many of you still linger in this cave?"


Goblin NPC

Goblin:

"dis an outpost...not main camp. Don't no-what farm is...do y'eat farm?" He belches. "many bad juju vibes come from post lead'r, beware he roast yer goat bones and fart on ye brudders."

He starts to flex his nine fingers two times to indicate numbers.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Goblin:
"Ugh... Do you attacked some humans points Kalim/Vatilda recently? Where do you hold your prisoners? We are looking for kids... small, living humans."

What those gestures means?


Goblin NPC

Nibb it looks like he was trying to count for you but you notice he only has nine fingers and nub.

He belches again and looks at his stomach. He then uses his head to motion towards the southern tunnel.

Goblin:

"No ...no....no th'y'd attacked us. Post lead'r gots 'em...not cookin'em yet. they'd be workin' off crime in dung'n, like udders."

1,001 to 1,050 of 16,329 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.