Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


2,751 to 2,800 of 16,204 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>

Evil GM

"Tithe what you believe the great Tsathogga blessings are worth." The man responds simply.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim rummages in his gear and produces a gold piece that he shows to the man.


Evil GM

The acolyte points to the small locked box inside the gate for you to tithe deposit, then he steps back and motions you inside the gate. "The stew was good tonight, carrots and venison with leak. There's a crusty bread that's only a day old to go with it. Come on in let's fetch you some." He waves you inside. The three other guards remain still, their flesh looks weathered and saggy, their clothing is thread bare.

Perception check


Female Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Perception if Teima gets one: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Evil GM

Teima needs to step out near Argrim to look through the open gate. Argrim and Teima perception checks.

Perception 16 and higher:

You can hear more shuffling coming from the far end and the sides of the cloister. Beyond 6 large columns (3 one either side) that line the temple leading up to the small soapstone. The columns block vision on much of the sides.

perception DC 20 and up:
You can read the first spoiler and this one.

The idol shows the bloated, perverted shape of the demonic frog-god. The flames of the candelabra on the two sides of the altar are unnaturally greenish and their radiance makes everyone look cadaverous.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Argrim opens the gate wide so it stays open...

I would really appreciate a map. I would like to know how far everything is, specifically the priest.


Evil GM

"Come on in and get your food, we'll even get your wolf a bowl."


Male Orc Druid 10

The first party of the DC20 spoiler wouldn't make any sense to Teima, although she might feel a little wary of the odd flames

Teima's ears flatten against her head as her fangs bare, but she stays quiet since Sheyan's pack mate seems calm


Evil GM

Yeh, wasn't really writing that for kitty cat.

Argrim what are you doing?

The group can see Teima sitting near Argrim who is standing in at the open gate apparently speaking with someone.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Could you post a map? I'm trying to decide whether to sneak the priest.


Evil GM

I don't have the map ready.


Evil GM

Here is a birdseye view of the cloister at night. The party would be located near the second "E" in the word Temple on the map key.

Teima and Argrim are at the gate opening.

Birdseye View of the Cloister


Evil GM

Here is the Outer Cloister Map for Argrim and Teima.

Outer Cloister Map

The person your speaking with Argrim is in the red cloak on the map. I know he was described as wearing dark green but this token is red.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Surprise Round

Argrim says, "those guys don't look too healthy." He draws a magic arrow and shoots the priest.
___________________________
sneak attack with shortbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
if hit, damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (4, 6) = 14


Evil GM

[I just saw that you tried to open the gate wider. That's not happening. One side is locked and the other side you'd have to have to enter the gate, plus spend some time investigating. The doors open inward.

So your trying to bluff to get the jump on guy and get a surprise attack? Where are you when you try this bluff?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Responding to the priest's invitation, Argrim attempts to open the gate, in order to go inside. He's not yet going inside, but he tries to open the gate wide enough for him and wolf. "The gate's stuck."

Where is this gate? What happens? Where is Argrim in relation to the priest? His actions totally depend on where he and the priest are. Cheers


Evil GM

The map and summary was posted three posts above. It's a double gate, one side is closed while you are standing the other gate that is on the map. Let me see if I can add a better gate for you to see.

Revised Map

I edited the map for you Argrim and put doors that you can see and i haloed the guards that I previously mentioned. The green haloed guard in the red cloak is the one you've been speaking with.


Evil GM

"Hey...don't go opening the gate." He clearly becomes more suspicious not seeing the coin being deposited, "Close the gate the man is not permitted here." The three of the gaunt looking guards begin to shuffle closer. "GUARDS"

Sense motive, hunch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

OK It's clear now. I'll go ahead and go with this action.

Bluff to act alone in the surprise round: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Initiative to act first in the surprise round: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Evil GM

Initiatives:

acolyte: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Z1: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Z2: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
FZ1: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Teima: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

There's not a surprise round both sides were aware of each other. You tried to bluff, the guard had a hunch Argrim was up to something.

FZ
Teima
Acolyte
Z1
Argrim
Z2


Female Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Teima howls loudly as weapons are drawn, then runs to Argrim's side and bares her teeth, preparing to attack anybody that approaches


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan's face hardens as Teima's howl pierces the night "Argrim must have been caught or started a fight"


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim probably needs to change actions if they close into melee. Cheers


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

The jig is up, let's get up there.

Malcolm rushes to the entrance with his Bastard Sword drawn.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog dashes towards the temple as fast as his dwarven legs can carry him. (60' run)


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda runs for the gate. With only her shield equipped, she tries to secure the entrance.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim moves within range and then shoots at the priest! Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17Fire Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Evil GM

Only Argrim and Teima are in this round. The rest of you were 70 yards away its going to take you some time to get up there. Kalim you really don't see what is happening inside the gate, so no need to waiste a spell yet. One door is closed and the other is blocked by a dwarf and a wolf. Kalim what is the range on your attack anyway?

I'll try to log on later this evening and take the actions.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Ooop, fair point. He'll just run!


Evil GM

RD1: FZ

The Zombie to Argrim's right (U,6) moves up to T, 4, you noticed is sunken lifeless eye sockets. He bashes as you with his hands,

slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18;dam: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Evil GM

RD 1:

FZ - moved to T, 4 and attacked to Argrim
Teima
Acolyte
Z1
Argrim
Z2


Evil GM

REVISED RD 1 MAP


Female Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Teima growls, biting at the bad smelling human

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Evil GM

Teima's attack misses.

RD 1:

The acoylte holds but continues to shout warnings.

Z1 shuffles five feet to S, 5.

REVISED MAP, RD 1


Evil GM

I'm going to assume the rest of the party is running towards the gate. Runs 3x your movement in heavy armor and 4x if in medium or light armor, so most should arrive in round 3. Kio will be 10 feet from the gate at the end of her turn 2nd round movement.

Malcolm only:

When you get within 60 feet of the gate your detect evil resonates a constant faint evil everywhere.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Does Argrim recognize that the Acolyte is commanding the zombies to attack?

Round 1

Argrim doesn't get his bow shot off before the cadaverous guard attacks. He draws his battleaxe, settles into his Deepdelve stance, and attacks. He then steps out of the bottleneck and drops his bow to free his hand.
___________________________
move action to draw battleaxe
swift action to activate crane style
attack defensively: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 = 26
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
confirm threat: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 = 21
if critical, more damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 7) + 6 = 18
5-ft step to S2
free action to drop shortbow

Fighting Defensively: -1 attack, +4 AC, deflect one melee hit per round with free hand


Evil GM

You don't know they are zombies unless you make a religion check.

The acolyte seems to be the leader in the group but he doesn't seem to be commanding the humanoids. The sunken-eyed creature moans but stays up as flesh rips from its body.


Evil GM

The acolyte moves to U,5 and begins to close the open door, while the last humanoid shuffles to T, 5.

The acolyte pushes on the the door trying to close the door and moving the creature forward.

CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

He is able to close the door, thereby pushing the creature to the other side of the gate.


Evil GM

MAP with Door Closed


RD 2:

The humanoid outside the gate attempts to slam Agrim twice with its arms.

slam 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

slam 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Evil GM

RD 2:

FZ - attacked Argrim, he deflected the hit.
Teima
Acolyte
Z1
Argrim
Z2


Female Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Teima hears Kio howl as he rushes to her aid, and she bites at the smelly creature with new vigor, but snarls and spits up the dying flesh as the rancid smell confuses her

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Evil GM

RD 2:

Teima's bite misses.

A scrapping sound can be heard on the other side of the door.

Argrim will attack the creature.

swift action continues crane style

attack defensively: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 1 = 11;dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The attack misses.


Evil GM

RD 3:

FZ -
Teima and Kio
Argrim

Anyone with a ranged weapon or wanting to casts a ranged spell can act after Argrim., in the following order.

groups initiative:

Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Vatilda: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Sheyan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Initiative: after Argrim's action

Malcolm
Karnog
Kalim
Sheyan
Vatilda

Note: the group will reach the gate by the end of the round.

Anyone with Knowledge religion can roll a check as they approach.


RD 3: FZ

The creature tries to batter Agrim,

slam 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

slam 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

A chuck of the creature's thumb falls to the ground.


Male Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

A bone chilling snarl is heard as Kio's dark farm charges into the fight. Teima steps back to give Kio room to work, and he jumps on the foul humanoid

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 3, Charge, AC: 16

Malcolm charges the evil creature.

Back to hell with you!

BS Att: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Evil GM

Kio's vicious bite rips the creatures left arm from it's socket as the it crumbles to the ground.

Malcolm see the foul aura around the creature and crushes the body for good measure.


The putrid stench of death emanates from this crushed corpse. The creature’s pale flesh is rotting from its body.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan wrinckles his nose "That cannot be healthy" Sheyan leans down to check Kio and Teima's teeth, trying to get any excess flesh out of their mouths.

2,751 to 2,800 of 16,204 << first < prev | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.