Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


12,601 to 12,650 of 16,204 << first < prev | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | next > last >>

female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas almost vomits at the notion but then shrugs. "Let´s bury the dead. And then, we wanted to go shopping afterwards.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Felicias is correct. Mother, if you could arrange some people to gather our dead for burial, and I will hold a brief service. As for the giants, I suggest we burn them. The goblins will love that, and it will remove the corpses from our way. The bears will probably be good eating, and useful materials as well."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas smirks at the idea of bear-fur muffs and new boots!


Evil GM
Felicitas Sweetfingers wrote:
Felicitas almost vomits at the notion but then shrugs. "Let´s bury the dead. And then, we wanted to go shopping afterwards.

Yes you all do need to get back to the town for shopping and research.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

With the obvious threat over and tensions easing Nym returns to his rest area.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung will help move bodies, and dig graves for those that fell in combay

I am thinking we should find a way to chase down those that escaped

new thing on my shopping list. Gotta get comfort added to my armor, or at least a wandof swift girding, or whatever that is called


Evil GM

The bodies are buried and burned. The bears are carved up and seasoned for drying. Life in Orctown continues as the young community all chips in to move forward.

The cyclop's is taken the prisoner and the discussion of meting out justice is discussed.

By the end of the day, things begin to take shape back to normalcy. Mother makes sure that Karnog and Kalim have a list of useful supplies to be sent from Fentonville.

I'm sure Karnog spends most of the day casting make-whole and mending spells to fix breaches in the walls and repair the outbuildings.

Unless there is something specific you want to add, I'm going to fast forward the narrative.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Mending, make whole, stone shape, wall of stone, and wall of iron, to be specific.

Probably a bit of fabricate in there for good measure.


Two days later you find yourself walking into Fentonville the small town in Nirmathas which as served as a base for group in the past. A short description and map are located in the campagin info tab under the settlements spoiler.

You can see when you enter that the town is bustling with activity. It seems as if there are couple caravan's staging there and that bought about a influx of people and goods.

The smell of warm honey cakes fills the airs as calls to you begin. "Sirs ...sirs, warm body needed? How 'bout the best ale in town? You need gear clean'd or sold?" I can help you with all." The friendly voice offers.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Smilingly Felicitas nods. "We need a decent place to stay! And a decent seller of items mundane and mystical!"


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"And ...difficult information. We are ...traveling scholars."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

and some suntan lotion. lol


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Taking in the sights of the topsiders town, Nym catches a wiff of a strange sweet smell and starts toward the honey cakes to investigate.

FYI unless anyone has said something Nym is dressed similar to this only a chain shirt and some wands and what nots and smoked googles (Steam punk wielder style).


The townie begins by saying the "Oh, the Slywink is my favorite tav..." She notices Nym and her rose cheeks blanch, like she saw a ghost.

I have limited posting until tomorrow evening.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Seeing the young lady staring at him bow with a overly sweep of his hat and says to her

Elven:
"Greeting, I am Nym Omriwin, a pleasure to meet you."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas smiling waves a hand at Nym before speaking."Oh, do not mind him. He is harmless. And quite charming!"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Townfolk, female wrote:
I can help you with all." The friendly voice offers.

"Oh I definitely could use some assistance." The rogue says, slipping to the front with a grin.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

First thing Grung does is go and find the enchanter, that fine fellow

Hey brother. I find myself with a need to be able to sleep in my armor in the field. Having to put it on before a fight almost cost us lives out there.

comfort enchat

LATER

Grung goes to a library and finds a librarian. I am looking for information about the dwarven kingdom now ruled by Prungsdi. Where can I find that info?


The townie quickly looks at Desmond then back at Nym. "N..n...no thanks....I'll get the m...m...ma...mayor and sheriff." She turns and runs away.


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

Before you can blink three times an alarm bell dings quickly. This is followed by a chorus of responding bells. Then a hurrying gnome whom you all know, except Nym, comes around the corner leading four armed constables. He looks up surprised when he sees the party.

"O...oh, it's you. Shyte I was scared. I heard we were being invaded by the dark elves." His eyes suddenly widens. He stands dumbfounded looking at Nym.


The sound of heavy boots coming from the east thunder on the ground. A few sharp orders are barked. "Stand firm." Four more constables flank a towering man with a bulls head - the Captain of the Guard.

"State your business!" After he speaks his face softens a bit as she recognizes Grung and Desmond. "Oh...why did the alarm bells go ..." His voices trails off as she notices Nym.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"No, not an invasion. Just the one, rather flamboyant, dark elf. Nice to see you again, everyone."

Karnog chuckles at the sudden alarm and waves the guards down.

"Now, now, lads, let's settle down and relax a bit. Perhaps a few pints later on?"


"Pints are always good." He motions his constables to disperse. "Nothing to see here...scatter." He tells the curious town folk. Being an unusual resident of Fentonville himself he understands the curiosity.


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

The mayor smiles, "Well met...well met. My my you've all gained in stature since you've worked on my cartography and bandit project. I'm sure you've seen more than is imaginable to an old cartographer." He scans your gear. "I'm sure Nib and Varl will be glad to see you. I'm sure they can help clean your gear." he smiles. Remember these were former memeber of yoru party and can enchanter some weapons and armor if you want it.

"We have three caravans in town so lots of good trade, if you are looking for new items."

He winks at Felicitas. "Oh..Talberd's has plenty of new books of you." he motions over towards the river where Talberd's Books and Learning is located. "He's actually taken on a few new students."

He chuckles, "Of course, Slywink Tavern, still has that amazing honey ale."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Absolutely, it'll be fantastic to catch up with the lads. I think we have some more fun stuff than having them clean up for us."

Karnog grins at the thought of reconnecting with Varl and Nib, and the fantastical stories they have to share.

"Trade caravans, you say? I wonder if any of them might be interested in potent magical weapons or armor. We seem to have a surplus of such just now."

Once the matter of the dark elf "invasion" has been settled, Karnog heads towards Nib & Varl's smithy.

"Oy! Lads! We come bearing lots of stuff and plenty of tales! Break out the ale and clear some space to check this out!"


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim grabs Desmond's arm. "Hands off the locals, at least the non-professionals. They don't have clerics to clean themselves of you."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim nods. "It is a pleasure to see you all again."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Kalim grabs Desmond's arm. "Hands off the locals, at least the non-professionals. They don't have clerics to clean themselves of you."

Desmond takes a long look at Kalim's tumor. "Ah yes, I appreciate the lecture on health."


Evil GM

Waiting on a response from Nym to see how he reacts to the situation.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

As the alarm sounds Nym assumes a defensiveness stance and eyes the minotaur coming around the corner. As he starts weaving a spell he sees Karnog laughing and waving to the guards and everyone starts to relax. He relaxes a little too and introduces himself

Elven:
""Greeting, I am Nym Omriwin, a pleasure to meet you."

he faces the minotaur
undercommon:
"Do you speak common? It's strange that one such as you would be in a town of upworlders. I guess no stranger then I traveling with these though."
and motions toward the group.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Undercommon:
"Nym, I think we need to have a bit of a language lesson soon. These little misunderstandings are only going to continue so long as you remain topside and most folks can't understand you. Just a suggestion, mind you, but I think it'll prove useful."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Undercommon:
"I agree, I was hoping they might speak surface elf."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Undercommon:
"Elf is a fairly uncommon tongue around here. I am sure it's more prevalent near Kyonin or in the major cities. I believe Nib speaks it, and there are a few elves kicking around town, but not many. Not many dwarves, besides us and a few in the work-clans, either, for that matter."


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

Elven:
"Well met...well met. Any friend of the "Short Swords" is a friend of mine. He chuckles and slaps Karnog on the back. Then extends his hand in friendship towards Nym. "Did you know these are the best cartographer and bandit hunters in Nirmathas?" He smiles. "Lots to share folks...lots to share but first why not go see Nib and Varl." He pauses for a moment, "The first of the caravan's leaves tomorrow morning they have alchemist with 'em so potions and oils can be had there. The other two caravans leave next week. They have a few interesting trinkets, I'm not so sure that I trust the one lead by Xander Brim, there's a touch of evil in that wizard. He offers cautiously. "There's power there."

He then states in common. "So sell some of your items and lets meet at the Slywink for a half dozen tankards."


When Nym speaks in undercommon to Korg the minotaur simply shakes his head. He clearly doesn't understand.


As you make your way towards Varl's Edge Nib finds you. "LOOK at what the dungeon spit out! Oh my, it's great seeing that you're alive and well, still in one piece." he grins widely, "Quite a few more scars I can see...quite a few." Then he gasps but rather than retreating he steps up closer to Nym. He pokes the drow's arm, "Wow...wow."

He immediately speaks in undercommon,

undercommon:
"hello...I'm Nib, I was one of the original founders of this group - Me and Varl."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym looks down at the little figure that just poked him and is surprised to hear common

undercommon:
"Greetings, I am Nym Omriwin. traveller, adventurer, and general pain in Cult of Orcus's rear."
Nym says with flamboyant bow then continues
undercommon:
"It's interesting to find a surface dweller speaking common. And you speak the surfacecommon too. Do you speak elven?"


elven:
Of course, as a purveyor of maps I speak many languages. Including the eloquent surface elf." he bows, "This meeting is my pleasure."


Grungsdi wrote:

First thing Grung does is go and find the enchanter, that fine fellow

Hey brother. I find myself with a need to be able to sleep in my armor in the field. Having to put it on before a fight almost cost us lives out there.

comfort enchat

The dwarf pours a few tankards of ale. "Sleepin' in yer armor...yea, I can do that. Leave the gear, it'll be read in the mornin'" He whistles as he inspects Grung's armor, "Dang something gouged you guud...a few times."

The smithy shop has grown since your last visit, and they have few more smiths and assistants around. "We'll clean it up guud and pound out the dents."

A clerk scurries around refilling tankards.


Meanwhile, Nib inspects and appraises any of weapons and armor you care to sell.

If you pull out the two evil weapons we'll have to role play that out.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

I might have him do another +1 on that, but I figure that is easy enough.

This one ere is a cyclops ax, this one is giant bear claws, and these stupid singe marks are from some cowardly wizard zapping me with missiles.

I am all for selling the evil stuff, but look to the holy man for that decision


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Oh, Grungsdi got more than just dings and nicks, this time, Nib. He got answers. Answers paid for in blood, quite literally."

Karnog settles onto a stool and fills his mug with ale, content to sit and catch up for a while.

"You have certainly improved the smithy and storefront, the two of you. I bet you're doing quite well for yourselves, nowadays."

He sets his pack down and asks someone else to draw out the sheathed unholy sword and axe.

"These weapons, we took off a couple of very strong enemies. From what we can tell, they have some serious magical potency and possibly history. I understand if you don't want to buy, or even touch them, but perhaps you can take a look and see if there's anything else we should know about them?"

I'm good with selling them, preferably to be destroyed, but if evil fights against the Cult of Orcus with them, so be it. I don't expect anyone here can afford even one, let alone both of them, though.


Evil GM

I'm assuming either Kalim or Desmond will be removing the unholy items to layout on the counter. Which one is doing it?


Evil GM

As Gung tells the story of the dents and dings in his armor the shop slows down and several folks gather around for the tale. They grimance and shriek as the story goes on. Several poeple gasp and few simply shake their heads in disbelief.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
baldwin the merciful wrote:
I'm assuming either Kalim or Desmond will be removing the unholy items to layout on the counter. Which one is doing it?

Dibs!


Evil GM

Desmond nonchalantly pulls out three wrapped weapons, then he begins the process of removing the burlap coverings. Suddenly, a cool clammy chill fills the smithy, the fires dull and are nearly extinguished when weapons are revealed.

I need two will saves.

There are actually three unholy weapons but only two require the Will Save. The cyclops large great axe is not Sentinel.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 (+2 if vs spell/spell-like-affect) Will 1

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33 (+2 if vs spell/spell-like-affect) Will 2


Evil GM

I should clarify, everyone in the smithy shop will need to make Will saves.

Karnog's ale tastes a bit bitter, but he easily shakes off the evil spirit.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Blasted evil spirits in those blades, I bet. Plenty of dark deeds and horrors done at their edges. I'll be glad to be rid of them, to be honest."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

12,601 to 12,650 of 16,204 << first < prev | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.