Posted June 28, 2018
Be part of the team sustaining one of the most popular roleplaying games (RPGs) in the world, along with a host of other exciting products. The System Administrator will be part of the IT Department reporting to the Technology Manager.
- Maintain security for all company technology systems
- Setup and maintain servers and network devices
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Manage and maintain databases
- Configure and maintain corporate LAN (DNS, WiFi, VPN, Firewalls, etc.)
- Monitor uptime, stability, and optimize resource usage of servers, and network
- Perform system maintenance, apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Implement disaster recovery plan, including monitoring backups of all systems
- Recommend changes based upon insight from technology developments
- Assist Desktop Support Technician with end-user hardware and software support, user account administration, etc.
- Maintain and update documentation as required
- Participate in team meetings, providing input and suggestions
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- 2+ recent years' experience in a System Administrator or equivalent role
- Working knowledge of security technology & policies, including PCI-DSS
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and related technologies
- In-depth knowledge of SQL servers (MySQL helpful)
- In-depth knowledge of modern UNIX-based systems (Linux, macOS)
- In-depth knowledge of Mac OS X Server
- Proficiency configuring and administering systems deployed in AWS
- Experience with networked storage systems
- Experience using infrastructure monitoring solutions
- Experience executing a complete infrastructure migration over an extended period of time
- Experience working in a medium size company with an e-commerce website
- Self-motivation and great attention to detail
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal, including customer-facing communication)
- Flexibility to work outside of normal operating hours when requested
- Office located in Redmond, Washington—no relocation expenses will be provided
- Typical office working conditions
- Paid medical, dental, and vision for employee and immediate family
- Generous vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- Access to company 401k with matching
- Copies of all products produced by Paizo Inc.
- Employee discount on paizo.com
- Bonus eligible
- Flexible work hours
About Paizo Inc.
Paizo Inc. is publisher of the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Tales novels, Starfinder science-fantasy roleplaying game, as well as numerous board games and accessories. In the 15+ years since its founding, Paizo has received more than 100 major awards and has grown to become one of the most influential companies in the hobby games industry.
The Pathfinder world, in which players take on the role of brave adventurers fighting to survive in a world beset by magic and evil, is currently translated into eight languages, and has been licensed for comic book series, graphic novels, toys, apparel, computer games, and more.
Paizo.com hosts a leading online hobby retail store, offering tens of thousands of gaming products from a variety of publishers to customers all over the world. The website is also a portal for Paizo's organized play campaigns and Pathfinder and Starfinder communities.
Email your resume to email@example.com with the following text as subject of the email: System Administrator Resume 2018