Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


12,951 to 13,000 of 16,204 << first < prev | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | next > last >>

Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 sense motive

Karnog blinks the evil chaotic sparkles from his eyes and turns his glance towards the demon.

"We seek to rid this plane of the Prince if Undeath. Where will we find capable allies to assist us in that endeavor."


"I'm could careless about those peons, his followers are irrelevant,.." He scoffs then pauses for another moment before volunteering another tidbit. "The proper question is who is he bringing it to...he's bringing it to Hecate's pet...Hrourvex."

Karnog:
You would know about the inherent and constant battle between devils (LE) and demons (CE). You also know the goddess Hecate is LE and Orcus is clearly CE. You suspect that this is the reason why the General appeared rather than a lieutenant.

When Karnog speaks the General roars in an evil laughter. "Rid the plane of my Master." He continues to laugh, "You will make a fine minor trophy somewhere obscurely located in his domain, but I will say..." He ponders the question a bit, "When you are in Twilight Demesne seek the Keeper." He yawns clearly growing bored with the questions.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I ask for no pledge. I am but a simple spearman brought aware of too much. I am no prophet. But you know of the negation of which I speak. I would offer much against it."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym stands straight looking the demon in his eyes in a cold even tone

undercommon:
"Where has Orcus hidden my family?"


"Hidden?"


Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"I ask for no pledge. I am but a simple spearman brought aware of too much. I am no prophet. But you know of the negation of which I speak. I would offer much against it."

"Why would I be concerned about the great chaos such an event would undoubtedly cause?"


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"It would not cause chaos, General. It would end it. There can be neither chaos nor destruction without anything to destroy."


Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"It would not cause chaos, General. It would end it. There can be neither chaos nor destruction without anything to destroy."

"Unless it is complete surprise, any reckoning causes an underlying chaos, you just don't know it yet."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Demon of the Abyss wrote:
"Hidden?"

undercommon:
""Taken" then"

AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"You will fight to exist. I will, too. I will likely fall. You must not."


undercommon:
"Sacrificed."

As the news sinks into for Nym, he adds

undercommon:
"Less is known about your little sister though."


The demon hisses, "Any other meandering questions?" He smirks at the bard, "Care to go back with me, your sharp tongue and shapely body could provide me with sport." It almost appears as is he winks at Felicitas. "Oh well, then."

He glances at each person one last time.

Do you have any last questions before he steps back through the gate?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Anything you can tell us about Hecate and her minions that we will be facing? Tricks? Weaknesses?


"You'll be moving into a demiplane made up of shadow stuff that effects magic in an odd sort of way. Beyond that my insight fails." He spits again and it sizzles on the floor. "Remember, this... place is the ground zero in the coming war, if you fail." He then steps back through the gate.


The room releases a thunderous crack as a rift between planes is sheared open. The table the General was standing on explodes into shards.

DC 18 Reflex save for 1/2 damage.

flying shards: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4


H, NPC Wizard

Three is a sense of relief that everyone survived an encounter with General Chaos.

In a fatherly stern tone loremaster looks at Desmond, "so was she worth this....I mean all of this?" He eyes have the look of disappointment. he shakes his head briefly and addresses the others, "Well it looks like you have a few hours before moonrise that gate opens to the demiplane."

Post beginning the task

"You all have some limited time to prepare."

What do you plan to do.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Who has some coin they can part with? I'd like to ask for some divine assistance, but am short on the necessary materials, and gift for the outsider I'd be calling. It would bring us some additional healing, as well as being another fighter, assuming the creature agrees to our bargain."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Talbard the Grey wrote:
In a fatherly stern tone loremaster looks at Desmond, "so was she worth this....I mean all of this?"

Desmond looks at the old man, cocks his head in thought, raises a finger, goes back to pondering, then smiles and nods. "Yes. Without a doubt."


H, NPC Wizard

"Good at least this wasn't for naught."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Talbard the Grey wrote:
"Good at least this wasn't for naught."

"Thank Karnog for that."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung shakes his head, and takes the full brunt of the shards which do him no harm

I have none left after the scrolls


Evil GM

"Well, let me see if I can find anything about this demiplane but I dont' hold much hope. Perhaps I can find something out about this guardian that is about to receive the weapon."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Let me get into my gear again and then I am ready!"


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

ref: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Karnog if you ask him Nym will give you all he has, but 20 gp he'll also offer up an unholy symbol of orcus (from the cleric when you first met) if you think it will help
PP: 23
GP: 791
SP: 57
CP: 26
Plus his cut from the adventure loot


H, NPC Wizard

Karnog starts to make small piles of coin for the equipment he requires.

The evil ax that you took off the warlord cyclops can be sold. Talbard buys it for himself to study. The loremaster looks to group, "I understand the need to give the demon general the Fallen Angel's weapon, we needed information. Regrettable the price for the information was the powerful weapon. I'll give you 3/4 the value for the evil ax, I know you will put those funds to good use."

Karnog you will be able to get the items you need fi you ahve enough cash.

That was the only items left to sell right? All the mundane magical items can be sold without incident.


Evil GM

bump, bump, kick.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Sorry, my bad. Lemme double check money calculations.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Total value without the angel sword or deathknight axe: 17,101.77 gp, each!


Evil GM

so you have enough for a few consecrate scrolls and/or other gear needed.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Yes, just have to scrimp on things like diamond dust or planar ally components.

"Well, it would appear we don't have enough coin to bring some good outsider assistance at this time. That's okay, I will just have to use my magic to heal and support us."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Well whatever we do. Let's get after this orc and slice him up!

Grung says, tired of chatting.


Evil GM

After working with the librarian and a couple locals you think you locate the winding rabbit trail east of the town.

The twisting dirt path disappears into a suffocating, smoke‐like darkness from which no light escapes. Precisely at midnight near a weathered ancient willow tree a gate appears.

What are you going to do?


Evil GM

Do you want to give me your marching order as you steop through the portal?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung first


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:

After working with the librarian and a couple locals you think you locate the winding rabbit trail east of the town.

The twisting dirt path disappears into a suffocating, smoke‐like darkness from which no light escapes. Precisely at midnight near a weathered ancient willow tree a gate appears.

What are you going to do?

Shield and (if kalim doesn't cast communal) stone skin. I assume that sometime through out the day my 12 fall damage would have gotten healed and that I no longer wish to sell the weapons to the half orc


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog will ready shield and hammer, and go in after Grungsdi.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Just shield and sling for Grung he can QuickDraw Croaker as needed


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas will follow with the banner on her spear!


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

what does the banner do?


Evil GM

Banner of Ancient Kings:

This tattered white canvas banner looks like an old piece of sailcloth, or perhaps a winding shroud—a 4-foot-by-6-foot rectangle with loops that can fit over a spear haft or pole running up one side. If mounted on a longspear or pole at least 8 feet in length, the banner shifts in appearance to match the heraldry or coat of arms of the person who attached it. If that person has no device, the flag instead displays a device that echoes the owner’s personality (such as a favorite animal, favored weapon, or holy symbol of the wielder’s deity).

When carried into battle, a banner of the ancient kings confers several benefits. As long as the longspear or pole to which the banner is attached is firmly wielded in two hands, its carrier gains a +4 circumstance bonus on Initiative checks. In addition, when so wielded, it grants the wielder and all allies within 30 feet a +2 resistance bonus on all saving throws against mind-affecting effects. If the carrier of the banner fails a saving throw against a mind-affecting effect, he may attempt a new saving throw against that effect every round he continues to wield the banner of the ancient kings—once he releases his firm grip on the banner’s haft, though, he no longer gets this benefit, even if he wields the banner properly at a later point while still under the effects of the mind-affecting effect.

If the banner’s carrier possesses the Flagbearer feat, the banner of the ancient kings doubles the morale bonuses granted by that feat. A bard who carries a longspear or pole to which a banner of the ancient kings has been attached is treated as four levels higher than his actual bard level for the purposes of determining the bonuses granted by his inspire courage bardic performance ability.

Flagbearer Feat:

Benefit: As long as you hold your clan, house, or party’s flag, members of that allegiance within 30 feet who can see the flag (including yourself ) gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and saving throws against fear and charm effects. You must hold the flag in one hand in order to grant this bonus. If the standard is taken by the enemy or destroyed, this bonus becomes a penalty, affecting all creatures that the bonus previously affected for 1 hour (or until you reclaim the lost flag).

Felicitas tell me your default manner in which you carry your banner. I need this for initiative bonuses.


Evil GM

Felicitas unrolls the clan's banner and attaches it to her her defending longspear. Grung glances back and smiles whispering in dwarven to Karnog, she's grown a set of tankards in town. Confident."


Evil GM

Boldly the group led by Grung steps through the Midnight Portal...


Evil GM

...emerging into a dense forest of perpetual darkness. For as far as you can observe it appears as if you are in a Midnight Labyrinth of trees. Here, towering pine trees with needles the blue‐black colour of a night's sky drink in the light. All light sources are diminished here, having the radius of light they create halved.

Everyone please advise what your light source is and tell me the normal and half radius of such light source. I'll make a quick chart once everyone chimes in. I'm a bit stretched on time this weekend, so I can't look at everyone's character sheets.

Anyone with knowledge planes can make a roll.

Everyone can make a perception check.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

For the time being with pride and confidence! For everyone to see!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Knowledge (planes)
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22 perception

Not currently carrying any lights, Karnog has 60' darkvision.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

perc: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Know Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

No light 120' DV (smoked googles are resting on my forehead now that its night time)


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Dark vision 60 as a dwarf

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 perception +2 stonecunning


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim casts Mage Armor while admiring the banner. perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14"I can't see s$~$..."

12,951 to 13,000 of 16,204 << first < prev | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.