Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


12,701 to 12,750 of 16,204 << first < prev | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | next > last >>

AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I fear Desmond has been ensorcelled, Karnog. We can't afford to let him give those weapons to the first evil vagina he finds."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"I also would like to order an item to be made!"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I agree, Kalim, but I don't have a dispel evil spell prepared. He should be protected against evil for about a quarter of an hour, that buys us a bit of time. If we want, I can spend some time and call up an ally, it will cost some coin but if I get the proper outsider it could fix our problem outright. In any case, Desmond should one hundred percent NOT be the person in our group to carry those weapons."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim nods. "Perhaps we should just keep an eye on him? Aurora and/or Bhagavāna Kī Ulṭī?"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
"Desmond should one hundred percent NOT be the person in our group to carry those weapons."

FIGHT ME


Evil GM
Felicitas Sweetfingers wrote:
"I also would like to order an item to be made!"

for clarification: Were you asking Varl for an item or the wizard Talbard? What item?


Evil GM

Nym:
You hear Karnog and Kalim talking and they keep mentioning "Desmond". You are concerned for Desmond's safety.

Note: you don't want any harm to occur to those weapons, even when they are tucked safely in Desmond's bag. this effect last at least 24 hours.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"By the way, Carl, I'd like to upgrade my headband and get some Boots of Levitation. I've found I hate pits."


"Carl? did you get whacked in the head in the dungeon or did you just forgit I was with yer party in the beginning....name is Varl!" he growls. "I'm sure Nib will be able to guide you to the proper vendor." he whacks the anvil with his hammer as he fixes another dent from Grung's armor.

Remember Varl and Nib were players in the very beginning of the campaign. When the players dropped out, I made their characters NPCs in the town. They opened the Varl's Smithy Shop with their dungeering fortune."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

"Excuse me a moment Nib." Nym walks over to Karnog and Kalim "What are you suggesting? Are you proposing harming Dez'mond or the weapons? These weapons are causing us conflict. We should have just sold them and been done with it.

I will also be looking for items


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Ooops, that was autocorrect.


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Ooops, that was autocorrect.

I figured but I was just having a bit of fun with you.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"My apologies, old chum. I've touched the void a few too many times. It's a wonder I know my own name." Kalim takes a long swig.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Nym, we won't harm Des or the weapons. I only fear he'd lose them in a bout of sex-hungry irresponsibility."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

"hmmm... Maybe it would be best if we all went together to have them looked. He is a bit..."Nym searches for the word"...unmindful"

Turning back to Nib he eyes Varl. "I wonder if I may borrow one of the smiths apron and a scarf?

Nym dons the smiths apron and warps some fabric over his mouth and nose. he then takes a handful of the ash and soot from from Varl's forge and wipes it on the expoosed area of his skin and hair and on his closes.

Disguise: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

he clearly looks like a smith now and totally not like a flamboyant dark elf trying to look like a smith. lol


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"If you wish a disguise, I've a spell that can help."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

I was hoping to do a little research on my homeland. And we was thinking you might want to have a look at some items that we found recently. Took em off a deathknight. Pretty potent stuff. My friend here can send her companion back to get them brought here if you are ibterested.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Harm Desmond? I've healed the lad after he bedded a damned vampire lass in the Darklands, for no more than a shiny bauble or two, I might add. He's irresponsible, incorrigible, and immoral, but he's ours. For better of worse, it appears. No, I only wish for him to make his own bad decisions, rather than be coerced into them by an incredibly powerful, evil, weapon. But that's just one dwarf talking, right?"

Karnog seems unconcerned that their erstwhile rogue is running around with such artifacts in his possession.


H, NPC Wizard

"A d..d..d...death," he gulps, "...Knight, you say?" His eyes widen fill his spectacle lenses. He exhales and looks over the dwarf and around his grounds as if dwarf was bringing trouble with him. He quickly waves the three strangers into his keep, he quickly bolts the door and then says a series of complex wards. He totally ignores his guests until he is finished.

"Where are these items?" Suddenly an attractive girl appears from a nearby doorway, she is carrying three massive tomes.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

"Lineage? Did I hear correctly you are tracking lineage and geographical areas?" She perkily smiles. "I trace histories, perhaps I can assist you."


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

The Slywink's door barely swings shut behind Desmond before he is approached, "Buy a girl a few drinks." the inviting voice harps.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Brother Karnog holds them. He is a holy dwarf of great might.

Then he turns to Melissaa Yes, I am Grungsdi, prince of my lands. I have lost much of my memory though it would seem that my brother Prungsdi has taken over the crown. What can you do with that information?


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"If you wish a disguise, I've a spell that can help."

"Judging from earlier reactions that might not be a bad idea." replies Nym as he starts dissembling his costume


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
"Harm Desmond? I've healed the lad after he bedded a damned vampire lass in the Darklands, for no more than a shiny bauble or two, I might add. He's irresponsible, incorrigible, and immoral, but he's ours. For better of worse, it appears. No, I only wish for him to make his own bad decisions, rather than be coerced into them by an incredibly powerful, evil, weapon. But that's just one dwarf talking, right?"

"Quite right. When we catch up it might be better if one not so... pious as yourself handle them though."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Hard to get less pious than me," Kalim says as he casts Veil on Nym, changing his appearance to that of a high elf.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

GM:
Sense Motive (does she want my precious weapons?): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32

Desmond grins. "Oh my lady, I shall do more than that for you tonight."


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

The flirtatious girl slinks her hand under Desmond's arm and begins to giggle. "Oh...my hero makes promises, promises."

Demond:
She is clearly interested in your coin for the pleasure of her company.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Yeah I'll be occupied for the night. Have fun guys!


H, NPC Wizard

"Where is this Brother Karnog, I can send a runner to find him and bring those items with him."

He smiles at Felicitas, "So your companion wants some unusual items inspected and lore reviewed,but what is it that I can do you you?"


Evil GM

Varl goes back to pound on his anvil but waves you all towards the tapped kegs. Nib excitedly leaves the smithy shop to try to locate some of the gear that the party has requested.

Nym, Karnog, and Kalim are still at the Varl's smithy unless you tell me otherwise.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

"Yes...do follow me." the mousy librarian tugs on the dwarf's scarred hand. "What did you say the name was? Do you have any idea of a geographical region? How is it you don't know or that you discovered this information? Did you take a bump your head that could casue you to forget?" She rattles off her questions....her curiosity is triggered.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4
Talbard the Grey wrote:

"Where is this Brother Karnog, I can send a runner to find him and bring those items with him."

He smiles at Felicitas, "So your companion wants some unusual items inspected and lore reviewed,but what is it that I can do you you?"

Felicitas bows and speaks up. I feel as if I made a few of bad choices.

There is a surge inside of me, a surge to devot myself even more to my goddess, the goddess of art and love and music.
Can you help me to find a better path?
Change 2 feats and swap 8 levels of bard to evangelist.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

I do not rightly know. I believe my memory was lost in a fight with orcs. I seem to have traveled in foot so it cannot be THAT far away. But I am hopin ye can help me figure the rest out?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog settles in and shoots the breeze with Varl while Nib runs around trying to locate everyone's desired items.

"You'll never believe what we learned about our fighter, Grungsdi! He's a true-born royal, heir to some dwarven throne in the mountains! And he didn't even know it before we met this information broker down in the Darklands."

Sipping his brew, Karnog seems more relaxed and comfortable than he's been in quite a while.

"So, do I call up an invisible stalker or some kind of outsider to swipe those blades from Desmond? Or do we wait until he passes out from drink and debauchery, then take them ourselves?" he addresses Kalim with his question, over the rim of his tankard.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym looks down at the goodly dwarf. "I thought we wanted to get the weapons from Dis'mind."

He looks over to Kalim "Maybe we should leave him to catch up with his friend?"


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I think careful observation is all we need now." He casts Veil again and his tumor appears as a pigeon. "Watch Desmond. Even when it's gross."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

"Shall we venture out then?"


Evil GM

Karnog spends the next few hours belly rolling and telling stories of famed Short Swords recent adventures. Varl shares in the laughter, and his smithies, are awestruck by adventures. Nib stops in every couple hours and jots down his notes in a log book. He smiles and assures Karnog all is well in his searches. Karnog: Are you just kicking back and sharing tales.

Meanwhile, Kalim and Nym find their way to the Sly Wink tavern. Nym's combination of spell and disguise appears to hold up. The tavern is packed with customers. You can tell there are the usual regulars but also a large assortment of caravan personnel. Nym and Kalim: Are you doing anything while in the tavern.

Desmond your companion will quickly hustle you up to her "private' room for entertainment purposes. Just before the door shuts behind you, you do catch a glimpse of a pigeon perched on a rafter that appears to be watching you. Desmond: other than having fun are you going anything?


H, NPC Wizard

The learned scholar nods as Felicitas explains her ability frustration. "Yes, yes...retraining by an experienced hand. I can handle that dilemma.

Felicitas do you have or have the link to the riddles you discovered in the dungeon on how to weaken Orcus? This is something Talbard could provide some insight to.


Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:
I do not rightly know. I believe my memory was lost in a fight with orcs. I seem to have traveled in foot so it cannot be THAT far away. But I am hopin ye can help me figure the rest out?

I'm trying to find the fragment of the story of your heritage. I think you learned it with the lich, if I recall.

EDIT: I need to expand on this underlying history

Original heritage story


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4
Talbard the Grey wrote:

The learned scholar nods as Felicitas explains her ability frustration. "Yes, yes...retraining by an experienced hand. I can handle that dilemma.

Felicitas do you have or have the link to the riddles you discovered in the dungeon on how to weaken Orcus? This is something Talbard could provide some insight to.

Am that was half a year ago. At least. I can search.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Nope, that's pretty much Desmond's goal right now lol


Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:
Nope, that's pretty much Desmond's goal right now lol

That's what I figured.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

Over the next couple days the cute librarian is able to cobble together a bit of Grung's background:

She confirms that there is in fact an ancient dwarf clan named Hammerford, that dwells beneath the Five Kings Mountains. The Hammerfords are in Druma which is south of Lake Encarthan roughly a week away by foot/caravan, or 4 days by boat. Your clan is close to the Druma surface city of Highhelm.

"I've found that there is recorded a Prince Grungsdi, who was the second son of the then king. Your older brother, Brung, was killed exploring tunnels by duegar. It is reported he fought valiantly but his whole expedition party was slaughtered." She frowns. "There is a note that his death was by ambush, which looks a bit suspicious."

She pulls another scroll out and show you, "You dad died while working the forges, he was given a heroes burial." She goes on to add, "The clan sent word to this region to notify you but you went missing." She shakes her head, "That was now aobut 2 years ago and there was a rash of attacks by Aragnak the Red Dragon back then."

You would know this is the dragon that ambushed Desmond coming out of the dungeon. So you apparently have a score to settle with him.

After you've had some time to digest the information she goes on to tell you a bit about the current events of you clan. "Well, your youngest brother, Prung, has doubled the mineral outputs over the last year. It is said that he uses necromancy to have teams of undead working round the clock. He has grown in wealth, and uses fear to his advantage." She shakes her head, "He doesn't sound like a just ruler."


Evil GM

Grung: essentially what the lich reported was right on the mark except the lich provided you some detail on how your dad died. Which you figure she would know better than a librarian.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Grungsdi wrote:
I do not rightly know. I believe my memory was lost in a fight with orcs. I seem to have traveled in foot so it cannot be THAT far away. But I am hopin ye can help me figure the rest out?

I'm trying to find the fragment of the story of your heritage. I think you learned it with the lich, if I recall.

EDIT: I need to expand on this underlying history

Original heritage story

Oops. I failed to make a note of that...


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung frowns. Is there any info about old advisors of the king? I can't imagine Prhng would keep them. Perhaps one named Govreas Goldfeet? There should be a record of him, or he kings aunt, her name was Glawlilla Darkbraids

dm these are people that I'm saying were or at least thought to be the most loyal to my father, and that grung has good memories of


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"So, Nym. Let us get to know one another. What is your history? Goals? Family?
"


Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:

Grung frowns. Is there any info about old advisors of the king? I can't imagine Prhng would keep them. Perhaps one named Govreas Goldfeet? There should be a record of him, or he kings aunt, her name was Glawlilla Darkbraids

dm these are people that I'm saying were or at least thought to be the most loyal to my father, and that grung has good memories of

Grung: I'll work it in. if you can cut and past it along with the Heritage posts or link them to your profile page that would make it easier in the future.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Grungsdi wrote:

Grung frowns. Is there any info about old advisors of the king? I can't imagine Prhng would keep them. Perhaps one named Govreas Goldfeet? There should be a record of him, or he kings aunt, her name was Glawlilla Darkbraids

dm these are people that I'm saying were or at least thought to be the most loyal to my father, and that grung has good memories of

Grung: I'll work it in. if you can cut and past it along with the Heritage posts or link them to your profile page that would make it easier in the future.

I'll make a google doc that way we can both add to it as needed and link it in my profile

12,701 to 12,750 of 16,204 << first < prev | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.