Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


14,251 to 14,300 of 16,204 << first < prev | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | next > last >>

AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Hmph. If you like pale sticks ..."


Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:
sorry if I’m dense, is searching for evil hot chick feasible?

Sure is. Felic left her in the Slywink Tavern. That is also the last location Nym saw the evil hot demon chick.


Evil GM

Link to prior post

Nym:
Nym I'm not sure if you caught it or not but there is a reference from your background history in that linked post. It was a reference or hook from your past battle with another Drow House.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Regardless, we should go destroy her. Desmond, you should just go put some clothes and armor on. I'm afraid whatever witchery she has will overwhelm your childlike mind, unless one of you holy types have a way to ward him from suggestion or domination."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog walks over and bops Desmond with a short metal rod.

"Kalim's right. Get yer pants on and suit up. It's time ta slay another demon pretending to be good folk."

Casting protection from evil, extended via rod, on Desmond.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond drunkingly sways to his feet. "Perfect, I never run from a fight with a demon!"


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Link to prior post

** spoiler omitted **

gm:
i did not. Thanks for pointing it out

Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Turrand, NPC wrote:

"King Prung, General Grimm, and an envoy from the underdark, House DeVir, have been searching and toiling for some hidden gem."

Nym pauses slightly as Turrsrd's word finally register "Deed yoo ss'ay DeVir?"


The dwarf turns and looks at Nym, "Yes, I did." He nods. "I was waiting to tell you...at least until, I passed the royal message and saw fer myself that you were honorable." He seems particularly proud of associating Nym with the word honorable, as opposed to his description of Duncan's son. "I heard there was good dark elf help'n out. didn't quite believe it fer meself. Varl, Nib and mayor Featherton all said you could be trust'd."

I'll pause here to let you respond before relaying some of what he knows about House Devir's involvement with the happenings with Grung's homeland.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Duncan takes note of the ease with which the dwarf forgives the inbuilt mistrust of the Drow. Ii thanks made his son's actions all the more shaming. If the ever distrustful, ever unchanging Dwarves could accept a Drow as being anything other than evil...what horrible crimes be Grimm have committed....

I came lookin fer me boy. If e's done wrong ta Grungsdi's people then I gotta wear some O that responsibility. I'll help ye with the demon woman, then let's be off ta find yer kin and bring some justice ta those what wronged ye.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"That sounds like a solid plan. We track down this demon woman, sent her back to Hell, or Abaddon, or wherever she came from, then track down Grimm and beat some sense into him. I figure we can achieve all that pretty readily, so long as we work together. But first things first tomorrow, we get rid of that blasted axe via an angel or archon or something. Any objections?"


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

None from Me, Brother. An if ye need any coverage fer prayers, lemme know. I ain't no cleric, but Iomedae chooses ta answer most o me prayers anyway. I got access ta the 5th divine tier. Mostly just use it fer Fightin and minor miracles. Ain't wise enough fer offensive casting but I can keep Grungsdi up on the front line ta save ya a few castin's fer yeself. Shouldn't have ta spend all yer prayers on everyone else, eh?

Duncan was being genuine here, he remembered often the reliance on some parties to treat their cleric as a healing battery and in truth, some Cleric's fostered that idea. Dwarfves however, even the most Pious, generally sang Thier gods praises while cracking skulls.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung is strangely silent here, deep in thought. He tries to pull out of his funk however when Turand talks of hearing about a "good Dark elf"

Aye we have all heard of the tales of the good Dark Elf...don't take it the wrong way lad, but ye don't quite live up to the stories...

Let's find this demon woman He makes a beeline for the last known location and will try to see what he can find

survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Listen to yourselves! 'Good dark elf'! Are all dwarves this racist?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Spend a couple centuries with every dark elf ya see trying to chop your head off. The stories are popular for a reason. Grung shrugs


Evil GM

Demon hunting...

Nym also may want to comment to turrand.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"Listen to yourselves! 'Good dark elf'! Are all dwarves this racist?"

Nym waves off the comment and tells Kalim " Iz waz zur'pise et 'goood sur'fece dur'gurs'"

He turns to Turrand " Yooz mest be mes'taking, Hoose DeVir wes dE'sto'ried fy've y'earz pa'st"


Nym:
I read your history as your house being destroyed, I thought Devir was the victor. it doesn't really matter now, I can have an alternative solution.

"Most were," he pauses, considering his words. "Prince Grungsdi had an aunt, Glawlilla Darkbraids, who his youngest bother had executed. She was executed becasue of her talents. Talents who as a diviner of both past and future snippets of information. This divine connection with Torag was her downfall." he stops and takes a deep breath. "She saw the king's youngest son kill his father. She saw the youngest son make the deal with Grimm. She saw Grimm assassinate the first in line for the throne."

He straightens and looks at Nym, "She saw your house being destroyed by Orcus Cultist...the remaining factions of House DeVir. Their house survived, albeit, many did parrish. She saw an envoy from House Devir help the youngest son, Prince Prung, become King Prung Hammerford."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Wait, what? This cousin of yours had a diviner and speaker for Torag put to death for telling the truth? Grungsdi, Duncan, I believe our goals just overlapped in a lot of ways. I wouldn't be surprised to find those damned cultists of Orcus behind the whole plot, in some way. Blast! If only I could be in more than one place at a time!"

Karnog's face darkens and his eyes narrow under his helmet as he contemplates this pretender kings actions.

"Perhaps an army of orcs, ogres and others monstrous races coming to the aid of goodly dwarves is a bit of karmic justice. It might be time to begin preparations to rekindle the jihad against Orcus and his ministrations on this plane."


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Yer losin me brother, what's this about Orcus and Ogres? If you are equal companions to Grungsdi's prowess then this is a powerful adventurin' party. Groups like this don't come together for small fish. What's the stakes here?

Duncan was no novice to fighting powerful enemies. He'd helped to take down one of the most powerful families in devil ruled Westcrown.
But if he was all in, he wanted to know what exactly he was getting into. He'd already died for a cause once....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Long story short, this massive dungeon we've been mapping and clearing used to be the redoubt of an army of undead. They swore allegiance to the high priest of Orcus. A crusade drove them underground and slow most, but those dammed demon worshipping necromancers turned the fallen soldiers into their own force. Now, this cult has arisen again, messing with politics among the Drow, terrorizing the land above, and looking to cause trouble for all Good folks nearby."

Karnog makes the sign of the hammer and spits on the floor.

"Right now, we've been gearing up to take these monsters down, and shut off Orcus from this plane as best we can. We need to hit 4 unholy sites of his, slay the heretics there, and use some magic to consecrate the area. So, I'm guessing as a holy warrior of the Inheritor, that's all stuff you're good with?"

He downplays the dwarf's suggestion of their power levels.

"King Grungsdi is a much better fighter than I, but if I had to judge our skill levels, I'd say were about equal in what we do. I have been blessed by Torag to protect, build, and defend, and his magic has granted me some significant powers. Some of which, like raising the dead or restoring fools of the soul when it's been bargained or sold, I hope to not have to use any oonger."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Mostly he cures Desmond of whatever diseases he contracts with his nocturnal activities.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Which is a way bigger job than you'd think. As for ogres, we have founded a town settled by orcs and the like that Karnog and I have converted away from the useless ways of evil. Though I don't believe we should be using them as soldiers in this instance. Our power will be sufficient to ...correct the wayward dwarves."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas snickers and smiles."Amen Grungsdi. I have yet to find a man who better lives up to the trope of a man thinks with his pants. And judging by some of his actions, there is not much there to think with it."
She shruggs and adds."We even adopted an ogre as our bodyguard or friend!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:
Mostly he cures Desmond of whatever diseases he contracts with his nocturnal activities.

I'm laughing so hard, I began to cry.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

So a goodly, but crazy group, trying ta save the local population from enslavement and death? Yer my kinda people then. So what're we waiting for? Shall we get rest then and prepare our spells for huntin' a demon b!TCH in the morn?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I wouldn't say we're all goodly. I certainly see no use for good or evil."


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Duncan cocks his head and looks quizzically at the Sorcerer DETECT EVIL, No use fer either eh? That seems a bit odd considerin' yer company. Do ya a least feel a body's got a right ta live without harm, as long as they leave yeself alone, then?

The question was mostly a cover for Duncan to use his abilities to confirm the Sorcerer was not evil. Duncan was not the type to try and convert everyone. As long as they allowed others to live in peace....
He didn't believe a Cleric of Torag would associate with an obviously evil person, but better to be safe than sorry.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Aye, those that do no harm should not be harmed. But I've little use for a further list of rules. When the Void comes ...it will destroy the evil as freely as the good. And to fight it we need every ally we can get."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

I've got an idea of how I'll introduce the void....a grand battle with Orcus. Ha


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

BOINGGGGGGGGGGG


Evil GM

I'm just waiting to see if Nym has anything he wants to add to the conversation above. I'll move the story along some tomorrow.

Are you going Demon succubus hunting before or after you rest?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog lays a big gauntleted dwarf hand on Kalim's shoulder.

"Kalim here talks a big game about not caring for the world and being all cold and all, but he really does choose the right thing time after time. Hes good people, that's for sure. Just dont look too close at that thing he talks to and makes fly around. Its gross."

Succubus hunt asap, I'd think?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Oh and Karnog is the new god of the orcs." Desmond reminds them.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"By the way, Duncan, this is Desmond. He makes extremely poor decisions and loves bad jokes. Pay him as little mind as you'd like, but he really is quite deadly with those swords."

Karnog looks at Desmond, still unclothed.

"Cant you find some pants, man? There's real work to be done tonight before your return to debauchery. "


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Do we really want Desmond around a woman who could ensorcle even Nym and Felicitas? His will is easily dominated when he's sober ..."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Hes been protected against evil influences for about half an hour. That should prevent magical coercion, and keeping a w as watchful eye should keep the normal enticements at bay for now. Hes usually not so bad when it gets legitimately hairy, after all. Usually."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Turrand, NPC wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

gm:
Nope, House Mylyl was hence the army Nym was in were still alive to return home. His home (personal home/the small village he lived) was destroyed by the Cult of Orcus and his family taken just as the war was winding down. I needed a hook why he would be after the cult. Until he had stumble across this group he had mostly been doing guerilla style hit and run attacks.

House Mylyl is the ruling house Nym is more of a commoner. His grandfather worked for the royal house as a mage, so he's lower upper class/upper middle class? Well off enough to be trained in the magical arts, but not enough to keep him out of being drafted. The fighter rank and the fighter side of Eldrich Knight come from his time in the army. The sorcerer and spell side of EK were from what little he had picked up from his grandfather and building on that. like a self taught wizard, but with more natural skill.

I didn't go super in depth because they were really just a quick reason why this sorc had melee skills. So we can defiantly play with all of it.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Turrand, NPC wrote:

***redacted for length***

Hearing Turrand's words Nym reflects on them turnign them over in his head. House Devir survived... how could that be? Only commoner tend to make it out alive on the losing side and even then only as slave labor. What is the Kar'nog is saying

Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

...damned cultists of Orcus behind the whole plot, in some way. Blast! If only I could be in more than one place at a time!"

Nym listens as the others continue their discussions taking it in and compiling his thoughts, before speaking as slow and precise as he can "Ef thes fel'ze drarf k'eng end Devir aire in lea'gue weth Orcus we m'uzt e'nd the'ir plo'yz. Bet fe'rst we m'uzt g'et th'e e'xe b'eck. Rom'em'ber whet the Kee'pair za'id eb'out pezz'obly hel'peng."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Wait, the axe is GONE?! I thought one of you rescued it! We must be on our way! Damned witch!"


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Well, if everyone is ready, let's get some leathers on the Sneak and be off

In Duncan's mind it was settled. Grungsdi was healed and Duncan had plenty of spells left for a Demon woman. The sorcerer was clearly ready to fight and neither the Drow nor Karnog had voiced any objection.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Desmond, meet us there. You gave her the axe, so show up fast. And ready."

I know he didn't give her the axe, Kalim just assumes he did.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Agreed lets move.

Just as Desmond is lacing up his pants Grung packs some snow into them.

Maybe this will help when we see your demon girlfriend again.


Evil GM

I'll give a few hours for Felicitas to respond about the axe. Otherwise, I'll D<PC her response.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas looks at Kalim and shakes her head.
"No, she is in my haversack. That succubus tried to get into my head, but alas I use my head for thinking and made a hasty retreat. Folks this thing has to be destroyed ASAP. It even was able to dominate me for a while. Luckily not for long!"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

I think we should kill that demon woman...she knows too much about us


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Also, if she is a demon that has infiltrated the local military ...she could tear this town to pieces with her witchery."


Evil GM

Felicitas and Nym lead the group to the Slywink the last known location for the succubus. The group takes battle formation and pushes through the door. Inside you see a chaotic scene. Several tables and a half dozen chairs over turned, blood splattered across the wooden floor and walls. Chucks of flesh have been carved from a half dozen dead customers. The results of precision sword work. Clearly, Lt. Melissaa Loreman, was angry that Felicitas and the axe slipped through her claws.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Is anyone alive here? Speak, we have a healer!"


F Half-Elf Ranger

"Ere." A week voice responds from behind the bar. The bar owner is the seventh bloody victim.

14,251 to 14,300 of 16,204 << first < prev | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.