Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


12,651 to 12,700 of 16,204 << first < prev | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | next > last >>

HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

2d20 ⇒ (17, 12) = 29 each +11 a+2 more if it's a spell


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
will2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Evil GM

Oh Desmond and Nym....where are you. Bwahhhhhhh.


Two of the clerks break down in tears. While the apprentice smith simply stands in horror looking at her darkened flame. "Yes...yes, sir." She mumbles. She is mesmerized.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

"What devil to bring with you." A customer, a holy swordsman, draws his heavy bastards sword in a defensive position. "Evil...pure and simple."


M Hobgoblin Antipaladin 1

"For sale you say?" A customer flanked by several servants steps forward. "I am Jenk, I serve a master of a caravan, that departs in a few days. These weapons should be handled with care. I'm sure my master would have an interest."

You can disregard his profile line. I just wanted to use a profile I already had made.


Evil GM

Nib and Varl will have different reactions but I want Desmond and Nym to post first.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Karnog, can you negate this temporarily? We needn't expose the weak-willed to it." He tries not to look to Desmond as he says this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog casts protection from evil on Desmond.

Clapping a hand on Desmond's shoulder, Karnog smiles grimly at the rogue. "Aye, lad, thanks. Those things hurt my very soul just to touch them. I appreciate it."

+2 AC & Resistance vs. Evil creatures/effects. Prevents mental control and/or grants second save against ongoing effects.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Uh-oh.


Evil GM

I'll wait for Desmond's check as I'm thinking about the cruelty results that will be imposed on the weak willed Nym.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Apologies for the delay. Remember that I work weekends and am usually largely unavailable until Monday.

Will Saves: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

I should've protected the drow...oh well.


Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:

Apologies for the delay. Remember that I work weekends and am usually largely unavailable until Monday.

[dice=Will Saves]1d20+7;1d20+7

No problem.


Evil GM

Varl shield's his eyes from the sight of the weapons, turning away instinctively. While Nib steps forward to gain a better look. The clammy darkness sets itself within the tent. There is feeling a of presence...evil.

Desmond:
You get defensive in your tone and attitude toward the deathknight's dwarven waraxe. You are determined to protect the weapon from any goodie two-shoes that would want to do it harm. You are beginning to understand the weapon and it's need to get back to it's creator. obviously, it is misunderstoon.

Nym:
Within you feel a kindred spirit with the weapon. You instinctively know the hobgoblin who has suggested his master would buy the items is a perfect caretaker for the weapon. You are a fierce advocate to ensure that the weapon be sold to the hobgoblin's master. he'll be a good steward of the item.


The halfling steps up to inspect the weapons, "Oye, you've got yourselves real whoppers here." His eyes shift to Karnog, "It's like a beacon calling forth a great power. Y..y..you need to see Talbard the Grey. Perhaps, he has something one of his books." He is careful not to touch the items.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

GM:
Ohhh, I am down. Does Desmond have any idea who the creator is?


Evil GM

Desmond:
You know it's not the overrated Torag but you're not certain who "the creator" is yet.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym eyes the weapon for a moment then the hobgoblin.

Undercommon:
" We should sell the weapon. It would be a bad idea for us to take it with us. I have a good feeling about this hobgoblin. He seems very trust worthy. Yes sell it that would be best."

He turns to the hobgoblin

undercommon:
"Are you interested in buying it?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Undercommon:
"Perhaps we will sell them to this hobgoblin, perhaps. But I would like to speak with this Tabard fellow before we make any real decisions with them."

With a grimace, Karnog removes the weapons to an extra dimensional space.

Will: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 17 - 2 = 29 will, negative levels included
Will: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 17 - 2 = 35 will, negative levels included


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

undercommon:
"NO!!! It need to go with the hobgoblin. It's the only course of action that makes sense. I can feel this how it should be. The weapon rightfully should be with him. He will see to whats best for it."
seethe at Karnog

GM:
I don't really know that the Hob is trying to buy for his master. No speaky common. So I'm playing more as the weapon needs to go with him.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Undercommon:
"Friend Nym, think about what you're saying. We have literally just met this person, and you suddenly have the overwhelming urge to sell incredibly potent magical weapons to him. Does that not strike you as slightly...odd?"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond is all about touching the items. "Could you lot speak in common every once in a while? Karnog, do you have any idea who might have made this weapon?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Oh, right, sorry about that Desmond. I was just suggesting to our dark-skinned friend that the desire to sell these pieces to the first person who expresses interest might not be for the best. As to who made them, I don't know. But like Nib suggested, if we talk to this Tabard fellow, he may have some details for us."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Spend less time getting your dagger wet with parasites and learn a language or a spell, Desmond." Kalim casts Tongues. "All of you, ask yourselves if you suddenly care more about those weapons than before. Why might that be?"


Evil GM

Desmond:
When you hear that Nym thinks the items should be sold ot the hobgoblin's master that does make sense. Surely, its better than having the weapons stay local and be a risk to the town and orctown. The hobgoblin did say that he served a caravan master and well...caravan's move so it will be moved to another region.

Nym:
Nym the weapon gave you the impression that the hobgoblin was a good choice. It was more of a feeling that you had.


Evil GM

Desmond:
Before Karnog could wrap the items and put them away you'd step between the two. Much preferring that you touch the items rather than goodie-two-shoes.

Karnog steps up to try to rewrap the items but not so fast.


M Hobgoblin Antipaladin 1

The hobgoblin steps back, "No need to square off. My caravan master departs in a few days. No need for uncalled for tension here." He raises his hands palms out, "Name's Jenk, yes, I'd be interested in buying all three items."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

GM:
When I hear what Nym thinks? Can't Desmond not understand a word that Nym is saying? :P


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

gm:
does anything change now that the wepons are in the alternate dimension


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas smiles and then whispers in Karnogs ear."Well in the end, if we wanted to sell those items, it had to be to, well let´s say unsavory types. But we need those funds, to further explore the halls. It was close this time, and I am sure it will get worse and worse!"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung just watches


Evil GM

Desmond and Nym:
Before Karnog can wrap the items and put them away Desmond would intervene to stop that action. Desmond you would think Karnog is going to somehow harm the items...he is one of those goodie two-shoes. You would not be opposed to wrapping them up and putting them safely in your bag of holding but you would not let Karnog carry them items. You don't need to cause harm to Karnog you just doesn't want him touching them. Does that make sense to the two fo you?


Evil GM

Karnog we need to slow your action of trying to wrap and put the items away into your bag of holding. Not everyone will agree with this action.

Karnog steps up to try to wrap the items and put them away, just as steps forward Felicitas whispers in his ear, and Desmond and Nym get antsy...


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Of course, just wanted to get this party rolling, as it were.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Hey you don't want to hold onto that, you reach in the wrong way and poof! Where does our glorious orc god go? I'll hold onto it for now."


Evil GM
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
Of course, just wanted to get this party rolling, as it were.

I just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page since there are things happening under spoilers.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Kalim casts Tongues.

assuming that Kalim cast this on Nym (the logical choice)

Suddenly the dark elf understands surface common and instantly realizes the Kalim must have cast the spell. He looks over to Kalim "Thanks friend. You may need to teach me that one." then back to the group as a whole " I just have good feeling that we should send them with G'enk. I can really explain it."


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Kalim casts Tongues.

assuming that Kalim cast this on Nym (the logical choice)

Suddenly the dark elf understands surface common and instantly realizes the Kalim must have cast the spell. He looks over to Kalim "Thanks friend. You may need to teach me that one." then back to the group as a whole " I just have good feeling that we should send them with G'enk. I can really explain it."

Yes that spell would be on you.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Would you be happier with me touching the weapons? No one has ever accused me of being good."


Evil GM

Desmond

Desmond steps between Karnog and the evil weapons, he sardonically pokes at the cleric, then quickly wraps and stores the weapons in his bag. "Yes, Nym...we should consider selling the items to the Jenk's caravan master." He nods at the drow.

"Hey king don't you and our songbird need to go study." A huge wry smile crosses his face. "Grung, I'm sure you'll fit right in at a library." He steps back and grabs is tankard and chugs it. "Me on the other hand, I need spend some coppers, I have got an inch that needs aggressive scratching."


Evil GM

I'm not sure where everyone is going or doing but I know Grung and Felicitas wanted to go see the library to learn a few things. I assumed DesMond will go spend some coppers and the rest of you need to tell me what you are going to do.

Fastwording a bit for Felicitas and Grung.

The two companions walk west towards the river. Talbard's Books and Learning is tucked in a small copse of trees near the riverbank. As you approach you see a person sitting under a spruce tree reading a book. The tree's bark is lit up like a reading lamp. The stranger doesn't bother to look up when you pass.

Eventually you arrive at double fortified iron doors which a massive lion head knocker. Grung shifts uncomfortably feeling nearly naked in just his chain shirt and shield. Grund you would have had to leave you armor so it can get enchanted.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

YUP!

Pretty fortified for a library. Whelp, shall we see what we can find?

He lifts the knocker and knocks.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

A bit dismayed that the weapons weren't sold the the hobgoblin Nym turns to Nib and Kalim. "Would help me learn surface common so I won't need a spell? Also if we go outside might be beneficial for me to look like a surface elf. Mayhaps Nîb, you would have something to help with that?


H, NPC Wizard

The large iron door opens without a sound. "Yes, how can I help you?" the aged man wearing a floppy yellow hat blinks a few times. He smiles at three strangers at his front door: the male dwarf, the female human, and a fluttering bright faerie dragon. "What an odd lot, you make." The wrinkled man comments out loud.


"Oh....yes, yes, learning common is task. But one worthy of doing." He tugs at the drow. "I get all types here, sometimes we trade for interesting items when folks don't have enough coin. I have a simple book that will be able to help you leatn the sounds and shapes...and it has pictures." He pulls Nym over to a side cupboard. "Varl was furious when I made this trade." He says it loud enough for Barl to hear and snarl back.

"We traded a small sharpened blade for this book." He fishes a large book out from under some cloth. He smiles, "Here it is." He shows you the tome with a picture of dragon on it.

He runs his finger over the the picture and says the word: "Dra...gon." slowly.

He opens the cover and there a big letter "A" and a small letter "a" along with a picture of an ant. "A" is for ant." He says slowly.


Evil GM

Desmond proceeds to the Slywink chuckling at the reading lesson being given to Nym. "B...be is for blithering bumbling bullspitt." he leaves for the tavern.


M Hobgoblin Antipaladin 1

Jenk waits for Varl to finish putting and edge on his battleaxe. He swings it a few times to test it, the whoosh sound cuts the air. He pays with a large stone and nods to his companions. [b]"If you want to sell those items we'll be in the caravan staging area for the couple days. Jenk and his companions leave Varl's shortly thereafter.


Evil GM

PC setting: Grung, Felic, and Aurora are at the library speaking with Talbard the Grey. Nib is showing Nym a a back room in Varl's smithy shop. Kalim and Karnog are in Varl's drinking ale. Desmond is at the Slywink Tavern carousing.

Desmond has the evil weapons in his bag of holding.

So what is everyone going to do?

12,651 to 12,700 of 16,204 << first < prev | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.