Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


14,001 to 14,050 of 16,204 << first < prev | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Oh let's make some bad decisions. Bartender, two drinks!"


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer
Desmond Aeros wrote:
"Oh let's make some bad decisions. Bartender, two drinks!"

"I tend to make a couple everyday." she laughs as she drinks her wine. She's quite pleased it's not the normal swill she usually gets from her "friends."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Gotta pee? 0-25 says yes

1d100 ⇒ 63

Grung orders a hamhock


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:


Nym will reach out and grab the axe as Felicitas pulls it out and wisks it to the pocket dimention in his glove

Not quite so fast, you do not reach out and grab the axe. You actually decide to leave the bar as you realize three is one too many for this social situation. Besides, Felic has yet to present it.


Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:

Gotta pee? 0-25 says yes

1d100

Grung orders a hamhock

As the tavern winds down hamocks appear as the saloon becomes a makeshift barrack.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim starts off with some Black Tentacles between the enemy and the defenses.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Nym Omriwin wrote:


Nym will reach out and grab the axe as Felicitas pulls it out and wisks it to the pocket dimention in his glove

Nym stops, scans the room, then leaves the travern.

gm:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Nym Omriwin wrote:


Nym will reach out and grab the axe as Felicitas pulls it out and wisks it to the pocket dimention in his glove

Not quite so fast, you do not reach out and grab the axe. You actually decide to leave the bar as you realize three is one too many for this social situation. Besides, Felic has yet to present it.

bah i can take those thee, lol


Evil GM

Current status.

At outside wall defense

Kalim
Karnog

At the Raging Orc Saloon

Desmond
Grung

At the Slywink

Felcitas

Leaving the Slywink

Nym


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung spends good time with a few hamhocks.

After a couple he will bunk down, but fully armored in his comfort armor


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Upon exiting the Sly Wink Nym walks straight across to Quint's Arms and enters (if open)and starts looking about as if searching for someone. if locked he will venture towards Featherton's Guides

gm:
how long does the compulsion last?


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:

Upon exiting the Sly Wink Nym walks straight across to Quint's Arms and enters (if open)and starts looking about as if searching for someone. if locked he will venture towards Featherton's Guides

** spoiler omitted **

Nym:
12 days

I'll answer you questions on what open or not in a few minutes.


Evil GM

Nym when you get to Quint's Arms the door is wide open and the distinctive sound grinding can be heard. As you stand in the doorway you can several people shuffling about organizing and stocking the shelves. There are a few late night customers gathering supplies. In the back corner a makeshift blacksmith station has been set-up. With the on-going conflict the shop's hours have been extended.

When you appear in the doorway, a clerk yells, "DROWWWWWWWWWWWWW! To Arms, to arms. Enemy inside the perimeter...to arms." Everyone seems to be panicked.


Evil GM

Felicitas I need to know what you are doing.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:

shop's hours have been extended.

When you appear in the doorway, a clerk yells, "DROWWWWWWWWWWWWW! To Arms, to arms. Enemy inside the perimeter...to arms." Everyone seems to be panicked.

"I no harms. Looks forz Gru'ng dwe'rf"

perception to spot Grung: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Not seeing Grung Nym will turn and start to leave

Nym will head towards Featherton's Guides if he is able


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas opens the bag and procures the axe. "Maybe this will help!"


Evil GM

Felicitas

Felicitas make a Will save.


Nym:

You see several guards move towards you but then you hear, "Bedder hold on there. Didja jus ask fer Grung? You know 'im?" A grizzled dwarf pipes up from near the smithy. The dwarf has a balding pate but more than makes up for it in his braided beard. His looks at you suspiciously but continues, "I'm Turrand."


Evil GM

Desmond and Grung:

The tavern settles down to a low rumble as entertainers work and the customers start find places to sleep. Several mercenaries pitch hammocks or spread bedrolls. Overall, the tavern settles down.


Evil GM

Kalim and Karnog:

The first wave of battle crashes onto the newly formed walls. Your barriers seem to hold but you hear the cries for reinforcement coming from a nearby area. You hear "The dead has risen....the dead are here."


Evil GM

Initiative from the outside wall:

Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Kalim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

enemy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Initiatvie order:

Kalim
Karnog
Enemy
Good Guards

There an attack coming form 60 feet away from your current position. There a group of undead that have tested a defensive position. I don't have a battle map ready, so we'll have to use our imaginations for now.


Evil GM

Nudge nudge


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Was in the movies with my wive, watching Solo
Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

No effect from the tentacles? Can Kalim fireball without hitting soldiers?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog raises his hammer and calls forth the protective energies of Torag to shield and guard himself, Kalim, and the soldiers around him.

All allies within 30' gain +3 deflection to AC and resist energy (all) 10.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym starts to head out, but stops and turns around 2hen the dwarf addresses him

"Greetsings Turrr'd, Izs Nym. Izs looks fors Gru'ng, yezz. Hez abovz dur'gerz likez youz."


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
No effect from the tentacles? Can Kalim fireball without hitting soldiers?

The tentacles work but at another breach point. As far as a fireball you will risk hitting your troops.

I need to get up a map to help out.


Evil GM

Kalim and Karnog Battlemap

Embankment Battlemap

Blue haloed are friendly guards
Red haloed are enemy undead.

I put a couple stone walls in that Kalim and Karnog created. The rubble looking material are the high embankments that were designed to channel and funnel the foe into choke points.

Karnog I will move you and Kalim closer to the battle on the next map. That will put some of your friendly guards within your protection spell.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

Felicitas

Melissaa demands, Give me the ax.

Felicitas you sense she is trying to compel your action, but you manage to fight off the suggestion. You notice for the first time a red sparkle in Melissaa's eyes. You would know it's suggestion spell.

Initiative:

Felicitas: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Melissaa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Initiative Order:

Felicitas
Melissaa


Evil GM

Grung and Desmond

The both of you are either enjoying yourself with entertainment or snoozing a this time. No alarm bells have been raised that would gather the resting soldiers attentions. Remember this is a town under siege and they are currently rotate troops/guards to preserve strength so not every firefight will require troop mustering.

But rest assured, something nasty is bound to come your way soon.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Quickly Felicitas steps a bit back and puts the axe back in her haversack.
"I do not think so!"


Nym Omriwin wrote:

Nym starts to head out, but stops and turns around 2hen the dwarf addresses him

"Greetsings Turrr'd, Izs Nym. Izs looks fors Gru'ng, yezz. Hez abovz dur'gerz likez youz."

Nym

The dwarf wipes his callused hands on his apron. It takes him a moment to figure out the speech pattern but he eventually pieces the meaning together. "Ainit no druergar and neith'r is he. Ain't even proud to say there's a bloodline there but I'm sure you ain't meanin' no offense." He pauses for a moment. "I's need to find 'em too. Got message for 'em from some kin."


Evil GM
Felicitas Sweetfingers wrote:

Quickly Felicitas steps a bit back and puts the axe back in her haversack.

"I do not think so!"

Are you doing a 5 ft step back or a move action?


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Turrand, NPC wrote:


The dwarf wipes his callused hands on his apron. It takes him a moment to figure out the speech pattern but he eventually pieces the meaning together. "Ainit no druergar and neith'r is he. Ain't even proud to say there's a bloodline there but I'm sure you ain't meanin' no offense." He pauses for a moment. "I's need to find 'em too. Got message for 'em from some kin."

"Co'mez, we finds." and with that Nym wheels around and heads out the door.

we'll head towards Featherton's unless we hear the battle then we will head that way, because Grung would be (in the middle of a fight)

Perc for battle sounds: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Just 5 foot


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim casts Collective Stoneskin on his allies and soldiers.


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:
Turrand, NPC wrote:


The dwarf wipes his callused hands on his apron. It takes him a moment to figure out the speech pattern but he eventually pieces the meaning together. "Ainit no druergar and neith'r is he. Ain't even proud to say there's a bloodline there but I'm sure you ain't meanin' no offense." He pauses for a moment. "I's need to find 'em too. Got message for 'em from some kin."

"Co'mez, we finds." and with that Nym wheels around and heads out the door.

we'll head towards Featherton's unless we hear the battle then we will head that way, because Grung would be (in the middle of a fight)

Nym and Turrand leave the shop together. "Any idea where he's at? Gittin' a guud drunk on, sleep'n, maybe at Varl's? Varl an' Nib use t'be part of yer group." he chuckles, "Called themselves "shortswords" or something like that."

When you exit the shop you here the usual town commotion coming from a town under seige. It never quite goes to sleep but there are more people milling about with purpose. As far as hearing battle sounds, there are no warning bells or alarms at this time. There does seem to be a bit activity coming from the area you entered town.
You'll need to another perception check to try to distinguish sounds.


Evil GM

Desmond and Grung continue to sleep and/or continue their entertainment in the Raging Orc.


Evil GM

I'll get up the Karnog's and Kalim's battle later.

I'll update Felicitas' predicament too.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

perc: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

"Iz came froms tr'ven. No Gru'ngs." Nym says pointing across toward the Sly Wink

Nym stops cocking his head slightly "Izz thatz bate'tlez? Gru'ngs will be ats bate'tles!"


Evil GM

Nym

Nym you can sense that something is happening near the entry point that you all came through when arrived to town.


Evil GM

Kalim and Karnog

Karnog moves up and casts his deflective shield, while Kalim moves towards the battle csting his protective skin. The undead breaks through and surround some of brave guards as the battle rages on. There are injuries but no fatalites.

Updated BattleMap

Karnog's protective spell is in pink. Kalim's spell is in grey.

I'm going to essentially hand wave the battle between the undead and the guards - having it in the background. At least until the two of you are in the actual battle.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

Felicitas

The situation quickly turns ugly in the Slywink Tavern. 'Give me the axe bytche, it needs to get back to Orcus." Just as quickly the Lieutenant's rapier appears in her hand, she move forward to meet Felicitas. There is an evil reddish glow in her eyes.

adamantine rapier: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Only one attack this round because of the movement.

Slywink Battlemap

Lt. Loreman has moved up next to you. I'll correct that on the next map.

You can make a planes check.

DC 23 planes:
You realize Melissaa Loreman is not what you thought she was....she a succubus demon.


Evil GM

Desmond and Grung

Can the two of you each make perception check for me.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog focuses his anger at the enemy undead and calls forth a burst of healing energy. Golden energy surrounds all 11 of the undead and 3 of the town guardsmen.

"Feel the light and warmth of the Great Creator's forge!"

Casting Mass Cure Serious wounds, DC 24 will for half from the undead for 3d8 + 14 ⇒ (6, 8, 1) + 14 = 29 positive energy


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39 +7 vs traps


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Scorching Ray1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12Damage 1: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 5, 5) = 17
Scorching Ray2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13Damage 2: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 1) = 10
Scorching Ray3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26Damage 3: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 5) = 15

Kalim fires scorching rays at the undead. "Fear not, gentlemen! These wretches will soon be dispatched! OUR POWER IS GREAT!"


Evil GM

[spoiler=Desmond]You hearing creaking from outside your room. Sounds more like someone trying to be sneaky.[spoiler]


Evil GM

Groups of 3 saves for Karnog:

wight group 1: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16

wight group 2: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20

wight group 3: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21

wight group 4: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13

they all get blasted with positive energy and wither in pain. kalim unloads scorching rays but only 2 hit. Those two wights are destroyed.

Nine are still up but they are definately feeling the effects of battle.


Evil GM

Nym:
You catch a shadow move as you pass an alleyway.


Evil GM

Summary:

Felicitas battle

Felicitas its your action.

Grung and Desmond

Grung you owe me a perception check. Grung you are not in Desmond's room, you are actually downstairs in the main tavern in a hammock.

Desmond check your spoiler and tell me what you are doing.

Nym and Turrand

Nym check out the spoiler above.

Kalim and Karnog

you destroyed two wights and severely damaged 9 others. Its the wights turn.

14,001 to 14,050 of 16,204 << first < prev | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.