Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


14,301 to 14,350 of 16,204 << first < prev | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | next > last >>

Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond just laughs as Karnog needles him, knowing the dwarf gets a fair bit of grief from him as well. But as the snow makes its way into his pants he turns and gives a smirk, then flashes his ring. "Remember? I have the ring of no freezy bits." He gives a suggestive thrust of his hips.

That cold resistance ring has actually done serious work today.

As they enter into the bloodbath even Desmond's roguish attitude turns sour. "Oh..." He sterns his face and goes in to inspect the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21 +7 vs traps


F Half-Elf Ranger

Desmond you recognize the bar owner. You've even be rebuffed by her several times. She has a gushes gut wound, she is trying to push her innards back. "T..t..th' Lt...sends w...w...wor..d." Her eyes flutter as her life blood stains the floor.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Where did the murderess go?"


F Half-Elf Ranger

She convulses on the floor.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"For hell's sake Kalim!" Desmond yells as he hastily draws a curing potion.

Will attempt to force a cure light wounds potion down her throat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Karnog! New dwarf! Heal her!"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog casts a spell with a brief whisper, laying a glowing hand on the injuries of the bartender.

"Breathe, were here to help, just breathe now."

3d8 + 14 ⇒ (7, 2, 2) + 14 = 25 CSW (sac remove blindness/deafness)

"Sesrch for moresurvivors, but try to find a trail as well. She must be positively dripping in blood,assuming she didnt use magic to clean herself off."


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

If the barkeep actually does die:
Seeing the light fade completely from the woman's eye and her breathing cease, Duncan drops to a knee and uses his most potent prepared healing spell BREATH OF LIFE, to bring her back from death's door.

With the woman tended to Duncan immediately Detect Evil Casts his divinely powered gaze over the room, looking for evil auras that might be hidden invisibly within the room. Duncan will use all 3 3 rounds to note the presence and location of any evil beings. If he does note the powerful aura of an invisible Demon he'll, immediately initiate combat with a Swift action DIVINE FAVOR and standard action cast of INVISIBILITY PURGE, he'll use his move action to move into a charge lane to the demon but won't actually close the distance....yet.


F Half-Elf Ranger

Desmond forces the potion down her throat.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Then Karnog releases a powerful healing touch. Her brown eyes open widely and she caughs back to life. "O..o...oh my that was close."


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

With the woman tended to Duncan immediately Detect Evil Casts his divinely powered gaze over the room, looking for evil auras that might be hidden invisibly within the room. Duncan will use all 3 3 rounds to note the presence and location of any evil beings. If he does note the powerful aura of an invisible Demon he'll, immediately initiate combat with a Swift action DIVINE FAVOR and standard action cast of INVISIBILITY PURGE, he'll use his move action to move into a charge lane to the demon but won't actually close the distance....yet.

No evil.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Seeing the state of the dead bodies in the room, Duncan's Crusader Scabbard pipes up.
Oh the terror these people must have felt at the hands of the Creature as it took Thier lives. Iomedae bless and Shepard you to you rightful gods. This Dwarf shall be the sword which lands a blow for Vengeance in your name....

Duncan gives the scabbard a Pat and tells it to shush.
Just keep yer action ready ta BLESS me sword as soon as the fightin' starts...and use yer Magica senses ta help me search

Duncan begins to search the room
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Scabbard to Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 1


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim steps out of the pub. "SO-CALLED LOREMAN! YOU WANT THE AXE? COME TAKE IT!"

what would this taunt be? Intimidation? Diplomacy?


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:


what would this taunt be? Intimidation? Diplomacy?

Which ever roll is higher works for me.


Evil GM

Duncan's talking scabbard has him distracted and he doesn't locate the demon.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

intimidation: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (3) + 27 = 30
diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Clearly, Kalim is no diplomat.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Having been duped once Nym draws his rapier "Zorrie adout thes." and slightly pokes her arm

If evil holy dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12


F Half-Elf Ranger

Kalim you don't detect anything.

"OWWWWCHHHHHH" The blade knicks her but there is no major damage. No evil damage.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"A COWARD! JUST LIKE ORCUS! YOU FEAR MY POWER! I S+*~ ON YOUR AXE, YOUR GOD, AND YOU!" Kalim shows off with his spear, spinning it with a mocking laugh. intimidate: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (10) + 27 = 37


2 people marked this as a favorite.

As Kalim curses Orcus the floor splits open beneath his feet. Suddenly, an image of a demonic humanoid who is squat and bloated, standing nearly three times as tall as a normal human appears. Its goat-like head sports large, spiraling ram-like horns. Its legs are covered in thick brown fur and end in hooves. Large powerful arms wield a wicked skull-tipped wand. Two large, black, bat-like wings protrude from its back and a long, snake-like tail, tipped with a sharpened barb, trails behind it.

"YOU DARE UTTER MY NAME."

intimidate: 1d20 + 60 ⇒ (20) + 60 = 80

Ok...I'm just fooling with you. The big one doesn't appear quite yet. You need quite a few more levels for that battle to occur.

I editted the post to make it an image rather than the real baddie.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Do we need a will save to Disbelieve? Or are we in a surprise round

Will Save: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21+4 vs Magic


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim white-knuckles his spear until the image fades. "T-t-trickery! Face me yourself, demon woman!" His anger emboldens him a bit. "You will face more than the image of your God if you do not return his axe, Loreman. Let us be through with this, one way or the other."


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Do we need a will save to Disbelieve? Or are we in a surprise round

[dice=Will Save]1d20+17+4 vs Magic

I was originally fooling with Kalim but I can play this out, it's a DC 26 Will save.


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Kalim white-knuckles his spear until the image fades. "T-t-trickery! Face me yourself, demon woman!" His anger emboldens him a bit. "You will face more than the image of your God if you do not return his axe, Loreman. Let us be through with this, one way or the other."

Make a spellcraft check for me.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Yikes! I posted that under the assumption it disappeared!


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

spellcraft: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Will Save if necessary: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Kalim that was funny..."New dwarf"

1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23

#$&^$%$^^*&^*^W@#$%#%^$&^&$&%^*^&@#$#$^^*&& *^& Grung utter an impressive dwarvish curse as he leaps back and draws Croaker


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Posting now as my window before family affair is closing. This post assumes I am free to act in the round
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Not being directly adjacent to the Montrous Arch Demon before him and knowing a Creature of such awesome power to likely be the death of both him and his allies, Duncan does what he can to give everyone the best chance he possibly can at surviving this encounter.

He Immediately casts BLESSING OF FERVOR on his allies,Standard Then grabs the hilt of his Sheathed sword, asking the Crusaders Scabbard to BLESS the WEAPON.
He then Draws Move Action the blade and uses his SACRED WEAPON ability to grant it the HOLY ENCHANTMENT.Swift

May the Dawnflower guide yer arms lads. Today be a fine day ta die!

Champion of Faith Archetype version of Sacred Weapon:

Sacred Weapon (Su)
At 1st level, a champion of the faith gains the sacred weapon class feature as normal. However, this ability does not grant the 4th-level ability to enhance the champion of the faith's weapon with divine power, nor does it grant any subsequent increases to that ability. Instead, at 4th level, any sacred weapon wielded by a champion of the faith counts as having his chosen alignment for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

At 12th level, once per day as a swift action, a champion of the faith can enhance any one sacred weapon with a weapon special ability based on his chosen alignment (anarchic for chaos, unholy for evil, holy for good, or axiomatic for law). This effect lasts for 1 minute. He can use this ability one additional time per day at 16th and 20th levels.

This ability alters sacred weapon.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37 will (+2 vs spells/SLA)

"I really hope that's not a projected image, Kalim! If that succubus is messing with us, fine. If not, RUN!"


Evil GM
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

1d20+18 will (+2 vs spells/SLA)

"I really hope that's not a projected image, Kalim! If that succubus is messing with us, fine. If not, RUN!"

DM giggles. He is a god.

Karnog make a spell craft check.


Evil GM

Kalim:
You realize it is a powerful illusion spell: project image. You also made your Will Save. You disbelieve.

Will Save Status:

Duncan - Failed
Grung - Failed
Felicitas - Failed
Kalim - saved
Karnog - saved
Desmond -

Duncan I will use your initiative roll but note for the future I roll that for the players. It keeps everything tidy.


Evil GM

Desmond has a high probability that he will piddle himself again if he fails the Will save. Ha. That will teach him from boozin'.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"STAND DOWN! JUST AN ILLUSION!"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"That would have been...unpleasant at best. Disastrous for all if the prince of undeath actually came to this plane in person. I really really want to see this demoness off to the abyss, as soon as possible!"


Evil GM

There are no signs of the demoness. What you can put together is she was angry when Felicitas dim hopped out of the bar. The demoness went of a killing rampage most like to teach her a lesson. You also figure she is either long gone through some dim door or she has altered her appearance again. For the evening that is all you will be able to do as the leads run into a dead end.


Evil GM

The remaining part of the evening goes by uneventfully.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Desmond shrugs and flops down onto the floor. "Day has been long enough, just kill me."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 +2 vs enchantment

i really need to improve my saves. lol


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:


i really need to improve my saves. lol

I did forget to include you in the list.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Waking the next day in his room Duncan felt refreshed in a way he hadn't felt in a long time. Despite the interruption of the Nightshade, he awoke with a feeling of comfort and assurance that had only come since his conversion to Iomedae's light.

He rubbed the sleep from his head and took stock of his room. Once again, he'd slept in his kilt but left his armour against the wall. His sword was in his Crusader's Scabbard and hung from the head of the bed in easy reach.

At last you have awakened. Wash, dress, complete your morning prayers and let's reconnect with those adventurers we met last night. After the journey we have had getting here you are closer than ever to catching Grimm and as an aside it looks like we will have able opportunity to right wrongs and slay undead and demons in the Lightbringers' name.

The Scabbard was as direct as ever. As much as the magical construction ATTEMPTED to imitate an air of companionship with Duncan, it was an animated object. All it truly had capacity to care about was destroying evil and it would happily serve any Imodaen Warrior that allowed it to do so.
It didn't particularly like Duncan's lack of drive to CONVERT anyone but Duncan was not an evangelist nor did he care to be.
Duncan had made a life working against the machinations of Hell and the Abyss and as long as that continued the Scabbard would gladly serve him.

Duncan took a drink from his Tankard of the Drunken Hero- and item usually used by Caliaen clerics but the relic was invented by DWARVES.
Duncan had paid good coin to have one fashioned and blessed as a holy symbol of his new god.

As much as Imoedae was virtuous, she did not forbae drinking and so the dwarf did.
Well a good morning to yeself as well, Scabbard. Sorry to delay ye but us mortals need ta sleep. Ye understand I'm sure. Just gemme a minute ta put me face on an we'll be right to it.

An hour later, his shiny Celestial armour on, weapons cleaned and beard re-braided, the Warpriest stepped forth looking every bit the 4 foot 5 inch hero he was. He still had his black cloak, but gone was the darkened Breastplate of his younger days.
Imodae preferred here agents to work openly, and honestly he found himself preferring it that way as well. It seemed.....simpler.

Let's find those Dwarf's....


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung ales, then removes his armor and bathes then redons it. He seeks out some breakfast and eats lots of eggs and bacon. He washes it down with coffee and milk.

He then listens to his table mates tell stories of the other attack last night the one at the gates and offers encouragement at their bravery just assuming that some of the soldiers fought as well, not just our heroes!

As Duncan comes down, Come brother! Join us! Fritz! Another two plates of this fantastic breakfast

As Duncan sits Sleep well?


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Like the stones brother. Better than I have in a very long time. Might be the company or at least finally havin a solid trail ta follow. Be it Demoness or to yer home, I feel like I'm facing the right direction this day

Duncan sits and immediately destroys the plate or eggs and bacon placed before him. Resplendent as his Celestial Armour might be, Duncan was still a dwarf and had the table manners of one...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog wakes early, even for a dwarf accustomed to praying at daybreak for his magic. He arms and armors himself quickly, then sets out to make arrangements for the burial and ceremony for the fallen at the SlyWink. He does what he can to accommodate the dead individuals' personal inclinations, but falls back on the tried and familiar methods of Torag in most instances. As the sun clears the horizon, he sits and meditates over the new graves before returning to his companions.

Once reunited, Karnog smiles at the dwarves tucking into breakfast before beginning a new prayer, extolling the virtues of working together and community.

"Dwarves, men, women, and all others, now is the time for us to be tried and tested. At this moment, we are the raw metals being heated and struck on the anvil of the Great Creator, soon to worked into tools of his divine will. Make no mistake: Evil stalks this land, and strives to tear this community apart. You must look to one another, help your neighbor, your friends, and cling most tightly to your family. Only through cooperation and hard work will we prevail. Only through fire and tempering are the hardened tools of Good and Justice created."

"An army of undead and cultists seeks to overrun your homes. They ally with evil men, dragons, and demons, and will use any dirty trick they can to win. We must not let that happen. We, the Short Swords, will seek out the leaders of this threat and bring them low. You must remain on guard, however. Many of you saw the probe against your walls last night. Some of you saw the abominations that attacked the taverns and led to new graves this morning. We hope to prevent any more from being added so soon."

Karnog talks for nearly an hour, during which time a massive feast assembles itself for the party and towns leadership. Everyone who partakes (up to 15 people) gains the effects of a hero's feast, which includes 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 temporary HP.

"So, team, where to? Off to wrangle Grimm and see what trouble hes gotten into, or another plan? Also, did she get away with the axe? If not, I would like to spend some time and see if an extraplanar ally could get rid of it for us permanently. "


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"The enemy has powers of illusion and coercion. But paranoia will drive you mad. Make countermeasures, personal code words, and ways to double check. But do not turn on each other. We will not always be here to protect you. When attacked, be like the Void and destroy them entirely. Do not relent. Make it known that those who would do you harm their folly. Peace is good, but if war comes to you, extinguish every blighted foe."intimidate: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (17) + 27 = 44


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Let us fix the axe problem immediately. All those people were slaughtered because we were careless. Then we deal with dwarven treachery."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Arriving with black rings under her eyes Felicitas after doing her divine chores, Felicitas orders a meager breakfast and keeps her hand over her eyes.
"You are correct. The axe has to be destroyed! Now!"


Evil GM
Felicitas Sweetfingers wrote:

Arriving with black rings under her eyes Felicitas after doing her divine chores, Felicitas orders a meager breakfast and keeps her hand over her eyes.

"You are correct. The axe has to be destroyed! Now!"

Now I'm curious about the black rings under your eyes.


Evil GM

So Prince Grung, Duncan, Karnog, Felicitas, and Kalim have gathered for breakfast.

Nym and Desmond are currently missing or doing something else.

The serving girl scurries back with several heaping plates of eggs, ham, bacon, and taters. The morning light flickers through the windows.

What are you plans? I assume you wan to get rid of the ax or at least try to?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Call something to do away with the axe. We should all be alert: this may signal a response."

14,301 to 14,350 of 16,204 << first < prev | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.