Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


3,751 to 3,800 of 16,204 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>

Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

We can escort them to the bodies, thoughts?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

we have to pass through a couple of battle areas to get outside anyways...


As you journey back towards the temple, the group sees the the stairwell heading up. Karnog tries to find the footprint he saw earlier, Vilis follows his eyes and looks at the ground,

survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

She points to the imprint and then to a second one two steps higher. "A heavy man, in a hurry, taking two steps at a time." She sniffs the air, "Fresh air."


Near the temple, "boys go in there and grab up few weapons." He nods to Xor, "help 'em out, grab some armor if there's any."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond keeps an eye on their new companions, and since they're armed now he stays a few steps away so they can't easily get the drop on him.


The two bothers look at Bithan then at the dead bodies, "Y'beat'em guud," Frederik mentions.

Carolus looks at his brother. "Frederik there's bad smellin' stew cookin'"


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
FREDERIK and CAROLUS wrote:

The two bothers look at Bithan then at the dead bodies, "Y'beat'em guud," Frederik mentions.

As they pass one of Grimm's kills and this comment is made, the "Dwarven Princess" speaks, I'm a Gorumite, human, It's what I do. Now stop starin at me Tiara or ye be next!


Evil GM

The men arm themselves with what they find and stand before the party waiting for some direction.

Everyone can make a perception check. Grimm and Vatilda can make a second check using his sense motive

hich way are you heading.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm looks unpleasantly at the rescued prisoners.

The eyes of Abadar have searched all of your souls, and you are found wanting in some regards. What are your intentions now that we have saw fit to save your hides?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 perception.

"Treachery, Malcolm? Surely these folk eould know bettet than to wish such an unpleasant end for themselves."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Potentially, Karnog. Abadar has indicated to me that these are not goodly men. Morton and Bithan even have a touch of evil about them. That is why I ask their intentions now.


"We were victims." Stammering a bit by the off the cuff accusation, "We've been hired by...er, those with ...um, less than honorable intentions as guards in the past." his eyes shift to Morton, "our intentions are to get out of this place Alive."

Karnog:
You do notice that these men have not provided any comfort to the farmers, Vilis or anyone else. They quite self centered. Although the dimwitted brothers are simply followers by nature.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim silently steams at further wastes of his time.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

An I am a stone killer who worships the god of war, Shiny boots. Just cause we ain't friends doesn't make us enemies either. Don't get me wrong, if anyone looks at me sideways they die.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Very well. As prisoners you have been maltreated and are now free. As my War-Like companion has said, though; do not mistake our kindly nature for weakness. Mind your actions and stay true to the path of righteousness, and we shall have no troubles. "


Evil GM

Grimm:
You certainly don't trust these men, especially, Bithan and Morton who you figure would toss the farmers to the wolves to save their own behinds. The female, Vilis, you know would die protecting the farmers if it came to it.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Grimm, I am under no misconceptions regrading your motivations. i am just letting everyone know that these prisoners that we have righteously freed, are not what we presume.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I presume nothing, Abadarian. Nor do I have interest in your superstitious categories. The horrors below now have even more time to heal and repair. Let's get this done faster."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

I ain't disagree'n wit ya. In fact I'm a pretty good judge o selfish character, being one meself. The farmers are safe with me new elf girl drinkin buddy, but the others will ditch them or worse once we leave em. Tell ye what. You rat bags can scamper off now. Me and Vilis and whomever else on this band wants a stout ale and a nights rest can drop the farmers somewhere safe. And LEAVE the gear. That belongs ta us since we keep what we kill. Just lent it to ya till we got ta the surface. Anyone's got a problem. ..well we can settle that REAL easy.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Ye comin Desmond? I got first rounds, an a fine pointy eared woman who needs a wine or four after all that


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"A bucket of strong ale sounds just about what I need, Grimm."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Yeah, I'm going to hang back a bit. Take the same route back and you shouldn't run into any more traps, I'm going to make sure nothing sneaks up on us..." ...and make sure this little group doesn't cut us while our backs are turned.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Careful of your tongue, Kasim. I will not tolerate the perfection of Abadar to be classified as "superstitious" categorization. They have evil in them, plain and simple. If you care not for the assessment or warning, then kindly keep your opinion to yourself. I too will hang back with Des because I trust them not.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"So your opinion matters and must be announced and mine is nothing. How ...Abadarian."


Evil GM

Current Map

A few questions:

The 5 rescued men are in the temple where they grabbed weapons and armor from the dead zombies, underpriest and acolytes.

Are you all going up the stairs and leading the farmers to safety?

Are you letting the 5 men stay armed and follow outside to get to safety?

Grimm seems to want the gear back once you get clear of this location, is that correct?

Kalim seems to want to clear out the horrors before doing anything else is this correct?

Grimm, Des and Karnog seem to want to drink, frolic, sell loot and reequip before heading back, is this correct?

Malcolm and Valtilda what would you like to do?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

My opinion is to lead everybody out so there's no question of what happened to the villages, go back into town to drink, frolic, and sell, then come back freshly rested to explore the rest of the dungeon.


Evil GM

DM rolls:

Perception checks:
Vatilda: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Des: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
malcolm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
karnog: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Grimm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Everyone but kalim stops mid-sentence as there is a loud yell in a guttural language that you don't understand. There is a crash as a door slams shut, stomping can be heard, then finally there is a giant sliding around the corner...with two heads. his beefy hands hold a knotty club and a javelin. There is a whip, a spike chain and a flail tied to its massive body.

Due to Karnog and Vilis position in the stairwell they don't see this creature but they do hear him.

Karnog:
You hear a voice coming from the surface area. it sounds like it's giving directions.

Give me some time to post initiatives.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

What Des said. We freed but don't trust the warrior types.
Once we hit the surface they gotta give back the gear. The deal was get them out of the dungeons. We don't owe them squat. They can keep the morning stars, but the rest is spoils. We can take the farmers to safety


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Oh boy. We're in for it now! I can hear more coming from topside, sounds like. Someone's giving orders up there! "


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I never wanted to stop progressing below. That is why I suggested so many times that we allow them to stay there or head to the surface themselves. However, since it was obvious that everyone wanted to escort them besides Kalim and I, I simply went along because we were obviously out-voted.

Malcolm draws his Bastard Sword.

Prepare yourselves!


Evil GM

The DM's creating more a complex situation where you have outside concerns adding drama, ethical dilemmas, and stirring the pot with the scene(s).

RA Initiatve:

RA:
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Grimm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Vatilda: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Desmond: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Gronk the Ettin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
zombies: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Order:

Karnog
zombies
Des
Kalim
Malcolm
Grimm
Valtida
Gronk
NPCs

RD 1


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Sell loot, rest and return sounds fine to me.

Vatilda eyes the freed prisoners after Malcolm's comment... and comes to a similar assumption as what had already been stated.
She then ducks into the nearby doorway of a cell when the forces upstairs are heard, and waits for the enemy to arrive.
She then casts a quick spell to ward herself.

sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Step to J,0... cast Protection from Evil on myself


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Zombies? Where?

Desmond slips between people to the front of the line, then stops and brandishes his swords. "Come on ugly, you want to live forever?"

Moving to O0 (O the letter, 0 the number)


Evil GM

Des you don't actually see the zombies...that is karnog and vilis.The etin is D, -1, the zombies are coming down the stairs M/N, 5.

the hallway that has the cells is 8 feet wide and you see that the ettin, although he is large is very comfortable maneuvering in "his" hallway. He is actually a bit stunted in height for ettins and he is hunched.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Cleric, Paladin. Handle zombies. Ettin iis mine.

Grimm moves through friendly squares to J,-1 (previously occupied by Vatilda) and casts DIVINE FAVOR, and activates his judgement to Grant a bonus to his armor.

AC= 21+Defensive Training= 25vs Giant , DF +3 to hit and damage, +1 to attack vs giants


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Die, foul undead beasts! "

Raising his holy symbol high, Karnog channels to damage undead.

3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) = 6 DC 15 for half, 4 remaining


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Oh, THAT'S where our big ugly friend is. I'm going to hold action till he gets closer, then try to tumble past him when he approaches.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 1, Channel Positive Energy, DC 14 for 1/2 Damage

Malcolm nods to Grimm, then steps around the corner to M1 and follows the lead of Karnog by calling upon the powers of Abadar to damage the zombies.

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim strengthens his defense again. Mage armor!


Evil GM

Rd 1: Zombie Will save vs Karnog DC 15

z1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
half dam
z2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
full dam
z3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
half dam
z4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
half dam
z5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
full dam


RD1: Zombies

The zombies move forward, Karnog and vilis each get an AOO, if you ahve combat reflexes then 2 AOO. These bug bear dark-furred creatures raise morning stars, their tiny milky white eyes glitter with the thrill of combat. These zombies are able to move and attack in the same round. Kaornog will know that this ability eliminates the slashing weapon resistance that most common zombies have.

The zombies attack Karnog:

Z1:
morning star: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8;dam: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Z2:
morning star: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25;dam: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Zombie attack on Vilis:

Z3:
morning star: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12;dam: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Updated Map after Zombie move


Evil GM

Order:

Karnog channelled
zombies moved and attacked
Des
Kalim mage armor
Malcolm
Grimm - moved and divine favor
Valtida stepped to side and prot from evil
Gronk
NPCs

I still need to roll the saves form Malcolm's channel. Zombies moved into the space malcolm was heading before his move.

I need to update the map with Grimm's action and move.

I still have an AOO to roll out with Vilis.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Correct, I would have just channeled from as close to them as i could after movement, which I assume is right where I am because Grimm moves after my turn. Thanks.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Holding action for Gronk to approach, and then I will tumble past him and cut at his ankles. Hopefully one of the other melee's can back me up for some flanking.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I think Grimm is on his way to ya.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 to hit; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
Desmond Aeros wrote:
Holding action for Gronk to approach, and then I will tumble past him and cut at his ankles. Hopefully one of the other melee's can back me up for some flanking.

you tumble behind. I will smash from the front


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Aye aye captains.

Desmond bides his time, then when Gronk gets almost within striking distance he shoves off, pushing off the wall and tumbling around him. He neatly rolls and stands up, bringing a sword up to cut at the creatures arm.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Evil GM

The way the two headed ettin is currently positioned there is a wall behind him, so getting behind for flanking is impossible at this point.

I'm going to assume Desmond is still holding.

Gronk: RD 1

The ettin curses in foul snippets, and tosses a javelin at Grimm.

javelin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20;damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The ettin does not move form his position, he keeps the wall to his back, using his dungeon to his advantage. He pulls his whip out with his now empty hand.

3,751 to 3,800 of 16,204 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.