Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


2,001 to 2,050 of 16,204 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Male Orc Druid 10

Appraise 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Evil GM

If you craft armor or weapons you can roll that check 3 times to.

Kalim's Checks:

Appraise
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 5

Spellcraft:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Rammallorn:

Appraise
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Craft Armor
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Varl:
Appraise
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Nibb:
Appraise
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Spellcrraft
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Craft:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Spellcraft
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Appraise
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Appraise
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"That was a very tough and close battle. Well fought, everyone, especially our new friends. If someone would be so kind as to shore up the bridge, I will gladly attend to any injuries."

Once across the way and everyone is gathered around, Karnog uses his last channel for the day.

2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 channel energy for healing.

"Fear not, children, there will be no selling while we are here. How may we be of assistance, Thomas?"


Evil GM

"I wasth a merchant that was ranthacked a week ago" He is clearly having a trouble with the missing teeth forming the 'S' sound."I was heading to Fentonville thell, thom thik and tea."


Evil GM

Here is an overview of the entire cave for your reference.

ENTIRE CAVE

Varl and Ramm go about securing the front entrance and to begin inventorying the various caverns worth of items. Once those tasks are well in hand you've all been able to heal up and start identifying items along with learning about the prisoners.

The merchant - Thomas was heading up to Fentonville to sell some silk and tea. He had just met a ferry boat by the river to sell some tea and cloth, he tells you there a couple ferrys that travel the river up to a small trading post, known as Zelkor's Ferry, in the dragonmarsh. The delivery was made but then the goblins attacked killing his 6 guards. This happened about a week ago.

The two children, Alliey and Sissy,along with their mother were from the farm land. Their father, grandfather and son were taking hostage too but they are not in the cavern.


Evil GM

FYI, I will make you appraise and identification checks especially when it comes to unusual items or things that you don't already ahve on your character sheets.

After spending time organizing sorting and handling the items in the cavern this what you've found:

Antipaladin Goblin Bandit Cave Adventure Loot List – Medium sized gear

Weapons

+1 Heavy Mace
+1 Scimitar
+1 Bastard Sword
+1 Spear, cold iron tip/head
+1 Battleax
+1 Warhammer
- The above should be pretty easy to sort out the intended beneficiaries. As DM, I don't really get involved in loot division but I wanted to make sure every had a magical weapon here.

Other gear

Darkwood buckler, darkwood short bow (12 arrows in quiver), Mithral chainshirt, silver dagger, 4 MSW daggers, 6 mundane daggers, 1 MSW heavy crossbows, 1 Msw Lgt. Crossbow, 4 mundane crowbars, (7) +1 bolts, (6) +1 shortbow arrows, 3 papercandle fireworks, 2 skyrocket fireworks, 2 shard gels

+1 Cloak of Protection
1 pair of Boots of Enduring March
1 pair of Claws of Ice Bear
1 Cap of light
1 Phylactery of Faithfulness
1 pair of Armbands of Brawler

CMW Wand (17 charges)
Silver unholy symbol

Potions/oils

(15) CLW, bless weapon, endure elements- fire, endure elements –cold, bull strength, bears endurance, delay poison, jump, prot. from good, prot from law, remove disease, remove curse.

Art/Objects

Carved ivory scroll case, waterproof – 110gp
Silver hand mirror, small – 75 gp
Ornate silver flute – 80 GP
Antiquity bronze chess board – 250 gp
3 Silver cups with royal crests – 150 total
Ivory baby rattle, 35 GP

GEMS/Jewels/Coin

(9) agates – 15 gp each (135 total),
(11) tigereye – 5gp each (55 total)
(7) Citrine – 45 gp each (315 total)
(8) Ziron – 50 GP each (400 total)
(1) Amber – 50 GP (50 total)
1 Saltwater pearl – 130Gp (130 total)
2 Opals – 250 GP Each (500 total)

Two fancy carved chests with mundane simple locks - 75 GP each, (150 total)
- The gems are in one chest
- Coin in the other: 17 PP, 3123 GP, 4612 SP, 1321 CP

Misc, if you find a way to bring this to Fentonville

Goblin sized gear: $1700 GP trade value
Bulk Goods/Oil/Wine/Ale/Corn/Nails /Rope– 800 GP

Lastly, do not concern yourself about including Nibb, Varl and Rammellorn in the division of gear and money. They will become background NPCs in Fentonville.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim selects the magical battleaxe and stows it without debate or regret. After the cave is secured, he uses the time of accounting, eating, and staying his turn of watch to get the story of the two new guys.

He suggests that we should escort the victims and loot to Fentonville. There are probably some extra carts at the farm, if we can't carry ourselves or on jury-rigged sledges.

EDIT: Argrim also collects his wand of CLW from Nibb.

GM, are your loot totals of everything encountered or just from the final room. I've posted and linked all of the loot posts on my profile.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda looks over the spoils. She hefts the mace, and swings it through the air a few times and shrugs. She then tests it by bashing the silver unholy symbol into an unrecognizable lump of silver. She nods.. pleased.
"I will take this."
She also takes a healing potion, and places it in the remaining spot on her bandolier.

"Take this Thomas... if in time you decide to sell it, be sure it is to someone who can appreciate the craftmanship." She wipes the remaining goblin blood from her old mace and hands it to him.


Evil GM

I totaled up everything encountered that was not previously given to you. I've already down the 1700 in small goblin gear is what the PCs 50% take is after they sell it. Normally I let you all do the math but I didn't want to itemize each item from this cave encounter.

Remember you still have 1 goblin prisoner from the early encounter.

I'll say you can rig together a sled, or two, to for the items.

As an FYI, after you rest it's now day five since the farmhouse burning and the trail splitting off.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Thanks Baldwin. I'm going to level Argrim assuming nothing goes bump during the rest and preparation to depart. We still need consensus on what to do next. Argrim started that conversation three posts up thread. Cheers!


Evil GM

Nothing interrupts the rest. Nibb used your CLW wand quite bit.
I appreciate the conversation your posted above. There are lots of options to do: try to follow trail for the other prisoners, go to the burned out farmhouse, go to Fentonville and so forth.

Nibb, Varl and Rammellorn will announce that they will head back to Fentonville and they can take care of the selling the goblin's gear and the other dry goods if you so desire. They would leave a letter of credit for each of you.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

After returning across and donning his armor and all of his gear, Malcolm looks over the loot. He lifts the Bastard Sword and tests its quality.

I would truly like to have this fine weapon, if there are no objections?

He sheathes the magical Bastard Sword.

He also picks up the +1 Cloak of Protection, Masterwork Light Crossbow, and +1 Bolts (7).

Does anyone need to share these bolts with me, or is there somebody else that would lay claim to the Cloak?

I assume that we are returning to Fentonville. I need to sell the mundane items after the upgrades, and I would want to speak with my employer, of course.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

I think I counted 43 charges left, but I might have missed some. Tell me the number you think is right.

Argrim is disappointed with losing two of his dwarven brothers in arms. With the victims and loot secure, he suggests that we should travel to where the trail split and go after the other prisoners. The trail might be cold, but we should try at least.

4th level hit points: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Evil GM

43 charges is fine with me.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Cool. 4th level Argrim is behind the avatar.

Argrim raises an eyebrow at Malcolm taking the magic cloak, "Unless that cloak was yours before you were captured, laddie, you should put that down. We should discuss who might most need that protection, because I thought your divine patron protected you well already?"

Seriously, the cloak should go to those with the weakest saves, first.

"How much of this loot do you think is a fair share for you two?" Argrim asks Malcolm and Sheyan without reminding them that they were saved.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just role-playing my lawful character. If we want to let the PC-lights rule and evenly divide among players, that's fine by me.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"The hammer will serve me well, I feel. 'Tis the symbol of the Creator, after all."

Karnog takes the magical warhammer, swapping his masterwork one into the group loot pile.

"So, once we rest and recover, we should track back to the other group of missing and see about finding them as well. "


Human, NPC

"Who do you all work for, how did your f..f..find us? The children's mother asks. She quickly asks somewhat confused, "Are you all together or...were there multiple rescue parties?' Pausing only a moment before continuing, "Do you know where they took my husband and the men?


Evil GM

Thomas would nod to Vatilda, Thank you."


Evil GM
Argrim wrote:

Argrim selects the magical battleaxe and stows it without debate or regret. After the cave is secured, he uses the time of accounting, eating, and staying his turn of watch to get the story of the two new guys.

He suggests that we should escort the victims and loot to Fentonville. There are probably some extra carts at the farm, if we can't carry ourselves or on jury-rigged sledges.

EDIT: Argrim also collects his wand of CLW from Nibb.

GM, are your loot totals of everything encountered or just from the final room. I've posted and linked all of the loot posts on my profile.

Argrim I forgot that I gave you the goblin hoard items (the second cavern chamber) I thought I only gave you the first chamber. So, everything that I just posted is from the last cavern, with the exception of selling the dry goods (800 GP)and small goblin items (1700 GP) that will be the total of all non-magical small goblin gear that Nibb has not already claimed. Basically, I cashed out the dry goods and the small gear which doesn't fit the characters for you.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
Mathalen wrote:
"Who do you all work for, how did your f..f..find us? The children's mother asks. She quickly asks somewhat confused, "Are you all together or...were there multiple rescue parties?' Pausing only a moment before continuing, "Do you know where they took my husband and the men?

Argrim answers after a pause, "We," pointing to the original group, "have been hired by a gnome named Featherton in Fentonville to map these areas and clear it of bandits. The first thing we found out of place was a burned out farm; yours probably. We followed the tracks to this warren of goblins; we been down here a few days. Another set of larger tracks separated a way back with prisoners; your men probably went that direction. I thought you might know these guys," pointing to Malcolm and Sheyan.

I don't see the +1 buckler and masterwork longsword on the antipaladin loot list, so the magic and gear sections of the goblin hoard do not appear included in the antipaladin loot list. What about the currency from the Goblin Hoard? Is that included in the antipaladin loot list?


Male Orc Druid 10

In response to Argrim, Sheyan picks up the scimitar, swinging it. He smiles as he feels it cut through the air "A finely made curved sword" and after sifting through the other items, interestingly enough he picks up the boots "I spend many weeks moving from place to place, if nobody objects I would like these"


Male Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

As the loot dividing is going on, Kio makes his way around the room. He stops by every individual, stopping long enough to smell them and remember their scent, but not long enough for them to lay a hand on him. After his round he goes over to Teima, laying down but keeping his head up


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

It is Abadar that indeed protects me, but this cloak does not aid in protecting those against attacks to their will and such. It is of a protective nature, making it harder to hit the wearer, unless I am mistaken. It would seem most prudent to place it on someone who is in the heat of battle more often, like myself.

GM BTM: Did I read that wrong. It is a cloak of Protection, not Resistance, correct?

Yes, we were also hired by Featherton for the same tasks. It appears that he hired many groups, expecting failure.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

My Bad, did not see the Discussion thread first. Cloak of Resistance up for grabs again.

HP: 1d10 ⇒ 10

{ooc]Malcolm Leveled to 4th.[/ooc]


Evil GM
Argrim wrote:
Mathalen wrote:
"Who do you all work for, how did your f..f..find us? The children's mother asks. She quickly asks somewhat confused, "Are you all together or...were there multiple rescue parties?' Pausing only a moment before continuing, "Do you know where they took my husband and the men?

Argrim answers after a pause, "We," pointing to the original group, "have been hired by a gnome named Featherton in Fentonville to map these areas and clear it of bandits. The first thing we found out of place was a burned out farm; yours probably. We followed the tracks to this warren of goblins; we been down here a few days. Another set of larger tracks separated a way back with prisoners; your men probably went that direction. I thought you might know these guys," pointing to Malcolm and Sheyan.

I don't see the +1 buckler and masterwork longsword on the antipaladin loot list, so the magic and gear sections of the goblin hoard do not appear included in the antipaladin loot list. What about the currency from the Goblin Hoard? Is that included in the antipaladin loot list?

Sorry about the confusion. Using the loot under your profile: First goblin Cave - the Plunder category and Gear category are now gone and included/cashed out. The Currency and Magic items remain on your list to be divided/sold how you all decide. goblin Hoard Gear - small category is now gone and included/cashed out. Gear - Med remains on your sheet to be sold/divided how you all see fit. The Currency and Magic categories remain on your sheet to be divided as you all see fit.

to avoid any confusion just delete those categories that have been cashed out.


Evil GM

This is a vast area to map, 170 miles long and 90 miles wide, and all know he has been sending many groups out recently to map and curb the banditry on the Coast Road. Sheyan and Malcolm's group would have been assembled and gone out a few weeks before the other group, so you would not have met before.


Evil GM

The farm family and merchant anxiously wait for the their saviors to decide on a course of movement.

Nibb reassures them that at the very least several warriors will escort them back to Fentonville or the farm. He'll mention quietly warn the mother that most of the house was burned down.

Anyone with Knowledge nature can make a check while you are in the cavern.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

In absence of comments, Argrim accepts the suggestion of Nibb, Varl, and Ramm to escort the family and loot to Fentonville via the farm. "The rest of us will go after the men. We'll travel together until the split of the tracks. Agreed?"


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda nods in agreement. She takes one last look around at the cave; piecing together the battle which was to her at the time like a walking dream.

kn(nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Evil GM

Kn Nature 18 and above:

In studying the cavern river you think it leads to other unknown areas and that there are pockets of air holes along the way but this does look quite dangerous.


Evil GM

While rummaging through one of the chests you find a small false back, and find a map.

Goblin Map


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I am all for going after the men, but would it not be prudent to return to Fentonville to regroup first?


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

"I understand how that might be helpful... but you were not there when we had to make the choice... Which tracks to follow? Whose lives do we save first? I do not wish to rest another night - thinking of the tracks we did not follow, if I have not have not spent the day doing everything I can to save them."
Vatilda considers for a moment, the fact that some of her companions might require this "regrouping" in order to remain effective.
"But if it is deemed the wisest course of action... I will yield to the will of the group."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I do not require return to the town, and retain several blessings yet today. In addition, the items we just found should prove most helpful on our quest. To leave the others to their fate is an unacceptable choice, in my opinion."

Karnog eyes the pile of potions and the mithral chain shirt as he speaks.

"Is anyone enamored of that light armor? I would greatly enjoy not having to go bare if we should encounter another tight squeeze like before."


Evil GM

Karnog and others, You guys would have rested a full day to inventory the goblins cave, so you have full health and spells. Plus, you can level.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Excellent. I am ready to proceed post haste, then. I believe I am all levelled up and ready to proceed.

"So, lads, ready to go chase down some more gobbers?"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Alright then, I concur. We should proceed immediately.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"The mithral chain shirt makes great pajamas, too!" Argrim offers probably from experience.

He takes the lead in the departure. "We at least can travel together to the split of the tracks."


Evil GM

Nibb studies the goblin map that was found sketching it into his cartography book, then he comments before the group departs the gobins cavern.

cartography: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"This is crude....of course, well...goblins hate writing, but ...well, this map gives some information that seems useful."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Well met, fellow cartographers. I am Kalim, formerly of the Rahadoumi army, now ...a seeker." He allows the big wolf to smell his hand and scratches behind his ear if possible.

"This is a fine spear indeed," he continues.


Evil GM

"Well..." Nibb tugs on Kalim's robe "I at least expect You to understand this..." he points to the goblin map that he has annotated. "That merchant fella said that small village Zelcor's Ferry is farther off this map but I marked it's general location for reference." The smart-a$$ halfing comments.

Nibb then shows the goblin map with his annotations on it.

Goblin Map with Nibb's Annotations

"Like I mentioned earlier the greenish beasts were crude in the cartography skills."

I made changes in the Paint program and I'm not too proficient with it. At first I hand wrote using the pen - I have chicken scratch - then I found the text function. it's a bit messy because I couldn't figure out how to undo the handwriting.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim looks at the map and asks the gnome, "Nibb, is this red upside down V, inside our cave or further down the trail? And what could be a Big Warning?"


Evil GM

"Further down of course." he shakes his head in disbelief.

"Apparently, something there scared the goblins and they avoided it when the followed that SE path to the higher hills and mountains."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm simply shakes his head at the crude map.

I will take the lead with Agrim.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
Malcolm Cavendish wrote:

Malcolm simply shakes his head at the crude map.

I will take the lead with Agrim.

Not down here, laddie. It's single file. You're too loud. And any light for you to see, can be seen from far away by the bad guys. But I appreciate the enthusiasms.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda - more sensitive to dwarven charm with the new human and elf around, softens Argrim's statement.
"Once we are out of the cavern and into the sunlight, I'm certain we would welcome you in the lead... just be sure to let Argrim scout ahead when he deems it necessary. "


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Aye, lass. By Magrim's beard, you got the knack of it.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan whispers something to Teima, and after that falls in somewhere in the marching order

2,001 to 2,050 of 16,204 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.