Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


3,701 to 3,750 of 16,204 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>

Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Who is kept behind this stout door? Perhaps we take a look at least?"


"I work as a guide and scout primarily. I had no companions when I was captured so I've no idea."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog listens at the door.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 perception


Evil GM

You hear snippets of a conversation,

V1:
"...big but we..."

V2:
"...trip 'em..."

V3:
"Shut-up and listen."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

" Who are you in there?

In dwarven: "Be you friend or foe to the dwarves?"


"Xor would ask who speaks to Xor?"


A second voice yells, "y'igit can't even speak proper can ye."

"Shhhhhhh, it's gonna come in ....again Fredrick" A third voice mumbles

"Git ready Carolus."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I am called Karnog Kegmeister, servant of Torag. Of whom are you afraid?"

Karnog cautiously opens the food slot and looks in, standing back from the door.


"Xor is afraid of no one."


"Fredrick who is No One?"


"Fredrick be so kind as to shut your brother up."


"Alas...its a dwarf peering through the food opening. Are you one of them? You'd be wise to watch your back, the jailer is a crafty brute that is handy with his whip and club."


"Shhhhhhh Carolus some Karnog is be bringing us a keg." There is pause, "I'm certainly parched and could use good ale." His tongue wets his parched lips.


The elf has his face in his palm as the two human dimwit brothers converse.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Sadly, I have no kegs with me. I can provide you with water, and heal your wounds if need be. What can you tell me of the jailer? I understand he is very large, with two heads, and carries a club and whip."


"He is no match for Xor...in...a ...fair fight, Xor could take him," says Xor. "But those damn hobgoblins, overwhelmed us...then that patrol rode on by."


Straightening himself off the ground, he stands. "I'm Bithan and these are my men, we were ambushed on the Coast Road by goblins and hobgoblins. Their numbers overwhelmed us and we were betrayed by a patrol of authorities - a corrupt sheriff."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"We encountered a similar patrol, although we did not suffer such betrayal as you have. Perhaps my more nimble compatriots can open your cell and let you out."

Karnog raises his eyebrows at his friends.

"Hold out your hands, I can give you feesh water at least."

Karnog casts create water once more.


Xor gets close to the opening and holds his hands out while peeking through the slot. "Is that a princess Xor sees?" He talks to those in the cell with him, "Mort tis true dwarf women, look like dwarf men, there's a princess out there." He leans back into the food slot and he smiles at Grimm before winking. "When free, Princess, Xor is available for hire as a bodyguard," he cheerfully offers.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Can we just set them all free, and heave them lead the others to the surface?


"Freeing us is a start."


Evil GM

DMPC Desmond:

Des spends a minute to study then work the lock until he hears the familiar clicking sound. He steps back as he pulls the door open. Inside are five men, four humans and one elf, that are clearly warrior types - at the least. There hands have the tell-tail signs of nicks form blades and battle, their arms show similar scarring. Each have been roughed up, a few more than others.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Stand close everyone."

Karnog channels to heal everyone.

3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 4) = 11 healing 5/7 remaining


There's a bunch of nodding going on when Karnog channels the heal.

"So, you just walk in here to free folks," the elf comments as he sees the three farmers. "How'd ya manage that?"


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

"We managed it by obliterating evil incarnate as we move from chamber to chamber. But.. to state it as 'just walking in here' would be trivializing the trials we have faced so far."
Vatilda looks to Malcolm and nods... "I see their options as either holding this position until we can return on our way out, or leaving now themselves by way of our path here."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I too see it that way, Vatilda. In any event we must push on without them. I think it is time for us to continue.


"You leaving Xor and his companions without weapons." He sees the holy symbols, "How would your Gods view your actions leaving Xor to be slaughtered without weapons and armor?"


"He does have a point even if his speech is odd."


"Besides which was is out....is that the way you traveled...is the path clear." His eye brow raises, "You mean to dump these farmers on us while you go your merry way...equipped?" He looks to Karnog "Gratitude for freeing us but we have no assurances for our safety this way. wouldn't it be wise to lead us to safety then you can come back."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"As loathe as I am to allow this abbot to walk away, they speak truth. If we abandon them now, they have very little chance. If we assist them, what do we truly lose? We can regroup, restock, and come back at full strength."


Evil GM

Everyone can make perception check, it's sound based.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 perception


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Perception: 1d1 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

I got to objection to taking them out. Vilis here needs a drink and I mean ta oblige.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Evil GM

Karnog and Malcolm here a thunk coming from the downstairs direction, it sounds like something metallic was dropped then a guttural response.

Grimm hears a clank only.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Something downstairs. A drop and guttural speech. Perhaps the jailer? With these numbers, we can assault him unawares post-haste."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

[Then let us prepare for his arrival!


Evil GM

The farmers begin to scoot backwards as far from the sound as possible but still while keeping an eye on their rescuers.

------
After 10 minutes nothing emerges from the stairs but you can make out an conversation in a guttural pigeon language.

Part - giant, part orc, part goblin if you speak those languages....tell me how many of those languages you understand.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog speaks Common and Dwarven only, unfortunately


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Common, dwarven and abyssal


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Lol just common here


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Common and Elven here.


Evil GM

It's a bunch of guttural groans, moans and gobbledygook sounds. They are not getting closer and they are definitely raising up from the stairwell.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm speaks low, Time to make a decision lads. there's too many to continue with them and they gonna have a hard time getting ta the surface alive with no gear. Let's get them out of hear and return .

He has his Greatsword in hand, as always.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Fair point, Warrior. Let us arm them ss best we can, and proceed post haste out of this accursed place."


The "newly" rescued crew eagerly accept weapons in their scarred and weathered hands.

Malcolm:
Using a move action you can instantly know these are not goodly individuals. The dull brothers and Xor resister none, but Morton and Bithan are faint.

"At least we can defend ourselves."


The amazon places a hand on one a trembling farmers, "It'll be alright, I'm here, and I'm not going aware without you." Her voice reassuring.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond checks around the cells and in the surrounding area, keeping one ear on the conversation but mostly keeping quiet. Finally he jumps in. "We killed about thirty grunts getting in here, plenty of them armed. Not all of the weapons are crafted steel, but they're weapons."


Evil GM

They will eagerly take any weapon offered. They have no intention of "looking" for gear if that would mean separating from the larger group.

3,701 to 3,750 of 16,204 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.