Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


10,601 to 10,650 of 16,204 << first < prev | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | next > last >>

Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:
suspense is killing me

I'm trying to figure out what she will barter for in exchange for the information.


"A simple request for barter..."There is long pause. "...I seek only nine drops of your blood freely given in exchange for your birthright knowledge." She motions to a servant who steps forward carrying a ruby encrusted goblet along with an ivory ceremonial knife.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Hey dark and scary, what can she do with that? he asks Kalim


Her bony fingers make a steeple in front of her. "Not only will I reveal your birthright, but I'll show you, your clan in my crystal ball." Her finger tips tap together.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

While he lets Kalim ponder. What do you want to do with my blood? You hint that I am important to a clan, and ya know I would never put another dwarf in danger


"Danger...no." She cackles, "Potent virility potion...yes."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Neat. Well I won't judge what kind of kinky stuff you're into."

If we can afford the spindle and wayfinder I would like them.


Evil GM

Waiting on Kalim to respond to Grung, before Grung decides if he'll give the lich a 9 drops of his blood.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim tsks at the lich's answer. "And here I thought lichen were intelligent undead. Grungsdi, you make your own identity. Leave the past in the past and your blood in your body."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Yes, insult the lich. Show who the smart one really is." Des takes a step away from Kalim.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Not what I asked dark and scary. What can she do with my blood?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim shrugs. "Evil things. It's a lich, not a geneologist."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Ya could just say you have less of an idea than I do.

Then to the lich Since my conpabion doesn't know, why do you want my blood?


She does sneer at Kalim. Then answers Grung. "I seek to brew a potent virility potion. A potion that offers strength, resistance, and protection. Your blood is the missing ingredient." Her sagging flesh jiggles a bit. "As I said I'm putting no dwarf in danger."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 sm


DM:

bluff: 1d1 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Grung you listen to her and she's been fair to the others so far. Besides she hasn't killed anyone. Overall, she seems believable.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"It would be polite to do so... especially, you know the circumstances." Felicitas chimes in.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

so the player knows this is a terrible odea

He turns to karnog

dwarf:
I think I have to do this...anything I am missing. She seems honest


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Dwarven:

Spoiler:
"I honestly don't know what she would do with your blood, my friend. She seems on the up and up, for now, but remember: this creature is incredibly powerful and most likely ancient. The spellcaster who became this undead being deliberately killed herself in such a fashion as to trap her soul in some material object. All that, just to extend her life on this world. If she is willing to provide information you truly need, in exchange for some blood, it may be a worthwhile trade. Increasing her magical power slightly doesn't seem immediately hazardous, and I can't think of any way that material could be used to harm you after it had been fashioned into this virility potion."


Here bony fingers tap the ivory throne. "Do we have an agreement?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Let's do it

was nice playing with you guys :) no way this ends well


Evil GM

I've been thinking about your missing past and have it sketched out at my house. I'll try to get it up tonight. As far as a direct confrontation with Grung she'll be true to her word. Perhaps, if you ever make it "home" that will come into play. the use of your blood could be for something as simple as protection from dwarfs or something more sinister.

The ornate ivory knife is handed to the dwarf as the assist holds the goblet under his hand to catch the precious drops.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

i am very excited to learn that I am actually the chief-most dung mover of Clan Poo-Tunnel.

Grung makes the prick and lets the drops fall. Then he wraps the wound in cloth to not lost anymore.


”Grung you hail from a long line of ancient dwarves from the clan Hammerford. You are the second son, Prince Grung, from the Highhelm of Druma clan.” She pauses and lets that sink in. ”You left the tunnels near Highhelm on a trading expedition. Your caravan was on the Coast Road and it failed to pay tribute to Aragnak the Red Dragon. It was a short slaughter. You survived the trauma…barely. Finding a small cave for refuge.”

She waves you closer. See your family and she pulls out a crystal ball canting a few foul sounding words and a foggy image appears in the glass. You can see an old man sitting at a forge, his arms still have strength, but you know he’s seen a better day. He pounds with his hammer and behind him a shadow moves, stepping out of darkness is your youngest brother: Prung. He has look vile look on his face and there’s glint of metal coming from his left hand. He steps behind your father, your father’s eyes widen and he drops his hammer.

She waves her hand over the crystal ball and the scene changes. Your clan is gathered toasting the life of King Hammerford. Then an advisor stands and makes an proclamation, ”Three months ago the Great King Hammerford’s oldest son, Prince Brung, died in the tunnels putting down the duegar attack. And it’s been eighteen months since the second son, Prince Grung, was last heard of. Now, we need leadership and King that thinks of his clan first, not himself, and Prung is that rightful dwarf. All Hail King Prung Hammerford.”

She smirks, "It appears as if your brother has taken your rightful throne."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond smirks. "Him, royalty? He's about as royal as my left..." He trails off with a wink and whistles.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Well, your highness... what now?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

A bit of a snotnose...but he's a good dwarf. I expect with the rest of us lost he will do well. As for us, I guess we should finish what we started, and perhaps I will find something to help my people.

He says as he watches, with only snatches of memory coming back him, mainly memories of his brothers come back and hit him hard and fast.


"If your business is concluded my assistant will show you out."


Evil GM

The flap to the door opens and you step out of the dimensional space that you've been in. The dwarves being thankful for have "real" stone under their boots. You can scan those in the outer encampment and see there are a few other wary folks waiting their turn.

Where are you heading? Are you going to continue towards the refuges army of Tsar at the Black Garrison and LORD NAPHRATHOTH, FALLEN EMPYREAL COMMANDER, the Grand Cornu Lorvius, and the dwarven graveknight.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

I vote yes, especially if we can find a place where we can hole up and establish a base of operations. Particularly, somewhere I could pray and regain spells.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Somehow fitting to start to make RA our home. We should think about hiring ourselfes some guards!"


Evil GM

Karnog you know you will need to rest outside of the area you are heading. The city is the place where you were warned that you prayers will go unanswered..


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

The place we are now, that is somewhere I could rest and prepare, though? I had thought it was the whole level. If it is the city itsef, that makes it a bit easier to cope...we could potentially sally in, deal with some baddies or do some recon, then retreat if needed. I am expecting to need more than one foray in to accomplish our goals.


Evil GM

You are currently just in the tunnel system on the way to level (city). You are basically in a small side cavern/alcove/trading post. You could pay fee and rest in this area. 100GP a per person...the tunnels are a dangerous place so there's a bit of premium.

Alternatively, you could scout ahead and try to find another side tunnel to hole up in, but there is no guarantee that you'd go unmolested for the evening.

FYI you are about a 2 day journey to where you are heading.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

I'm ok with either. Now that I have darkvision I'll be a much better watch during the night.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"So, off to the big bad city? Its a bit away, which is good. I plan on using some magic to obscure my more obvious traits, especially to those with opposed magical abilities."

Karnog looks to Grungsdi with a big dwarfy smile,

"How's it feel to know yer important, Yer Highness?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

He ponders it for a momen. About the same, other than it is heartening to know that ya will be buying me more ale! he says with a huge grin

Think I should try to send a message?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I don't know. Do you remember yer kin? Would they be happy ta have a brother and king back, or would it lead to jealousy and anger? A dwarf on the throne could go either way, just depends on his character."


Evil GM

Grung:

You don't remember your snot nosed younger brother, Prung Hammerford, fondly. He was tended to be a troublemaker and bit on the cruel side. Of course, the glint of steel in his hand when he approached your father should not sit well with you.


Evil GM

As you contemplate the safety of where to rest it dawns on you that the lich's encampment is your safest bet. Who would be foolish enough to attack a lich with all her guards?

Pay your 100gp per person and take the rest and regain your spells.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung frowns as some images begin to flood back.

If'n I recalls, Prung is an arse. Not sure I like that blade in his hand. Think yer god can put us in touch?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Up on the surface, or closer, yes. Down here in this cursed place, I doubt it. My visions related that my powers would be diminished, including a blockage to the heavens for my summoned friends. I would be glad to ask when we have left this place."


Evil GM

The next morning comes and remarkably, you had a peaceful evening. Rest was had and you can regain your spells.

You can level up to 12th.


Evil GM

Over the next two days you manage to stay clear of most the unsavory traffic that roams the tunnels.

encounters: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Then roughly a half day out from your destination you come across 3 husk of bodies, their life forces drained by death magic. They are all wearing torn peasant outfits and their ankles are callused from a life in chains - escaped slaves.

What are you going to do when you come upon this scene?

You can attempt a know: religion, planes, or perhaps a heal check to determine more about the bodies/scene.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 heal
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Knowledge: Planes
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Knowledge: Religion


Evil GM

karnog heal check:

You know these corpses were toyed with and tormented. It was as if they were drained of energy and life.

I will get to the other results later. I want to see if anyone else (felic) rolls.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Something toyed with these poor wretches before having their life essence drained. Several undead or extraplanar creatures can do so, and many necromantic spells work the same way. I feel sorry for their lives, and especially in passing through such horrible, violent means."

Karnog says a silent prayer to Torag over the fallen, very briefly, before continuing on with the rest of the group.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Confering with her friend and partner Fel ponders for a moment.
Know Rel: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 = 20
Know Pla: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 = 27


Evil GM

Felicitas and Karnog brainstorm their findings and thoughts. You ultimately decide that what creature did this manipulated negative energy. You suspect that it could be undead and most likely from another plane. It appears as if there former slaves were stalked then brutally murdered. The claw marks on the bodies suggest that this creature is not humanoid.


Evil GM

Desmond notice there is small tertiary tunnel that breaks off nearby, you almost missed it in your scouting but other than that there is nothing else worth noting.

10,601 to 10,650 of 16,204 << first < prev | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.