Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


6,351 to 6,400 of 16,421 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>

female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Oh you misunderstood me Sir Kalim. It was a question in general, not for the moment.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

We would likely find a defensible position, Felicitas. Seeing as there is nothing behind us, going back a bit to rest is always an option. It will no doubt need to happen soon. The Dwarves have already informed us that it is past the dinner bell above-ground.


Evil GM

With diligence the rubble is moved enough to permit the party to get through. Desmond peeks into the room...

This cavern is huge. Running water can be heard nearby. The air seems cleaner, less stagnant. You see a cut symmetrical pool of water, with a river running in one side and out the other. The cavern walls reflect a myriad of iridescent colors, dancing off of the walls in their torchlight. Across the pool to the south, where the river enters the pool, are two large blue stone platforms, fully 8 ft. tall and 12 ft. long. Corpses rest on them.

Updated map

Continious Fear Effect:

Karnog: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Kalim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Grung: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Feli: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Aurora: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Desmond: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Malcolm is immune and anyone within 10 feet of him gets a +4 on save

The group's nerves seem to have settled some from the constant adrenaline and fear that permeates this dungeon.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Perhaps a quick recconnoiter of this area, then we settled in for the night? I will have to prepare more restoration magic in the morning, and some fear-reducing spells as well. If need be, I can construct some basic defenses around this exit, both of wood and stone, which should allow for cover if we are attacked. By corporeal things anyways."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Aye defenses! Grung will help Karnog set those up.


Evil GM

Are you going into the large cavern? Where are you setting defenses to sleep...in the tunnel, in the stirge room?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Wherever karnog leads us lol

I thought the big room


Evil GM

The big room as in RM 7 that has the river running through it?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I would assume in the dryness of the hallway would suffice if we can barricade de the room we just accessed and the wet ones behind us?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

I was thinking a stealthy recon of the near areas of the big watery room, then create defenses at the entrance. Thu way we have a choke point if anything approaches from the front and area to fall back and fighting if they come from the rear.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Sounds good to me.


Evil GM

Waiting a bit longer for Desmond to recon the room unless someone else is going to do it.


Evil GM

The party begins to recon the pool room. Inside the room, it is composed of dark stone interwoven with psychedelically colored pegmatite mineral deposits the deposits are quite interesting. dungeoneering or appraise check. They reflected light glimmers with rainbow hues. The swimming pool looks a bit shallower from what you can tell at the base of the “T” and deeper in the top of the “T.” There is a river that cuts through the chamber and the water current appears strong. The river looks navigable.

Across the river, near the pool entrance, are the two stone platforms made of blue streaked black stone upon which rest two perfectly preserved bodies of old men with long white hair and beards.

Map update

What are you going to do?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 dungeoneering

Anyone else have a feeling those are going to get up and attack us?


Evil GM

I updated the map to show their location better.


Evil GM

Grung:
You realize that the sparkly minerals are realtively worthless about 20sp a ton. Although they are pretty.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Bah those gems are worthless trash


Evil GM

Kalim read Grung's spoiler above that is what you learn.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"There will come a time where all earthly things are worth no money ...


Evil GM

As the party looks at the two corpses a white mist emerges form their mouths. Karnog and Malcolm recognize them immediately as wraiths.

RA Initiatve:

RA:
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Grung: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Feli: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Desmond: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
wraith: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Initiative:

Wraith - acted emerged
Kalim
Karnog
Desmond
Feli
malcolm
Grung.

RD 1: Wraiths

They emerge from the mouths and corpse. That is their entire action.

Use the last map for this round, they are located where the bodies are located.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Gah! Those wraiths are bad news. They'll drain the life outta ya with a touch. And our weapons are all but useless against them. Time to call up some backup!"

Standard action: summon 1d3 ⇒ 3 lantern archons via summon monster IV.

If they can attack this round:

Spoiler:
A: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 to hit; 1d6 ⇒ 4 damage
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 to hit; 1d6 ⇒ 1 damage

B:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 to hit; 1d6 ⇒ 3 damage 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 to hit; 1d6 ⇒ 1 damage

C:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 to hit; 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 to hit; 1d6 ⇒ 3 damage

"Holy beings of light and good, help us slay these undead creatures!"

Karnog draws his hammer and stands ready to attack.


Evil GM

Summonign take a full round they appear at the beginning of your next round turn.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

knowReli: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Holding her back in a way so that Aurora can grab a wand Feli uses another to cast Shield on herself. Aurora casts Mage armor and prepares to us the bless wand.
Next round, as the Archons are summoned she will start bardic performance.
So you gain +1 bless and +2 bardic performance starting her turn next round.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Annoyed, Kalim fireballs rhe wraiths.fire damage: 7d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6, 1, 1, 5, 3) = 26


Evil GM

Kalim quickly blasts the area where the wraiths are

reflex
wraith 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
wraith 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

The wraith on the left takes the damage but his incorporeal form lessens the hit . (13 HP of damage)

The wraith on the right quickly avoids most the damage incorporeal (50% less) then its quick reflexes kick in. (6 HP of damage)


Evil GM

Initiative: RD 1

Wraith - acted emerged
Kalim - fireball 13 and 6 HP
Karnog - summon
Desmond
Feli - shield and mage armor
malcolm
Grung.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

According to the map, the wraiths appear to be on the other side of the water, correct? I foregot how deep and difficult the water is to pass across. Can I get an update on that?

Round 1, Channel Positive Energy

Abadar save us from these undead!

Malcolm channels positive energy. DC 15 Will save for 1/2 damage.

Positive Energy: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 2) = 15


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

GM: I took sacred summons at level 7. Sacred Summons . LG critters come in as standard action.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung does his QuickDraw sling then throwing ax

Sling 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
+2 Returning Throwing Ax: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 5 = 9 for 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

And Grung learns that the sling goes right through


Evil GM

the wraiths are on the other side of the river. You don't know the depth just that the current appears strong.


Evil GM

I forgot the wraiths bonus on channel with Karnog but it didn't make a difference.

W1, save: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
W2, save: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22

The holy energy flows from the paladin. Both undead creatures cringe but they withstand the majority of the damage.

The bullet from grung's sling hit doesn't seem to do anything. Magical weapons needed.


Evil GM

Desmond still has a RD 1 action.

Initiative: RD 2

Wraith -
Kalim -
Karnog -
Desmond
Feli -
malcolm
Grung.

I don't have the map with me today, so I need to update later.


Evil GM

RD 2: Wraiths

One moves (K,24) and attacks Karnog while the other moves to attacks Malcolm (M,26). the are flanking Malcolm.

Karnog:
Wraith 1, touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7;dam: 1d6 ⇒ 2;con: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Malcolm:

Wraith 2, touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14;dam: 1d6 ⇒ 4;con: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Grung has an AOO on the wraith in k,24

It's a DC 17 fort save for the con drain.

feli, know religion:

you remember there is something about daylight, but don't recall the details.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung quickdraws Croaker as his throwing ax is in the air

Croaker: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 2 = 13 for 1d10 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 = 13


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"A little bit of luck and I'm all right for now. Take them down fast, everyone!"

Lantern A:
1:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Touch; 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 damage
2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Touch; 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage

Lantern B:
1:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Touch; 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage
2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Touch; 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 damage

Lantern C:
1:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Touch; 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage
2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Touch; 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage

(6 rounds remaining for Lantern Archons)

Karnog calls forth the floating, glowing shields which have protected the party in the past.

Everyone within 20' gets +2 Deflection to AC & CMD


Evil GM

The lanterns appear in corporeal form. (A) hits with one attack.; (B)B hits twice, (C) C hits twice.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Round 2, Smite Evil, AC: 26, Scabbard of Vigor (+3/3Rounds)

Malcolm slides to M-25, and attacks the Wraith in M-26.

May Abadar smite you!

BS Att1: 1d20 + 13 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 3 + 2 = 19
BS Dam1: 1d10 + 5 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 5 + 3 = 21

BS Att2: 1d20 + 8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 3 + 2 = 25
BS Dam2: 1d10 + 5 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 5 + 3 = 15

Smite Evil adds an additional 14 damage to the first successful hit on my target if undead. If either of the above hit, please add an additional 14 points of damage.


Evil GM

Malcolm destroys the wraith in M, 26


Evil GM

Updated Map

Initiative: RD 2

Wraith - moved and attacked
Kalim -
Karnog - summoned creatures hit, casts spell
Desmond
Feli -
malcolm - smite evil killed one
Grung.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung swings Croaker wildly, then takes a 5 ft step away

Croaker: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 2 = 12 for 1d10 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 = 12
Croaker: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23 for 1d10 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 = 12


Evil GM

One of the two attacks hit the wraith. It is still up.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I must admit ...you religious types are hell on undead." Kalim holds.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"They are an abomination and blight upon this world!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"I must admit ...you religious types are hell on undead." Kalim holds.

That admission must have hurt. :-)

Desmond will hold to, "All yours guys.


Evil GM

Feli will sing a psalm of inspiration for the religious ones.


Evil GM

Initiative: RD 3

Wraith -
Kalim -
Karnog -
Desmond
Feli -
malcolm -
Grung

RD 3 Map


Evil GM

RD 3: Wraith

The last wraith reaches for the unholy scourge...

Karnog:

Wraith 1, touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17;dam: 1d6 ⇒ 1;con: 1d6 ⇒ 6

DC 17 fort save on con


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 fort (+2 if spell, SLA, poisons)

6,351 to 6,400 of 16,421 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.