Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


11,401 to 11,450 of 16,204 << first < prev | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | next > last >>

Female Drow, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, hp 10/23, P 13 (+1Traps), Init 4 1 Rog/3 Cleric, Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune magic sleep; Resist elven immunities; SR 10

The vampiress takes your wrists and then sinks her teeth into the inviting vein.

blood drain constitution damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

The pale dwarf hawks up another goblet of phlegm and lets it fly across the room. "Who'd sent you?" He eyes the party suspiciously as he picks up a few oddly shaped tools. "Enhance yer weapon ay' let me see it. Who'd sent you."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Hnnng..." Desmond clenches his teeth and grips her backside at the pain as his eyes flutter. Just...think...about...the money...


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"We are here of our own volition, cousin. We are beholden to no dwarf, elf, or man."

Dwarven: "Nor undead or demon, as I live and breathe."


Female Drow, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, hp 10/23, P 13 (+1Traps), Init 4 1 Rog/3 Cleric, Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune magic sleep; Resist elven immunities; SR 10

She sucks the sweet coppery nectar...eagerly. Feeling her power grow with each droplet, she decides to prolong her playful feast. She wiggles around a bit and shows the human her crimson chompers. "Round two..."

blood drain constitution damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Desmond:
Teasingly she drawing a bit more life before sitting up to undress for you. "Maybe just another taste in the morning before you go." The rest can be left to your imagination. I don't really want to kill you off either.


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

"We are here of our own volition, cousin. We are beholden to no dwarf, elf, or man."

Dwarven: "Nor undead or demon, as I live and breathe."

"Bah...how'd you surface folk..." he glances over at Nym. "well most you are anyhows, find me."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Truly, we were not looking for you or any other true dwarf. Our task is beyond that, and our encounter comes about due to your reputation as an enchanter of arms. An alchemist recommended you for my ally, here."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Pleased to see you brother. This here is Croaker. I would like to strengthen the enchantment on it to allow it to severely harm evil. Whatta ya say?

He puts Croaker on the counter. [ooc] go from +1 to +1 holy, or at least just a +2[ooc]


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

He smirks, "Alchemist y'say?" He rubs a callused hand over his face the spits through his fingers onto the floor. He looks at the "Croaker" without touching it. He sniffs it, then gingerly pokes at it. "Can't put no holy on it...don't know that type of magic. I can boost up d'enchantment though." He spits gain, this time in his hand and rubs them together. He picks up Croaker. "If any of you know that type of divine magic, I can help you out if you have the spell."

He twirls Croaker pretty deftly for wizard blacksmith. Certain he's a person who has swung a weapon in battle. "Now that's an interestin' weapon you've go your hip there." He looks at Grung while holding Croaker.

If you have holy smite to cast into the weapon he can prep the weapon for it for you. It'll cost you of course.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Undercommon:
"Friend of yours?"
Nym says to the group in general, but more toward Kalim.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I can do the magic, but not today. Perhaps we can make arrangements to make that happen at a layer time."

Karnog eyes the dwarf closely, especially as he talks about the death knight's weapon.

"Do you know the history of that blade? Perhaps you'd care to share your knowledge? "


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim shrugs, his tumor pulsating.


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

He starts to let the spittle gather in his mouth, he lets it ooze between his gaped front teeth then sucks it back in. He repeats this process over and over again until he finally speaks. "I know it belongs to a favorite of the demon lord himself. How it is now in y'possession I can only guessimate." He looks towards the doorway. "It's like a homin' beacon and oth'rs will track it." He says a few words of power and waves one hand over his head. A pale light aura flows clinging to the wooden interior of his building.

When he is finished with his spell he places Croaker down on a sturdy table. "How long till you 'ave th't magic, cuz the most I can give you is solid day...then they will find you 'ere." His eyes never leave Grung's hip. "There's an ol'lore 'bout that weapon."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"As you may have noticed, my magic comes from a being beyond this realm. If I can contact Him, it will take me until dawn to prepare the spell again. I have been led to believe that my connection will be limited in this area, though."

Karnog looks at the protective aura this dwarf just created and seems to relax just a little.

"More information about that, as well as any tales you could tell of this new weapon, would be appreciated."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 to id the spell the dwarf just cast.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

KnowArcane: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Ways to hide the weapon and owner?
Felicitas will oook around the shop and ask if Gruum can also enchant cloaks?


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

the best that Nym and Felicitas can tell is the wizard placed a divination sepll to mask the shop from scrying and/or aura detection.

"What enchantment on your cloak?'


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

dwarven:
I got it by burying Croaker in him.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Worry not of the graveknight's return. I destroyed his armor."


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

His bushy brow raises, "Well done..." he lets the compliment sink in before he smashes the party with the harsh reality, "...but..." he it comes, "did you kill Lord Naphrathoth, the fallen empyreal." he chuckles. "I didn't think so, or how about Orcus did you banish is avatar back to the abyss?"

He exhales, "You may have destroyed Patrol Captain Luther and the graveknight armor, but that is but a smear of evil lurking. "That weapon was once presented to Orcus himself and blessed by his unholy spirit. So you may have destroyed the graveknight but not demon lord's tie to the weapon."


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

"Now there is folk tale...some would call it a prophesy...others would call it a death wish that is part of the weapon's lore." He begins to shuffle through some tomes and parchment, "Let me see if I can find that parchment."

About 20 minutes later he located an old dusty scroll. "Always on the bottom, always on the bottom of the pile the story of my life."


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

"Here it is." He studies the ancient writings. He looks up eventually and rubs his beard. "I need a Strongdraught ale...so do you. Grab your tankards and lets have drink." He reveals a lichen covered oaken keg that has already been tapped. He pours himself first then steps aside.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

dwarven:
"Aye, I could use a drink."
"I must say that felt great to say in your language, my dwarven friends."
dwarven:
[b]"Could we not just disintegrate the axe as well? Also, could you enhance my circlet of Charisma?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Oh, indeed!"

Dwarven:

Spoiler:
"We've heard of the Fallen empyreal, the graveknight, and the many armed demon. We have destroyed the one, and at least banished the latter, but who knows where that fallen Lord is."

Karnog sits among the wizard dwarf's chairs, glad to take a draft of actual Dwarven ale.

"You seem to have have grasped our mission here, and it seems it is only half done. Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated, and I will be happy to recompense you for your trouble."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

My second Dwarven spoiler isn't working for me. Is it for you? I mean it won't expand.


Evil GM

No, Kalim, it didn't expand.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung sits and happily has some real ale


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Dang. Basically, Kalim asked if disintegration was enough for the ax, and if he could buff his charisma item.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"I would like to improve my protection against magical attacks!"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

GM:
Haha fair enough, I usually do a "fade to black" when it comes to things like this as well. I'll let her get off one more in the morning then find the party.

Morning Play: 1d4 ⇒ 1 6 in total I believe?


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym falls inline with everyone to grab a drink. When he reaches the keg he looks around to both sides, then shrugs and goes back to where he was standing.


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:
Nym falls inline with everyone to grab a drink. When he reaches the keg he looks around to both sides, then shrugs and goes back to where he was standing.

Do you not know how to pour a draft?


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

nothing to pour it into. Hence the looking around keg. He was looking for cups.


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

The blacksmith wizard pulls a couple more pints of ale - after he tosses the drow a pewter tankard - then he begins the story. "So, there's prophesy that one day a ragtag band of adventurers will defeat Orcus' chosen Patrol Captain and present his weapon." He nods towards Grung's hip. "That weapon that you carry. The legend says there will be a king among the group and another with kinky perversions." He gulps more of his draft and wipes his face with teh back of his hand. "That band of the brave are destined to battle with Demon Princess."

He pauses to let the story sink in and wait for the questions.


Female Drow, AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14, hp 10/23, P 13 (+1Traps), Init 4 1 Rog/3 Cleric, Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments Immune magic sleep; Resist elven immunities; SR 10

After an exhausting evening in the double wide coffin the vampiress slithers off her volunteer. Pleased with his performance she drops another felt pouch on his naked torso. "I was pleased. Have another token to remember me by."

She drops another 10,000 in various gems.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Ah, so kind to me..." Pale-faced, Desmond struggles to his feet and gives her a passing kiss on the cheek before half-blindingly starts stumbling his way back to the party. Alright. Worst. Hangover. Ever.

Is the rest of the party at the next morning yet? If so, where are they?


Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:

"Ah, so kind to me..." Pale-faced, Desmond struggles to his feet and gives her a passing kiss on the cheek before half-blindingly starts stumbling his way back to the party. Alright. Worst. Hangover. Ever.

Is the rest of the party at the next morning yet? If so, where are they?

Not quite yet, they have a bit of conversation they should do with Gruum to fill in the prophesy.

As far as where the group is, you should have figured that out BEFORE being lead lustfully to the vampiress crypt.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Oh. Right.

Desmond stumbles out into the blinding light. Isn't that ironic? And gazes around, then sighs. Forgot to ask them where they'd be. Oh well, I'm sure they stir up enough attention. Desmond makes his way back to the merchant they were talking to when he was whisked away.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Well don't that beat all. Where am I supposed to present this weapon? Are folks here waiting for this to happen, or is this like, the dreaded prophesy?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Seems rather specific for a prophecy. Although it seems we fit that description pretty darn well."

Karnog drains his tankard and pours another, listening intently as the wizard spills the tale.

"On a more personal tale, any ideas on how to get around the block between my Lord and myself. I take it the influence of the Prince of Undead is what causes it, but I've no idea how to get around it, or if that's even a possibility. "


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

"Well let me see what it says..." He unrolls a ancient scroll. "...it just mentions the weapon." He looks up. "But I do know this if you present that weapon to the denizen around here, you will face many many battles from every and anyone who is trying to incur favor with Orcus and his Commanders. You need to mask that thing...hide it's magic, hide it's aura."

He rubs his chin and scans the scroll some more. "Well, it does mention that for the wielder to survive they must weaken the Avatar by Consecrating the three Shrines of Power. This will weaken him by taking away abilities."

He goes on and mentions, "There is Upper Chapel of Orcus, Lower Chapel of Orcus, and Grand Chapel of Orcus.

Level 4 Upper level, 9 Lower Level, and 14 Grand Chapel respectively.

"It says here that the last and most powerful chapel may only be accessed by the secret door on Level 5, and that that door may only be opened by the key held by the high priest on Level 9.'

You've been on level 4 before that is were you found Meathead, you didn't go into the cavern far enough to get to the chapel.


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

He frowns and thinks about Karnog's question. He shakes his head back and forth, "I have heard that there is sporadic divine contact from other planes of existence that pulsate near the singing zombies beyond the Great Wall, then there are the tunnels away from here.

He is referring to 1A on the Map near where you entered the dungeon level. He is also referring to the tunnel you came through, essentially back tracking.

"I'm pretty sure that LORD NAPHRATHOTH, the FALLEN EMPYREAL COMMANDER is scouting for you and That weapon."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"You've been exceptionally helpful, master Gruum. If we have another hour to spend, I can create a spread for everyone to enjoy before we head out."

If no-one objects, Karnog casts hero's feast, creating food and drink for everyone to have their fill.

1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 temp HP for everyone, as well as remove disease & neutralize poison.

"So, I think it may be wise to take our leave soon, and head back to a higher level of this dungeon. If these chapels are the key to weakening the grip of Orcus in this place, we should take the opportunity to do so as soon as possible. Plus, if we can take on this fallen empyreal commander somewhere my magic works, we can have plenty of allies in the fight. Either way, I suggest we withdraw for now, regroup, and figure out our plan of attack a little better."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Grumm ...do you want to keep the axe? Or Karnog can you send it to your god somehow?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I was thinking about that. If we get the chance to call an outsider, perhaps we could have them bring it back to their home plane with them? I doubt a fallen empyreal would like to return to the higher planes in search for a weapon being held by the forces of Good."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Gruum Sharpest wrote:
The blacksmith wizard pulls a couple more pints of ale - after he tosses the drow a pewter tankard - then he begins the story.

Nym accepts the tankard with a nod then proceeds to fill it. He listens to the dwarf trying to decipher the word he is saying.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Seems like we should use the ax to bring the empyreal to us


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

undercommon to Nym:
"The graveknight's axe is a problem. We're discussing ways to deal with it."

dwarven:
"Forethought and strategy, King Grungsdi. Let us cripple him first."


M Dwarf, HP 87 NPC, fighter3/Expert5/wiz5

The weaponsmith looks up at his protective barrier then nods to Karnog. "Take your rest, I'll get working on 'Croaker'" He gets up and pulls another draft chugging it it down in one single gulp. He spits on the ground and picks up Grung's axe and begins his work.

Before doing so, he motions to Felicatas, "Your cloak what are you looking for?"


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Undercommon:
"Oh, very good. We need to definitely need to get rid of it. I have bad feeling adout that thing."
11,401 to 11,450 of 16,204 << first < prev | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | 232 | 233 | 234 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.