Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


5,751 to 5,800 of 16,204 << first < prev | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Grung you don't see much other then the tops of corn swaying back and forth.

aurora:
You notice a snorting sound in addition to the swaying corn tops. What ever it is it's smaller then the 3 to 4 feet corn stalks. Most likely a vermin or animal of some sort looking for food.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Aurora thinks it´s an animal. Small one. Maybe hunting for food. We should be save."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Bah. Waste o 'yer sleep. But better to be safe I figure.

Grung says as he unloads his sling.


Evil GM

The rest of the evening goes by uneventfully after the false alarm.


Evil GM

The next morning arrives Karnog prays, the spellcasters study and the rest get ready for the walk.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I confess I am taking unexpected joy in my role of toygiver."


Evil GM

After another day and half of travel the group does arrive at the orcs compound. The orcs greet you with excitement and vigor. Several bow down to Karnog speaking orcish words of praise and grace.

What are you all doing? I assume you are giving them the supplies and a spending a day or two with them teaching them.


The orc children surround Kalim and his sack full of toys, items they have rarely seen but the most hearting fact is the how the orcs are. Of course it helps that there is no shortage of toys, thus no conflict between the kids.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim would like a chance to teach some ...errr ...natural philosophy.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Actually ...I think-and Kalim does too-each PC should present their beliefs or philosophy to them, equally.


Evil GM

You all can preach, teach or spread knowledge however you choose. Right now, the orc children like the person giving them toys.

The wood horses and soldiers are crashed into others, while some of the orcs drag and get protective with soft cloth dolls. Most of the play involves the victor eating another toy.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond has another bout of snickering as the orcs bow to Karnog.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung frowns, unsure what to make of it all. He activates his beer mug and drinks as he watches.

not too different from other races younglings.

Not one to preach he observes the play and if a squabble erupts he plucks them apart.


A female orc with a half tusk tries to get friendly with Desmond, speaking in what would be gibberish to scout, he can only assume what she is offering him. Something about skins, a goat and furs.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog takes the elder females and any of the males aside and explains as best he can of Torag, the worth of honest labor, and the importance of community.

He prays with the entire tribe (a brief homily in orcish extolling the virtues of Torag) before doing what he can to teach some stonecraft and metal-working skills.

Using stone shape and the tools they brought, he sets up an effective forge and a crude, if serviceable fire-fuelled oven.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 craft stoneworking to make an oven.


Evil GM

Only 3 adult males remain alive.

The orcs are in awe how fast and precision-like Karnog's stoneworking is, and the fact that he actually built something.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Sitting a bit aside, Felicitas writes down what she sees, and speaks to the orcs in turn about their hopes and dreams. Aurora also sits close by, not entirely happy with the situation, as this is something quite strange to him.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcom stands back as well, and he simply watches what is taking place. He notices Felicitas taking notes, and Aurora staying out of the situation, as he is.

Aurora, while I would not begrudge Karnog his efforts. I am at a loss to participate. Giving things to people, especially Orcs, without having them learn how to earn it themselves seems pointless. They will waste what they have been given and resort to their normal tendencies, I fear.


Male, Ac 22,T16,FF18, F4,R6,W5, Fly 23, Dipl +9Perception 12, Stealth 17,UMD 13 SR 13 Ini+3 Faerie Dragon Familiar

"Still.. it is an interesting experiment. I am not entirely convinced it will work. What is next on your to-do list?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Brother Malcolm, I appreciate your position, but have an alternate proposition; these orcs were without hope of ever following the path of Good and Law. It simply was not in the cards, nor in their nature or the nature of their culture. But we have broken that chain of cultural enslavement. We overthrew those who enforced that idea, through might, terror, and unspeakable acts."

Gesturing to the children at play with toys, while the adults toil to set up the camp and learn what they can from Karnog, he continues, "Look around you. Were these humans, elves, halflings, or even dwarves, would you expect them to behave differently. Those who oppressed them are gone, and now they see a light in the distance, one which may just bring them lasting prosperity and success. I know it may seem like 'charity' at this moment, but think of it as an investment. One not likely to return coin and gems on interest, but one which will increase the Good and Law in the world. One which will possibly bring the word and work of the All Creator to our age-old enemies. Who knows? This could be the pebble which starts the landslide of change in the orcish world."

Taking a deep draught from his tankard and wiping sweaty grime off his forehead, Karnog smiles, "All I know is this; I have to try." With that, he turns back to the work at hand.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Friend, Karnog, as I said. I cannot, and do not begrudge your efforts. I just have doubts on the investment that you make. It is certainly noble, but I have seen no evidence that Orcs will ever become anything more beneficial tyo themselves or society. Who knows? You maybe right, and we can only hope that you are. I certainly would not an enemy at our back.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Come Cavendish! Come fill your glass and drink with me.

Grung says as he sips his beer, knowing he doesn't have another mug today.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Gladly, Grungsdi...gladly.

Malcolm grabs a mug from the area and steps to Grungsdi for a fill of the fine brew.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung is using his magic mug, I assume Malcolm has one as well


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond crosses his arms and looks at Malcolm. "I'm actually with Karnog on this one. A little with Kalim as well. Just because they're orcs doesn't mean we can treat them any different. Only ones I don't care for is the men who attack me on sight."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

That's fine, Des, I am not arguing the actions, but simply that I do not feel that we will get the return that we anticipate based upon the fact that they are indeed Orcs. That is a direct deduction of everything that I have seen in my past when dealing with this particular race. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.


Evil GM

Grung everyone has the everful mug.


Evil GM

Fast forwarding unless there is something specific you want to do with the orcs.

The orcs are appreciative of the goods and teachings; of course, they urge you to come back when in the area.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

I'm ready to proceed. Next morning?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

ready


Evil GM

Everyone take a look a the overall map in the camp tab, tell me where you intend to go. There has been discussion about heading to the graveyard, but this is actually sandboxy from my POV.

The group huddles to discuss their next action and which way they are going to proceed. The orcs managed to hunt down a wild boar and the meat has been seasoned, it's not the worst meal that you've had, and in fact, Karnog and Kalim are sort of peacock-like as they eat.


Evil GM

DM Only:

20%: 1d100 ⇒ 21
joy: 1d16 ⇒ 6

20%: 1d100 ⇒ 51
joy: 1d16 ⇒ 14

30%: 1d100 ⇒ 28
joy: 1d16 ⇒ 14

30%: 1d100 ⇒ 13
joy: 1d16 ⇒ 2

40%: 1d100 ⇒ 56
joy: 1d16 ⇒ 3

50%: 1d100 ⇒ 90
joy: 1d16 ⇒ 11


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung bothers the others, asking for one of them to loan him their everful mug


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog complies with Grungsdi's request without hesitation.


Evil GM

I would have assumed you brought a small pony keg for the trip.

The group rests peacefully for the evening, waking to the small of some meat cooking in the orcs home.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

oh i think i did actually...i know i meant to but i thought forgot, but now that you mention it maybe i did.


Evil GM

If you didn't we'll just say Nib gave you one as a present along with the cart and ox.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Graveyard it is...ready!


Evil GM

As late afternoon approaches (4:00pm) the group figures they are maybe an hour from the grave site. Desmond scouts ahead as the group travel up a narrow footpath that gradually ascends.

Des perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Is Aurora scouting from the trees.
Aurora perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

The fairydragon flutters back down a bit out of breath and in a panic.

Aurora:

"Ogres, lots of ogres." Panting a bit, Thirteen of them! Must be a raiding party about 50 yards up the way. They seem to be resting a bit." Aurora would explain that these beasts are mostly east of the trail, (you are heading in southern direction) and if you swing farther west off the trail and in the woods, you may be able to avoid the party.

Map


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Now that can't be good."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Feliciatas looks for a moment worried:"Usually Aurora and me would hide now, but I think this time we can try to tackle them. You seem like a group who can really handle their own. How can we help you?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Just my idea of fun! Grung unlimbers his shield and loads his sling.

I wouldn't mind some embiggening...


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Ogres, not orcs?" Desmond rubs at his stubble. "Those are quite a bit more dangerous."


Male, Ac 22,T16,FF18, F4,R6,W5, Fly 23, Dipl +9Perception 12, Stealth 17,UMD 13 SR 13 Ini+3 Faerie Dragon Familiar

Aurora flutters to Desmond and says:"Yes Ogres.Large humanoids, strong, clumsy, for their stupidness hard to influence. Usually armed with crude weapons and armor. Their hobbies are pillaging, murdering, torture and cannibalism."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

One again. Felicitas will use twice per day gallant inspiration. Add 2d4 to a skill check. So if anyone of you fails their attack or skill roll by a little margin, he can use it. Please say so in capital letters. First two ask, first two get.
"They are quite close to the orc-village, and those are defenseless against the ogres. I would fill Desmond with a bit of luck, with a spell called heroism, and then closer to battle weave an incanation to give us all a bit more speed. Aurora will stay invisible and trick the enemy with a mirage or similar things. Also I will sing a ballad to fill you with a lust for battle. That is what I could do!"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"A pack of ogres? Grungsdi, this is a good day, indeed! What say we take the fight to them?"

Karnog casts barkskin on himself, and once battle has been decided upon:

Shield of faith on Desmond, Protection from Evil on himself, and Bull's Strength on himself.

"We need a chokepoint or some means to funnel them; Grungdsi, Malcolm, and myself can take them toe-to-toe, while the rest flank and try to pick them off or finish up the wounded. Remember: focus your attacks and we'll bring them down fast, one at a time."


Evil GM

You are actually not real close to the orc village, you are much much closer to the Dungeon Graveyard. The foothills are teaming with all sorts of nastiness.

Aurora would have see most of the orgres do have crude weapons and pickmeal armor.


Evil GM

The group moves forward towards the ogres using the trees for some cover, but the snapping branches under foot are loud. they want a better view of what is in store for them. They see there are 13 ogres milling about, they will be difficult to sweep behind since there are sttep cliff behind them.

Everyone make a stealth check and a perception check.

Map


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas:
stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Aurora
stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Aid Felicitas
stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
If Aurora can aid Felicitas add 2 to stealth and perception


Evil GM

Updated Map, I left one of the Ogres off

Aurora Only:

The tiny one has an uneasy feeling about this, perhaps it's the fac that you have to actually be brave, but then his instinct is something more terrifying ancestral is lurking around.

Rather than aiding in steath, he flutters to the top of the tree line toget a peak above and he sees IT there's a huge red dragon perched on the stony cliff. He's watching both the ogres and your group. His wings are tucked.

He is above everyone, in the A through B- hexes, 2 through 4.

5,751 to 5,800 of 16,204 << first < prev | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.