Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


13,951 to 14,000 of 16,204 << first < prev | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | next > last >>

Nym Omriwin wrote:
except the ax

She sold the ax...unless you try to interrupt the sale.

With the dark elf's gargled common Nib shruggs, "W..w...wh...what?" he shakes his head clearly confused by the broken language. "No idea what you're saying, but after I conclude our business, I'll be happy to direct you to a nice book with pretty pictures."


"Well you can at the right time...walls will help. Definitely ease the tension on the forces. How many do you have and when can you get more. The eastern side has been probed all day and could use some reinforcement there. I hear they had a flying demon shooting lightning and fire from his eyes and thorny whip. Decimated two squads I hear. Korg himself had to step in to fill the gap...ain't much that can withstand his axe." The Captain says proudly Karnog and Kalim.


Evil GM

Felicitas:
You are absolutely convinced that there is only on person who has the fortitude, grace, and integrity to safely hang onto the dwarven war axe. You know she will protect with her life...it must go to Lt. Melissaa Loreman.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung looks around for another dwarf or a burly half orc/orc and will challenge him to a drinking contest


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"A well, I think the axe has to go to Melissaa Loreman!"
Nodding to herself she adds, "Yes indeed!"


"I can outdreeek da' two of ya." The burly tavern goer announces. "Let's do it...ya bett'r git some new britches cuz yer gonna piss yerself.' He bellows. several within the bar cheer at his proclamation.

He clanks his tankard into Grung's to signal the start.


Felicitas Sweetfingers wrote:

"A well, I think the axe has to go to Melissaa Loreman!"

Nodding to herself she adds, "Yes indeed!"

"yes...yes...you should do just that....yes."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Oh boy, not this again... stupid cursed axes

"I have one wall of stone remaining today, and can shape stone as needed once more. The fabricate spell I can cast once, and if we need, I can create a temporary structure or similar object. If wood. That will last about a day and a half, if metal then half that. All my magic will be available come morning, as well as the healing blessings of Torag."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I can create three 140-foot walls of iron."


Evil GM

As you walk the defensive perimeters you see where you can shore up the lines, you also come across a beaten up group of soldiers. You can tell they've had a hard fought day, several are bandaged while others are repairing equipment. They will be grateful fo any aid.

You suspect that the Varl's weapon shop is packed with customers.


Evil GM

Felicitas:
You have an urgent urge to go get a drink at the Slywink tavern, you suspect that heart's desire my be there...Melissaa Loreman. You seem to miss her.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

With purpose Felicitas quickly moves toward the Slywink tavern.
Once there she tries to find Melissaa.


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

Desmond in the Raging ORc you can find your fair share of serving wenches and women of high moral esteem. So, you have plenty of entertainment to keep you busy for the night.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

Felicitas you enter the Slywink and quickly find the lieutenant sitting at a table chatting with a couple patron, including an officer. She has a dour look on her face as the officer gestures. Clearly she is unhappy with the discussion and news.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog stops by the group of soldiers and begins making his way, stopping by each one and speaking briefly with them. He touches whatever equipment they work on, blessing them and handing out curative potions.

Once they are all gathered closely enough, he uses his last channel of the day and heals them for 7d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 2, 1, 3, 4) = 19 HP.

"If any of your gear is broken, please bring it here and I will return it to the proper condition. And remember to use those potions as you need, they do no one any good collecting dust in a pouch.

Casting mending on any weapons or armor with the actual broken condition, and giving out CLW potions.


Evil GM

Are you giving all 41 CLW potions out Karnog? They will take any and all goods and services offered.

'THANK YOU." one man says with gusto.

Another adds, 'Blessin' truly is."

A third replies, "We live to fight another day!"

"Bring on the enemy."

"T'anks bro."

As chorus of goodwill continues.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grunt starts drinking pint for pint

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 = 33 fort vs poison

ya gotta do better buddy!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

I'll reserve 2 each for the party, so well keep 12 CLW options. Other than that, freel uh distributing the rest.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Knowing he is a formidable drinker amongst humans but a pathetic one amongst dwarves, Desmond focuses his efforts on being Grungsdi's hype man and getting the crowd to cheer on with him!


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

gm about the ax:
Nym Omriwin wrote:

lol didnt post my action last night. i had it typed. I kind of thought we had all gone to Nib's first to check in. So going with that Nym would have been at Nib.s

if able to

"No d'a ask."

[dice=will]1d20 +8
[dice=will]1d20 +8

After the selling

"Nib is may be goood for Nym to stay no see."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Felicitas Sweetfingers wrote:

"A well, I think the axe has to go to Melissaa Loreman!"

Nodding to herself she adds, "Yes indeed!"

"No! Ask is des'roy"

undercommon:
"No Fel'ctisas, we must destroy the ax!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Melissaa Loreman, NPC wrote:

Felicitas you enter the Slywink and quickly find the lieutenant sitting at a table chatting with a couple patron, including an officer. She has a dour look on her face as the officer gestures. Clearly she is unhappy with the discussion and news.

Nym hot on Felicitas tail chittering the whole way about needs of destroying that cursed ax. His rapeir appears in his hand and he tucks it into his belt.

gm:
as soon as Felicitas pulls the ax out Nym will set his gloved hand on it and pull it in to the glove (GLOVES OF STORING)


Evil GM
Nib Grumepgarth, NPC wrote:
Nym Omriwin wrote:
except the ax

She sold the ax...unless you try to interrupt the sale.

With the dark elf's gargled common Nib shruggs, "W..w...wh...what?" he shakes his head clearly confused by the broken language. "No idea what you're saying, but after I conclude our business, I'll be happy to direct you to a nice book with pretty pictures."

Nym:
I figured out your were trying to inject in the ax sale. Since your common is pretty broken up, I had a bit of fun with Nib's reaction. So far, Felicitas has not presented the ax to the Lt but she was looking for the her.

F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

Melissaa looks up from her conversation when Felicitas enters - followed closely by Nym - and her mood brightens up. She waves. Then says something to the officers at her table, they in turn get up and bow to her. Knowledge nobility if you want to make the roll.

To your eyes it is clear that the Melissaa has cleaned up and changed. She no longer has blood and gore smeared across her body. Her long brown hair is pulled back and braided.


Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:
Knowing he is a formidable drinker amongst humans but a pathetic one amongst dwarves, Desmond focuses his efforts on being Grungsdi's hype man and getting the crowd to cheer on with him!

The crowd roars as Grung and his drinking partner chug several tankards of ale. the level of excitement builds when the bartender pulls out the Orc Firewhiskey. He pours four generous shots for the sporting fellows.

"NOW LETS SEE WHOSE STUMAK"S IRON!"


fort save alcohol poisoning from excessive consumption: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

The burly fellow slams his shots and belches. He slams his last empty glass on the bar.

"Anoth'r round...b'rkeep."


Evil GM

Here's a quick summary of everyone's location and current actions.

Karnog and kalim are just outside the town adding reinforcement and healing to the perimeter and troops.

Grung and Desmond are entertaining the off-duty mercenaries and townies with rauckus drinking games. This is at the Raging Orc Saloon.

Felicitas, aurora, and Nym sold some items at Nib's shop and then Felicitas decided to go track down Lt. Melissaa Loreman. Nym is right on her heals as they entered the Slywink Tavern.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

Perception checks

Felic: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Nym: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

The two of you clearly see Melissaa wink in a flirtatious manner at Felicitas.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Orc whiskey! Bahahahha. Let’s do it!

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 2 = 32

Grung then fills his everfull mug and chased the way whiskey


Desmond inspires Grung to keep drinking. The roar of the crowd gets louder and louder. the bartender pours another round and Boris eagerly pounds it down.

fort save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

He suddenly gags a bit and orc firewhiskey sprays out of his nose. Burning intensely...the man swoons and falls off his seat. He's out cold.

Grung you need at least an 20 to stay upright.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!" Desmond screams in anticipation of victory. "Cmon you big beautiful bastard just survive one more and you're the king!"


Evil GM

Karnog and Kalim:

there is 40% chance that the defensive lines will be probed while you are doing your fortifications.

probe: 1d100 ⇒ 25

Since there is probe, lets see where it happens in relationship to you.
There is 20% chance at your location, the next 20% is to the north of your location, the next 20% is to your south , the remaining is on the other side of the town.

where is the probe: 1d100 ⇒ 17

As you are putting up the walls there is an attack at your location, a test of the new barricades.

You have 1 rd to get ready for battle.


Evil GM

Quick summary of actions and postions:

Karnog and Kalim are at the outer defenses and they hav eone round to prepare for battle.

Grung and Desmond are in the Raging Orc Saloon and Grung is about to have another drink to see if he is winner.

Felicitas and Nym are in the Slywink Tavern approaching Lt. Loreman.


Evil GM

"GRUNG...GRUNG...GRUNG..." The chants roar.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 = 33 fort

Grung slams down the next drink, he doesn't even grimage

Now! That is a good night! Men, in the morning we fight, remember the comradery of this evening on the morrow, these are your bothers and sisters! We fight together, we live together, and we will get to drink together tomorrow!

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 diplo


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog casts shield and draws his hammer.

"Looks like we put these new defenses to the test lads. Stay strong, and we'll drive them back. Send a runner to the tavern, tell King Grungsdi he's needed a th the wall!"


Grungsdi wrote:

1d20+14+2 fort

Grung slams down the next drink, he doesn't even grimage

Now! That is a good night! Men, in the morning we fight, remember the comradery of this evening on the morrow, these are your bothers and sisters! We fight together, we live together, and we will get to drink together tomorrow!

1d20+1 diplo

"YES WE FIGHT TOMORROW." the general roar goes up.


Evil GM

Kalim what are you going to do. Both of you what's your spell/scroll/wands situation looking like?


Evil GM

Felicitas and Nym I'm still waiting to see your interactions with LT Loreman and the axe.


Evil GM

DM Only:

random roll: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Evil GM

Nym:
Nym to your eye and social instincts it does look like there is physical attraction between the LT and Felic. It looks like they are about to "hook-up" for a few hours.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas moves forward and the smile is a true and honest one.
"I admit, I was looking for you. You see, this town will need able defenders and I think the best defense I can give you is to arm you properly. You see there is an axe that we found. I would feel a lot safer if you used it!"


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

"An axe...hmm...let's see it."


Evil GM

Nym:
I need you to make Will save for me.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

sense motive for lt and Fel: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Nym has no idea why the two ladies are flirting with each other

will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 +2 if enchantment

Nym will reach out and grab the axe as Felicitas pulls it out and wisks it to the pocket dimention in his glove

grab ax(touch attack): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Im assuming that needs to be an attack attack if not he'll cast (sl)darkness


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Did Kalim do the Iron Walls yet? Either way he's got spells.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Spells are kinda limited, but I have plenty of healing to go around. And my hammer and shield, obviously.

Resources Remaining:
Spells Prepared (Caster Level 14, Concentration +20, Save DC 16+Spell Level)
Domains: Artifice/ Defense (Protection)
Orisons: create water, purify food & drink, resistance, spark
1st (4+1+2): ant haul, bless, remove fear(b), protection from evil, comprehend languages, shield(d), shield of faith (b)
2nd (4+1+2): bull's strength, bear's endurance, barkskin(d), lesser restoration, silence, consecrate, resist energy(b)
3rd (4+1+1): dispel magic, stone shape(d), resist energy (communal), align weapon (communal), remove blindness/deafness, invisibility purge
4th (4+1+1): restoration, air walk, spell immunity(d), lesser planar ally, blessing of fervor
5th (3+1+1): summon monster V, wall of stone, angelic aspect, fabricate (d), breath of life (b)
6th (2+1+1):heal (b), hero's feast, major creation (d), planar ally, animate objects
7th (1+1): wall of iron (d), control weather, summon monster VII

Scrolls: CLW (8), scroll of ant haul (3), scroll of comprehend languages (2), scroll of detect undead, scroll of endure elements (2), scroll of hide from undead (2), scroll of magic weapon, scroll of obscuring mist, scroll of remove fear, consecrate (8)

Potions: CLW (3; 1d8+3) ,CMW (2; 2d8+6), magic weapon, anti-toxin

Wand: CLW (50 charges), Lesser Restoration (3 charges), CMW (21 charges), CSW (50 charges)

Combat Gear: Tanglefoot Bags (2), Rod of Extend, Lesser [x][][], Pearl of Power (1st lvl), silver dust (250gp), holy water (10)

Special Powers: Deflection Aura, Dancing Weapons (2), and Protective Aura still left. 2 Second Winds. No channels remain, sadly.


Evil GM

Nym:
Telepathically you get a message. Go find Grung.


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Did Kalim do the Iron Walls yet? Either way he's got spells.

You had plenty of time to cast your iron wall spells.


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

Desmond

The friendly entertainment slinks on over to you. "Buy me a drink or two?"

Desmond and Grung you are not aware of the conflict at the outer defenses. At least now yet, the alarm has yet to be raised.

13,951 to 14,000 of 16,204 << first < prev | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.