Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


15,701 to 15,750 of 16,204 << first < prev | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Should be 60 damage, boss. Fireball usually caps at 10d6, Kalim rolled 15 for the swarm/horde vulnerabilities

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 reflex vs 40 fire. Save for 20, energy resistance 30 negates that.

The wash of fire (and likely zombie bits) covers Karnog briefly, but leaves the dwarf completely unscathed.

"Use the walls to bottle them up, if you can. Kalim and I can keep blasting them, at least for the time being. Nym, got any more big blast spells?"


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Everyone make a reflex save for Kalim's fireball.

Need a SR roll from Kalim


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Karnog is right, already did the 50%.SR: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (7) + 27 = 34


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

ref: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

hp 93


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Sorry, Nym. Getting past SR is huge if one wants to DESTROY THE VOID.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Sorry, Nym. Getting past SR is huge if one wants to DESTROY THE VOID.

All good. Need figure out how to get mine that high.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Save vs Magic: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Duncan Failed the save but still has 9rds Improved Energy Resistance from his Sacred Armour, so he only takes 40 of the 60 damage

The flame rolls across the horde and the dwarf. Searing his uncovered Face and burning his beard, but he endured as usual.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Status at end of this round. 4/10 Blessings left, 6/12 Fervour left, 9 rds sacred Armor left. 81/103HP left. Longsword is Fire/Undead Hand for 10rds
Durned Bastard Undead!

Duncan uses a Swift Action to LOH on himself Sacred Healing: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 1, 5) = 21

Then still on his back draws his hand along his sword blade. Think the Fire worshipers from Game of Thrones lightning their blades

spending 2 uses of Blessings for CLEANSING FIRE:
Cleansing Fire (major): At 10th level, you can touch a weapon and grant it either the flaming or undead–bane weapon special ability for 1 minute. If you spend two uses of your blessing when activating this ability, the weapon can have both weapon special abilities..

He then jostled his was to his feet among the throng. If he was going to die, it would be standing.


Evil GM

Initiative Order RD 2

Enemy zombie horde -
Grung -
Karnog
Nym -
Desmond
Kalim
Duncan

RD 2 Map

*Nym I'm not sure where, if anywhere , you moved to.
** Grung I did enlarge your character.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Continued from Round 2

[spoiler=Necklace of FireBalls]If the necklace is being worn or carried by a character who fails her saving throw against a magical fire attack, the item must make a saving throw as well (with a save bonus of +7). If the necklace fails to save, all its remaining spheres detonate simultaneously, often with regrettable consequences for the wearer.[/ooc]

Necklace Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

The pearls sorrounding the Necklace of fireballs crack and burst under the heat from the casting, erupting in multiple blasts of fire, resonating outward.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Initiative Order RD 2

*Nym I'm not sure where, if anywhere , you moved to.

Since I meleed i would say Im 5 feet forward of where I am on the map. But leave me in that spot because I'll be 5foot stepping away from the horde on my next turn.


Evil GM

I'll get a post up later this afternoon.


the zombie horde shuffles forward 5 feet and attacks: Duncan, Nym, King Grung.

Karnog is flying overhead so he is not in range

Updated Map

auto hit from being in the mass: 7d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 2, 6, 1, 2) = 16

if there are more than 20 HP of damage then they rend for
rend: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) = 10

Tearing and ripping flesh, looking for fresh meat to devour.


Evil GM

I suck!


Evil GM

RD 2 update

Enemy zombie horde - 16 Hp of damage to Grung, Duncan, Nym
Grung -
Karnog
Nym -
Desmond
Kalim
Duncan


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim cackles as he releases another Fireball. DC 21: 15d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 6, 1, 5, 4, 5, 2, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 1) = 49SR: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (20) + 27 = 47 "Sometimes, they're classics for a reason!"


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

That's 33 or 17 damage to non-hordes.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21reflex

No damage to Karnog thanks to resist fire and save.

"Keep up the pressure! Burn them and destroy the horde!"

Karnog channels again, causes a burst of holy radiance to wash over the zombies once more.

8d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5) = 36 positive energy, (*1.5=54) DC 18 for half


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12
Nym Omriwin wrote:

"These coinz look nothing zpecial, but thiz lookz interezting" say Nym as he poke at a necklace next to a skull with his sword.

necklace details:
A burnt copper necklace with three small globes remaining on it. Fireball necklace a 7d6, a 4d6, and a 3d6 fireball remains.

Save Vs Fireball: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

As the 2nd fireball rolls in Duncan is better prepared for this one, the combination if his dwarven magical resistance and Sacred Armour negating the flames entirely.

The Blast and the heat however did trigger a memory like a Mailed punch to the face.
He dropped his shield, yet instead of Two handing his Sword which glowed angrily with Flame and Holy Power he instead reached for the Amulet at his throat and grabbed the largest bead and hurled it at his feet.

I can take it ye dammed dead. CAN YE?!

Biggest Fireball: 7d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 6, 2, 4, 5) = 24plus 50% vs Swarm so 36 if the swarm fails and 18 if it saves, Ref DC 14
Duncan Save vs his own Fireball: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Duncan makes the save and Sacred Armor negates the damage


zombie reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

zombie will: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

The oldie-but-a-goodie fireball wrecks havoc in the horde but they manage battle through the flames. Then the positive energy blasts hit but their evil Will overcomes part of the damage. The horde is burnt but still clawing and scratching in unison.

save from Duncan's fireball: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

The horde is still up.

Grung, Nym, Desmond are up.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym waves his arm back and forth then snaps it forward like a like a snake striking. A firey serpent springs from his finger slithering its way through the mass of undead.

Fire Snake up to 60 feet of movement. If Nym can tell where Duncan is he will avoid hitting him. The snake wi hit as much as it can
Fire Snake: 12d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 6, 1, 3, 2, 4, 2, 4, 5, 5) = 42 ref 20 for half

Casting Defensively: 1d20 + 12 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 5 = 31 vs 25


reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

The brain eaters are destroyed. No need to playout the individual zombie that survived they wouldn't be able to do much if anything to you.


Evil GM

Updated Map Post zombie horde

After the horde is destroyed you see roughly carved hallway, it has ruins drawn all over it and there are pictures of demons feeding on mortals spaced on the tile flooring. There is no door at the other end of the hallway but you can not see into the end even with your darkvision.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"The way things have been going, I really needed that. Well done, you lot."


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12
Brain Eater wrote:

[dice=reflex]1d20+12

The brain eaters are destroyed. No need to playout the individual zombie that survived they wouldn't be able to do much if anything to you.

Oh, yes I will thank you

Duncan flies into a whirl of Flaming Two handed chops at the remaining undead things, he'd invested a portion of his deities power into his weapon and he was not going to waste the opportunity to send the wretched things back to hell.

Even his scabbard seemed pleased at the outcome of the battle.
Yes, good dwarf. The Lady herself despises the undead. Chop away! The corruption of this place animates the rotten masses of those already fallen once to the evil here. Rid the world of their menace once again, In the name of the Inheritor!

Amid the flying limbs and squishy noises Duncan mused at how far he had come in his faith, remembering the earlier days when such vermin actually posed a challenge for one such as he.
Then he remembered the fear undead could still inspire among those not fortunate to be Chosen to weild the power of a goddess and finished his melee, saying a quick prayer for those whom could not defend against such things.

He moved to pick up his shield and kept his sword out for now, no point in putting it away while the Undead Bane fire still burned.

That was quick. But I think we need to move. This spot seems ta be drawin attention...or maybe that damned bead is.


Evil GM

Nym make a Will save.


Evil GM

What is everyone's intent?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Reflex: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 361d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29 I have evasion, so no damage from either fireball

Desmond jumps around the fire with ease, but the zombies slowly cut and claw at him. Once they're gone he collapses, holding his wounds. "Alright, I'm about done with those hoards. Thank the gods for fireballs."

Desmond is at 35/134 hp, although currently he's capped at 102 max hp from the unholy damage.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

will: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Oh yeah forgot about that. Need to go back and see how much of that I have too


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

ref for Kalim second Fireball: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Thought we had gotten a burst heal along the way, but was mistaken.

HP 48
Unholy 17
Current total HP 31

pot of CCW: 4d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 4) + 8 = 26
pot of CSW: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) + 5 = 15

HP 89
Unholy 17
Current total HP 72


Evil GM

Nym:
I like you a lot. I want to bestow special powers upon you to make you GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT. Why do you always get the left over treasure? Hmmmm. All here are lesser than you, you deserve to be the leader and get the leaders spoils. This sure sounds appealing to you.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog looks over the group with an appraising eye, then down at the mass of destroyed undead.

[B]"We are rapidly approaching a point where I can contribute little in a combat. I'm good for another fight or two, but something else like that giant, and we'll be sorely pressed to succeed. Is there an altar nearby? I could consecrate at least one, and then we retreat and regroup. "[/b)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

catching up! yes I would have a -1

1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30 takes 30

Grung comes back to. So what just happenned, I got lost in Kalim's void black eyes for a bit. You can fall into those things and never come out if you arent careful.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

gm:
well yeah i am a drow and they are just surface creatures

Evil GM

Nym:
The altar will grant YOU an enormous treasure but it must be preserved. I'll show you the way.


Evil GM

What is everyone want to do?


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Before moving off, Duncan clasps his sword between his hands sending a Healing wave across the whole party.

I was gonna use this on the horde if we ran out of fire, but everyone is lookin pretty beat up.I'm with brother Karnog on this. I still have plenty o spells left but most are fer making me better at swinging me sword. I can be a healing battery for a bit if we need but don't look ta me fer any problem solvin magic. Best I can do is have one of ye ignore an affliction fer a time, bless everyone with some fervor in battle or raise one person from the dead only if they just been killed. Then I'm out.
Spell Sacrifice Mass Ghostbane Dirge for Mass Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

HP 111
Unholy 17
Current total HP 94

Nym holds up gem looking deep into it.

undercommon:
"You are wise and powerful. Show me the way."

Karnog, Nym will take a CCW, 2 CSW, and 3 CMW


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

I'm still about 45 hp down from max, if we're continuing forward I would appreciate some more healing.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog looks at Desmond and Nym, seeing the drow pounding down potions like a newly old-age dwarf at a brewery. He nods to the spellsword and begins digging out potions for Desmond.

4d8 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 5) + 8 = 24 CCW
3d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 8, 4) + 5 = 21 CSW

"Here, lad, drink these. That should see to your worst wounds, at least."

He peeks over everyone else and then looks past the newly opened "dead inside" door.

"So, further on and then find someplace to hole up, or retreat and regroup? I am good for a couple more battles, and we do have healing in the way of consumables remaining."


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Duncan sheathes his sword and readies the shield as he motions Desmond to come forward.
Come on Sneak, we ain't out O this, so git ta backstabbin and we'll patch ye up on the run


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond drinks the potions with a nod of thanks.

Desmond is as high as he can get with his unholy damage!

"I can fight as long as you can heal me, my only resource is still breathing." He quips.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
we do have healing in the way of consumables remaining."[/b]

Karnog just fyi Nym is taking those from the inventory sheet to replace previously used


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

"Wez shööld móvez fôrwardz"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|
Nym Omriwin wrote:
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
we do have healing in the way of consumables remaining."[/b]
Karnog just fyi Nym is taking those from the inventory sheet to replace previously used

[/ooc]Noted, and deducted from the total. Thanks.[/ooc]


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I am fine. Most of my most powerful spells are spent but that should be a small inconvenience. Our infantry is formidable."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Aww, thanks Witch. I never knew ye cared. Yer alright as well, desipite bein a godless heathen. Ye keep adventurin wit goodly dwarves an we'll make a hero outta ye yet.

Duncan takes up his spot behind Desmond and once again walks 5ft up sideways along the walls to avoid any pressure traps that might be in the floor and to gain a height advantage should any foe be skulking along that side.

Lead the way sneak.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Your Majesty, I would suggest that Kalim has performed quite enough acts of heroism and bravery to be awarded that title. A hero is not defined by his or her worship, but by their actions and choices against Evil itself. And Kalim does more than his part there."

Karnog lays a (currently slightly glowing and angelic) hand on the sorcerer's shoulder, smiling widely.

"As to his religious beliefs...let's just say we've agreed to disagree."

"So, onwards then? Towards more certain doom and undead menace?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"I am fine. Most of my most powerful spells are spent but that should be a small inconvenience. "

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Finally....YESSSSSSSSSSSS. It's only taken me 5 full months to get to this point in a single day in the life of an adventurer.

15,701 to 15,750 of 16,204 << first < prev | 310 | 311 | 312 | 313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.