Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


14,151 to 14,200 of 16,204 << first < prev | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | next > last >>

Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:

Dm it is +5 at the moment which I believe overcomes all the dr. I know it overcomes silver, and I think +4 gets the good?dr

That is correct about DR. I forgot you have +5. Too many things to track.

Grung:

You hear a deep gravelly dwarven voice coming from the hallway behind the Nightshade. You hear something about Iomedae and you've been around Karnog enough to know that's another god that he speaks highly of...of course, she's not as high and mighty as Torag.

Duncan:

You hear loud booming dwarven voice coming from the stairwell. Challenging the creature. Who ever this has a battle lust in his voice.


Evil GM

RD 4: Front Gate Battle update

Kalim -
Karnog -
Felicitas -
Nym
Enemy
Good Guards
Enemy boss


Evil GM

RD 4 Initiative

Desmond -
Duncan - summons creature and is turned invisible
Nightshade -
Grung -


Evil GM

Nightshade: Rd 4

Using it's reach it mauls the goodly creature with enthusiasm. He attacks the Lillend.

claw 1: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (5) + 28 = 33;damage: 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 3, 2) + 15 = 25;cold: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5, 6) = 15

crit is 19-20

claw 1: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (7) + 28 = 35;damage: 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 2, 3) + 15 = 26;cold: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 5, 5) = 17

crit is 19-20

It looks like 51 damage plus 12 cold (your cold resistance helped) for a total of 63 HP.

"I will rend your useless body with glee sending you back to your wretched wasteland.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Scorching ray yet again: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 3 = 23fire damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 5) + 3 = 18
Scorching ray oh yeah baby: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 3 = 16fire damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 4) + 3 = 22
Scorching ray aw yisssss: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 3 = 28fire damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 3) + 3 = 12

"Bah! Fight on men! SEND THEM TO THE VOID WITH A BOW AND A KISS!"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog's hammer continues its dance (RD 2/4) as he calls down the holy power of Torag in a golden burst of healing energy.

"Never surrender, never fear, these undead monstrosities will fall before us!"

Mass Cure Moderate, targeting as many undead as possible, then healing soldiers. 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (4, 6) + 14 = 24 healing, DC 23 Will for half. Up to 14 targets.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38 to hit, for 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 8 + (1) = 16 inspired flaming warhammer

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 to hit, for 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 8 + (4) = 17 inspired flaming warhammer

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26 to hit, for 2d8 + 16 ⇒ (2, 6) + 16 = 24 inspired flaming warhammer


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond continues to high tail it outta there.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

dwarven:
An Iomededee cleric! Come join the fight. We dwarves will send the pathetic excuse for a foe back to the privy it comes from!

all good on the weapon dm...I can’t fathom the spreadsheets you must have!


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Croaker: 1d20 + 2 + 26 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 26 - 4 = 40 for 1d10 + 12 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 + 8 = 32
Croaker: 1d20 + 21 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 21 + 2 - 4 = 31 for 1d10 + 12 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 + 8 = 26
Croaker: 1d20 + 2 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 17 - 4 = 24 for 1d10 + 12 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 + 8 = 25
Headbutt: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 2 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 5 + 2 - 4 - 4 = 17 for 1d10 + 12 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 + 8 = 27

Grung swings Croaker about, finding shadowy flesh once or twice then sending sparks from the floors and wall with his head and blade


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Duncan Hers the call of his kin and is bolstered at the positivity in the voice.
The dwarf he heard was either a VERY experienced Warrior or simply carzy and didn't know the true power of the horror they were facing.

Not that is mattered, without his armor on Duncan was vulnerable and his Azata was fading fast.

Maybe he could use the Outsider as a healing battery and hopefully give them all time to wear the monster down???
I must be crazy. We should run

He hoped IOMEDAE accepted fools into her heavens.....
Stat update vs Nightshade: AC:28/16/27 +2 for Ring of Focused Foe, +1 Channel Vigor (mimicking Haste) TOTAL VS Nightshade- 31/16/30
Invisible

9rounds of Sacred Armor left
14 rounds of Channel Vigor


Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:
Desmond continues to high tail it outta there.

Where are you heading? You are safely out of it's range. It is cold outside...27 degrees.


Evil GM

All three of Kalim's scorching rays hit. He destroys one and injures a second.

Karnog Warhammer hits completely destroying one. The cleric releases a mass healing that destroys several more undead. The front line is now cleared, but there big ole boss approaching. He is flanked by two shadows.

RD 4: Front Gate Battle update

Kalim - scorching ray 3 hits.
Karnog - destroys the remaining front line of undead.
Felicitas -
Nym
Enemy
Good Guards
Enemy boss

Updated Map at the Gate


Evil GM

At the Raging Orc

Two whacks with the Royal dwarven warax hit the target. Thud...thunk. The beast snarls at the dwarf. "Soon your flesh will rot on my mantle."


Evil GM

RD 5: Initiative

Desmond -
Duncan -
Nightshade -
Grung -

RD 5 Map

+The blue halo is Duncan's summoned creature.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

BWAHAHAHAHA! There are no mantles in privies s#*# for brains!


Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHA! There are no mantles in privies s!!% for brains!

"I'm gonna hang your carcass to dry...draining every drop of blood from your pathethic body, as I season you as dwarven jerky."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

Meanwhile from under Desmond's bed.

"H...h...h...he..l...le...lef...left...mmmm..me." the female uncontrollably cries.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Duncan Moves invisibly past his ally to D13 inside the reach of the huge creature. He remembers his rage and anger that carried him through every battle with those that would inflict suffering upon the world. I'll fight it, Ye keep me standing

He mentally entretises his god and summoning one of his most powerful blessings and using a Fervor, Casts RIGHTEOUS MIGHT upon himself.
Still invisible his body swells and expands to nearly the size of the hallway. It was tight but he had more room than the Huge Undead he was facing.

Righteous Might:
Your height immediately doubles, and your weight increases by a factor of eight. This increase changes your size category to the next larger one. You gain a +4 size bonus to Strength and Constitution and take a -2 penalty to your Dexterity. You gain a +2 enhancement bonus to your natural armor. You gain DR 5/evil (if you normally channel positive energy Editor’s Note: If you are an oracle see FAQ) or Damage Reduction 5/good (if you normally channel negative energy Editor’s Note: If you are an oracle see FAQ above right). At 15th level, this Damage Reduction becomes 10/evil or 10/good (the maximum). Your size modifier for AC and attacks changes as appropriate to your new size category (see Table: Size Modifiers). This spell doesn’t change your speed. Determine space and reach as appropriate to your new size.

If insufficient room is available for the desired growth, you attain the maximum possible size and may make a Strength check (using your increased Strength) to burst any enclosures in the process (see Smashing an Object). If you fail, you are constrained without harm by the materials enclosing you–the spell cannot crush you by increasing your size.

Now as prepared as he could be, He attacks, however still conscious of his lack of armor, uses his COMBAT EXPERTISE to stave of any attacks by the Undead, keep his shield presented and stabbing past it.
[dice="Gutbuster" attack, Invisible, Righteous might,Haste,Combat Expertise]1d20+ 20[/dice]
Since Duncan is invisible the Nightshades AC is two points lower from being denied it's dex bonus so it's AC should be no more than 29 against this attack

[dice=Damage, Gutbuster "Large" Sacred Furyborne Cruel Longsword]2d6+1+6[/dice]Weapon is automatically considered Good Aligned for being a Champion of Faiths Sacred Weapon

Stat update vs Nightshade:Sword and Board AC:27/16/26 +2 for Ring of Focused Foe, +1 Channel Vigor (mimicking Haste), plus Using Combat Expertise TOTAL VS Nightshade- 33/16/32
Duncan Also has DR5/evil with Righteous Might

8rounds of Sacred Armor left
13 rounds of Channel Vigor
14 rounds of Righteous Might


AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 17 Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +10

The Lillend allows Duncan to pass (possibly provoking an AOO),
it then redies an action to cast CSW on the Crazy Dwarf


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Do we have an updated map with the big bad? Kalim's next spells depend on where it is.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas quickly casts heroism on grungsdi.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Luckily I think one of the few things Desmond would keep on while "in the act" would be his rings, one of which is a ring of cold resistance 10.

Desmond will just move to another inn somewhere else, or perhaps a church this late, where he can find shelter.


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Do we have an updated map with the big bad? Kalim's next spells depend on where it is.

I posted it a few posts back when I put up the Updated Initiative order.[ Note I moved some of the destroyed X out enemy to clean up the map.


Evil GM
Felicitas Sweetfingers wrote:
Felicitas quickly casts heroism on grungsdi.

Felicitas you are not where Grung is located. The party is split.

Group 1 at the Gate:

Karnog,
Kalim,
Felic
Nym

Group 2 at the Raging Orc Saloon:

Grung
Duncan (new player)

Group 3: Naked Desmond running like a bat out of hell.


Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:

Luckily I think one of the few things Desmond would keep on while "in the act" would be his rings, one of which is a ring of cold resistance 10.

Desmond will just move to another inn somewhere else, or perhaps a church this late, where he can find shelter.

I would never expect you to take off jewelry.p

Desmond flees around the alley and towards the "Slywink Tavern"

You definately know where the slywink is, Varl's smithy, the gerneral store, and the cartography shop. All are close by.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Then at Kalim


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Wherzzz Gur'uge?"
Nym asks the closet of the party members?


Evil GM

RD 4: Front Gate Battle update

Kalim - scorching ray 3 hits.
Karnog - destroys the remaining front line of undead.
Felicitas - casts heroism on Kalim
Nym
Enemy
Good Guards
Enemy boss

Nym you do not see Grung or Desmond, they are clearly not at this battle.


Evil GM

The nightshade does not take an attack of opportunity.

A swollen dwarf appears as he slices the nightshade.


Evil GM

RD 5: nightshade

The undead creature channels its energy and releases a wave of negative energy.

Grung, Duncan, and the Lillend

harming energy: 8d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 3, 4, 1, 3, 5) = 25

*DC 29 Will save for half damage.

Grung you are up.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"He ain't here, Nym! These baddies showed up while we were building walls and healing troops, and good thing we were here! Dunno where the King is, probably listen for the loudest yelling in dwarven in town?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Well that smarts don't it. Grung then lays into the Nightshade with reckless abandon. I'm thinking I can do better though!

Croaker: 1d20 + 26 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 26 - 4 + 2 = 43 for 1d10 + 12 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 8 + 2 = 31
Croaker: 1d20 + 21 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 21 - 4 + 2 = 39 for 1d10 + 12 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 8 + 2 = 30
Croaker: 1d20 + 17 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 17 - 4 + 2 = 19 for 1d10 + 12 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 8 + 2 = 29
Headbutt: 1d20 + 14 + 5 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 5 - 4 - 4 = 15 for 1d4 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 8 = 13

To confirm #1 Croaker: 1d20 + 26 - 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 26 - 4 + 2 + 4 = 48 for 2d10 + 24 + 16 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 24 + 16 + 4 = 53

To confirm #2Croaker: 1d20 + 21 - 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 21 - 4 + 2 + 4 = 26 for 2d10 + 24 + 16 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 24 + 16 + 4 = 48

That is how you do better ya peanut laden turd!


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Will Save+ring of Foe Focus,Dwarf: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 17 + 2 + 5 = 31

Duncan feels the negative engery wave as it washes past him and completely annihilated the Lillend, the remaining damage sending the creature back to it's native plane.

While he shrugged of some of the channel he notes from the convulsions of the Undead that the dwarf around the corner was still hitting it, ...HARD. The words of bravado rousing Duncan's own hopes of victory.

PEANUT LADEN TURD! AH'LL SHOW YE HOW TA HIT BROTHER! Yargh!

Duncan knew full well the dwarf was referring to the Nightshade and not him but inferring it was a competition to see who could kill it fastest might unnerve the undead if it felt nerves at all. It was also the kind of talk why everyone thought dwarves were crazy.
He lowers his shield just enough to allow him to switch from guarded stabbing to powerful downward swings, his enlarged form and huge sword now chopping down for all it was worth.Switches from Combat Expertise to Power Attack
Smite Power Full Attack: 1d20 + 23 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 23 - 3 = 32
Large Furyborne Cruel Longsword: 2d6 + 2 + 6 + 6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 + 6 + 6 + 14 = 32
The first attack from a smite does DOUBLE DAMAGE so 64 if it hits
Bonus Attack:Channel Vigor mimicking Haste: 1d20 + 23 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 23 - 3 = 38
Large Furyborne Cruel Longsword: 2d6 + 2 + 6 + 6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 + 6 + 6 + 14 = 34

2nd Iterative: 1d20 + 18 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 18 - 3 = 24
Large Furyborne Cruel Longsword: 2d6 + 2 + 6 + 6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 + 6 + 6 + 14 = 32

He sword practically hums with Divine Power and he lands two solid blows that erupt with holy light as Gutbuster slashes deep into Undead flesh and the creature utters a loud gutteral his.
Ye can scream anytime ye like!

Duncan is SMITING so His attacks bypass all DR the creature might have
Stat update vs Nightshade:Sword and Board AC:27/16/26 +2 for Ring of Focused Foe, +1 Channel Vigor (mimicking Haste), Smite CHA to AC. Total AC vs Nightshade 31/20/30
Duncan Also has DR5/evil with Righteous Might
7rounds of Sacred Armor left
12 rounds of Channel Vigor
13 rounds of Righteous Might
Smite in effect till the Nightshade dies


Evil GM

@the Raging Orc.

Grung lays a mighty wallop down on the nightshade, two of his ax swings sank deeper than normal. That attack brought the undead to zero HP and would have destroyed it.

For good measure Duncan steps up and thrust his long sword deeply into the creature. The dwarf's fury was unquenched as he continues to thrust.

I should not have gone so easy on you all with this creature. But you all played it well.

Battle completed.


Evil GM

@The Wall

Suddenly, you hear a high pitch shriek. The two shadows pull back beyond along with the large boss. Karnog and Kalim you clearly know something has happened that forced a hasty retreat and battle tactics.

Front Gate battle is now complete.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12
baldwin the merciful wrote:

@the Raging Orc.

Grung lays a mighty wallop down on the nightshade, two of his ax swings sank deeper than normal. That attack brought the undead to zero HP and would have destroyed it.

For good measure Duncan steps up and thrust his long sword deeply into the creature. The dwarf's fury was unquenched as he continues to thrust.

I should not have gone so easy on you all with this creature. But you all played it well.

Battle completed.

I WAS thinking that if this thing used it's summoning ability and ported behind one of us we were screwed. Let's assume it was Hubris that killed it by letting itself get surrounded.

Covered in Gore and Still shirtless the 8ft Tall dwarf looks through the door to see the cowering maiden not really holding herself together.
She looked panicked but other physically seemed fine.

Glancing the other way to see the Small Armored Juggernaught that was Grungsdi clanking up the stairs he felt that Dwarven pride swelling as he looked on another example of why his race was so feared.
Honestly, if we bred as fast as humans we'd rule the world

He dismisses the Divine spells effecting him and returns to his normal size.
He moves to grasp Grungsdi's gauntleted hand in greeting.
You have me Gratitude brother. I'd a been hard pressed to defeat that thing alone. Yer a fine example 'a warrior. Now excuse me, nut I need ta git me armor on. Something tells me the night is still young.

He looks back at the cowering girl.
Ye calm enough ta help Iomedae's Warpriest git his armor on? Or ya wanna be alone if sometin' like that comes back?oc]


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

Duncan moves back into his room (Hopefully with Grungsdi and the girl in toe) stopping to give the undead body a once over for any treasure or weapons.
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Moving into his room he places his things on the bed and uses his wand of CLW on the girl first if she needs it, then Grungsdi, then Himself.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5GIRL
CLW: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5Duncan
CLW: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4Duncan
CLW: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4Duncan
Grungsdi you roll how many you need as I'm not sure you HP

He then asks for some assistance getting his Celestial Plate on and readies his gear.

He pauses to stare at his wand of KEEP WATCH before putting it away. Fate always seems to come after me when I actually lay me head down


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Bah! Look at them! Running like the gutless bonebags they are! MEN, OUR POWER VANQUISHED THEM! FENTONVILLE, DO YOU TASTE OUR TRIUMPH?!"


Evil GM

I could be so cruel to Desmond right now as he's butt naked pounding a door. Wouldn't this be the perfect time for the succubus to open the door to the Slywink. That being said, since I'm going to be scattered in any posting I make next week I don't really want to start something and the have it delayed.


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

"P..p...please d...don't hurt me." The girl sobs. "Is...is...is it gone?"


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"Bah! Look at them! Running like the gutless bonebags they are! MEN, OUR POWER VANQUISHED THEM! FENTONVILLE, DO YOU TASTE OUR TRIUMPH?!"

"HIP...HIP...HOORAY!" A roar erupts from the fortifications.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Grungsdi is going to be so pissed he missed out on this. I bet he and Desmond are snoring already, deep in their cups. Felicitas, by the way, when selling gear, make sure to keep that horrible cursed axe out of the deal."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

gm:
do i get a second save? What was the spell again?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung assists with the armor.

I’m Grung. More on that later! I got this fancy magic on me armor, let’s me sleep in it. Certainly worth it after tonight!

As they arm Appreciate the help...haven’t seen ya around before...and Brother Karnog has mentioned your god, so seems like I’m in good company.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Oh blast that stupid thing to pieces! I know I should have called up an archon and had them bring it aloft to be destroyed. Maybe, if we get a bit of a breather, I can still do that."

Karnog looks at the soldiers and smiles as his hammer returns to his hand.

"Yes, warriors of Fentonville! You have struck a blow for Good this day, and helped to bloody the nose of the Prince of Undeath! Well fought, and well done. I shall return when my magics have been restored, and see to any wounds remaining. For now, use those options and watch one another's backs."

Turning to the bard and drow, he smiles even more. "Excellent timing, you two. And most helpful with the assist. Now, what's that you said about a succubus? Did Desmond get cursed again or something?"


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12
Grungsdi wrote:

Grung assists with the armor.

I’m Grung. More on that later! I got this fancy magic on me armor, let’s me sleep in it. Certainly worth it after tonight!

As they arm Appreciate the help...haven’t seen ya around before...and Brother Karnog has mentioned your god, so seems like I’m in good company.

Duncan accepts the grasp heartedly. Ain't been around long, arrived last week lookin fer me boy. Grimm's 'es name. Ya'd know if ye met 'im. Bit of a sneak and damn good tracker when he's on the job 'an fights damn well if'n ye can point him in the right direction. Ain't seen 'im fer nearly 3 years an we didn't part on good terms.... Duncan looks ashamed for a half a second while he remembers their final encounter. Both Dwarves drunk and so angry with each other that it came to blows.

It had started off as a fair fight (that Duncan initiated), which due to Duncan's additional decades of experience, the elder Dwarf was heartedly winning (and the fact that HE'D been the one who taught Grimm to fight). Grimm on the other hand did NOT worship a Good Deity or Share his father's sense of fairplay. Despite loving Duncan, the Boy's rage and anger got the better of him and he Invoked his divine rage during the fight. The Lord in Iron didn't care about fairness in a family dispute so the god answered Grimm's use of his divine gifts in this way and Grimm had ended up beating Duncan so Badly that he'd left his father slowly dying in the Smithy as he walked out on his dad's life forever.

It was only the intervention's of Andrea, Duncan's....friend? adopted daughter? That had saved his life. She had used her healing skills to keep the Dwarf alive through the night till he could properly heal himself.

That would have been the end of it had Andrea not disappeared. Had Duncan not exhausted his own resources to find her. Had he not been ambushed while looking for her and Lost his faith and subsequently been converted to Iomedae's church.
Now he found himself here. Forced to attempt to reconncect with the son who nearly killed him in order to find the Woman who was like a daughter to him.....

He shook the look from his face, as he came back to the present.
...anyway. Don't know what's up in this place, but that creature was a Nightshade. Undead that powerful don't just wander aimlessly. It would be here for a reason. Don't spose ye'd know what tha'd be or if there's a body round here that might have some ideas?

Now fully outfitted in the resplendent armor of his new God, the dwarf tapped himself with the wand of KEEP WATCH.
Gonna be a long night no doubt, if ye got no other ideas, shall we check yer any other undead about the place?


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Here is the link.

*No second save. it lasts for 12 days.

Here is the original link of what you are suppose to do

*It was the dominate person spell.


Evil GM
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:


Turning to the bard and drow, he smiles even more. "Excellent timing, you two. And most helpful with the assist. Now, what's that you said about a succubus? Did Desmond get cursed again or something?"

The natural conclusion. Guilty until proven innocent in his case.


Evil GM
baldwin the merciful wrote:
I could be so cruel to Desmond right now as he's butt naked pounding a door. Wouldn't this be the perfect time for the succubus to open the door to the Slywink. That being said, since I'm going to be scattered in any posting I make next week I don't really want to start something and the have it delayed.

@Desmond

Three guards see Desmond as he crosses the street heading towards the SlyWink. "Whoa fella, don't ya think you've had 'nough to drink fer the night.

A second guard speaks to his companions, "You think he's battle worn...you know delayed reaction to today's assault?'

"Dunno."

"Could be..." his voice trails off.

The first guard speaks to Desmond again. "Son...perhaps you should sleep this one off, we'll take to you Korg's fer the night."
Desmond you would remember that the Korg is the minataur sheriff and they are talkign about letting you sleep it off in the drunk tank.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
"He ain't here, Nym! These baddies showed up while we were building walls and healing troops, and good thing we were here! Dunno where the King is, probably listen for the loudest yelling in dwarven in town?"

Hearing this Nym abruptly turns and heads off looking for the dwarven king.

If Nym can see the Night Shade from where he is he'll head that way if not he'll head to Nib's

gm:
Just verifying I had the correct spell. Also not that it matters now, but did you roll SR?

14,151 to 14,200 of 16,204 << first < prev | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | 284 | 285 | 286 | 287 | 288 | 289 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.