Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


11,251 to 11,300 of 16,204 << first < prev | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | next > last >>

Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond rolls his eyes. "Oh come on, I know you speak common. Stop being an arse." He leans to Karnog. [smaller]"Drows usually know common right?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I think so, Des. They're elves, right, so it makes sense they'd speak common. Maybe they're all high and mighty, using their own tongue to be standoffish."

Karnog uses his wand on King Grungsdi as well.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 7) + 3 = 12 HP healed
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8 HP healed

(Don't forget then channel above as well).

Undercommon: "Now, now, Mr Drow, no need to get all sharp and pointy. We appreciate your assistance with the cleric and skeletons, but I'd rather we not descend into violence after such a drawn out battle. There's enough evil undead worshipping bastards to go round, right?"


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Cost me? Yes, perhaps. But I am willing to pay any cost in order to be able to fight the Void. We hope to eliminate this Orcus fools as well."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Aye. That is the way of it. Though perhaps...we approached this particular keep in the wrong manner.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond throws up his hands. "Fine, screw you guys. I'm looting the bodies. And if I end up with a bigger share, consider it my compensation."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Good idea, Desmond. I don't think this drow speaks common, after all. He has been responding to undercommon easily enough, though."

"Your Majesty, we were victorious, and brought low two of the leaders of this cult. I would consider that a success, especially since none of us were seriously injured. A few scrapes and bruises, sure, but I can patch those up easily enough, right?"

Karnog draws out his everfull mug, creating a tankard of ale and downs it in one long draught.


Evil GM

As far as loot:

skeletons:

36 short swords
18 cross bows

Luther

On the draw bridge is a vicious looking dwarven waraxe that Capt Luther wielded. His other gear was on on his body and/or intermingled with the armor when the disintegrate spells hit. You were not sorting through his gear beforehand.

+2 frost vicious dwarven waraxe

Demon Blayze

There are 5, +1 longswords on the wall.

Cleric in courtyard

potion invisibility
2 CSW
+1 breast plate
masterwork heavy shield
masterwork heavy mace
+1 cloak of resistance
orcus unholy symbol
spell component pouch


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

Undercommon: "Now, now, Mr Drow, no need to get all sharp and pointy. We appreciate your assistance with the cleric and skeletons, but I'd rather we not descend into violence after such a drawn out battle. There's enough evil undead worshipping bastards to go round, right?"

Undercommon: "Quite right, your human startled me." blade seemingly disappears into nothingness in the blink of an eye

Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"Cost me? Yes, perhaps. But I am willing to pay any cost in order to be able to fight the Void. We hope to eliminate this Orcus fools as well."

Assuming Kalim is still speak Undercommon Undercommon: "Then it seems we are on the same path. Though I have not head of this "Void" you speak of."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Undercommon: "He's not my human any more than you're my drow. We don't deal in slaves, where I come from. But I take your meaning. Do you speak any other languages beyond this tongue? I can speak it, and Kalim has magic to make any language his own, but I don't know that many of my party do."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Undercommon: "I speak the language of the surface elves if that is of help. I do not deal in slaves either."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Anyone speak elf? Our new buddy here only speaks that and undercommon. Looks like you'll have to keep using that spell, Kalim."

Karnog stows his mug and settles his geae, looking over Desmond looting the bodies.

Undercommon: "So, Mr. Drow, how would you like to be addressed? This formidable dwarf is King Grungsdi, that is Desmond Aeros, our gold haired singer is Felicitas Sweetfingers, her draconic friend is Aurora, and of course you've already met Kalin Gudlavaletti, our resident master of the arcane arts."

Karnog moves over to help Desmond gather loot.

Undercommon: "Perhaps we continue our conversation elsewhere? I believe you were asking after a former ally, Malcolm Cavendish, but he no longer travels with us. I can give us speed and flight, at least most of us, and we can retreat to a safer location. WHAT say you all?"


Evil GM
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
"So, Mr. Drow, how would you like to be addressed? This formidable dwarf is King Grungsdi,

That is a great line! He's never going to live down his heritage.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:


Undercommon: "So, Mr. Drow, how would you like to be addressed? This formidable dwarf is King Grungsdi, that is Desmond Aeros, our gold haired singer is Felicitas Sweetfingers, her draconic friend is Aurora, and of course you've already met Kalin Gudlavaletti, our resident master of the arcane arts."

Undercommon: "As I said my name is Nym Omriwin. Nym is fine."

Nym follows Karnog over to help with the loot.

Karnog Kegmeister wrote:


Undercommon: "Perhaps we continue our conversation elsewhere? I believe you were asking after a former ally, Malcolm Cavendish, but he no longer travels with us. I can give us speed and flight, at least most of us, and we can retreat to a safer location. WHAT say you all?"

Undercommon: "Yes, I ran into a band of humans fighting a demon. I helped them too... Only that time I was to late. Only one survived the battle. They were looking for their compatriot; this Malkam. He ask that I lend him help as he was on a similar quest to my own. He was dressed much like yourself, but with different holy symbols. He is the one that gave me the sword I use. It works particular well against those of purest evil. Wait here I will quickly grab the items of value off of the cleric then we should make haste." and with that Nym jogs down the side of the wall to the cleric.

Shortly returning with the clerics item.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Hey, Grungsdi, c'mere. Take this, and use it well next time we fight an evil outsider like that snake monster!"

Karnog slaps a vial of bless weapon oil into the dwarf warrior's palm.

"Also, let me know if you used up potions or other consumables, we have a veritable apothecary's shop in this bag, so we can afford to replace anything used up pretty much."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung snags he oil then says I could use some healing potions for sure!


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Next steps?" Kalim asks in general but looks to Karnog specifically.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I'd say we retreat, regroup, and plan another attack. Perhaps one with a bit more stealth on the approach, this time. I can use a wind walk spell on myself and four others, that will grant us some serious speed to escape. I cannot get all of us, though, so if anyone else has fast flight magic, sound off."

Karnog hands over a bunch of potion vials to Grungsdi, including 4 CLW, 4 CMW, 3 CSW, and 1 CCW. He also takes out another one and sets it on top of the pile, "This one will make you run faster for a short time."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

As the drow steps forward towards the loot, Desmond flicks a dagger at his feet. "Hey, nu uh. You don't get a share for helping clean up the scraps." He looks at the others. "Can somebody please translate?"


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Are you doing that before or after Nym goes down to the court yard and cleans off the cleric? Just want to know from a timing stand point. Because the cleric's gear would be in his bag.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym looks down at the insult at his feet and shakes his head Undercommon Humans, so dimwitted . turns toward Karnog and say in Undercommon "Apparently there is a need to get all sharp and pointy." Nym bends down picks up the blade and flicks at Desmond's feet Undercommon: "I accept" again the shining short sword is in his grasp seemingly to appear in his hand out of thin air


Evil GM

Ohhhhhh, I wasn't expecting a dual!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Desmond, the value of the axe alone is more than 5 or 6 times the gear that cleric must be carrying. If you really want to fight this drow, can we do it away from the fortress here?"

Undercommon: "Perhaps a delay on this matter of 'honor?' Desmond is a bit short-tempered about treasure, especially after such a battle."

Karnog moves over, plucking the dagger from the ground and moves back to Desmond.

"I don't really trust him myself, but he knew Malcolm, or at least says he does. It seems we can engage in knife fighting more safely away from a fortress filled with undead and evil cultists."

Looking between Nym and Des, he shrugs and moves his hands in a shooing motion away from the fort.


Evil GM

Excellent introduction.

For now the battlements and courtyard is still of movement. Only a few worried vendors in the market area remain, they have mostly ducked behind their stalls for cover. Your self-perseverance instincts kick-in...you need to move or you'll be engaged with another round troops.

There is one door on each wall exiting the courtyard and there is an open passage leading deeper into the keep.

Overall Map

Your options: (1) retreat and rest; (2) go through either or both doorways 2A or 2B; (3) head deeper into the keep. I'm not suggesting one action or the another that choice is yours and you know your resource status; however, note that a retreat means the walls will be restocked if you choose to come back this way.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond grumbles. "Can somebody please explain what is going on? In case you forgot, I don't speak undercommon." As Karnog walks over and elaborates, Desmond relaxes a bit. As a general rule of thumb Desmond didn't care for Paladins, but Malcolm was an exception. "Alright, fair enough. Gotta teach him some common though." Desmond takes his blade back and gives a friendly smirk to their newcomer, opening his arms in a general "welcome" gesture.

GM, I believe disintigrate does not get rid of gear unless it was being intentionally targeted.

Not to start crap with our new drow again, but I would also like that invisibility potion :P could definitely be a large asset for me.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Quick ammo/load out check. Karnog has used 4/7 channels, and his dancing weapon daily ability. He has plenty of wands & scrolls available, and is at full HP.

Spells: 1st: ant haul, bless, remove fear(b), protection from evil, comprehend languages, shield(d), shield of faith (b)
2nd: bull's strength, bear's endurance, barkskin(d), _________(open), silence, resist energy(b)
3rd: stone shape(d), resist energy (communal), blindness/deafness, ____________(open), invisibility purge
4th: restoration, blessing of fervor
5th:, Spell resistance, fabricate (d), breath of life (b)
6th:heal (b), hero's feast, major creation (d), wind walk

Active effects: air walk (120 min), spell immunity (fireball, lightning bolt, black tentacles) 120 min, good hope (10 min).

"Perhaps retreat is hasty, I can still cast and fight plenty, and have a whole bag full of potions to hand. There's still a couple of cultist captains kicking around, after all."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:


Undercommon: "Perhaps a delay on this matter of 'honor?' Desmond is a bit short-tempered about treasure, especially after such a battle.

Undercommon: "I would agree that this is not the best place or time for a dual. Especially over something as petty as ill gotten gains. But since above worlders tend to be evil, one can never be too cautious. While I was collecting the clerics gear I noticed some side doors that may lead further down into the catacombs. It may be more advantageous for us to press the attack while we have the element of surprise. Discuss with your group and let me know since we seem to have a language barrier." Nym says then backs away (but not turning his back) from the chaotic human.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Desmond! This is how you repay allies? Typical Taldan manners. Speaking of which, why should he learn your language? 'Common' my brown ass! It's Taldan. If I can learn your gutter excuse for a language, you can learn the speech of the underfolk. Threatening people over material goods ...disappointing."

He then turns to Nym, Tongues still working. "My apologies, Master Drow. While many on the surface may be evil, one thing I do not allow is discourtesy. I agree that we should press the attack. I have much and more I can do."

Kalim's aim was to destroy the graveknight's equipment, was it not?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond just laughs at the sorcerer. "My way or burn in hell. Oh you're always a barrel of sunshine."

Oh I thought it was just the armor.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Not sure how you got that interpretation of my words, Desmond. You know hell means nothing to me. But drawing a blade on an ally ...I thought you above such treachery."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Feeling the battlerush drain from her system, Felicitas calls her friend and dismissed the spell.


Male, Ac 22,T16,FF18, F4,R6,W5, Fly 23, Dipl +9Perception 12, Stealth 17,UMD 13 SR 13 Ini+3 Faerie Dragon Familiar

Suddenly a voice is in Nyms head. "Hello, chap, I will translate for my lovely friend next to me. Pleased to meet you. My name is Aurora. And who are you. And while we appreciate the help, what was your intention here?"


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:

"My apologies, Master Drow. While many on the surface may be evil, one thing I do not allow is discourtesy. I agree that we should press the attack. I have much and more I can do."

Nods with what Kalim is saying

Undercommon: No apologies needed my strange friend. I understand not everyone is as enlightened.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Hey. Listen to the only King, or almost King here. Brother Karnog here feels the need to rest and recharge, so we should. Who else is gonna keep us patched up?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I was concerned about the overall usage of magic and resources, but I am actually pretty well able to continue. Most of my most powerful magic still remains ready, including a hero's feast if we get an hour of safety. Besides, going through this here bag, I have whole bunches of potions, lots more than I thought I did." Karnog slaps his bag gently, laughing slightly at the excessive amount of potions therein.

"If we can get past the first line of defenses and into the fort, there must be somewhere inside to hole up and hide, if necessary."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I wasn't done showing that demon the true meaning of power. But I'll take it out on whatever Orcussians we find."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Aurora the Fairydragon wrote:
Suddenly a voice is in Nyms head. "Hello, chap, I will translate for my lovely friend next to me. Pleased to meet you. My name is Aurora. And who are you. And while we appreciate the help, what was your intention here?"

Nym studies the little creature and the human.

Undercommon:You are very curious creature. Like a small dragon but your wings are not dragon wings. Almost like fairy wings. Interesting. My name is Nym Omriwin. My "intentions" are to disrupt and the eventual destruction of the Cult of Orcus. If the gods are nice maybe I'll be able to find some of my kidnapped family. I have gathered from some of your group that you are on a simular quest."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Kidnapped family? Then we've all the more reason to press on."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Undercommon: "Agreed, Kalim. If Nym has kin trapped in this godforsaken place, we should make haste. How are you for magic, both of you? And you, Felicitas? Do we have enough strength to make a go of it?"


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I've plenty more to give. And I never run out of spear, aheh."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Undercommon:"While I was away at war Orcus attacked my city and slained most and took those not killed as prisoners. I do not what has become of them. I just know that I must see this cult ended. I still have quite a bit of magic left, and I'm skilled in the ways of the sword."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"...when we find your people, if need be, Karnog and I have formed a settlement."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Well, then, let's press on. No sense in giving these miscreants time to prepare and defend."

Undercommon: "You know, Nym, you might want to pick up the orc tongue or perhaps Taldane, if you're thinking about Orctown as an eventual location to settle at. Just a bit of friendly advice is all."

"Belts tight and boots strapped up, everyone? Ready to assault the castle and destroy some evil cultists?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Sounds like a job for a king.

Grung tightens his belt and swings Croaker a bit, and shrinks


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:


Kalim's aim was to destroy the graveknight's equipment, was it not?

Yes you specifically used the spell a couple times against his equipment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

The group descends to the ground ready to press forward deeper into the keep. After awhile you come up a vast open square with hundreds of beings milling about. Large abhorrent murals decorate the walls, with all manner of atrocities depicted. The depravity of the art is like none the most of you have ever seen. Scenes such as beasts devouring human flesh, dwarves in chains being fed to 12 headed snakes, surface elves gutted like pigs, and all manner of warped enjoyment.

Small kiosks litter the area, some for trading goods, some for selling slaves, body parts, magic items, books, poisons or even less savory items; groups of cowled figures gather together, hatching schemes and plots against their fellow conspirators; and occasionally, lesser priests of Orcus have gathered throngs of observers to hear their litany. Vampires rub shoulders with lichs; demons push past undead as if they didn’t exist; monstrous humanoids perform dark deals with underground aberrations.

So far, word of the battle at the gate doesn't appear to have reached the crowd - yet.

Essentially you've come to an underground market.

Updated birdseye map

*I only have one token up right now since each square represents 50 feet. When battle comes I'll create a smaller to scale map.

What are going to do and where are you heading?
Everyone may as well roll a perception check just in case I need it.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"So, Nym, see anything worth buying or trading for? Diamond dust, other material components, or the like?"

Karnog keeps his cloak pulled tightly around his shoulders, and makes sure his holy symbol is securely tucked into his shirt.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36 perception


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym eyes the booths for goods that could be useful and keeps his sword in its hidey spot. He will also use detect magic.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
spell craft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
spell craft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
spell craft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
spell craft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.

After some jostling and nasty glares are extended Nym starts to ease into the market area, he quickly notices dozens and dozens of magical auras coming from the crowd and the items being hawked. A quick assessment reveals that most evil mundane items can be purchased here and many evil magical items with values up to 20,000 gold. It's a flee market for the wicked.

One interesting stall is guarded by a two headed mutated cyclops that hovers over a seductive drow mistress who has an assortments of vials and potions displayed. "Can I tempt you in the best poisons in the underdark." She utters in undercommon the universal trade language below the surface.

She glances over the party. "How but you...my lovely, care for love potion." She speaks to Felicitas. "Your pale skin would be a an enticement for anyone with a few drops of my creation. You can be the a princess of pleasure."

She quickly continues on to the next topic. "So, what brings..." her voice lowers to mere whisper, "surface dwarfs here?" She clearly sees through the makeshift disguises of Grung's and Karnog.


Evil GM

Karnog's perception:

You do notice that the area to the southwest of the chamber is free of travel. The creatures in the market seem to avoid the area. It's the are marked with the "T" on the map.

11,251 to 11,300 of 16,204 << first < prev | 221 | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.