Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


1,051 to 1,100 of 16,218 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Goblin:
"So, they are still alive. Good. I can use that to keep your head tied to your neck. Now, how do we get past the other posts? Where the prisoners are kept?"


Goblin NPC

He motions to the south.

goblin:

"Far cave...must get by sleeping cave cross wood bridge."


Evil GM

Everyone can make a perception check...it's sound based.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Evil GM

Argrim:
You can hear activity from down the south tunnel, it doesn't sound like they are approaching but you get the sense that you all need to be pressing through that passage soon. It'll take at least a a half a minute to move the blockade that you all created.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Ok folks, the gobbos are making noise down there. Nibb, get your info and cast your Sift, now. Tanks, get your breastplates off. I'll start moving the barricade with Vatilda and Kalim. We've about a minute, so move with a purpose. Let's go!" Argrim puts his new goblin marbles and ball in his pocket and jumps up to move the barricade.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn will take off his dragonhide breastplate and follow Agrim.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda finishes her morning meditation when she hears Argrim's call to action. She helps clear the last of the barricade, then readies her shield. The afterglow of a productive meditation keeps her from paying any attention to the sounds coming from the south.

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1


Evil GM

DMPC Nibb's Sift spell

Nibb is relatively satisfied with the information he obtained from the goblin bard. He moves on over to the south tunnel and casts his sift spell and extends it outward to its full limits.

Nibb is able to confirm that the tunnel narrows about 12 feet down to point where it will require the removal of heavy armor. There is a side passage 20 feet down the rough tunnel on what will be your left hand side the right hand side of your computer screen that extends beyond his view. The main tunnel appears to continue south. He does not detect any barrels or defensible objects - yet. He did see three spears propped against the wall of the side cavern.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog removes his breastplate with the others after morning prayers.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 perception

"Sounds like a plan, Argrim. I have some additional prayers to assist us today, including one that will strengthen one's skin like the bark of a tree. Let us go slay some goblins, brothers!"


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

When everyone is ready to go, Argrim will go first down the passage. He tries to be as quiet as possible and has his battleaxe in hand.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 (+1 vs. traps & +2 vs. unusual stonework)


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Now hold on, ya want me da strip down to my skivvies and fight goblins? Rapping his gauntlet on his breastplate, Varl shakes his head. Betsy ain't going nowhere. Crossly looking at the other members of the group Varl nods to himself. That archer is still around and I don't fancy taking a barbed arrow to me jibblys


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"You metal head. You can't pass the rocks with your breastplate. But you can carry your breastplate and put it on after you pass." Argrim reacts and finishes with a fierce grin. "Unless you're a wuss and going to stay to guard the tied up gobbos?"


Evil GM

Obviously if the tunnel widens you can put that heavy armor on. Use this as a little foreshadowing for when you get into the RA dungeon. I'll just say that there are quite a few tight situations. I'm not sure if the group will get to one of those levels but you never know...Wicked laughter.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Fine.. fine Varl mutters while grimacing at the tied up goblin. Give me a hand outta this. I'm putting it back on as soon as we are on da other side through!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Aye, the tunnel will be too small for us to pass through fully armored. I fear this may be only the first of many such passages, especially if the gobbos or other small creatures are inhabiting the tunnels. Makes sense they'd use the terrain to their advantage. Besides, when we get back to town, might be a good idea to pick up some lighter armor, perhaps a chain shirt or such, for just such encounters."

Karnog readies his shield and lasso, assuming he can pass the tunnel with the shield sideways at least.


Evil GM

yes you will be able to pass with your shield sideways.

Argrim wiggles his way into the tight opening begin his journey followed by Vatilda, Kalim, Nibb then the dwarfs carrying their gear.

Argrim approaches the side tunnel on his left. what are you going to do? The south tunnel continues and you can see another side tunnel on your right hand side a but further down the way. left hand side of the map.

You don't see any goblins at this point, which you do find as odd, since this is fantastic bottleneck location.

South tunnel


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Check for traps, boys. Seems too good to be true, them not using this spot for an ambush."

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23Perception.


Evil GM

Karnog from your position near the back you can't really see much in front of you, your instinct is tells you that you are probably correct. There is chattering of goblin gobbledygook coming from in front but it's exact location you don't know.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Nibb cast Sift ahead of the group, looking for traps and other hazards...

Perception (Sift) check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

"What still intrigues me is that 'post leader' the goblin spoke about. He didn't mean to, but it seems that it possess some kind of magical abilities... a sorcerer, perhaps?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"The gobbos are massin' from what I hear. There's got to be something in the dirt ahead they're expecting to slow us down. Be careful!"


Evil GM

nibb's second sift only shows the passage continuing, not great detail though, although you do see that the left tunnel passage extends as far as your sift sight can manage. There are few ripped pieces of cloth on that floor and remains of bone.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim stealthily peaks around the corner of the first tunnel.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 (+1 vs. traps & +2 vs. unusual stonework)


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim tries to observe his surroundings ...he's read a lot about being underground, but not spent that much time there. Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Evil GM

Argrim:
You see a pile of bones nearby, three spears against the wall, the remnants of small cooking fire and tunnel leading NE.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Agrim waves to Kalim, Vatilda, and Nibb to sneak passed him to stop between the two tunnel entrances M,L,K-10 while he watches the tunnel. When Nibb passes, he whispers, "Cast Sift again everywhere.". He then points to the tanks to don their breastplates.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Give me a hand here. Varl whispers pointing to his plate. It's much easier getting into it with someone else to help.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Aye, I'll help you, Varl. Then you can help me. Teamwork, eh?"


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Aye mate, fair's fair.


Evil GM

I lost my maptools with the latest java update...I need to figure it out over the next couple days. we will proceed without a map update....sorry.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Great! Tight spaces! I hate tight spaces!


Evil GM

Alright I have maptool reloaded. I had to redo the map so and the grid coordinates are different but you get the general idea.

Goblin Cave

I'll do the updates tomorrow.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Thanks for the perseverance.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda follows... wielding her shield and torch.
"As do I, but we cannot expect environmental advantage when invading another's lair. Keep in mind, it is the only thing in their favor. If I were one of these nasty creatures, I would certainly trade the ability to wriggle through tight spaces for a brain larger than a pinecone."
"...and the stench... oh the stench" Vatilda digresses into grumbling before reaching her point.

>map repost<


Evil GM

Speaking of the stench...it is obvious to everyone that there is a medley of obnoxious aroma's permeating the cave. There a think heavy odor of decay and carrion, mixed with a hint of pine from burning wood, to roasting of various meats or flesh. The base underlying smell in this area of the southern tunnel is fecal with an acidic tang.


Evil GM

Argrim, Vatilda, Kalim and Nibb need to make perception checks. Nibb for his sift spell.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11Can't smell anything over the dwarfstench ...


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Perception (Sift) check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Can Nibb cast Message to get a "commlink" with whoever go before him?


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Maybe Argrim, because he will usually be in front. Or one of the tanks to direct firepower. Your choice.


Goblin NPC

Nibb:
Your sift shows you an old cooking pit down the side tunnel and it is littered with various gnawed bones, the the tunnel turns north but it's beyond your vision.

Argrim you see the bones littered on the floor of the side tunnel, the tunnel bends northward but it's out of your line of sight.

Kalim and Vatilida slip by Argrim and begin to scout the southern tunnel. There is side passage to your right roughly 15 away. There is a sudden twang as an arrow flies at Kalim.

Archer 1, long bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The arrow clinks off the tunnel rock harmlessly.


Evil GM

Inititiave:

Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Varl: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Argrim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Rammellorn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Vatilda: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Nibbfir: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
GB Archer1: 1d2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
GB Archer 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

The surprise round missed Kalim.

Initiative Order:

GB2
Vaitilda
Rammelorn
Varl
Kalim
Karnog
Argrim
GB 2
Nibb

MAP RD 1


Goblin NPC

RD 1:

There is a a second twang as another arrow from farther down the tunnel flies at Kalim.

Archer 2, long bow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

There is sound coming from the right hand side passage the PC's right hand side that sounds like a whole lot of goblins massing.


Evil GM

Argrim you hear the arrows flying but you have concerns about your flank with that unknown side tunnel you are looking down.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 1

Vatilda lets her torch drop from her hand, and draws her mace. She pushes past Kalim, and gently nudges him back as she moves to the first side passage. She swings at the first goblin with a rising backhand from her mace.

Friendly switch with Kalim and move to (P,12)
Mace vs goblin Q,12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 (assuming failed confirm)
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

>Rd 1 map repost<


Evil GM

Vatilda's mace hits hard but the archer is still alive and doesn't look that bad after the attack.

Vatilda:
Vatilda your dropped torchlight still provides enough of a view down the side tunnel to reveal a large apparently goblin filled cavern.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Squeezing through the narrow cavern Varl rushes foward to block the side passage incase there are more goblins.

Double Move to L15

1,051 to 1,100 of 16,218 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.