Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


4,201 to 4,250 of 16,204 << first < prev | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | next > last >>

"Town's safe...Varl and my experience can only benefit those around us...plus, it doesn't hurt that an enchanter set up shop recently. Helps to add a bit of flare and protection to the weapons Varl makes." Boostful talk from the gnome bard but several of you have seen him help from the back firsthand.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Graveyard? No, we've not been there as of yet. What have you heard? As to value, I can be of great service, both with skill and material. What would you say to a bargain?"


The dwarf belches loudly, "Bedder... more room fer beer." He follows this with a toot, "double the space now." He looks at his empty tankard then rubs his stubby fingers through his beard, "Whatcha lookin' t'know? Always up fer a bargain."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Throughout this Grimm happily quaffs a tankard or four. Keeping a keen ear on the story but also ears open for Villis rresponse to his offer. There were plenty of whores in every town for a person with coin. But he'd only once in his life shared a bed with an elven woman. A barbarian elf, if there ever was such a thing. The whole event started as a friendly wrestling match turned punch up turned romp. The best part was it was merely two hardy souls caught up in the moment, all thoughts of what was accepted given over to passion. When it was done both were open about not wanting anything more and remained the best of friends. A too nice a tale for some. No drama. But that was how he liked things. Simple. Villis reminded him of her...


The elf certainly has been quite forward and responsive to Grimm's advances. She's a warrior, a hunter, tracker and survivalist one to live off the land but she has a clear understanding that death can happen at any time, so she lives life to the fullest which includes her romps.

Vilis eagerly matches the dwarf drink to drink, although she prefers ale over mead and she's bit sloppier towards the end. "y'should get paid first...I'll get our room."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Well, now, Nib, I am looking to place a keen edge on my bastard Sword before heading to Quint's for some new armor. Can you, or should I say varl, aid with the sword?


Malcolm Cavendish wrote:
Well, now, Nib, I am looking to place a keen edge on my bastard Sword before heading to Quint's for some new armor. Can you, or should I say varl, aid with the sword?

"Good sir but of course I can be of assistance." He has a broad smile on his angelic face, "Did I not just advise there is a new enchanter in town, through MY encouragement, persuasion and ability to befriend even a stone giant, the good wizard has graciously agreed to perform magical mysteries for Varl's Edge, which of course, you know I am part owner of."

In typical bard fashion why limit yourself to a short s3ntence when a flowery one will do.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Well, this graveyard seems to have people up in arms. Perhaps the information regarding that would be helpful. And I've heard tell of some outlaw sheriff types, making trouble for honest citizens. Maybe you've heard something about that?"


"Sheriff Ostland and his merry band of hoods...'ware that Felrara - human woman gone astray - that has the sheriff's." He holds his hand out to indicate a cup. "Y'git the meaning. They roam the Coast Rood mostly...they've a got a hideout west of the graveyard 'bout 15 miles ... so I've heard, and it's west of coast road to." He gulps his next mead.

"Purty much best kept secret in the land that the graveyard is "THE" entrance into the dungeon of death. Hard to miss it." he drinks more, "Got a map? I can give y'some indication fer these landmarks."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"A map, sure I do. That's our task around here, after all!"

Karnog pulls out a map while signalling to the barkeep for another pair of spiced meads.

"Now, I wouldn't be telling anyone you mentioned these fellows or the "entrance" to us, might be bad for you if the villains twigged onto you as an informant, right?"

Karnog pours as much dwarven concern as possible into the meaningful look he delivers to Turrand.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm unbuckles his Bastard Sword and sheath, and presents it to Nib, hilt first.

Here you are, sir. Please take care, as this is a family heirloom.


"Sure you want a keen edge to this fine blade....right? It'll be ready tomorrow...lunchtime. Stop on by Varl's Edge t pick her up, she'll have a nice bite."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Thanks, I am assuming the customary 2000 Gold fee? This does need to be a magically enhanced permanent keen edge. That is why I am trusting you with it. I will swing by tomorrow to complete the transaction. I thank you.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"I'm looking for something a bit more specific. Something that helps me blend in a bit."


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

Karnog and others Turrand would have marked your map with some hot spots and locations of interests, including the hamlet zelcor Ferry, the main entrance to the RA (graveyard), the suspected area wither the bandit sheriff hides out. he would ahve been one of the merchants you pawn minor items off to which he brings back to Zelcor's Ferry. Basically he travels and trades the route.

Eventually the group will make their way to your employer at his shop: Featherton's Guides.

"Well met everyone ...well met, I heard you were back in town. From the look of you, you've had good meal, or three," he winks at the dwarfs. The he solemnly ods at Malcolm and Grimm, "Sorry 'bout your group...are you going to continue on with the others? Losses are always hard to bare."

"I've some accounts to settle with you," he'll listen to claimed bandits and goblins that terrorized the northern areaand he'll take the maps you've created. Giving each of you the $5000 gold promised.

"Well...well...shall we continue business together? Perhaps a few changes on the bandit killed need to be arranged or I'll be broke." It's clear paying you all 30,000 gold pieces was a bit more than he wanted to give. "I'll like to continue with you mapping the wilderness and any cavern, lair, or fortification that you happen to come across...but the any bandits that you kill...you retain their gear."


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

"You all did a fine job in a short time. Fentonville appreciates the help you gave to the farmers. You all have any questions or concerns?" He pausues, "I take it your going to rest up and resupply before heading out again? Any idea where your going to go?"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond, with his feet kicked up, almost falls out of his chair backwards at the gold. He starts chuckling, then laughing so hard it takes a minute to calm down. "No no, I'm fine! It's just Sheyan's going to get a kick out of this when I tell him how good this pays!" With an occasional chuckle, Desmond sits back down. "Well from what I've heard this deal sounds pretty sweet. As long as everybody else is willing I'm ready to continue on with this mission. North perhaps?"


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

"Personally, I would prefer dealing with this Sheriff Ostland as soon as possible. The impersonation of authority cannot be allowed to continue."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I agree, Vatilda. We should eliminate this threat post haste."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Such malfeasance on the part of the Sheriff should indeed be rectified immediately.


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

FYI everything is south of Fentonville. S, SE, or SW

"Y'know he use to be a decent guy...er, well on the surface at least. Things became worse when that Felrara joined his patrol, we've had other complaints but he is the law...duly appointed, just gone corrupt, or so, they say, if you believe the rumors and stories."

"Nirmathas since it's freedom from the Empire of Cheliax and then Molthune hasn't had a strong central government....it's more fragmented, power lies in the villages and town, and cities. That has permitted folks like Sheriff Ostland to exist."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

'When we cross paths he will be obliterated. Worry not."


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

Walter's left eyebrow raises at Kalim's simple statement.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond's chuckling stops. "Well, worst case scenario. Well I guess that would be worst case scenario that we still won."


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

"Take few days to rest, shop and train before you head out. If I can be off assistance you know where to find me." The gnome then begins to examine the "new" map additions and going about his business.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm is blatantly honest.
Don't care where we go so long as there's plenty of fightin. Pay's good so me sword is yers.


I'll move this game forward, if there is no objection. If anyone has anything they want to ask an NPC before departing Fentonville now is the time to do so. The main NPCs at this time are: Turrand (dwarf trader), Walter Featherton (employer), Jenar Hickory (owner/bar keep of the slywink), Nib (short sword member and part-owner of Varl's Edge), and Alyi'ensi Windborn (wizard), Tiny "the Tinker" (local good natured drunk)

Over the ten (10) days you are in town the group is able to procure the items requested. During that time you've met a the enchanter known as: Alyi'ensi Windorn, an elf who enjoys a good spiced wine and is a prone to flirt with Jenar.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I am assuming that I also met Quint due to the Armor that I sold and bought, too?


Evil GM

Yes, I haven't made an NPC out of him yet but I'll do so now. I'm basically providing you several outlets for goods, services and information. There are also other places in the town to go explore if you desire like the Abbot' Apiary and I can easily enough add a new shops and merchants if there is something you are interested in doing.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Good deal...I'm all set.


"Aye, that's a fine suit of Elf chain y'got there. Been working on it for a month now, just knew it would go quickly." he measures you, crimps a few links, "Barely needs adjustment, have it done in a jiffy." He whistles a somber battle tune in the remembrance of fallen warriors while he works.

When he's made a few minor adjustments, he refits the paladin, "Heard of y'tales in town, it's sort of the talk right now. So, where y'headin' next, if you don't mind me askin'"


"Ahhhhh yes, good sir," acknowledging Desmond who is wearing a fine looking cloak, "just got that special enchantment on y'armor...nice dull grey barely hear it too."


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

A fine job, thank you Quint. I wish you luck selling off the items that I sold to you for a handsome profit. They have served me well. I think that we are heading to the Sherrif's location to rid the area of bandits along the road.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond heavily admires the armor, giving Quint a firm handshake. "Simply marvelous, I'll recommend you to everybody I know!"


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm bids Villis goodbye as he leaves.
Been a memorable few days, girl. Don't think I ever met yer like. Still need ta teach ye ta handle yer drink. Keep better company than yer last job aye? Rather find ye at the head o a band o warrior's yer equal, not in a cell.

With that he gives her hand a warrior's grasp, matched by her own, contrasting with her small elf frame.

When he rejoins the others, he is ready for the road again.
We doing this


Evil GM

With all the access issue Paizo has had over the last 2 days, I will try to get up a post moving the group out of Fentonville by this evening.


Evil GM

After a hearty breakfast the group begins their journey south. There's a caravan about preparing to depart the town the next day. A few hours into the journey you come about three riders, they look tired and battle wary. They pull up into a slow trot when they see the party approach.

"What news from Fentonville? a half-elf asks, he has loosely knitted scar on his left cheek.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"All is well in town. There have been some new settlers, producing fine quality metal works and plenty of good food available."

Karnog looks over the men for signs of injury or illness.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Heal.

"Are you in need of medical attention, or otherwise require aid?"


Evil GM

They wave off medical attention, "Thanks for the offer but we should be fine." He sniffles, "Ran across a hoard of bugbears three days to the south just over Coast Road Bridge. Ambushed us...we rode hard, barely escaping."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"How many? And did any of your group get taken?"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond turns his head at the mention of bugbears. Bloody brutes. Just intelligent enough to be dangerous, but still too stupid to be useful for anything other than fighting.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

We should investigate the area of the attack. Maybe Des can track the Bugbears so we may eradicate them.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Whoa there, I'm no tracker. You'd have to call Sheyan back if you wanted that."


Evil GM

"They laid a log trap on the road and popped from both sides real quick like...probably 15...could've been more." He shakes his head, "Nobody taken just lost a line of horses and mules carrying supplies and bit of wealth from from an expedition." He winces, "Could've been worse, suppose."

"They killed the first horse in the line so, we had to let go."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm coughs loudly.
Well I ain't no ranger or bloody Doo-dad, but I can track a bit, hunting witches kinda requires ye ta be decent at it.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond mulls it over, then jumps down and begins moving ahead of the group. He turns around, jogging backwards to explain. "Call me jumpy, but I'd rather have an uneventful trip. I'll see if there's any surprises waiting for us." Desmond takes off ahead, then begins skulking around to scout any potential threats.

Take 10 on stealth but moving at full speed, so take 10+19-5=24. Love that shadow armor.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond snorts at Grimm. "Oh I'm going to tell that to him, he won't find it funny at all. Why don't you scout the right side and I'll scout the left?"

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Evil GM

Your only a few hours south of Fentonville right now, there parts are quite clear of danger now that you've handled the goblin outpost.

The traveler's will show you on the your map the area where they were ambushed. [ooc]If you look at the Wilderness Map previously posted, it was just south of the northern most bridge on the map. (West of number 11 on the key)


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Your only a few hours south of Fentonville right now, there parts are quite clear of danger now that you've handled the goblin outpost.

That's just what you want us to think >.>


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm consults the Wilderness Map and the area designated by the travelers.

Sorry, Des, then Grimm it is. Take point once we arrive at the designated location and try to track the beasts. It is, afterall, on the way to the Sherrif"s.

4,201 to 4,250 of 16,204 << first < prev | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.