Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


8,251 to 8,300 of 16,204 << first < prev | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | next > last >>

AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Change is the only constant thing in this world."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond arcs a brow. "Why have you chosen to help us?"


"Help? I suppose it can be looked at that way. Your friend is perceptive. I'm looking out for myself and my house. Your actions could have beneficial ripple effects to my house. If you choose to create some of the chaos, I'll benefit...as your friend pointed out my race is generally not altruistic. But we are not all pure evil, although many are." She sips her wine. "I benefit if you strike the outpost and open a direct path to the surface, as that will weaken the current powers here in the city. They will have to send their god-awful clerics and warriors to refortify the outpost. Likewise, if the path can remain open, I'll benefit from trade with the surface." You clearly hear the contempt in her voice when she's referring to Orcus. "That'll provide opportunity for chaos and possibly upheaval' She shrugs. "It's low risk for me to push you in that direction you take the risk...I don't."

She eyes everyone in the conversation. "If you choose instead to meet the Captain of the Guard, he'll probably make an equally bold suggestion to weaken his nemesis, Tribitz, the goblin cleric of Orcus, in the city ."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

I'm about 95% sure I share her alignment.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"All fair enough, but what do we get out of it? Destabilization of this place could indeed prove useful, but if you're detecting some of my compatriots' alignments, you'll know this pot needs to be sweetened for them."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I agree, Kalim. I would like to get those slaves out of here, and possibly eliminate some of those clerics. Question, how do you feel about orcs?"

Karnog addresses his last question to the drow lady.


"Those slavers are off to the slave pit by now. If you try to start something now - here - you'll be overwhelmed eventually. Sure you will kill quite few but their shear numbers ill crush you eventually. Besides you have what a couple spell slingers at best, by the looks of you. They have dozens. I'm sure they have quite few with much more experience to." She pauses to let that sink in. "If you take a meeting with captain of the guard, he may be able to aid you in some way." She blinks a few times, "If you take the fight to the outpost and destroy the contingent there, you will weaken the city because they will have to send out support."

"Orcs? Well that depends on which side of the falchion I'm looking at. I once had an orc train me in my house...he was useful. Why do you ask?" I think I know what Karnog is planning.

She looks up at Kalim, "What do you get out of it? Kill some goblins and hobgoblins that have it coming," she looks at Malcolm, "You get to put a kink in Orcus' worshipers." Her attention then goes to the entire group, "Open up trade route. You may even be able to limit goblin surface raids. Perhaps it can serve as rallying point for an eventual excursion into the Slave Pit."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I ask about orcs because I happen to know of a clan which may be in need of a new place to live. And if this outpost is taken by a group of darklands creatures which turn out to be fantastic guardians of a potential surface weak point for the city, well, that helps everyones cause. Except for those folks who already are at the outpost, I suppose."

"This may be workable, in the long run. We can change the power dynamic here by a little, and with some time and effort bring it towards a more amenable society. Again, almost everyone benefits."


I thought that was going to be your suggestion.

Her thin eyebrows raise, "They'll need to be strong to hold on to it."

Just so you understand there are two different opportunities be presented but they can blend into one another because they each deal with weakening the city's current hierarchy. 1. A direct assault on the outpost. 2. Meeting with the Capt of the Guard.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

I think the meeting is our best starting point. Worse comes to worse, we get some intel on the outpost. Potentially we get a significant advantage.

"Well, they are orcs, so strength is pretty much what they do. And with some engineering and leadership, holding a defensible position should be well within their capabilities. Fortifications and cooperation is sort of what we do, after all." Karnog motions towards Malcolm and himself as he says this last part.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung grunts in displeasure at being left out of the last bit


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Apologies, friend Grungsdi. I would have assumed you to prefer a more "axe to face" method of defense."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"You are our favorite maniac, Grungsdi. No typical descriptors do you justice. As for our prospective influence here, I believe talking to the captain is a good route ...for now. Xil'etha, I appreciate your candor. I ... we are playing the long game. This place ...could be a powerful ...ally."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung grunts in approval twice, not trusting himself with large words like "descriptors"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

To weaken Orcus and potentially establish a profitable trade route gives me plesure. I will follow the lead of Karnog on this one.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"So, Madam, what can you tell us about the Captain of the Guard? And when should we expect to meet him?"


"As stated earlier, Herzord has ambitions to assume the seat of power in Greznek He despises and distrusts Tribitz, and is himself revered by most of the citizenry of the city. Unfortunately for Herzord, his troops, including some of his lieutenants, do not share his distrust of Tribitz."

She pauses a second then continues. "He is a solid tactician, intelligent speaks several languages, not rash like most around here. Although he likes his whip if his troops get out of hand."

"There is no time like the present to depart. Too many eyes and ears around."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"This Herzod sounds like a person we may be able to work with. What is his persuasion with regards to religion? A true believer of some sect or another? More of a secular leader? I agree with a rapid deployment, no sense in giving our enemies more time to inveterate us."

Karnog finishes off his wine and places the cup down.

"Any issues, any objections? Shall we create Meathead his new armor before we set out?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung grunts approvingly, and fills his mug with beer


Goblin NPC

The goblin barkeep reappears and asks Xil'etha. "Tribitz mad, guud goblins and some not so guud, eaten and burned," Hehehehe, "fire guud, if you on right side of blast." He chuckles more. "Anyway Frothy hear Tribitz, the Almighty, want volunteers to go kill hydra. Brings heads back to him for big, big reward. Yous go kill?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Hydra killing! Sounds like a plan! Grung is very excited by this prospect


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"A meeting with the Captain of the Guard, a fight against a hydra, and all kinds of potential trouble to come? Yes, let's take a moment to get Meathead settled."

Karnog pulls the ogre to a more secluded corner and empties his bag of the raw materials for his new armor. Taking some measurements and eyeballing him, he begins softly humming a working song.

Casts Fabricate: Craft (armorsmithing) to create armor: Take 10 for DC 16

"I can do the finished polishing and cleanup masterwork quality when we bed down for the night. Well, what do you think? "


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

I forgot to mention this while I was on vacation, but Kalim would love to chip in for something for Meathead. A thousand for his half of the Natural Armor, right?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"A pleasure," Kalim bows curtly to the drowess. "I'll be in touch."

Later, Kalim remarks upon Karnog's armor for Meathead. "You will look amazing in this! And be so powerful! We hope you enjoy the amulet, as well."


Evil GM

In case you haven't noticed there are now three different paths: 1. attack on the outpost, 2. Meet the Capt of the guard and plot for the overthrow of Tribitz, and 3. Meet Tribitz and kill a hydra and potentially dispose of the Capt of the Guard.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Can I make hydraskin boots? HMM


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I still believe our best first step is to talk with the Captain. From there, we determine if the hydra or outpost are more pressing. Who knows, maybe we can lure the monster into proximity with the fort and solve two problems at once!"


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"I'm loath to make a judgement on the two before meeting them both." He glances after the drow. Especially in a pit of vipers like this.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Indeed, Karnog. In fact, perhaps the hydra could give us a chance to earn our target's trust. But first let us speak with this Captain."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Sounds like a plan is set."


"Hit me wit stick...go 'head, hit me, Meath'd want to see new shiny armor." He whacks at his own chest with his fat hand.
Although he is careful not to ask Malcolm that question...he sort of fears the paladin.


"We'll head out within the hour." She puts a few coins on the table for the wine.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung finds a rock and throws it so it clangs off the breastplate


Smiling Meath'd sort of hops and spins happily after the rock hits.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Ha!" Desmond takes out his swords and dances around Meath'd, blades bouncing off of armor. "I may be faster than you, but I can't get past this damned armor!"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung grunts approvingly the. Approaches meat

stand with your feet like so. And angle your body like so. You will find that strikes glance off and make it harder for them to hit you later.

he is the armor master archetype after all!


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Amused of the show with the ogre Felicitas moves closer to Malcolm.


Male, Ac 22,T16,FF18, F4,R6,W5, Fly 23, Dipl +9Perception 12, Stealth 17,UMD 13 SR 13 Ini+3 Faerie Dragon Familiar

InMalcolmsHead:
You hear the dragons voice in your head:"You are a wise man sometimes!"


I need to put up a map when I get home, it's sort of a maze of tunnels to get you to the exit leading to goblin barrack level.

"If you haven't figured it out I'm sort of a loose adviser to the Captain of the Guard, so I'll be able to get you to see him and take you through areas you would otherwise be less than welcomed." She stands up. "Let's go." When she stand her guards begin to move. Two take point to lead the way, and ensure there is no trouble, while three others remain in the rear.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm smiles at Felicity briefly before returning to his stoic nature. He thinks, hoping the dragon can hear him.

In Malcolm's Head:
Thank you, Aurora. I will feel much more comfortable when the ruse is complete.


Evil GM

The drow steps up to Malcolm, "This place can wreck havoc on your faith. I will spare you a test by taking you via another route. She discreetly motions to an area, an unholy pool lies that way, when ever an follower of Orcus has pure or good thoughts they bathe there. I understand it could drain your power if your will is not strong." She then proceeds to head in the other direction.

Area 8 is a small common goblin cave there were 6 goblins hanging out trading some goods and resting.

Area 17 - Distributed throughout this large cave are four “Fight Circles,” actually just a series of stakes hammered into the cave floor in the form of a circle. A favorite past time for the goblins of Greznek — in fact, the only past time for the goblins of Greznek — is the blood sport called “Circle Fighting.” Two contestants are placed — usually by choice — within the circle of stakes, each is handed a club, and the combatants then proceed, cheered on by spectators who wager the fights’ outcome, to slug it out until only one is left standing.

There is crowd in the cavern right now as you see three of the fight circles are in full operation. There are several opponents: humans (3), goblins (2), and an orc all competing right now.

Areas 9 - Goblins know nothing of privacy. They live like rats or worms, sprawling beside one another amid their trash and fetid smell. Occasionally, the odd goblin employs a blanket or bedroll of some kind, but more often they simply lie down on the cave floor wherever there is a free spot. Each cave houses 70 to 80 common goblins and about half are present in each cave as you pass through.

Area 13 - Stationed here at all times are 2 elite guards. Generally, no one other than a member of the guard or a cleric is allowed east of this area. Although your drow guide is given berth.

Area 12 - The goblin guards and patrol leaders are stationed here. There are 40 cots along the north and east walls for the guards and another dozen cots along the south wall for the patrol leaders. At any time, half the guards (20) and patrol leaders (6) are on duty patrolling the city, while the other half remain here, sharpening their weapons and fixing their armor. There is winding tunnel that out towards destination.

Updated map of the twist and turns


Evil GM

After a 30 minute walk you come to a small level that is known as the Goblin Barracks. You were told by Xil that this small level contains additional barracks for the goblins of Greznek. There is a porticulus On the north side of the portcullis 1 elite guard stands watch at all times.
The winch and pulley for the portcullis are on the eastern wall just south of the door to Area 13A–4. At the sound of approaching footsteps, the guard barks, "Who goes there in broken goblin." After a bit of an exchange Xil puts you in the room (labeled 4). "Now we wait."

Map of Level 13A


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Quite a force here. The Captain is a hobgoblin, correct? "


"Correct."


Goblin NPC

About an hour later a squad of well equipped hobgoblin guards comes to the room, in undercommon they say, 'We take yous now."


Evil GM

Assuming for the moment that you're not going to go ape dung at the goblins/hobglblins in the meeting I'm only moving felic to the room that you will be escorted to. If you decide to fight then I'll adjust the map at that time.

You are escorted through the complex and a few things that you notice is the walls and floors are finished sotne work, the doors are reinforced steel, heavy portcullis, and a large amount of heavily armed hobgoblins and goblins line the halls and rooms that you pass through. You feel they spent the the last hour getting armed and organized for show of strength.

You are brought to area 10: There you see a room that serves as an office and meeting area, and it contains a wooden table (Herzord’s desk), a lamp, and five wooden chairs. A whip hangs on a hook on the western wall, directly behind the desk. On the table are a quill pen and several sheets of vellum with information about the troops and their general state of readiness.

Standing behind his desk is Herzord, a tall but sold hobgoblin, he wears full plate and has a greatsword on his back, leaning against his desk is a beautiful composite long bow. He eyes each of you as you enter the room, clearly accessing skill and threat levels.

dwarven:
"Welcome to my compound. "

Then in common: I will use the tongue you are most comfortable with today. Welcome to my compound. I am Herzord, Captain of the guard."

Updated Map


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Goblin:
May your battles be glorious and your victories countless and your enemys wet their beds when they hear your name in fear

"Well met, Captain Herzod, I am the Silvertongue and those are my allys. We came to your city and found it a marvel. In a tavern we met your... advisor and she suggested that we could be of mutual benefit. As I can see in your office she was right. We seek a safe heaven here, to rest after our journeys and sell our loot and I have the feeling you seek to increase the stability of this city. Am I .. correct?
SM: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog grunts in surprise at being addressed in dwarven, but shows no other signs he recognizes the language.

Standing behind Felicitas, he tries to remain affably intimidating without being outright threatening.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung polishes his shield, occasionally spitting on it to try to get the perfect shine


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond also remains quiet, but instead of being intimidating he stays next to Feli and studies. His eyes meet each armed creature in return, the locked gazes of fighting men at peace who may have to kill each other at a moment's notice.

8,251 to 8,300 of 16,204 << first < prev | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.