Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


2,851 to 2,900 of 16,204 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

The perfection of Abadar is not silent dwarf.

Yeah, stealth is not going to work for me. I will make the roll, and you will inevitably use yours. I could fall back in the order, but that may not be the wisest choice. Grimm, you cannot handle everything yourself...I gurantee it, based upon past combat in this thread. Plus, in case you forgot, they already know we are here, even if we are approaching from a different location.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

I don't need your modifier or bonuses. Just for you to stay within 60ft of my darkvision and for you to ROLL!
I use the highest ROLL and add my own modifiers which are pretty good. Getting 2 rolls to pick from on average ups the chance of success by 25%. So by staying 40ft away I am in enough darkness to hide but only a charge away for you to back me up. ;) I know I can't solo Baldwin's game.

Don't need ta be. Just keep it down enough ta let me cast a divine favor on Meself if I ain't spotted, ye can charge in all bright n shiny when the screamin starts. Fair deal?


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan inclines his head at the expectant Teima, who pads forward silently next to Grimm


Female Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Teima looks up to Sheyans in acknowledgement, making her way to the new short pack mate. She makes sure to brush against his leg so he knows she's there.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Evil GM

The dwarf reaches the bottom of the steep stairs when Malcolm starts to make his way down with his torch. He moves lightly in the shadows.

DM Rolls:

perception vs stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
stealth: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31

Grimm's Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
I DMPC's your perception to speed things up a bit.

Grimm you have entered a wine cellar. There are casks of wine in stands that are recessed in this vaulted, moldy cellar.

Grimm can you put your initiative and Perception scores in your profile header, so I don't have to flip pages to find those numbers.


Male Orc Druid 10

Wine and mold, oh no! Scent has been rendered useless!


Evil GM

MAP Below Ground


Evil GM

Grimm moves forward quietly as Malcolm follows down the stairs with the others behind him. The light pierces the darkness of the stairwell and there's a high pitched screech.

I assume you are letting 5 ft between characters. Tell me if you want something else.


Evil GM

RA initiative:

Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Grimm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Vatilda: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Sheyan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Stirge Swarm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

RA: Initiative:

Stirge Swarm
Grimm
Sheyan
Vatilda
kalim
Karnog
Malcolm

Current Map

The others are not on the map yet, since they still need to descend the cellar stairs.


Evil GM

There is buffeting sound that joins the high pieced screeching as a swarm of stirges flutter from the ceiling of this molding cellar. The tiny critters swarm around Malcolm, flying and climbing all over him.

Malcolm gets an AOO

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 6, 8) = 22
blood drain, con damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
*roll a d100

I lessened the con damage dice from d6 to a d4.

They did not notice Grimm entering the cellar, nor did Grimm notice the swarm.


Evil GM

Updated Map


Evil GM

Grimm and Teima are on one side of the wine cellar near the rear you see a husk of a small creature...you figure it looks vaguely goblinoid.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm had the usual hate for Goblins that all his race did. He charges, not shouting though since the less their foes outside this room heard, the better

Greatsword Charge, PA Destructive Smite Flatfooted: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 22
Damage, enhancement, str, PA, , DestructiveSmite: 1d12 + 1 + 6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 6 + 3 + 2 = 21


Evil GM

The swarm acted first so it's not flatfooted Grimm.

Grimm you strike the stirge swarm a few drop to your blade but your weapon doesn't cause as much harm you'd think.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Swarm? I was going after the Goblinoid!


Evil GM

The goblinoid was a husk of person...already dead and drained of blood. Swarm food. I applied your hit and damage to the swarm of stirges.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Ouch! Did you need a d100 from me?

Round 1 - AoO, 4 Con Dam

Get these things off of me!

BS Att: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog moves up to smash the swarm with hus hammer.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 to hit; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage


Evil GM

Yes - Malcolm the first time anyone hit by the stirge swarm needs to roll a d100.

Malcolm hits with his AOO.

Karnog reacts quickly approaching with his hammer to smoosh some of the tiny creatures. His weapon seems to hit the creatures better than the bladed weapons.


Evil GM

RA: Initiative:

Stirge Swarm - attacks malcolm 22 Hp, 4 con
Grimm - hits with bladed weapon for 10 HP
Sheyan
Vatilda
kalim
Karnog - Hits with hammer for 6 HP
Malcolm - AOO hit for 4 HP. Still has RD 1 action.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

1d100 ⇒ 13

Round 2, 4 Con Dam

Damn Stirges!

BS Att: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Not having much better to affect the swarm with, Grimm drops his axe and draws his WARHAMMER, activates BANE and smashes at a denser cluster of the stirges.

2 hand PA, Bane: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 3 + (4, 5) = 26

At least ya ain't got concern fer these things!
He was talking to the engulfed Malcolm, but was unaware how hurt his ally was.


Evil GM

Malcolm:
Your blood has been drawn but fortunately you have not contracted any diseases/illnesses.

As the flock of striges drain the paladin's blood he lashes out striking the foul creatures hitting for some damage.


Evil GM

Grimm I will note you attack for next round. If you are still online make another one in case I need it for an AOO, if they move over to you.


Male Orc Druid 10

Unfortunately I don't have any area of effect spells prepared and at this level summon natures ally cannot duplicate any either. How do you think an entangle spell would effect them?


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

If required AOO:
2 hand PA, Bane: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 3 + (5, 4) = 24

I have BLISTERING INVECTIVE as an Area spell but it won't work on a swarm. Can't be intimidated


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim casts mage armor. Those things look nasty.


Evil GM

DMPC Vatilda: RD 1

Valtilda moves forward entering a wild trance and touches Malcolm with her healing energy,

CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 1) + 5 = 11


Evil GM

Wine Cellar


Evil GM

I'm going to assume that Keima moved away from Grimm near the wine shelves.

RA: Initiative RD 2:

Stirge Swarm -
Grimm -
Sheyan
Vatilda
kalim
Karnog -
Malcolm

RD 2


Evil GM

RD 2: Stirge Swarm

The swarm swithes over to it's new meal hearty dwarf and swarms over Grimm freeing Malcolm momentarily.

Grimm's AOO hits the flying critters with his warhammer causing several to drop dead on the ground but the group is till intact.

damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 5, 8) = 21
blood drain con damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

*roll a d100 to see if you catch any funky diseases.


Evil GM

Nothing like swarm to get the DM's blood going!


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Rolling for disease: 1d100 ⇒ 43

Don't forget my other bane attack I rolled for my turn. I take 21 damage from the attack and lose another 10 from the ability drain. Crap.


Evil GM

Grimm's RD 2 action from a previous roll:

It hits the swarm causing more damage, the swarm looks ragged and torn apart but it is still actively there.


Evil GM

No diease Grimm.

RA: Initiative RD 2:

Stirge Swarm - moved to swarm Grimm 21 HP, 4 Con damage
Grimm - AOO hit for 24 HP, RD 2 hit for 26 HP
Sheyan
Vatilda
kalim
Karnog -
Malcolm


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

That's better. Grimm is looking pretty torn apart as well. ;)
Another hit and he's gone!


Evil GM

Grimm and Malcolm both took significant damage and con damage. If they had stayed on one PC alone it would have been a close call.


Male Orc Druid 10

I'm sorry guys, I have furiously torn through my prepared spells and any possible critter from summon natures ally but short of entangle (which I don't think will work) I have absolutely nothing ready to hit multiple enemies


Male Orc Druid 10

Ah I was wrong! I have something to help here

Sheyan enters, shouting "Get back, stay away from the swarm!" Once they are broken free from the stirges, Sheyan waves a sharp crystal through the air, shouting "Icune mie neth li etnu!" The ground rumbles and a giant spear of ice erupts underneath the swarm, crushing some in the middle and bringing with it a frigid air that freezes some others.

Piercing and cold damage (2d6 of each): 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) + (6, 1) = 12

Making sure allies are clear before I throw the Icy Spear

Bah, Grimm is doing more than this with his hammer


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
Sheyan wrote:

Ah I was wrong! I have something to help here

Sheyan enters, shouting "Get back, stay away from the swarm!" Once they are broken free from the stirges, Sheyan waves a sharp crystal through the air, shouting "Icune mie neth li etnu!" The ground rumbles and a giant spear of ice erupts underneath the swarm, crushing some in the middle and bringing with it a frigid air that freezes some others.

[dice=Piercing and cold damage (2d6 of each)]2d6+2d6

Making sure allies are clear before I throw the Icy Spear

Bah, Grimm is doing more than this with his hammer

That's because BANE is awesome!


Male Orc Druid 10
Grimm Sharpest wrote:
Sheyan wrote:

Ah I was wrong! I have something to help here

Sheyan enters, shouting "Get back, stay away from the swarm!" Once they are broken free from the stirges, Sheyan waves a sharp crystal through the air, shouting "Icune mie neth li etnu!" The ground rumbles and a giant spear of ice erupts underneath the swarm, crushing some in the middle and bringing with it a frigid air that freezes some others.

[dice=Piercing and cold damage (2d6 of each)]2d6+2d6

Making sure allies are clear before I throw the Icy Spear

Bah, Grimm is doing more than this with his hammer

That's because BANE is awesome!

Yes I run an inquisitor in another one of my games and IMHO they are crazy strong. As long as they can identify what they're fighting they essentially get +2d6 damage to them. Although some other classes from non core are insane as well, magus and summoner come to mind


Evil GM

I dont' think the allies can get clear of the stirge swarm, there are 1000 tiny creatures all over your ally that round. I assuem you are going to save the spell rather than injure your comrade?


Male Orc Druid 10

I was hoping to hold my action until it was their turn and they could break free, and before the swarm could attack again I would slam it


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Blasted swarming bugs! Die, you bloodsuckers!"

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 warhammer attack; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 2, 4 Con Dam

Cleanse the impurity!

BS Att: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm is furiosly swatting at the swarm, reeling from the the horrible probiscuses as they Pierce his flesh.

Learn ta hit, ye Dolts!


Evil GM

Both Karnog and Malcolm miss their attacks.

Sheyan I don't see how Grimm can get away form the swarm for your spell not to also hit Grimm. I'll assume you did not cast it...the 12 HP would put Grimm down incidentally.

Actions remaining in RD 2:

Sheyan
Vatilda


Male Orc Druid 10

Well then I can do essentially nothing except swing a slashing weapon at it


Evil GM

That will do some damage to the swarm and it is looking a bit ragged.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan run into the swarm, swinging his scimitar through them

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

2,851 to 2,900 of 16,204 << first < prev | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.