Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


13,851 to 13,900 of 16,204 << first < prev | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Karnog's mass cure moderate wounds destroys the turning soldiers.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Can Kalim keep the spell then?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Good on ya lads. I’m King Grungsdi, but he can call me Grung. These are me companions, Kalim, Karnog, Desmond. What can you tell us about this invasion?

diplo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Can Kalim keep the spell then?

Yes


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

She inadvertently giggles when Grung speaks identifying himself as "King." You do notice she is very stately in her demeanor though, as if she could command a room. "I'm simply a lieutenant good King, but I appreciate your help." She bows to you. Her speech is very fluent with hints of nobility. Even though she has smears of blood and gore over her breastplate she holds herself out well. Desmond you'd think she'd clean up well.

diplo: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (3) + 23 = 26

Grung you'd think she is very gracious.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

When I return home, perhaps you could join as an ambassador! I am impressed with your demeanor and courage. Perhaps you could show us the best way to get back?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 sense motive.

Karnog bows his head with more jingles of beard rings against his armor.

"Grungsdi is right. Could you please guide us to the town? If it under attack, we could be of assistance."

Hopeful, but wary of the newcomer, Karnog looks over the party and inquires about injuries.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Seeing the dwarves do there introductions, Nym steps forward and bows deeply a flairious sweep of his hat

I, Nym Omriwin hutter of Or'cessss. in heavily accented common


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

You speak?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Wow, you are so beautiful you moved Nym to words."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

I steady e lean oop cooomen


Evil GM

Karnog:
You don't sense anything unusual about her but you do know she appears startled by the overall incident. Her squad is dead, there is evidence of great battle, she was wounded, and seeing her troops start to become undead is unnerving. Other than that, you do see she is exceptionally attractive even covered in blood and gore. She could easily fall into a diplomatic role for King Grung.

Desmond:
You do notice that the Lt is prettier than the vampire you shacked with.

Nym:
She does have you a bit tongue tied, she is that athletic and pretty.

Grung:
She is gorgeous even for dwarven standards. She would make terrific ambassador or even a queen. (Given she's not afraid to get her hands dirty in blood and guts)


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

Lt. Loreman blushes quickly but she stiffens and puffs out her chest. "Eyes up here gentleman, you are speaking to an officer. Yes, I'd like to get back to the city and your help would be appreciated." She nods. "City is that way, but my squad was separated and I'm sure sure it'll be a straight and easy track back."

does anyone have know nobility or local?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"What happened here? Were you ambushed? Or is it outright war?"


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

"My squad and I arrived in Fentonville a few days ago, before the siege. We were sent to assist from Nirmanthas" She pauses. "We were sent out to scout, the weather turned, and we were ambushed. I think the whole town is under attack. I assume it's an outright war."


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Looking at Melissaa Felicitas smiles and replies with a smile.
"You must be captain obvious. I think we should hasten and get the work done! There is a war waiting for us."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"By all means, lets go. We can settle our discussions of interest and employment after we destroy the army of undead, necromancers, and demons that seems to be besieging Fentonville. Here, take these, they'll come in handy, I'm sure."

Karnog dips into the bag of holding and removes 3 each of the following potions, then hands them to Lt. Loreman; CLW, CMW, CSW.

"Anyone else running low on potions? We have quite a few still remaining."

"I think we have some protective items in here, as well. A ring, a cloak, some armor and shield. I don't think we'll have time to don the breastplate, but the ring, shield, and cloak are yours to borrow if you need them."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 9

dm:
so she has no issue seeing a drow? I failed the since notice on it, but that was the reason for the roll.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

I need to get the loot list up but it may not be till later tonight or tomorrow.

She takes the potions and puts hem in her pouch. She waves off the cloak. Which ring of protection +1 or +3. One she will wave off the other she will slip on her finger if offered.

Nym:
I didn't factor in the race issue but yes, she would have double looked at you. Her thin eyebrows would rise slightly.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian
Felicitas Sweetfingers wrote:

Looking at Melissaa Felicitas smiles and replies with a smile.

"You must be captain obvious. I think we should hasten and get the work done! There is a war waiting for us."

She simply smiles at Felicitas.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung takes up point and leads the way

Brother can you fix these bruises?

Karnog wand or should I use potions?[/ooc]


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 7) + 3 = 14 HP healed
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 7) + 3 = 18 HP healed
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 8) + 3 = 19 HP healed

"That should fix you up, Your Majesty. Back to fighting fit."

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7 HP healed to me
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 = 15 HP healed to me

"Now I'm all sorted, as well. Let us hurry to the town!"

If she wants to borrow the +3 collar of protection, have at it. If not, the ring was the +1.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond takes note of the officer's puffed out chest.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym note:
hp 89


Evil GM

Loot list

(3) +1 corrosive longspear

The other demons were summoned so they disppeared to their plane of orgin when they hit zero hit points.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

What size? If medium, Kalim would love an addition to his collection.


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
What size? If medium, Kalim would love an addition to his collection.

These were large.


Evil GM

The group manages to maneuver closer to the Fentonville and you can see several fires smoldering. As you pick your way through the lines you can see the town put up some hastily made earthworks to act as walls and barriers. It seems readily apparent that the town itself is not a proper fortification. Near the southern access road you do notice there is proper stone wall being created. The magic users in yoru group do recall that town had a few relatively strong wizards, bards, and clerics that reside there and thus, would be the soruce of stonework.

Overall, you are looking at a mostly wallless town that is surrounded by mounds of earth and few stone/iron/bramble walls that were erected. In otherwords, it looks dire.


Male H Cleric 7, AC19/22, T 10, FF19, HP 26 /63. Int +2, P +10, F+9, R +3, W+9, CMB +8 (+10) ; (Tripping); CMD 19(19 vs. Trip);
Ongoing Spells:
divine favor +2 att/dam, shield of faith+3

To your great surprise as you get within 150 feet of the outer perimeter your small group is confronted by a volley of arrows that fall 7 feet short of hitting their target. You realize that the miss was on purpose.

"HALT!!! STATE YER PURPOSE" shouts a strong voice from behind a mound of earth.


Evil GM

There is a map of Fentonville under the Campaign tab and "Settlement and Establishments" spoiler. I haven't put up the earth mounds or walls yet.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Saving Fentonville from destruction and evil! grung calls

And getting some ale


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"It's Karnog, Kalim, and the rest of the Short Swords! We fought some demons on the way in, and found Lieutenant Loreman. I can help with the defenses, just show us where you need the assistance."

Karnog stows his hammer and steps in the open, with his holy symbol in plain view and hands raised.


Male H Cleric 7, AC19/22, T 10, FF19, HP 26 /63. Int +2, P +10, F+9, R +3, W+9, CMB +8 (+10) ; (Tripping); CMD 19(19 vs. Trip);
Ongoing Spells:
divine favor +2 att/dam, shield of faith+3

The squad leader waves the party through. "Good...good to have the help." As you enter past mound you can see several mounds created like speed bumps to funnel an attack. It's not the ideal fortification but it does show some ingenuity.

"We can use any help you can offer." He nods. "Mayor Featherton can be found organizing in his map shop. The Slywink is across the street and Jenar is still serving her spiced ale." He looks at Lt. Loreman, "welcome." He doesn't seem to recognize her.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Women and wine mostly! But also what they said!"

Desmond comes in with all the normal swagger he has. "Perhaps we should meet with the Mayor if we're going to be helping with the defense?" He suggests.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Lieutenant, where can we take you that you'll be recognized?"


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas snickers and smiles.
"Such a dashing man should be recogniced."


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

"We only arrived a few hours before being sent out on patrol. Even then we came in from the north, not the south. I not be surprised he doesn't know me." Her eye lashes bat a few times at the bard. Spend an afternoon with me and you'll remember me. She exhales. "My squad gathered in a caravan area when we received our orders.

As the group makes it's way inot the town you do see quite a few additional soldiers and mercenaries there that you ahve not seen before.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

perception: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 4 = 26 to notice that the guard doesn't seem to recognize the lt


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym whispers to Kalim

undercommon:
Something doesn't feel right about the human lady. Her reaction to me and that gaurd didn't seem to recognize her


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim furrows his brow and then casts Tongues.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

the Lt leans into Desmond and asks a question in a hushed voice,

Desmond:
"Is your friend a Drow? never seen one before...thought they were evil."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Well let's find out what there is to know, and how we can help. Then the ale!


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Kalim furrows his brow and then casts Tongues.

Nym related what he said


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Nym Omriwin wrote:


Nym related what he said

repeats stupid auto correct


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Undercommon:
"Something isn't quite sitting with me, either. We shall keep our eyes open."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog moves to the location of the largest collection of defenders, analyzing the earthworks, walls, and other emplacements.

"Tell me what you need, I will render aid however I can. I can bring up a wall of stone, shape stone, and a few other tricks. If you have materials nearby, I can fabricate some better defenses, or even weapons or armor. Of course, I can also heal anyone who's hurt. Just point the way."


Male H Cleric 7, AC19/22, T 10, FF19, HP 26 /63. Int +2, P +10, F+9, R +3, W+9, CMB +8 (+10) ; (Tripping); CMD 19(19 vs. Trip);
Ongoing Spells:
divine favor +2 att/dam, shield of faith+3

The young officer quickly explains how he could use some walls to help with the defense and in funneling assaults into killing zones. "Any help you can give would be appreciated."

You do notice his squad consists of 20 soldier and they are in charge of two of those earthen mounds. It's an area of 50 yards. You can also see several soldiers recuperating from wounds,

"We've been probed twice so far. it's a healthy distance between defensive rounds that we have to cover but we are up for it."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"For once, my unearthly powers can be used to build instead of destroy. I can offer you 720 feet of 3-inch-thick iron wall wherever you wish."Limited wish x3, 3 Walls of Iron!


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Melissaa Loreman, NPC wrote:

the Lt leans into Desmond and asks a question in a hushed voice,

** spoiler omitted **

Melissaa Loreman, possible future conquest:
"Indeed he is a drow, but he has no love for his kin. He has fought, ate, and slept faithfully at our side for weeks. He's saved our lives on a few occasions. If he has any evil intentions he is playing a very odd game."

While normally Desmond would take this opportunity to make a quip at Nym's expense, he knows that bringing a drow into a heavily populated area is not a joke, and he wants to make sure nobody with a grudge gets any ideas to be a 'hero'.


F Half-elf NPC/Expert/Librarian

Melissaa nods as Desmond answers her question, the then glances back towards Nym.

Desmond:
"Hope you are right...hate to bring a foe Inside the town." She exhales. "I hope I'll have a few moments to gather myself, clean my gear, and catch a few minutes to regroup before the next wave."

13,851 to 13,900 of 16,204 << first < prev | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | 283 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.