Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


12,201 to 12,250 of 16,204 << first < prev | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Battle Map with Fog of War added

Because of the rain and weather conditions everyone has limited vision - 20 feet. So count out 20 feet(4 hexes) from your token and that is what you can see.


Evil GM

Initiatve:

RA:
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Grung: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Feli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Desmond: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Nym: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

cyclops: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
stone giants: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Initiative order: RD 1

Kalim
Desmond
Stone Giants
Nym
Cyclops
Grung
Felicitas
Karnog

Everyone needs to state which direction you are heading. left: towards Karnog; straight: to the guardhouse; the right: towards Felic and Nym (if he is following her per the Aurora's instructions).


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog moves to the orc and quickly assesses his status. If he still lives, he'll get a quick cure light wounds spell.

Listening for attackers is hard with the wind and rain, but he keeps his head down and ears open as best he can.

RD 1/13 ankylosaurus counter


Bellowing from behind Desmond and Kalim is Meath'ds voice. "Me take troops to gate.He'll be heading straight to the gatehouse.

Desmond you are near Meath'd pulling up the rear leaving the stronghold. Grung is still farther behind.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Who is Meath'd heading towards?


Evil GM

You would hear him say he's heading to the gate. That's straight ahead.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Sorry I'm just a bit confused by the map. Are there any party members by the gate?


Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:
Sorry I'm just a bit confused by the map. Are there any party members by the gate?

Re the map: The weather has cut the vision down to 20 feet, so you can not see clearly. The gate is well beyond your vision area. Essentially you are still inside the stronghold at the doorway (right behind where kalim is on the map) about to head outside. You don't see Karnog nor do you see Felic outside. You can see Nym and Kalim. Grung is behind you in the stronghold putting on his armor.

From the doorway you can see out to I:13 on the map.

If you look under the campaign tab there is spoiler: Settlement and Establishments. That spoiler has an aerial view map of Orctown. You can see where the gate is on it and you can also see what is in the directions that Karnog and Felic are heading.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:

towards Felic and Nym (if he is following her per the Aurora's instructions).

yes Nym would be following. Did Nym cast Blink? <--was contingent on actual signs of trouble (like the war cries)


Evil GM

you stated you cast blink but it's up to you. You don't see the enemy but you do hear the crashing sound.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

with the crashing noise, everyones highten excitement, and the newness of the strom we'll go with yes he cast prior to leaving the cave entrance.


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 1

Kalim - to the right following Felic and the blinking Nym.
Desmond - to the left following sound of battle and hoping Karnog is there;

Stone Giants - attack
Nym
Cyclops
Grung
Felicitas
Karnog - moves to check on fallen orc

I get a post up later whether or not Kalim and Desmond get their posts up. Keep pressing forward.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

I'll try to head towards Karnog if I have any idea where he is.


Evil GM

Desmond moves up to the door and catches a glimpse of Nym heading to the right, but then he blinks. Desmond hears the sound of battle to his left....Split the party...yes, that always works out well for us. Instinctively he follows the sound to the left...hoping to find Karnog out in this torrential mess.

I will assume Kalim follows Nym since he is within sight.


RD: 1 Stone giants:

Felic:
You were pelted with pebbles and you figure there has to be at least one stone giant out there tossing boulders. As you move towards the building you come across two goblins on the ground. One has cracked leg that is bleeding badly and the other is missing his head. The ground is a gory mess and you see one boulder nearby that took the two goblins down.

There a loud sound of wood cracking, something smashed into one of the buildings on the right. There are a few cries in goblinoid coming from that area.

Then there's a bright flash in the air and loud boom. A bolt of lightning has hit a building.

Nym:
When you blink into the Ethereal Plane you see there's a giant there about 150 feet away. This sagely giant wears loose furs and a long cloak, and wields a large stone club covered with crystals. There's flash from her club. The giant is gone as soon as you see her.


Meath'd with a band of orcs

Meath'd leading a group of orcs rush out into the yard, heading straight towards the gate guard house.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym casts shield and then adjust course slightly. He calls out to the others

UnderCommon:
[b]"This way I saw one of them."[b]

20% miss chance for shield: 1d100 ⇒ 17 lol well now he is shielded in the Ethereal


Evil GM

Nym:
I just want to make sure you are clear you and the stone giant were both in the ethereal plain when you saw her. Then she blinked back into the material plain. You know she can blink too.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim follows Nym as best he can, casting Shield as well.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

gm:
thanks didn't realize that. I also didn't realize how much a pain blink is on casting 20% chance it goes off in the ethreal plain except force and abjurations. So my shield spell didnt fail. I didnt know it was abjurations

Nym hollers to Kalim and Aurora

Undercommon:
"I think its a spell caster and I think it's blinking"

didn't realize shield was abjuration so it did work. Nym's AC is now 25


RD 1: Cyclops

Karnog you can hear the sound of battle coming from the other side of the building. As you begin to kneel down to check on the fallen orc, you can see the heavy bolt sticking out of his stomach, the blood is still squirting so you figure he is alive. But just before you act (other than the movement) you catch rustling near the trees and two large figures.

One of the cyclops walks closer and fires a heavy crossbow at you,
crossbolt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23;damage: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

I think that misses you flat footed.

The second cyclops charges towards you with a greataxe and he chops down at your dinosaur using his 10 foot reach.

great ax: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13;damage: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) + 7 = 14

That misses the ankylosaurus.

I need to get an updated map.


Evil GM

Updated RD 1 Map

*Remember right now your vision is limited to 20 feet because of the weather. So you don't see what's happening on the other side of the yard.

**Grung I'm actually going to have you in the 8th Round of donning your armor. There are several orc commoners helping you out. I don't want you having to sit out this battle.


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 1 updated

Kalim - to the right following Felic and the blinking Nym. Cast shield

Desmond - to the left following sound of battle and hoping Karnog is there;

Stone Giants - attack
Nym - moved and cast shield

Cyclops - attacked Karnog and his dino (Held to ambush)

Grung
Felicitas

Karnog - moved to check on fallen orc. Std action remaining if you want to do something other than heal the wounded orc.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Dino Buddy "Smashy" Celestial Ankylosaurus

Spoiler:
NG Huge outsider

Init +0; Senses: darkvision 60', low-light vision, scent; Perception +14

Defense

AC 22, touch 8, flat-footed 22 (+14 natural, –2 size)

hp 95 (10d8+50); DR 5/evil, Resist Cold, Acid, Elec 10; SR 12

Fort +14, Ref +7, Will +4

Offense

Speed 30 ft.

Melee tail +16 (3d6+15 plus stun)

Space 15 ft.; Reach 15 ft.

Statistics

Str 31, Dex 10, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 8

Base Atk +7; CMB +19; CMD 29 (33 vs. trip)

Feats: Great Fortitude, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Overrun, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (tail)

Skills Perception +14

Special Abilities
Stun (Ex) The ankylosaurus's tail can deliver a powerful, stunning blow. A creature struck by this attack must make a DC 25 save or be dazed for 1 round. If the strike is a critical hit and the target fails its save, it is instead stunned for 1d4 rounds. The save DC is Strength-based.

Smite Evil: 1/day, +0 to hit, +10 damage

Smashy should have an AoO, since he has 15' reach and the giant has 10.

Tail Slap AoO: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 to hit; for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 3, 5) + 15 = 24 bludgeoning damage

Karnog AC is 28 FF vs giants


Evil GM

The tail strikes the cyclops it's a stunning blow that bedazzles the cyclops.

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

That's a vicious attack with the save each time it hits.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Seeing the orc still breaths, but now attended by several armed giants, Karnog turns his attention to the greater threats available.

With a whispered prayer to Torag, Karnog begins to glow and shine with the light of holy strength.

Angelic Aspect:

Angelic Aspect, Lesser

School transmutation [good]; Level cleric 2, paladin 2, sorcerer/wizard 2

CASTING

Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S

EFFECT

Range personal
Target you
Duration 1 minute/level (D)
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

DESCRIPTION

You take on an aspect of an angelic being, including some of its physical characteristics.

You gain low-light vision, resistance to acid 5, resistance to cold 5, and the benefits of protection from evil.

Angelic Aspect

School transmutation [good]; Level cleric 5, paladin 3, sorcerer/wizard 5

DESCRIPTION

This spell functions like lesser angelic aspect, except you gain low-light vision, darkvision 60, resistance to acid and cold 10, and DR 5/evil, and you sprout white feathered wings allowing you to fly at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. In addition, your natural weapons and any weapons you wield are considered good-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Net Benefits: +2 AC/Saves vs evil, DR 5/evil, weapons count as good aligned, low-light vision, fly 30', resist acid/cold 10, and have feathery wings.

Smashy is even nastier, since his strength boost increases the save DC to 25. Ankylosaurus are no joke!


Evil GM

Interesting spell that I never hear of before.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

From one of the splat books. Heroes of purity or something similar.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

all good! Never know if it is the right choice. But now I know I must put comfort on my armor and/or the instant girding potions


Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:
all good! Never know if it is the right choice. But now I know I must put comfort on my armor and/or the instant girding potions

it just stinks when all the action is happening around you and you can do nothing but watch. Similar to Des and Nym in that fallen angel battle.

The dwarf grumbles, "Fast'r the King's missin' all the fun...fast'r. And bring be a tank'd it's gonna be thristy work out there." The orcs work as fast as they can.

Two rounds remaining for armor.


Evil GM

DMPC Felicitas action:

The bard keeps moving forward to where she remembers the building to be but as she sees the gory goblin scene she pauses for second and hands the injured goblin a potion. In goblin she says, "Drink...it'll heal you...then go warn the others." The bulging eyed goblin blinks in amazement that a "big un" would stop to help.

Felicitas continues forward. She thinks to herself, her inspirational voice will be hard to follow in this torrential downpour. The sound of your voice will not carry as far as it normally does for your inspirational songs. then all of a sudden as you move under a tree you stop cold in your tracks. You can see at the edge of your vision a large shadowy figure that moves...a giant!


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 2

Kalim -

Desmond -

Stone Giants -
Nym -

Cyclops -

Grung - This is round 9 of 10 for Grung's armor.
Felicitas -

Karnog -

*Note: Meath'd is taking up the middle front gate battle. I'll be conducting that in the background and occasionally inserting a comment. The purpose is to show you that this is large complex battle with many facets to keep everyone involved in the action. Plus, it gives me something to do when I'm bored.

RD 2 Battle Map


Evil GM

Felicitas, aurora, Nym, and Kalim:
There's a chorus of loud roars on the right side of the battle near where Felicitas. The sound is muffled a bit due to the storm but whatever made it was a group of creatures, not a single entity.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond continues his blind stumbling towards Karnog.


Evil GM

Eventually Desmond you see one huge shadowy outline of a monster you've never knew existed. It has a long spiked tail. You also see a large cyclops standing there and at the edge of your vision, you notice Karnog by a someone on the ground.

You've never seen a dinosaur before and Karnog has never previously summoned one, so you don't know if it is an enemy or ally.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

gm:
is that the direction Nym saw the caster in?

Evil GM

Nym:
Yes but instinctively you know there's a lot more out there than one caster that is also blinking.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim follows and casts Communal Stoneskin.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

who all gets that cast Kalim?


Evil GM
Grungsdi wrote:
who all gets that cast Kalim?

It will be Kalim and Nym. The rest of you are too far away for him to touch. Even Felcitas and her familiar are too far ahead. Plus I think he needs to do a miss chance since Nym is blinking in and out of the material plane.

How far do your arms stretch now? You may be able to stretch and touch her. If you move 30 feet and cast you will be 25 feet from Felicitas. You will be next to the injured goblin.


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 2 update

Kalim - moved and cast stoneskin communal

Desmond - moved towards Karnog

Stone Giants -
Nym -

Cyclops -

Grung - This is round 9 of 10 for Grung's armor.

Felicitas -

Karnog -


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas will slowly move toward Nym and Aurora.Can you locate the enemy. Your dragon senses are, I admit, superior to mine!


Evil GM

Stone giants:

Felcitas stops cold seeing a large shape at the edge of her field of vision. She decides it's time to slow her movement and get back to the protection of the others but her reaction is just a bit too slow. Suddenly, she sees four large paws bounding toward her, the creature's nose twitching, as the brown matted fur rushes towards her...a dire bear. It roars loudly, the sound sets off answers from others that are nearby, as it dashes towards it's next meal.

bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33;damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

confirming crit:

bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30;damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

-----

Just as the dire bear attacks, the stone giant lumbers forward with massive greatclub ready to attack anyone that gets near. hold till someone gets closer. Fortunately for Felicitas the stone giant does not see her underneath the tree canopy.

-----
Other parts of the compound are under fierce attack as the battle rages on. There building that Felicitas was heading towards is in tinder stick now as it's been smashed by stone giants.

----

nym:
When you blink into the ethereal plane there is dire bear waiting for you there.


Evil GM

RD 2 updated Map


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym cast Blur blur miss %: 1d100 ⇒ 40 then continues toward where he saw the caster

Active on Nym:
SR 19
AC 25 (4 from shield)
Blink 50% MISS 1/2 DAMAGE ON AoE
Blur 20% miss
Stone Skin (from Kalim)


RD 2: Cyclops

The dazed cyclops simply stand there blinking but his companion steps up 5 feet to bash the foul small angelic human with his greataxe. (using his 10 feeot reach.)

att 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16;damage: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4, 6) + 7 = 20

att 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11;damage: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) + 7 = 12

orc's attempt to stablize self versus dying: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
*The orc is one step closer to dying as his life blood leaves his body.

----
As Karnog faces the challenge he hears sounds from the other side of the Dino...more cyclops on the the way.


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 2 update

Kalim - moved and cast stoneskin communal

Desmond - moved towards Karnog

Stone Giants - moved, dire bear companion mauls Felicitas.
Nym - moves and csts blur

Cyclops - attack Karnog and more move to positon.

Grung - This is round 9 of 10 for Grung's armor.

Felicitas -

Karnog -


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog deflects the cyclops swings with his buckler, sparing a glance for the downed orc.

"Foolish giant. Now you'll feel the pain of righteous anger, from my hammer and my ally's tail!"

Karnog touches the downed orc and points at the not dazed cyclops, whispering "Attack" to Smashy as he does.

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 CLW (dropping ant haul)

Smashy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 to hit, for 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 1, 3) + 15 = 20 plus stun (DC 25 fort negates)


Evil GM

Aurora:
The dragon senses trouble, he knows there is dire bear that attacked Felicitas and a stone giant looms over the nearby tree. He also senses others nearby. He can smell the magical currents in the air coming from the other side of the smashed building.


fort save versus smashy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

The second cyclops is dazed for the moment.

They come out of it in one round correct?

12,201 to 12,250 of 16,204 << first < prev | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.