Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


351 to 400 of 16,366 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim takes out his shortbow.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

As Nibb has already ready his crossbow (see earlier posts) he is going to whisper some arcane words learned in Ustalav, which carries his voice clearly to Argrim's ears with the slightest whisper.

Cast Message

And then whisper to Argrim.

("I hope this helps. With these, we can talk and prepare without drawing attention.")


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim whispers a reply, "I'm going to try to snipe one of them."

Let me get the flat-footed one.


Evil GM

Nibb - Kalim already cast message it will cover 2 people, I'll assume he touched you too. Unless you want to specifically cast it.

Argrim notches his shortbow. Are Argrim or Nibb doing anything else in the surprise round? If not, then lets begin Rd 1.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Nibb - Kalim already cast message it will cover 2 people, I'll assume he touched you too. Unless you want to specifically cast it.

Assuming that we are in range for Kalim's spell, then Nibb is going to make a

Perception check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

to spot the other goblin he hasn't seen yet.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Nibb - Kalim already cast message it will cover 2 people, I'll assume he touched you too. Unless you want to specifically cast it.

Argrim notches his shortbow. Are Argrim or Nibb doing anything else in the surprise round? If not, then lets begin Rd 1.

Does Argrim get a full round or just a move/standard in your surprise round? Yes, Argrim would do more if he had a full round.


Evil GM

Nib you see there is a goblin to your right about 35 feet in front of Agrim, who is 5 feet in front of you. The second goblin is 40 feet to the left of the trial. both have partial cover with the thick bushes.

Argrim you get a full round action of move/standard action. Drawing your weapon in combination with a regular move still leaves you an standard action.

Drawing a Weapon:

Draw or Sheathe a Weapon

Drawing a weapon so that you can use it in combat, or putting it away so that you have a free hand, requires a move action. This action also applies to weapon-like objects carried in easy reach, such as wands. If your weapon or weapon-like object is stored in a pack or otherwise out of easy reach, treat this action as retrieving a stored item.

If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you may draw a weapon as a free action combined with a regular move. If you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you can draw two light or one-handed weapons in the time it would normally take you to draw one.

Drawing ammunition for use with a ranged weapon (such as arrows, bolts, sling bullets, or shuriken) is a free action.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Then Nibb is moving a few steps left (5 feet step), aware of the goblin's presence, aiming with his crossbow to the critter's big head.


Evil GM

With Nibs movement to the left he has a better angle to the goblin on the right but he has no line of sight to the goblin on the left due to trees and bushes. Since nibb does not have map use right now, I'll describe the situation.

Is anyone forewarning Kalim via the message spell?


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |
baldwin the merciful wrote:
With Nibs movement to the left he has a better angle to the goblin on the right but he has no line of sight to the goblin on the left due to trees and bushes.

So, no cover then? Nice.

I've spent my move and standard actions, so the turn is over for me, though.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Warning should be a free action.


Evil GM
Varl Togaard wrote:
Warning should be a free action.

Yes it is, but nobody as indicated they were warning the main group. I was simply reminding the two lead players.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim Surprise Full Round Repost

Argrim whispers to Kalim, "We've two goblin guards up here still unaware. Be quiet."

He then stealths Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 along the trail pulling out his shortbow. He stops G17 and takes aim at the goblin E13. He nocks an arrow and shoots him shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 +1 vs. goblins included. If hit, he does damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6 including sneak.


Evil GM

The arrow misses the goblin in E13 (A 16 misses with partial).

perception to realize he was shot at: 1d20 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (19) - 1 + 4 = 22

he starts to squawk in gibberish tongue alerting his companion.


Evil GM

Surprise Round:

Argrim moved up to G17, drew short bow and fired at goblin missing.
Nibb - five stepped H20

Rd1:

Initiative:
G1
Argrim
Nibb
G2

I believe Argrim mentioned being 60 feet in front of the group. You can use this round to move up closer. I will roll the group into initiative beginning in Rd2.

MAP


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

To Agrim: ("Did you struck him down?")

"I hope this dwarf is a sharpshooter..."

If the goblin at the right is beyond the crossbow range (80 feet), then Nibb is going to make a

Stealth check:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

to move towards him and, once into the crossbow's reach, shoot at the goblin's head.

"Well, calm down Nibb. Aim... and... how does this work?"


Goblin NPC

Rd 1: If you can remember indicate the round in the upper left corner. I forget to do this at times too.

The goblin, E13, that was just shot at quickly fires a shot with his short bow at the dwarf.

goblin:
N'sty rock eat'n dwarf.

sh bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9;damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

It's not a sewer goblin but that was the avatar name I had in my list for RP.


Evil GM

Nib the Goblin you are looking at is only 35 feet away, so you don't have to move to get within range.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 1

"Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn." Argrim whispers to Kalim in Dwarven.

Seeing that he lost surprise on the first goblin, he goes for the snipe on the second. Argrim moves up G15, nocks another arrow, and shoots the goblin H11 shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 +1 vs. goblins included. If hit, he does damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 2 = 8 including sneak.


Evil GM

The second goblin slumps down with an arrow sticking in his throat.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Nib the Goblin you are looking at is only 35 feet away, so you don't have to move to get within range.

Nibb strokes the brim of his lucky hat, aim carefully

I spend a swift action to use Archaeologist's Luck for this round and a free action to maintain it the next round.

and...

Shoot!:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Argh! It didn't work! This is why I'm a scientist, not a fighter!"

After the epic miss, I use my move action to reload the crossbow.

To Agrim:("I missed. Perhaps we require an strategic reposition?")


Evil GM

Rd1: Summary

Initiative:
G1 - shot at Argrim but missing
Argrim - shot goblin 2 on the left side of the trail, hit for 8 HP
Nibb - used swift action Arch luck, missed crossbow
G2 - dead

initiative for remaining members beginning Rd 2:

Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Varl: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Rammellorn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Vatlida: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
G3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
G4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Rd 2

G1
Argrim
Rammellorn
Varl
Karnog
Nibb
Kalim
Vatilda
G4
G3

MAP Beginning of RD 2


Goblin NPC

RD2:

The remaining goblin (Goblin 1) in view fires his short bow again while he continues to squawk a warning in goblin. He fires at Argrim.

Sh bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15;damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

goblin:
"filt'y mudd'r of a worm puss."


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Rd1: Summary

Initiative:
G1 - shot at Argrim but missing
Argrim - shot goblin 2 on the left side of the trail, hit for 8 HP
Nibb - used swift action Arch luck, missed crossbow
G2 - dead
MAP Beginning of RD 2

This map should have Argrim moved up to G15


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 2

"Breathe and release." Argrim whispers to Kalim in Dwarven.

Argrim trades shots with the Goblin E13 shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 +1 vs. goblins included. If hit, he does damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8.

"Both goblins down. Here I come. More are coming." Argrim whispers to Kalim in Common.

Then, he moves back down the trail to F19 trying to get out of line of sight of Goblin E13.

I out tonight until 10pm ET.


Evil GM

Argrim you hit the goblin and he slumps over but you can hear the chattering of other excited creatures.

Rammellorn tends to post later in the day,so he can put his action up when he logs on or at the end of the round. If it becomes necessary i will DMPC him at the end of the RD.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Is there no other goblins in sight?


Evil GM

From everyone's current POV there are no more goblins,we are not out of initiative though.

The group can hears some high pitched chattering in the distance.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Get ready. Two down, more to come."


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

To Argrim and Kalim:("Wait here. I'm going to scout ahead.")

Then, Nibb concentrates while remembers the legends of Tian Xia's greatest ninja, men who can "vanish" in front of their enemies and move silently as the wind...

Cast Vanish

and moves carefully towards the noise's origin.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

I hope they won't be too far... since this spell only last 2 rounds, Nibb is moving full speed (20 feet), then make a Perception check to spot the goblins... and then run as hell back to the group XD


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Good job, stealth team. Let us set ourselves up to take advantage of their assault. Take what cover you can, and ready your ranged weapons to fire when we see their ugly melon-shaped heads!"

Round 2?:
Karnog takes his first turn to sheathe both warhammer and shield, and 5' step towards the closest cover.

Second turn after will be to draw his crossbow and ready to fire at a goblin.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

GM:
In case I didn't get home early, here is my
Perception check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
to spot the goblins.
Any positive results, Nibb is going to tell his findings to the party via whispered messages before going back.


Evil GM

Rd 2 update

G1 - shot at Argrim missed. Argrim shot him with an arrow, dead
Argrim - shot G1 killing him with arrow, moved to F19
Rammellorn -
Varl
Karnog - sheaths weapons and takes a 5 ft step closer.
Nibb - cast vanish as std action moved up to get a view of the Goblins.
Kalim
Vatilda
G4
G3

Goblin stealth:

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Nib is in G16 and sends a message to the group that he sees one goblin on the left side of the tail in F7, hiding in a thicket. Nib you can not run back during round 2.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim readies his longspear and waits for goblins to come. He will attack the first one to get within 10 feet.


Evil GM

There is loud gibbering in goblin,

goblin:
"Sneeki f'lthi dwarvies, sneeki 'round them then we eat."


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 2

Vatilda's eyes darken "Hmm... maybe I should have warned you about this..." She touches her thumb and knuckle of her forefinger to her forehead and chants in a deep resonating almost demonic voice. When she finishes you feel slightly emboldened.
She then draws her shield and speaks a few words in another language with the same monstrous voice and snarling expression.

Aklo:

"No mercy to the vermin."

casting bless - std action +1 to hit and save vs fear all allies within 50' , 2 minutes


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Not his best weapon, Rammellorn draws his composite shortbow and knocks an arrow before letting it fly at the goblin in sight hoping to quickly quiet the sentinel and maintain some surprise on the larger group.

Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage1d6 ⇒ 1


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Freckin elf weapon, scruggghsh, Rammellorn whispers loudly to himself. He prepares to knock another arrow and fire again in the next round should the goblin remain standing.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

What in the Vault of Abadar! Varl rumbles shufeling foward putting himself and the rest of the group behind him. I'll move to G19


Evil GM

Rd 2 update

G1 - shot at Argrim missed. Argrim shot him with an arrow, dead
Argrim - shot G1 killing him with arrow, moved to F19
Rammellorn - shoots widely
Varl - moves up to G19
Karnog - sheaths weapons and takes a 5 ft step closer.
Nibb - cast vanish as std action moved up to get a view of the Goblins.
Kalim - readies his spear
Vatilda- cast bless
G4
G3

The goblin does not take a shot with his bow.

Current View

Nibb has a red dot on his token to indicate that he is invisible.

Everyone can make perception check.

Rd 3: Begins

G1 - dead
Argrim -
Rammellorn -
Varl -
Karnog -
Nibb -
Kalim -
Vatilda -
G4 -
G3 -


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Perception

1d20 - 5 ⇒ (7) - 5 = 2 Stealth Just for lulz

"Shh...let the lads bring the monsters to us, then pepper 'em with arrows. Steady now, just wait for 'em."

Karnog stays hidden behind cover, trying to keep as low as possible.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Perception check:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Nibb (since he can't run) makes his way towards the group, and once he find himself in a safer place (be it a place with cover or among the dwarves) he will bend a knee to the ground for stability, and readies his crossbow.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Do ya see anything? Varl whispers, peering into the underbrush.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Nothin' yet. Keep ready, and we'll perforate the beasties when they show."


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Argrim takes cover where he is. Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

His head on a swivel, he readies to snipe a goblin if he sees one within 30-feet.


Evil GM

Karnog and Kalim are busy setting themselves up for battle and they don't perceive much else.

Varl:

You are pretty certain that you hear rustling on either side of the trail. Sounds like the movement is getting closer, with twigs snapping under foot, then you see a small greenish brown goblin wiht a short bow aim towards you or Argrim. The creature is in D 16

Argrim:

you can see the goblin in F7, then you catch a glimpse of one sneaking up on you, he is in D 16. The woods sound alive with movement.

Goblins:

perception on Argrim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
perception on Argrim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Ready action activates to shoot the goblin in D16.

"I see you," whispers Argrim in Dwarven. He releases a breath and fires at the sneaky goblin.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 +1 vs. goblins included. If hit, he does damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 + sneak: 1d6 ⇒ 6 if he doesn't see Argrim.


Evil GM

Argrim your arrow misses, he like you have partial cover right now, you are confident that he saw you before you acted.

351 to 400 of 16,366 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.