Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


1,551 to 1,600 of 16,219 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Evil GM

RD 3: update

Nibb - cure light wounds on Argrim 9HP
GB Bodyguards - ready to act with a breach
Vatilda - prot from evil on Argrim
Kalim - moves forward
GB Archers
Argrim
Karnog
GB Boss
Rammellorn
Varl

The Goblin archer waits till someone pops around the corner.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog pulls out his rope and grappling hook.

Dwarven: "If we can hook this over the top barrel, we may be able to yank it down while Rammelorn moves up to smash the gobbo with his polearm."

Move action / move action


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn follows Kalim for a chance at the barricade and ultimately the goblin behind it.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim pops around the corner and shoots acid at the goblin he first sees. ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10acid damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Goblin NPC

RD 3: Goblin archer

The goblin positioned behind the barrels releases two arrows when Kalim rounds the corner,

Rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 2 = 20;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 = 26;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Kalim sees the beady eyeball aiming through the firing hole but misses his acid atrike.

Karnog and Rammellorn time their moves with Kalim's actions and round the corner. Karnog make a melee roll for the grappling hook.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Grapple Hook Melee Attack


Evil GM

Karnog's grappling hook barely catches an edge with one of it's prongs but it is tentatively attached at this point.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Dwarven: "Pull, lads!"


Goblin NPC

The other goblins can't really do anything until there is breach, so there isn't a need to post for them at this point.

Varl will continue to guard the rear.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

With the rest of Argrim's actions, he will try to grab Karnog's rope and pull, too.


Evil GM

Karnog make strength check, Argrim can aid.

Rammellorn moves up...Are you trying to hook the barrel or are you waiting for the others to pull on the grapple? If you are hooking the barrel you need to make a melee attack roll.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Strength check to aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Bleck!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Strength


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Melee to hook barrel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

My earlier Perception check didn't reveal anything?


Evil GM

Nib there are barrels not much to see at this point. Your spell only discloses the barrels from your distance. Besides you are around a corner from the barrels even if you expended a move action to follow the dwarfs.

Unfortunately when the grapple hooked the barrel the rope slipped in Karnog and Argrim's hands and they were not able to get a good pull.

Rammelorn hits the barrel. Roll damage to break the barrel or strength, if you want to pull it down.


Evil GM

I'm waiting on Rammellorn's roll.


Evil GM

DMPC Rammellorn's damage on the barrel

damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The barrel cracks open spilling its contents of several pounds of caltrops. Covering W 9 and 10 along with X 9 with the 4 pronged spikes.

caltrops:

A caltrop is a four-pronged metal spike crafted so that one prong faces up no matter how the caltrop comes to rest. You scatter caltrops on the ground in the hope that your enemies step on them or are at least forced to slow down to avoid them. One 2-pound bag of caltrops covers an area 5 feet square.

Each time a creature moves into an area covered by caltrops (or spends a round fighting while standing in such an area), it runs the risk of stepping on one. Make an attack roll for the caltrops (base attack bonus +0) against the creature. For this attack, the creature's shield, armor, and deflection bonuses do not count. If the creature is wearing shoes or other footwear, it gets a +2 armor bonus to AC. If the attack succeeds, the creature has stepped on a caltrop. The caltrop deals 1 point of damage, and the creature's speed is reduced by half because its foot is wounded. This movement penalty lasts for 24 hours, until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or until it receives at least 1 point of magical healing. A charging or running creature must immediately stop if it steps on a caltrop. Any creature moving at half speed or slower can pick its way through a bed of caltrops with no trouble.

Caltrops may not work against unusual opponents.

Rammellorn the caltrops do not get an attack roll this round since you were already in the hex.


Evil GM

RD 4:

Nibb -
GB Bodyguards -
Vatilda -
Kalim -
GB Archers
Argrim
Karnog
GB Boss
Rammellorn
Varl

RD 4 Map

Caltops cover W 9 and 10 along with X 9 with the 4 pronged spikes


Evil GM

Rd4: Goblin BodyGuards will hold their action until some comes within their LOS.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim yells to Varl in Dwarven, "Varl, go grab a barrel of flammable stuff from the front door and something for a fuse. We may need to smoke 'em out."

Argrim is stuck in the conga line. If he takes two moves at half speed to avoid the caltrops, he arrives in X9 without fighting defensively where all his bonus AC comes from.


Evil GM

Varl runs out towards the front area.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"That's most likely the most sound course of action right now. Do we not have any magic or effects that can reach around these barrels? My own blessings can protect or heal us, not really kill goblins on their own."


Evil GM

"I'll take a while t'git dis stuff down the cramped passage...gotta git out of me armor again." Varl yells back towards Nibb, Valtilda and the others.

Remember it's tight going.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 4

"Varl! Stop! I'll go! Forgot about the bottleneck." Argrim replies in Dwarven and takes off to the front door.
____________________________________________
Protection from Evil round 2
double move action


Evil GM

Rd 4: Goblin Archer

Fires at Rammellorn who is up front.

Rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 2 = 24;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

One of the arrows sinks in deeply.

i think the 19 missed.

RD 4: update

Nibb -
GB Bodyguards - held for LOS
Vatilda -
Kalim -
GB Archers - fired at Rammellorn
Argrim - ran up the tunnel to the bottleneck
Karnog
GB Boss
Rammellorn
Varl - ran up the tunnel towards the bottleneck


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"If... if you don't mind, I prefer to remain here with Mister Varl. I see no need for me to be in the vanguard right now. Don't you agree with me, Mister Varl?

Sorry about not posting early, but until now I had some problems opening the map's link, so I don't know were was Nibb and pretty much the battle situation.


Evil GM

Nibb from your post it looks like you can now open the maps is that correct?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Perhaps a little cover from the ranged attacks while we wait for our speedy friend?"

Karnog pulls a scroll of obscuring mist from his bag, ready to use it if others think it's a good idea.

Move action: Pull Scroll. Standard Action: Use Scroll (unless otherwise suggested)


Evil GM

I'll wait till one or two folks chime in on Karnog's question.


Evil GM

Vatilda and Kalim are up before Karnog.


Evil GM

RD 4: update

Nibb - staying back out of harms way.
GB Bodyguards - held for LOS
Vatilda -
Kalim -
GB Archers - fired at Rammellorn
Argrim - ran up the tunnel to the bottleneck
Karnog -pulled obsureing mist scroll, may use it.
GB Boss
Rammellorn
Varl - ran up the tunnel towards the bottleneck


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Charge! I'm laying down cover!"ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14acid damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Evil GM

The acid misses the goblin archer.


Evil GM

The echoing sound of preparation can be heard beyond the blockade, a sure sign of a much larger chamber.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"Is there any sign of a wooden bridge or likewise structure?"


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

On the edge of comprehending - as a result of being on the edge of battle, Vatilda grumbles a quick spell... then bangs her shield against the tunnel wall.

cast Guidance on myself


Evil GM

RD 4: GB boss

The wait continues for a breach to occur before the goblin hoard and clash with the usurpers. It's all a matter of POV.

Rammellorn is has a RD 4 action.

REMEMBER the CALTROP POST


Evil GM

RD 4: DMPC Rammellorn

Rammellorn standing in a file of caltrops lashes out with his long ax at the goblin archer. "Need t'push forward."

long axe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

The attack misses.

Meanwhile the caltrops may damage Rammellorn,

caltrop: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Excludes armor, shield and dodge but he gets a +2 for boots. His AC is 13 +2 for the boots.

The caltrop misses.


Evil GM

RD 5:

Nibb -
GB Bodyguards - held for LOS
Vatilda -
Kalim -
GB Archers -
Argrim -
Karnog -
GB Boss
Rammellorn
Varl - continues to wait by the narrow passage.

RD 5 MAP


Evil GM

I'm waiting on folks at the top of the list to post an action, or give some indication of what they are doing this round.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Nibb moves (to W-12) and then cast Message, linking Rammellorn and Karnog:

Whisphered:"What happen? Can't you just push those barrels to fall over those nasty critters?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"The big guy tried, but they are heavy! "


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 5

Vatilda feels her patience drain... she holds herself back as long as she can. A suggestion for the goblins to kill their own repeats in her mind... drowning out her restraint in pushing Kalim out of the way.

Holding action until after Kalim... (hoping to move enough to get a view of the first gobbo for Murderous Command)


Evil GM

RD 5: Archer

The goblin archer fires at Rammellorn who is up front.

Rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 2 = 14;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

confirming crit:
Rapid shot: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21;damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Dwarves run around as much as they yell ..."Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Evil GM

The ranged touch misses ...again. You need a 16 touch.


Evil GM

Initiative remaining -Nibb (if he wants to go), Vatilda's was holding, Argrim, Karnog, GB boss, Rammellorn, Varl (who is waiting for oil to be passed)


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 5

Argrim continues toward the front door to find a barrel of flammable and fuse.
____________________________________________
Protection from Evil round 3
double move action


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Fine, let's at least pretend we have some tactical acumen!"

Karnog casts obscuring mist from his scroll and backs out slowly.

1,551 to 1,600 of 16,219 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.