Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


9,401 to 9,450 of 16,204 << first < prev | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Grimm make a perception sound check.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"We have to clear every cell, every freed prisoner is another hand helping us." Grabbing anything that can be used as a crowbar the bard tries her best to open and set free as many as possible.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I agree. We should get these people free as soon as possible."

Karnog snags the set of keys hanging on the wall and proceeds into the cell area.

"Even for goblins, this is bad, Felicitas. Horrible. "


Evil GM

You found 2 sets of keys to the cells.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Grabbing the other one Felicitas opens as fast as she can the other side.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Are we resting in the comfort ofvthe bedroom before going into the cells? We really need to rest.


Evil GM

karnog:
Can you make a knowledge religion check for me?


Evil GM

If you are proceeding to check cells please advise which one (or groupings) that you are opening first.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 kn (religion)


Evil GM

karnog:

You have the spells that your morning prayers provided you, but you've notice that Torag seems to be absent from hearing you. You normally have a feeling of his power which flows through you, it just seems a bit off right now, somehow blocked. You suspect that the demon Lord of the Undead, Orcus is somehow rejoicing. You've never had this feeling before nor have you noticed it in other locations dungeon. But it is present throughout both levels of this slave pit. Unholy in the most impure manner.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

The dwarf leans back and feels the manacles around his wrists yet again.
He couldn't see the things around him, but he knew they were there.
His captors didn't realize that he did not fear them.

It had become a game, he would escape his manacles (they did not know he he was doing it yet) and kill the things around him. But with no way out of the cell and his magic depleted and prayers not being answered, he need to conserve what he had left.

Ye'll keep. Don't ye doubt.


Evil GM

Felic in her hurry to free those being tortured and held against their will turns down the left hand hallway and open the first to on her left. (cell marked "P") and within the space is dwarf chained and battered to the wall, his flesh looks flayed and he is far to weak to more than whisper, "H....h...elp." This is not Grimm.

Updated Map


Evil GM

Grimm:
You hear boots in the corridor and distinctive sound of an iron door being opened down the hall. Undoubtedly the next hapless victim is going to grave.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Right. Let's play again shall we.

Duncan focuses his inner faith, thanks the lord in Iron once more.
By blood spilled I show my worth

He wrenches his hands and applies some force to his manacles, then casts his blessing Burst Bonds into the metal to try and free himself once more.

If they were taking a prisoner away, he might use the distraction.
If they were coming for him, he would make sure they had to work for their fun....

The divine energy builds and is released into the manacles holding him with a small focused blast of energy.
Burst Bonds: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 6, 6) = 23

Linky:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/burst-bonds


Evil GM

Grimm do you need a holy symbol for your divine casting? If so, that was taken from you long ago.

The manacle groan and crack but your fetters remain on your feet chaining you to the wall. (so your hands are free but your feet are not)

Grimm:
Your guests groan and moan eager to greet you, as your scalp burns. You are on the back wall of the 10 by 5 room, your guests are on either wall leading to the door. You'd have to squeeze through the two of them and their hungry mouths to get by, once you are free.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Grimm do you need a holy symbol for your divine casting? If so, that was taken from you long ago.

The manacle groan and crack but your fetters remain on your feet chaining you to the wall. (so your hands are free but your feet are not)

** spoiler omitted **

I only need a holy symbol if the spell description calls for a Divine Focus (F). Burst Bonds is verbal only.

School evocation; Level inquisitor 1
CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V
EFFECT
Range touch
Targets one object or creature restraining you
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Fortitude half (object); Spell Resistance yes

His hands free the dwarf removes the wrap from his head. Empowering his vision but also exposing the damn tiara which seemed to call to the undead in his cell even more. The things looked an odd combination of hungry and wanting. Considering the state of their flesh it was not plesant but Grimm was far beyond fear of such things.

He looked around for anything he could use to free himself and shuffled to examine the fixings connecting his feet to the wall. If he could avoid using another spell, he would.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
profession:blacksmith: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Evil GM

Grungsdi what are you doing?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"This is a bad place. Somehow my connection to the Creator is being blocked. I suspect a fiendish power is behind it, only something of truly immense power could do such a thing. In any way, I fear I will be unable to regain the blessings of Torag here. My connection is blocked. I agree with Malcolm; we should get ourselves away from this place as soon as possible. My only concern is whether we can get the prisoners out safely."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung helps feli w prisoners


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"I am comming, we try, we really try."
Seeing so much misery and pain she frantically opens the door and moves to the next and opens tzhe door and moves to the next.
Grabbing a wand of Cure light wounds Aurora starts to at least cure a little those that are freed.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung enters cells first in case of ambush


Evil GM

Felic and Grung enter the first chamber with the flayed dwarf, they heal him and unchain him form the wall. He responds, "Where's me brudd'r. Ambushed we're warriors but we was taken tortured and left to die."

Two of the next three cells were empy, the other held a human non-combantant, starved and left to die. He is grateful and relieved with his rescue.

The next cell has a a badly beaten human, he looks like he once knew how how to use a weapon but he is exceptionally fearful, now. Like all his fight has been zapped form him. 'dead things...they used dead things on me for fun, made me go all numb and not feeling. I was known as Crav, but that seems like an eon ago."

One common theme that you've noticed is each cell contains fetters and manacles, the prisoners you've found have been chained to the wall..

Cells opened so far.

*I moved Malcolm back to the slavers room to rest.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grim pulls at the manacles attached to his feet.

Come on, yer a bloody smith. Find something

He almost disregards the undead sharing his cell as they continue to reach for him.

He tried to work loose a stone from the wall to use as a hammer on the hinges, but if something did not present itself soon we would have to use his spell again....

He does look at the ghouls as he sits down.
Ye ain't Zombies. Feel ye bite enough. Can ye talk? Or ye just gonna keep pawing at the air. D'ye feel pain? If ye don't why ain't ye chewed through yer arm ta git at me? C'mon. Ye know ye want to...


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

off to bed. 9pm and have to get up at 4.30


Evil GM

Grimm:

It's a strength DC 28 to break the the bond around your feet.


Evil GM

Desmond what are you going?

Feli, Grung, Karnog, and Kalim can all make perception check.


Evil GM

The freed dwarf begins to relate the horror as he knows it, "they experiment'd on us, took us to a room where they tortured me, called it the "Warrior's treatment chamber. Took me through a room that just drained me health. Once drained they moved me to a whipp'n post...observed by human priest of Orcus. But me torturer was a gobo."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond goes around the area, looking for loot and checking the other cells.


Evil GM

Grimm:

You recall being battered unconscious and dragged into a antichamber that sucked your health away, weakening you before they experimented. You figure the tiara actually saved your life, since they were fascinated in it's properties and that is why they did not offer you in complete sacrifice to Orcus, yet. You've seen and heard enough that they have a continuous supply of sacrifices which they supply to Orcus to feed his evil and strength. You also note that the main priests are human. They are performing rituals to determine if arcane, divine, and warriors resist torture differently.


Evil GM

the dang site at my post.

Desmond opens the next door in the northern corridor (cell "E"). He sees a 10 by 5 cell that has a sleek, pale-skinned humanoid with leathery white, semi-translucent flesh. It is a bit taller than an average human. Its features are delicate and precise. The creature's arms and legs are spindly, and each ends in four digits. This creature is completely hairless and its eyes are small, with nictitating membranes.. It looks up weakly and seeing you are not one of his usual slavers, he whispers in dry raspy voice., "Help...me. I help, you help."

Knowledge dungeoneering.
diplo roll if you want to chat with the humanoid.

Meath'd remained in the main room guarding from there, since it's too tight to maneuver for him.

Karnog who are you following, if anyone. Grung and Felic are together heading west. Desmond heading north.

Kalim I currently have you in the middle of the intersection for arcane support down either corridor. Is that ok?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"We're here to help, don't worry. I'll have our healer look at you." Desmond steps back and raises his voice. "Karnog, I found a prisoner!"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Percep +2 stonecunning


Evil GM

Grung I'll use your dungeoneering roll when you get to look at that or another similar type prisoner.

Desmond:
You're looking at a encephalon gorgers (sometimes known as cranial vampires) qwhich tend to malevolent creatures from another dimension or plane of existence. They are greatly feared by intelligent creatures for they use such beings (their brain fluid to be exact) to power their great cities.

Encephalon gorgers dislike for direct sunlight, though they are not harmed
by it. They can hasten themselves twice a day and feed of grappled foes brains.

Desmond stammers out his response to the creature. Although you do believe he wants out and will help.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 dungeoneering


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog heads over to Desmond and checkskin with him.

"What's the situation, Des? Who's this fellow?" He addresses his second question to the pale prisoner.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 perception


Evil GM

Karnog you can make knowledge dungeoneer check.

DC20+:

You're looking at a encephalon gorgers which tend to malevolent creatures from another dimension or plane of existence. They are greatly feared by intelligent creatures for they use such beings (their brain fluid to be exact) to power their great cities.

Encephalon gorgers dislike for direct sunlight, though they are not harmed
by it. They can hasten themselves twice a day and feed of grappled foes brains.

You see the pale humanoid and hear it whisper in a raspy voice, "Bexmak...Help me, I help you." He is not undead, that you know.

Diplo check


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond slightly narrows his eyes and explains what the creature is.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I can provide you water and some food for the moment, Bexmak, but my colleague explains your race is one of domination and feeding on the brains of intelligent creatures. What guarantee do we have you will not turn on us if freed?"

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 diplomacy

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Sense motive


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Cue sad trombone...


Evil GM

"Many of my race, like many other races, seek to dominant others. But we are not all the same, that is why I'm here along with my kin. If they still live. I know way out of dungeon to the surface."

He comes across as believable and it makes sense that he would help since his faces sure death here.


Evil GM

Malcolm when your body hits the straw mattress, the day's events catch up to you, as you sleep. The unholiness of your surroundings ensure that your don't rest peacefully. The stench of death is thick everywhere, surely cleansing this level would be just.

Loud snoring rumbles as Meath'd takes a nap where the warrior priests were playing cards.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"What say you, Desmond? I feel he speaks the truth, and I'm confident Kalim would agree to release this person here. Upon pain of death should he betray us, of course."

Karnog offers water and food to the creature, unlocking him unless Desmond prevents him from doing so.


Evil GM

Felicitas and Grungsdi move onto the next cell. Inside this one it's a bit different there are three creatures hear. Against the back wall sitting on the ground tugging at the chain around his ankles is dirty dwarf, wearing a tiara, grumbling and cursing at his cell mates who are groaning and look quite undead. The two cell mates hands are shackled ghasts and the creatures are facing other just out of reach of the dwarf.

Felicitas this dwarf looks familiar to you...naked but familiar. On a double take Felicitas you recognize him.

Updated map


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"GRIMM? We thought you were... dead, burned to cinder.... Karnog come here, we have found someone special!"


One of the two ghasts releases it's stench, "Death...death, feed us."

Felic, grimm and grung each roll a DC 15 fort save or be sickened for:

minutes: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

sickened:

The character takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Fort vs Ghoul Stench: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Grimm barely notices the Ghoul having spent enough time in their company.

Jus take a step back, Darlin. They ain't goin nowhere chained to the wall. Jus get that shiny boots paladin to use a polearm to skewer em. Or get me outta these chains an I'll go it meself.

The dwarf is pleased at this turn. If looked like the party he'd abandoned was still alive. Perhaps, Gorum WAS answering his prayers. While he might not have appreciated their bleeding hearts for the acolyte he'd killed, they were capable


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond extends a hand to the creature. "I believe him, innocent until proven guilty and all that."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Very well. I hear my name being called. Perhaps we return for this prisoner once we figure out what is going on over there?"

Assuming Bexmak is either freed by now and being herded in front of us or left shackled in the cell for the time being.

Heading over to the cell with Grimm, he is shocked to see the warrior's condition, and enraged by the undead present.

Coup de grace on ghast #1 if possible: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 8, 7) + 6 = 27 damage

"Are you injured? We have a team here, we can heal you. I even think we have recovered at least some of your equipment, assuming you've held onto your everfull mug and whatnot."


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Ye got me stuff! Gorum's nuts! Thank ye brother. Now lemme outta these chains an I'll lop heads off fer ye again. An I promise no more bashin prisoners heads in unless everybody agrees.

Grimm brightened at Karnog's appearence. He may not have liked the Shiny boots paladin or the bloody mage (in fact Grimm had been internally debating whether he should kill the demon blooded, arrogant p###k, figuring he'd be doing the human race a favor), but Karnog was a dwarf after all. That made him a brother.

Not injured. Gorum's healing saw ta that. Still had me mug when the bastards ambushed me. Me Symbol and Sword are what I need most. Ye got them?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung steps up

dwarf:
ye don't think I'm gonna let ye kill me all yourself do te

9,401 to 9,450 of 16,204 << first < prev | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.