Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


201 to 250 of 16,362 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Evil GM

I saw it Gimli.


Evil GM

Perception results as you approach the smouldering farm.

Kalim:
You can see a bit of flickering flame from the burned out house.

Karnog:
You can see a bit of flickering flame from the burned out house. The grounds look trampled to your eye.

Argrim:
You can see a bit of flickering flame from the burned out house. The ground looks trampled initially. If want to spend the two minutes for taking 20 that fine, it can be your actions for awhile. Let me know.

Nibbfir:
You can see a bit of flickering flame from the burned out house. There are numerous sets of tracks, different type of tracks throughout. You can clearly see two very large heavy footprints; there are several pairs of smaller humanoid type of footprints, then finally you notice lots of small prints on the ground.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"Ah, look! There are some footprints on the ground... I'm not too much of a tracker, but it would mean that there are any survivors or...Nibb then sounds worried that the perpetrators are still around here?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"The ground looks plenty trampled...we should secure the house first off."

Any buckets or similar things laying around? May be time for the swarven bucket brigade


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim calls out loudly in Common, "Hello, the farm! We are here to help! Where are you?!" He continues to walk toward the farmhouse surveying the damage. continuing that Perception take 20


Evil GM

Karnog you didn't notice buckets or a water source laying around but there were some broken barrels on the side of the ruined house.

---
Argrim you don't see any people, yet. There are numerous sets of tracks, different type of tracks throughout. You can clearly see two very large heavy footprints; there are several pairs of smaller humanoid type of footprints, then finally you notice lots of small prints on the ground.

---
The farmhouse is in ruins, mostly burned out, there is still one are on fire inside the front door.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

"Anyone find something to put water in?!"
Once the broken barrels are found... "I will fill them if I can get some help tossing it on the fire." Can conjure 4 gallons/rd


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Careful. We still don't know what's around here. I can help making water. Just as potent as you it seems."

Karnog waits for the other dwarves and then heads towards the barrels.


Evil GM

Collectively, you can find two barrels that are only partially broken near the top. They can used to hold 5 gallons each.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim continues to call out wandering around the farm and perceiving. He does not join the bucket brigade, because he is looking for which way the tracks left the farm hoping to distinguish surviving farmer tracks.


Evil GM

You can see the small front porch and broken in door, the northern side of the house is bordered wall and trees, the yard is more expansive to the south. of course you know nothing about the backside. Which direction are you each going? I will reveal more map and description then.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Agrim starts circling the farmhouse clockwise.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Oy! Stay within sight, ya ninny. Someone go with him please."

Karnog begins filling the bucket with water in preparation to douse the flames.

"Ready you lot? "


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

I'm staying around (K,28)

>Map repost<


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Oh yes, let us rush to save the empty farm. It's the footprints that worry me." Kalim casts Mage Armor.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
"Oy! Stay within sight, ya ninny. Someone go with him please."

Argrim replies in Dwarven over his shoulder, "Yes Dad!" and continues to walk around the husk of the farmhouse.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Empty, is it? You can tell that through the flames and rubble? Eyes like an elf you must have. Argrim is tracking, why not keep an eye on him then?"

Dwarven: "Mouth and spine of a treehugger, too."


Evil GM

I will assume that the Paladin will help look for survivors, and I put Varl with them. The others are on the water brigade or acting as guard for the water brigade.

UPDATED BURNED FARMHOUSE


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Italics were meant to mean internal thought.


Evil GM

Karnog and Vatilda make perception check.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

As Varl continues to wander around the farmhouse looking for survivors he gets more and more furious. They should have woken the rest of us up! Varl thinks, looking over towards Argrim. Find anything? The dwarven warrior shouts, while keeping his eyes peeled for anything of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 perception.

@Argrim, in dwarven: "I'd be the one patching up holes in your hide, and I'd like to not have to do so much."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim assuming he was not shouted at because Karnog has no idea what he was thinking keeps his spear ready and his eyes open, mostly near where the tracks were.


Evil GM

Karnog:
As you find and begin to fill the barrels with water, you see decapitated body against the farm house. The is splattered with sticky blood that has not completely congealed.

Varl:
You notice movement around the side of the house near a wood pile and timbers but you don't get a clear view. What are you doing.

There are tracks everywhere.

As an FYI, I roll out initiatives.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Oy! Got a body over here. Head's chopped clean off, and there's a whole mess of tracks."

Apologies, Valim. I saw quotes, not italics. Might be my phone acting wonky again.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Sorry for being late. Get caught on traffic...

How is going the work of the bucket brigade?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

One bucket partially filled, currently distracted by dead guy with no head.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

As the others work with the water buckets Nibb readies his crossbow, watching for any threat that can approach the group.

If needed, he will do a Perception check.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Quietly, Varl motions with his dwarven double axe towards the woodpile. Nodding at Argrim and the others Varl eases his way towards the side of the house ready to either attack or assist as required.


Evil GM
Vatilda Lateef wrote:
[dice=perception]1d20+0

Obviously you are busy with creating water for the buckets.


Evil GM

Varl, Argrim, and rommellorn:
As you walk towards the wood pile you see an empty boot, a foot that is moving back behind other pile out of view, there is a scraping sound coming too.. It is possible to get circle around the woodpile.


Evil GM

Southern view from Varl, Argrim and Rommellorn's POV. Obviously you don't see what is happening behind the wood.

Southern View

Northern View from Vatilda, Nib, Kalim, and Karnog's POV

Northern View


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

To Karnog:
"Hey, what happened? Did you see something? Did you see someone?"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Nothing moving. All i see is the dead guy. Lets stack up and investigate."

Once the others come closer, Karnog will lead the group towards the beheaded body.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn hangs his head in shame for allowing this to happen. Certainly, it could have been a disasterous trap, but he is willing to bet, had they intervened, there would be more survivors. Rammellorn vows to himself not to let this happen again. Next time, I will wake up the others and we will resolve the mischief.[/b]

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Rammellorn readies his longaxe for the first opponent that moves. [i]This must be brought to justice he thinks to himself.
I will stick close by the others for now. Perhaps we can find the culprits and resolve this matter as the short swords.


Evil GM

Rammellorn you don't see anything what was previously described.

Rammellorn, Varl and Argrim are you all circling around the wood from both sides, or which side are you approaching from? Tell me who is where.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn moves to AA24


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim cautiously moves behind the priest.


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Kalim cautiously moves behind the priest.

the oracle, Vatilda or the cleric, karnog?


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
Kalim cautiously moves behind the priest.

The cleric, karnog, or the oracle, Vatilda?


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Waving to Argrim and Rammellorn to circle around, Varl takes several slow and steady steps towards the woodpile.

I want to approach from three directions to cut off any escape.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Following Agrim's suggestion. Rammellorn circles around to the left of the woodpile, longaxe readied.


Evil GM
Varl Togaard wrote:

Waving to Argrim and Rammellorn to circle around, Varl takes several slow and steady steps towards the woodpile.

I want to approach from three directions to cut off any escape.

Everyone should provide a hex you are moving into that will make it easier for everyone.

Note there is an old 4 foot high stone wall that runs parallel to the house but there is breach in the wall at Y15, that is where you saw the boot and foot. It is where the red blood stain is on the map. the wood pile itself is 4 feet high.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Then, Nibb is moving to I-26...


Evil GM

Will this placement work for Rammellorn, Argrim and Varl?

SOUTHERN MAP


Evil GM

Initiative southern Group:

rat swarm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Varl: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Argrim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Rammellorn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Initiative order:

Rat Swarm
Varl
Argrim
Rammellorn

Current Map

RD1:

As the group circles the wood pile they see the carcass of a hound being devoured by a giant rat swarm. There looks to be bones of humanoid that is already stripped, except for a bloody foot. Smelling fresh meat the swarm moves and engulfs Rammellorn.

damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
plus possible disease and distraction, DC 12 Fort Save to avoid being nasueated for 1 Rd and the following damage from filth fever:

onset: 1d3 ⇒ 2;dex dam: 1d3 ⇒ 3;con dam: 1d3 ⇒ 1

The members in the south can make a know- nature check.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Oops, Karnog.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Once the northern group stacks up and we're all ready to move, start walking cautiously towards the dead guy at J16.

Moving along the barrels and then the wall with shield and hammer readied.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

It's somehow fitting that our first foe would be a swarm. Dangerous little suckers. Did anyone else bring Alchemist's fire? Also Baldwin would Varl know (without the know (nature) about normal attacks being inneffective? BTW unable to view the map.

Gah! Rats! Varl shouts backing away and trying to recall what he knows about the swarm of disgusting little animals.

201 to 250 of 16,362 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.