Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


12,901 to 12,950 of 16,204 << first < prev | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | next > last >>

HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 fort
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 Will +2 if spell or SLA


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

UC:
we really should have just sold them to that nice half orc


Evil GM

felic, Kalim, Des, and Nym please make the fort save.

Karnog and Grung as the extradimensional seam rips open the brilliant flash of color burns your eyes causing them to water and everything turns white.

rds: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Evil GM

karnog:
You didn't get a good look at the creature because of the dimensional rip and your vision being lost. You do know powerful demon has stepped or pulled through.

Felic:
You know a gate was opened to the abyss and a powerful demon stepped through. If you succeed on your fort save, I'll give you a bit more information about what you actually see.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Evil GM

Desmond and Kalim you both feel your eyes burn, it's a flash of white light to your senses as if you looked into the bright sun.

blind rds: 1d3 ⇒ 1

I know everyone's saves have been pretty high but so far you've all failed pretty easily. A gate to a deep layer of the abyss was suddenly ripped open (or some extremely powerful being opened it for reasons not yet known).


Evil GM

Felic and Nym still have fort save.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Suddenly without Vision Felicitas panicks for one second but then gets info from Aurora.


Evil GM

I your familiar, Aurora, needs make the save also.

Felic rds blind: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Evil GM
Aurora the Fairydragon wrote:
Using her blindsense Aurora directs the others quickly toward Karnog

I missed the blindsense post. The description that will follow will be fun.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

just a reminder I do have blindfighting.


Evil GM

Aurora you ping a creature that has wings, like yourself, but it's much larger at roughly 8 feet talk and well over 400 lbs. It has very spiky armor plates that cover it's body...it will hurt to grapple it. You sense there is a powerful aura that surrounds it...chaos and confusion abound.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Felic and Nym still have fort save.

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Know Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
know Arcana: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

dm:
Don't forget that unless this was a dark room Nym would have his smoked googles on.


Evil GM

nym blindness rd: 1d3 ⇒ 2

What do the smoke goggles do? Don't they let you see normally in the daylight?

Nym:
You are having one of those "Oh f-" moments. You realize a gate was ripped open which caused the explosion and flash of brilliant light.

You've heard your family talking about demons known as Gallu, warmonger demons. Gallus eagerly foment war for war’s sake; they are master engineers of martial strife. These hateful, destructive demons arise from the souls of warmongers and war profiteers. They often serve as generals in warfare the yearn for. What you know of them is they carry the typical demon characteristics and weakness (good and cold iron). They are immune or resistance to most energy. They wreck both havoc and chaos in their auras.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:

[dice=nym blindness rd]1d3

What do the smoke goggles do? Don't they let you see normally in the daylight?

** spoiler omitted **

smoked goggles:
These spectacles have lenses made of smoked glass that help protect against creatures with gaze attacks. You are always treated as averting your gaze when dealing with gaze attacks, and you gain a +8 circumstance bonus on saving throws against visual-based attacks (any attack that a blind creature would be immune to). You have a –4 penalty on Perception checks while wearing the goggles, and all opponents are treated as having concealment (20% miss chance).

smoked goggles psrd thought I read that they keep you from being blinded by light. They are more for the roleplaying aspect, but its a +8 to my save which would be a 23


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

As Nym starts to recover from the blast of brightness that knock to the ground, he sees a giant mass a blurriness and a voice that sends shivers of remembrance of frightening tales. He calls out to the others

undercommon:
"Kar'nog, I think this might be a Gallu. A demon of war. Use my sword on it. I will be quite effective.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Talbard, any words of advice or wisdom?"


Evil GM

Nym you'd still be affected by the blindness.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"Talbard, any words of advice or wisdom?"

yeah "RUN!!!" lol


"WHAT FOOL BROUGHT ME HERE!!" The creature growls. It's nostrils flare. Then it's eyes begin to scan the chalky circle and he bursts out in laughter. "Broken circle." His gaze crosses each person in the room. "A few of you believe you know power...perhaps a spell or two...rest assured that will be the first person I slaughter." His rank breathe reaches the nape of Kalim's neck.

He eventually pays Grung some attention, "Oh you may be lucky enough to hit me once but they your small brain will addle, like a worm." He growls. "Your wounds will fester with corruption and your blood explode in glorious rainfall."

intimidation: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (6) + 37 = 43

"Now that I've got your attention...WHAT DO YOU WANT and WHAT IS YOUR OFFERING."

You all figure this his method of bargaining but you all understand that this is a very tenuous situation and pure chaos could erupt. You also know that it is not constrained to the inside the protective circle since the chalk outline has been broken.


Evil GM

Initiatve, if needed:

RA:
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Grung: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Feli: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Desmond: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Nym: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Talbard: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
demon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

If initiative is needed:

Desmond
Demon
Felic
Karnog
Kalim
Nym
Talbard
Grung

I will get a map up, if we get into combat.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Well introductions are in order I believe. I am Grungsdi, and these are my colleagues, who can introduce themselves. And you are?

killing time so I can see


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"....uh....I am called Karnog Kegmeister. Before we talk about offers and requests, would you like to introduce yourself?"

Karnog blinks, trying to clear the sparkles and stars from his vision, while racking his brain for some way to help the team here.


Desmond are you doing anything before the demon's action?

The demon sneers at the foolish dwarfs, "Certainly your kind would not have risked life and limb to tinker with the void." His voice ripples with power. "You can call me General Chaos." The demon is smart enough to know never ever give a mortal it's name for a name can bind. "No a dwarf would not have tampered with the planes that would have been left to one of the humans or a dimwitted elf." His gaze seems to fall heaviest on Talbard, Kalim, Felicitas, then the prone drow. In undercommon: "Yes, your kind likes to dabble with the unknown. That damn spider byche has emboldened some."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond waits as they begin talking. Man. I've definitely had nights less complicated than this...although at least one more complicated. Arguably.

Nah, if people are talking I'll let them talk :)


Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:

Desmond waits as they begin talking. Man. I've definitely had nights less complicated than this...although at least one more complicated. Arguably.

Nah, if people are talking I'll let them talk :)

You're just happy that it hasn't single you out.


"I've wasted enough time here. What do you want and what will you pay." The dripping falchion is essentially an extension of it's arm. His patience seems to be coming to an end.

I'm giving you all the opportunity to engage rather than Talbard. But Talbard will eventually step up and speak.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Well, for me, what I want is that you go home. Tout suite! And for that, what is the price?"
Directing her face towards the worst part of the stink, the blind bard nevertheless is undounted by the abyss scum!


H, NPC Wizard

The great demon shows it's nasty fangs when Felicitas speaks. but just before he gives an answer Talbard steps up. He does his best to gain his composure, "Oh great General of Chaos let us not spiral into insults. Surely, your aura is enough to quash most of us lesser mortals but I expecting one of your lieutenants, not a legendary General." He lets the flattery sink in a moment but not trying to appear weak, he quickly presents the question. "Knowledge is sought at a bountiful price."

His eyes shift over to the party but ultimately he glances at Nym. "Show him the item."

Nym you can show him the fallen angels greatsword.

Everyone needs to figure out what they want to ask. Remember you don't have him contained nor controlled because the protective circle is broken. This is a tenuous negotiation. You all will need to pay if you want information and he knows exactly what he wants for payment. :-)

One other thing, you gather that this is not the creature Talbard was summoning to answer the questions...this creature is much more powerful.


Evil GM

lawful characters:
You all feel the presence of powerful auras associated with the Demon General.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym fetches out the greatsword, looking a bot ridiculous hefting such a large sword.


"Yes I will accept that as payment for the information you seek."


Evil GM

Bump


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung continues to blink and looks toward Karnog and Felicitas

Grung knows to shutup


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog wants to know what they face and how to get to the three shrines of Orcus. I am having trouble wording that in such a manner the demon wont mess with us and lead us into even greater danger. Not that it won't do that as it can, anyways. I'm open to suggestions, here.


Evil GM

[ooc]Remember you need to know more about the weapons, and the whereabout of the missing weapon.{/ooc]


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Well you were paid. No uphold you bargain. Tell us where the axe that was stolen from us within the last 12 hours!"


The demon lifts the fallen angel's greatsword and nods. "There are many searching for the two weapons you..." He pauses searching for words, "...acquired." He takes the weapon and slips it into weathered weathered bag on his thick waist. "Naphrathoth was a worthless c*^k, a sniveling idiot." He spits and the phlegm sizzles as if in a frying pan when it hits the ground.

"You seek Luther's vicious, frost dwarven waraxe? The weapon wants to go to it's master and it's Master seeks it." He lets that sink in for a moment. "A heavy eye is now on you for what you've done, you will die and the Master may raise you to serve him. His corruption will break your peon God." He stares straight at Karnog. "He knows you were the pick of the axe head that intruded into the Master's domain. Your mud digging deity was behind this intrusion and he will pay. You are warned." A low growl rumbles from within the unholy beast.

"But I digress, you seek the waraxe. Search for a half-orc who traveled a winding rabbit trail east of here. A gate appears by weathered ancient willow tree at precisely moonrise. Although the Master seeks your death, you are small compared to the enemy that half orc serves - Hecate. The Master and Hecate despise each other."

"Your search takes you to the Twilight Demesne which is an umbral forest woven from a thread of the Plane of Shadow in the ancient past. It exists within an infinitely narrow space between where the Plane of Shadow and the Material Plane overlap, neither coterminous to nor separate from either and an be reached from both. Nearly all the demiplane is a labyrinthine pine forest. That is where the Luther's weapon 'Mercy' has been taken."

He pauses to let this sink in and for questions to be asked.

"If this weapon gets to that bychte, twilight will leak into this material plane...it will be the opening needed for war to begin here in your quaint little city ... ground zero."

You can make a sense motive if you like.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 sense motive

Grung ponders for a moment. Who is this half orc? Is he alone


M Hobgoblin Antipaladin 1

"Goes by the name of Jenk Jug'ular, he was muscle for a merchant when you stumbled into town. He scurried off with a small band after acquiring the weapon. You are a day behind; the gate is closed until tomorrow." He smirks.


Evil GM

Oops that was suppose to be the demon speaking about the half-orc: Jenk Jug'ular. I think he is actually a hobgoblin.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Do we each get a question?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I ask perspnnaly, When The Void comes, not a void, but that from beyond that would negate mortal and demon alike, can we count on you for destroying them so that destroying can continue?"


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:

Do we each get a question?

There were no rules layed out, the only way you find out is trial and error.


Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
"I ask perspnnaly, When The Void comes, not a void, but that from beyond that would negate mortal and demon alike, can we count on you for destroying them so that destroying can continue?"

"I make no pledge to mortals."


Evil GM

So Nym, Karnog, Desmond have not asked any questions. Nor have there been any follow-up questions from Felicitas, Grung, or Kalim.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

who else is in their band? Be good to know who all we are chading


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

ill ask mine tonight when i get home


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

I think Desmond has caused enough damage without being cheeky to the evil outsider :P

12,901 to 12,950 of 16,204 << first < prev | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.