Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


12,101 to 12,150 of 16,204 << first < prev | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | next > last >>

The bones are finally released and the bounce and hop all over the table. You swear one even tumbled onto a plate of gnawed on meat in front of the Mother. It's deathly quiet as the last bones stops rattling. The tempature seems to drop a few degrees as the hush remains. The bones have been cast...


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung pauses mid swig and watches mother to see what she says, suddenly intrigued


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

intimidate: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (19) + 24 = 43"And if you ever encounter the Void ...you run."


Mother stands up and her fingers start to put the bones in an order that seems to make sense to her - only. She fishes out Nym's lone white hair and sees that it has shriveled a bit. A yellow toothy smirk comes across her face. Mumbling under her breath she says a few powerful words. Then in common, she makes the announcement: Which confuses Nym since he speaks undercommon.

"Nym Omriwin lives...t'morrow... but next day more cloudy....he lives but is covered in darkness soon. I see twilight and an eternally full moon with a second small'r moon hidden in the darkness." Her bushy brow lifts as she sits back down. She pats the back of his hand as if pitying him and his doomed future.


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." The goblins have heard an omen. A few come by and pat the drow on his back. One even offers him some of his goblin ale in condolence. A second lays a pile of lint in front of Nym's plate and third gives him a frog's foot on a twine.


'Luuk like bad juju journey fer you. Drink t'guud juju luck." As meath'd lift his bowl of mead.


"Nym goin' t' VOID like Kalim sez."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog translates Mother's pronouncement to Nym into undercommon.

Undercommon:
"She says the following, Nym: '"Nym Omriwin lives...tomorrow... but next day more cloudy....he lives but is covered in darkness soon. I see twilight and an eternally full moon with a second smaller moon hidden in the darkness.' I don't think I replicated her accent but at least the words are the same.

"Agreed, Meathead. Let us drink to good fortune and good juju."

Karnog raises his own mug and downs it in salute.

"So, what's our next step? Do you all wish to research or track down these scouting parties first? Or should we get some trackers and look for the cause of our missing hunters?"


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Research is fine and good, but I think the missing trackers is a more urgent problem!"


Evil GM

Is anyone going to tell Meath'd that you think at least one of the missing hunters was recently eaten?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Yes, kinda glossed over the details, but I was planning on filling them in on all the details of our adventure.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Unfortunately, we found orc ...remains in a path giants left. We must find these giants and show them Orctown justice."


After a few more rounds and mead are served and a large jar of pickled baby frogs is passed around for desert, Meath'd waves all the fodder away. "Moth'r and Meath'd talk now to guest. You all go away...don't come back for long time." There's a bit of grumbling but everyone complies.

"Now we talk."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Okay, Meathead, let's talk. We've filled you in on what we've been up to, why don't you tell us about all the things you lot have done. The defenses look great, and the overal community really seems to be coming along. Great job, there."


"We gots new folks com'n all the time. Gots the goblun..." He begins to count on his stubby fingers. "13 days...no 8 days...no no it was 11 days ago...they multiply quickly. Thought we had small clan of 15 now they be double that."

Mother nods in agreement.

"Clan hearded 'bout glory of Orctown and come hope'n fer safe place....small violence. Theys be guud at tasks and works without need'n too many whacks on head. Other new folks come too."

He nods. "We trade twice with Fentonville...we no eat them and we trade guud wit 'em. Plenty of meat and cloth. Sell us seeds for late plant'n and we trade lots of furs to them. Plus we found one miss'n family and helped 'em,s o they said guud things to people."

"We patch holes in outer wall and try to build higher before snows. We built guard house and guest hous, and farm house and guest house...and smoke house....out of wood not stone. We need stone for houses for future. Thats what Mother sez."


"Hunting party go out three days ago...not come back. Not sure if hum'ns hunt 'em down."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"That's excellent, both of you have proven to be quite successful community leaders. I am proud of your achievements, truly. As to the stone, I can provide quite a large amount of workable stone, and iron as well. I can even render it into sizeable chunks for the most part, or create lumber or bricks in a moment if you have the appropriate resources nearby."

Karnog refills his mug and smiles at the ogre and "orc" witch.

"I don't think the humans encountered the hunting party. We found bones, obviously gnawed recently, crossed by giant tracks. We could have followed or investigated closer, but with the darkness it seemed more prudent to continue on to Orctown."

"Have you seen any evidence of giants, or other creatures nearby? Or have the townsfolk spoken about any rumors or news on such events?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Aye. I figger them giants will be trouble if they aren't taken care of


He glances and Mother and they both shake their head. "No...no giants." He stares at Grung then Karnog. "Me first clan? Yous kilt them though but me were one small band. Many many many..." I flashes all his fingers several times, "...more giants of many different kinds live in hill.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Nym Omriwin wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Nym it looks like she's about to roll the assorted bones to read you future. She's gonna tell you if you are going to die tomorrow or the next day.
but not real magic
If you say so....hahhahahhahhha

I'm asking hence the roll


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

Karnog translates Mother's pronouncement to Nym into undercommon.

** spoiler omitted **

undercommon:
"well then if it's to be my next to last evening..."
a wry smile appearing on his face
undercommon:
"then cheers"
and lefts his mug to the air in a salute, then takes a long pull

Mother gets up and grab's Meath'ds hand, "Time to sleep." With that she will lead MeatH'd to their furs for the evening. Unless you have anything else you'd like to add.

There's an area you all can hunker down in for the evening. There are quite a few Orcs and goblins around the place and outside. To your eye, you see they have something of a watch, or job, duty.

What are you going to do?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim joins the first watch.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Not knowing the protocols Nym follows Kalim.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung stays up drinking a bit then turns in.


Evil GM

The first watch goes by without incident.

Nym when you take the second watch what exactly are you doing? This large area. To give you an idea: the lair/strong hold is cut into a hill. the surrounding area is relatively flat and extend roughly 3/4 of a to the tree line (originally a killing field) there are ruins within that killing field as a small hamlet sprung up but was destroyed. With Orctown they are shoring up some of the ruins and have build a few wooden structures. They have also shored up a stone wall that is 50 yards before the tree line. As you watch are you walking along the wall or inside the tree line or just wondering the property?

I assume Karnog is awake during the sunrise watch but he is praying and creating a racket with his hammer and anvil.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Yes, up, armored, and ready for combat during dawn watch. Prayers for spells come during that time.

Before retiring for the night:

Karnog walks the grounds, inspecting the sound, if rudimentary defenses. Taking the opportunity, he extends the stone escarpment, lengthening the wall significantly and smoothing the top with a wall of stone spell.

"That should do, for now."

Turning to the anvil and furnace area, Karnog creates a sizeable amount of iron with a wall of iron spell, before fabricating it into a number of ingots, ready for the forge. Satisfied for the time being, he settles in to sleep for the night.


Grungsdi wrote:
Grung stays up drinking a bit then turns in.

"Hav'ant hit my limit." She brings out a skin of drink, She pours two and passes one to the dwarf. It's a dark reddish black color. "Goblun on fire, it's called." She clinks her cup to Grung's and swills it down in one gulf. Her eeyes immediately tear up and her face flushes purple. She pounds her chest with her free hand and the fiery cocktail passes her throat. "YES!" You swear there's a hint of smoke coming from her breath.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

As is Electra dancing in the courtyard and praising Shelyn as part of her morning ritual.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim speaks aloud to the orcs and goblins on his watch, using Tongues to make sure everyone understands. "You are doing great work here. You are forming society anew, with the knowledge of everything that hasn't worked in the past. Orctown is something new, and with that comes chaos. But not all chaos is the Void. Art, song, story, culture ...they, too are chaos. I implore you to not just do the things that must be done. Do the things whose purpose is more ephemeral, as well. Make it your own. When you build, let the ages say "This is how Orctown was made. There is nothing else like it." Let yourselves show through your fletching, your design, your songs. Keep becoming you."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Nym Omriwin wrote:
Not knowing the protocols Nym follows Kalim.

I'm following Kalim around, not taking the second shift. Unless someone tell Nym otherwise. Nym would then rest his 8 hours and meditate for 15 minutes in the morning.

will against the dwarven banging: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:
Nym Omriwin wrote:
Not knowing the protocols Nym follows Kalim.
I'm following Kalim around, not taking the second shift. Unless someone tell Nym otherwise

Got it. I also need to make this out. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.


Evil GM

Most the goblins and orcs that Kalim speak too simply stand there blinking mindlessly....they clearly don't understand much of what he says. All seem to look at Nym, knowing there's danger lying under the surface, and they view him as Kalim's protector. Clearly Kalim is a "Great Leader" if he can have a drow bodyguard.

Simply put: There's a whole lot of nodding in agreement when Kalim speaks.

As far as your rounds you can hear the low rumble of thunder in the distance with an occassional white flash. Severe weather is on the way. By the time your shift ends there's a healthy breaze as the front approaches.


Evil GM

Inside of the Orctown Fortification

*To refresh everyone's recollection and show Nym the inside of Daarog's old lair.

**I need to put together a ruined village at the bottom of cliff map.


Evil GM

Orctown village

*Here's a quick map. I need to work on making the walls better.


Evil GM

The storm hits in force in late in the night. Inside the fortification, it's barely noticeable but for those outside on guard duty and in the various shelters it feels nasty. The ground rumbles and sky lights during the deluge.

When Karnog wakes and heads to the doorway he is met instantly by sideways stinging ran. Karnog your work area is in one fo the outer buildings.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung is intrigued.

Well isn't that something lassie. Pass some o'that over here!

He will down the flame liquor!


Evil GM

Grung you've had some stout and powerful booze in your life but you're certain you feel your beard growing with this powerful stuff. It's enough to make your eyes tear up as you instinctively pound the table twice.

Of course this brings about a toothy grin as she pours two more.


Evil GM

Karnog it's the dawn watch, so what are you going to do. It is pouring down rain when you get to the front door of the stronghold. The sun has not broken the horizon.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Well, maybe I should be praying for the power to affect the weather. That should alleviate the worst of it, at least."

Karnog looks for lightning before heading outside into the rain, then moves quickly to his work area.

During his prayers, he calls forth for the power to control the weather, as well as some ability to bring forth outsiders as allies.


Evil GM

Karnog you need a dex or acro check DC 16. If you fail I need a reflex save. Also make a peception check.

The wind is a steady 25 mph and gusting to 45 mph. Visibility is severely limited but you can hear debris thrashing around the yard.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Dex
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 reflex
1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32 perception


Evil GM

Karnog as you step out you get caught up in the wind which lifts you off your feet and pushes you back against the door. You can see timbers breaking off one of the ruins. There are lots of flying missiles in the field. You hear weak yelling coming from an area near the building that is that's breaking apart.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Smacked in the face by the wind, Karnog shields his face and sets his feet.

"Hello! Who's out there in the building?"


Evil GM

"H...e..." the sound trails off.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

grung will drink until the orc stops...I suspect this will require a fort or two

2d20 ⇒ (20, 16) = 36 both +16


Eventually the orc hits her limits when her head thumps off the table. Passed out for the long slumber right there at the table.


Evil GM

"H....' As the wind rips. the tops of trees begin to crack.

Limited internet access today.


Evil GM

Karnog perception sound with loud storm penalty: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 20 - 4 = 35

Karnog:
You suddenly make out an array of orc and goblin voices. There are several war screams and others sound like agony. You do make out one order, "Breach! Fill breach." You don't' see anything with the storm and from your current position near the doorway.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

It's the morning watch and the party members, excluding Karnog, are resting comfortably inside the protective stronghold. Grung is sleeping a bit harder than normal given the "Goblin on Fire" drink he consumed. Little puffs of smoke waft around his beard as he exhales.

12,101 to 12,150 of 16,204 << first < prev | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.