Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


451 to 500 of 16,430 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

@GM: Move towards closest goblin (up the path, i guess), then, drawing hammer as I go.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Regarding rd3... no action. I was waiting... hoping to spot one, but didn't.

>Battle map repost<


Evil GM

Karnog - I put you at I15 so you can attack a goblin. The goblin is in I-14. Take you attack.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 12 attack; 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage

"Die, goblin!" Karnog yells as he swings to crush its skull.


Evil GM

Karnog fury overwhelms his eye sight as the deft goblin ducks from the potentially deadly blow.

goblin:
"Naw, nah, nah...fatso rockchew'r"


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Raising his curved dwarven axe, Varl rushes forward, towards the two goblins ahead of him. Yelling out a dwarven warcry Varl swings his axe at the first goblin. Cleaving through the first one Varl brings his axe to bear on the second, letting the momentum of the blade carry his axe around into the second with a sickening crunch.

Full Round Action: Charge (G15 to F10) w/Power Attack (F9) 1d20 + 1 + 6 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 6 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 28
Damage 2d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + 2 = 10
Attack Goblin via Cleave w/ Power Attack (G11) 1d20 + 1 + 6 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 6 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage 2d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 4 + 2 = 14


Evil GM

Varl- G11 was already dead from Argrim's ranged attack that preceded your attack. It doesn't matter for this skirmish and I'll let you do it but technically, you would not have been able to charge to F10, becasue there was a dead goblin (an obstacle) in G11 and F11 has bushes and is difficult terrain. That being said, I'll permit for this encounter. I know you are having map issues.


Evil GM

RD 5 Update

G1 - dead
Argrim - moved to F15, shot and killed th goblin in G11
Rammellorn -
Varl - moved up to F10 killed the goblin in F9
Karnog - moved to I-15 and missed his attack on Goblin in I-14
Nibb -
Kalim - hit with acid 3 HP, goblin is still up.
Vatilda -
G4 -
G3 -

Only two goblins remain, J14, I-14


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Bah! I was able to see Vatilda's map just fine. I thought the path was two wide and that dead body's don't count as difficult terrain. My fault.


Evil GM
Varl Togaard wrote:
Bah! I was able to see Vatilda's map just fine. I thought the path was two wide and that dead body's don't count as difficult terrain. My fault.

I would consider dead bodies as an obstacle. I will on occasion require Dex, or acro, check if moving across bodies in combat. this little skirmish wasn't intended to be overly challenging...just enough to give you guys some battle and feel for the rhythm of the game.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

I thought I declared the RD5 action ...


Evil GM
Kalim Gudlavaletti wrote:
I thought I declared the RD5 action ...

You did, I missed it on the recap. Editing now.


Evil GM

Rd 5: Remaining Goblins

The goblin with the broken string drop the bow and pulls out the dogslicer and whacks at Karnog,

dogslicer: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5;damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

The second goblin step back 5 ft to get distance and shots at Kalim,

bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13;damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

goblin:
Stuupid we'pon'


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 5
Vatilda gnarls her hand then releases another dark bolt toward the remaining visible goblins.

eldritch bolt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 ranged touch attack vs (J,14)?
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Evil GM

Vatilda's attack hit and kills the goblin with the bow.


Evil GM

RD 5 Update

G1 - dead
Argrim - moved to F15, shot and killed th goblin in G11
Rammellorn -*
Varl - moved up to F10 killed the goblin in F9
Karnog - moved to I-15 and missed his attack on Goblin in I-14
Nibb -*
Kalim - hit with acid 3 HP, goblin is still up.
Vatilda - eldritch blast at J14 killed the goblin
G4 - dead
G3 -missed attack.

*Actions remain

One goblin remain, I-14

------
RD 6

G1 - dead
Argrim -
Rammellorn -
Varl -
Karnog -
Nibb -
Kalim -
Vatilda -
G4 -
G3 -

One goblin remaining I-14


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Round 6

"That was your last mistake, monster! "

1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11 attack, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Off balanced slightly by the knife thrust, Karnog conects with nothing but air.


Evil GM

karnog the bard will set your wondrous dwarven battle prowess to epic poem, to retold over the generations by all around numerous campfires.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

I'm a defender and healer, not a fighter. Aka "Damnit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a professional goblin exterminator!"


Evil GM

"But Bones, if your gonna swing a damn hammer hit something."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Weapon down if you want to live," Kalim says menacingly, eyes still clouded and white. intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Goblin NPC

Although the goblin cannot understand Kalim's words, he gets the message through the tone and look on his face. He drops his dogslicer and begins to squawk in goblin. He looks scared.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Can any of you speak his language or cast some spell to that effect?"


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim would've shot the goblin before Kalim intimidated, but I prefer the surrender.

Argrim will visit the dead goblins in F14 and E13. He will make certain they are dead; retrieve his arrows; and search the bodies. may take longer than one round


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I don't speak their monstrous tongue. If none of us are able, I say brain it now and lets move on. Anyone sustain any wounds?"

Karnog joins Argrim in securing the goblins, ensuring none are simply faking.

Any tracks, or obvious signs of their captives?


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"I don't want to sound ruthless, but leaving them flee is not very wise. Since they are known for their treachery, it's not unlikely that they're going to give alarm to the others. We don't know the prisoner's status nor their lair's location yet."


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Can Nibb use Linguistics to interpret the goblin's words?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"It's not fleeing. I might be persuaded to allow it's captivity, but it is not free to leave as of now."

Karnog retrieves his crossbow and reloads it while he's thinking about goblins fleeing.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Rammellorn charges the goblin at I14 and attacks with his long ax in ROUND 5 using power attack.

Rammellorn let's out a dwarven warcry and charges the nearest vermin hoping to fell him as quickly as the last beast.

Attack 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 1 = 18
Damage 1d12 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

ROUND 6: Rammellorn attacks the same goblin with his long ax.

Attack1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage1d12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Rammellorn quickly repositions himself and strikes hard at the goblin he previously hit.


Evil GM

Rammellorn from your position you are in the woods, and will have to run through those woods, thickets and at least on party member to get to the goblin in I-14. You won't be able to charge through difficult terrain and obstacle during Rd 5.

Kalim gets the creature to drop its weapon are you all really going to kill it in cold blood?


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

I missed that, apologies. I will just double move in round 5 and close in on the goblin in round six to prevent him from fleeing.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I am thinking precisely of those captives. Kill him and that's one less bit of information we can get."


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim continues to search for arrows, dead goblins, and useful items. He whispers to Vadim and Nib, because the spell is still running, "Secure the gobbo, and show him the doll. Their nest may be trapped or have other nastiness."


Evil GM

Argrim any arrow hitting the goblin is destroyed, the others can be retrieved.

The goblin squawks and cowers to the ground. His eyes wide when he sees the doll, then he frantically points down the path, nodding.


Evil GM
Nibbfir Grumepgarth wrote:
Can Nibb use Linguistics to interpret the goblin's words?

You can use linguistics to try to decipher a language but unless you have have a rank in it and learned goblin, you can't speak the language. I will let you roll to get feel for what it is saying to you.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Argrim any arrow hitting the goblin is destroyed, the others can be retrieved.

I would have thought the opposite. Arrows that miss are challenging to find. Arrows that hit are inside soft targets. Cheers


Evil GM
Argrim wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Argrim any arrow hitting the goblin is destroyed, the others can be retrieved.
I would have thought the opposite. Arrows that miss are challenging to find. Arrows that hit are inside soft targets. Cheers

I take the position that the arrow is damaged or weakened when it hits the target, be it by the armor, natural armor, flesh, bone or removal. Then there is a loss percentage for ammo that missed its target but I didn't do that here. No need to get bogged down.


Evil GM

The prisoner is lightly squealing on ground, directing your attention towards the pathway.

The group finds 8 crudely made small shortbows along with 38 short bow arrows. There are 5 extra short bow strings. there are 8 small daggers, 2 non-broken dogslicers (small), and 2 dogslicers with the broken condition (small), mismatched pieces of useless armor.

There are 8 small worn leather pouches containing:

P1: cooper: 1d20 ⇒ 19
P2: cooper: 1d13 ⇒ 6
silver: 1d10 ⇒ 3
P3: 3 colored rocks, and a small ball of fuzzy lint.
P4: gold: 1d4 ⇒ 4
cooper: 1d10 ⇒ 5, lint
P 5: empty
P6: piece of paper folded like small winged bird.
silver: 1d8 ⇒ 7, dead mouse
P7: 5 marbles and small rubber ball
P8: gold: 1d5 ⇒ 3
silver: 1d7 ⇒ 7
cooper: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Nibb has 1 rank in Linguistics, but he hasn't learned Goblin. Can he still try to interpret?

At the strange noises made by the Goblin, Nibb will try to interpret them by derivating grammar contractions from Dwarven and Aklo...

Linguistics check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda's eyes and expression return to normal as the skirmish ends. Trying to play it off her transformation with nonchalance, she casually looks around - filling in details of her vague memory of the brief battle...
"I have no way of understanding the Goblin tongue." She eyes the captured goblin as it gestures. "But we do have a trail, yes?"

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
(To determine he is gesturing toward the other goblins, and not trying to make us think he is leading us back but is actually leading us away.)


Evil GM

Nibb and Vatilda can sense that the goblin is afraid of your all, and is trying to indicate that the path leads to their lair.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"We cannot question the goblin. It has pointed down the trail when shown the child's toy. I suggest we execute it, and press on quickly."

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 sense motive


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

After finds Argrim finds and stores his 3 missed arrows, he accounts the loot and announces "7 gold, 17 silver, 46 copper and 3 colored rocks." Appraise on the rocks: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 He puts them in one pouch and hands it to the Rammellorn.

He pockets the marbles and ball and hands the piece of paper that could be a note to Nib.

Argrim then takes his time and ties the gobbo well and to a tree using his new 50-feet of silk rope.

"Ready for the cave?" He finally asks the crew.


Evil GM

The rocks are colored rocks, no value other than aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

The goblin is bound to the tree and does not appear to be struggling against you.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |
Argrim wrote:

He pockets the marbles and ball and hands the piece of paper that could be a note to Nib.

Argrim then takes his time and ties the gobbo well and to a tree using his new 50-feet of silk rope.

"Ready for the cave?" He finally asks the crew.

"Please, hold on for a moment..."

Nibb is going to examine the paper, if it's written in a language Nibb doesn't know, here is the
Linguistics check:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Do we want to leave this creature tied up and not monitored? I feel this is a bad move, what's to keep it from breaking free and going to warn the other warband? Or anything else, for that matter? "


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Self-preservation. If you wish to execute an unarmed prisoner, I, for one, want no part of it."


Evil GM

Nib the paper that you unfold has nothing written or drawn on it. It was simply a folded bird.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Riffling through the goblins belongings Varl stops on the paper folded into the form of a bird. I doubt a goblin could create something like this.. or would want to.

Varl will open up the paper bird to see if anything is written on it.

451 to 500 of 16,430 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.