Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


1,301 to 1,350 of 16,207 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I am attempting to kill a stubborn darkmantle." ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10acid damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"But failing miserably!"


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Even without his plate, Rammellorn continues his momentum from the success of dropping the sargeant. He quickly moves forward stepping over his dead adversary to get to the next goblin.

Round 11

Move to P6, attack P5

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"A darkmantle? Hold on, I'm going to help you!"

Then, Nibb rushes towards Kalim move to S-17 and take a look at the creature.

A darkmantle... that's why I told you to not split from the group. Reckless, silly human!

Knowledge(arcana) check:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Evil GM

Nibb:

You know its a tentacle type creature that lurks in the shadows, its quite strong with hit's grasp. It can use darkness to help conceal itself.

RD 11: update

Vaitilda - shied bashes and kills goblin in Q6

Rammelorn- steps up to P6 and kills P 5

Varl -

Cave Hoard Goblins -

Kalim -

Karnog - misses his attack on O,4

Argrim -

Nibb -

Separate action:

Darkmantle misses his attack.
Kalim misses his attack

Goblin Cave


Evil GM

RD 11 actions remaining, Varl, cave goblin, Argrim, Nibb has taken his move action but still has his standard action remaining.


Goblin NPC

The remaining goblin archers try to attack once again,

O 4 vs karnog: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Karnog and Argrim get an AOO

P 3 vs Vatilda: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The last one takes aim at Varl

S 3 vs Varl: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Round 11

The gobbo archer confirms his stupidity by using a bow in melee. Argrim takes an opportunity swipe, and watches Karnog do the same.

This human female is tough. Crazy and tough. Argrim thinks to himself of Vatilda before stepping between her and the goblins. He strikes out at the longbow archer.
____________________________________________________
defensively AOO O4 with battleaxe: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 12
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
____________________________________________________
Receive +2 deflection bonus from Vatilda's Protection from Evil round 8 and Bless round 7
5-ft step to P4
defensively flank attack P3 with battleaxe: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 8
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Current AC=24, touch=19, flat-footed=17; and deflect one melee attack per round


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 AoO; 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage
I'm hoping that hits!


Evil GM

Argrim's attacks miss but Karnog does hit but the slippery little green creature is still on its feet.


Evil GM

Varl and Nibb each have RD 11 actions remaining. See earlier post.

RD 12:

Vaitilda -

Rammelorn-

Varl -

Cave Hoard Goblins -

Kalim -

Karnog -

Argrim -

Nibb -

Separate action:

Darkmantle
Kalim

Note: use the RD 11 Update map


Evil GM

RD 12: darkmantle vs. Kalim

The darkmantle once again hones in on it's tasty treat.

slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12;damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Doing it's best to kill the human.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 12

Vatilda glances over her shoulder and sees Rammellorn behind her. She takes a step back, and spins behind him... nudging him gently to the line with her shield. She sees that two of the group are not there, so she continues along the passage to find them.

Friendly Switch Ramm to (P,5) if willing. continue move to (P,12) and looking/listening for Nibb and Kalim... picking up my torch along the way if it is still there.

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20acid damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Evil GM

The darkmantle finally falls to the floor, not moving.


Evil GM

Vatilda your torch is still lit and on the ground when you near it. From your current position you do not see or hear your two companions. The sound of battle and goblin squawk is apparently too loud from the cavern.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Stay down, ye daft little monster!" gritting his teeth from the pain of lots of little arrows in his skin, Karnog brings his hammer down once more.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 to hit, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim pokes it with his spear just in case, and looks around the room.


Evil GM

Kalim Only:

You hear whining coming from in front of you, it appears as if there is a bit wider cavern approximately 10 feet wide by 25 feet long, there are manacles on west wall, a chasm in the middle, and chest on the Southeastern end.

KALIM AND NIBB MAP ONLY

Nibb you can see the back of Kalim from where you are standing, he has his torch in his hand. Kalim I assume you are picking up your torch or you casts light.


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Inspired by Vatilda's courage, Rammellorn steps up to land a blow on the goblin in front of her.
Long axe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Round 12


M Mountain Dwarf Stonelord Paladin 3 | AC 20/ tch 12/ff18 | HP 32/36 | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Darkvision | Fort 5 Ref 3 Will 4 |+2 vs. poison,spells,SLAs | DR 1/Adamantine | CMB+6/CMD18

Move from P6 to Q5; attack P4


Evil GM

The goblin that Rammellorn hit crumbles lifeless to the floor.


Goblin NPC

RD 12

Map update after Rammellorn's attack.

MAP RD 12 update

O 4 vs karnog: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19; damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Karnog and Argrim get an AOO

The last one takes aim at Varl

S 3 vs Rammellorn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

There are goblin sneers as the attacks hit.


Evil GM
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

"Stay down, ye daft little monster!" gritting his teeth from the pain of lots of little arrows in his skin, Karnog brings his hammer down once more.

1d20+6 to hit, 1d8+1 damage.

This misses the slippery bugger.


Evil GM

RD 12 actions remaining: Varl, Argrim and Nibb.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

AoO 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 to hit, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 damage.


Evil GM

Your weapon is getting heavy Karnog...its been a long battle.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

defensively AOO O4 with battleaxe: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 21
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Argrim 5-ft stepped to P4 in Round 11

This lucky gobbo archer continues his stupidity by using a bow in melee. Argrim takes another opportunity swipe after watching Karnog miss again.

Round 12

Where'd she go? Argrim thinks to himself of Vatilda after she switched with Ramm.

If his AOO drops the O4 gobbo, Argrim moves to R4 and strikes S3. Otherwise, he strikes O4 again.
____________________________________________________
Receive +2 deflection bonus from Vatilda's Protection from Evil round 9 and Bless round 8
Move depends
defensively flank attack P3 with battleaxe: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 21
if hit, damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Current AC=24, touch=19, flat-footed=17; and deflect one melee attack per round


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim will move forward and peer into the crack. Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Gah! What am I doing Mutters Varl, looking around the room in a daze as if several days had passed in the blink of an eye. Looking down at his axe he shrugs before settling his gaze on a tiny green goblin. Moving forward the dwarf takes a swing at the hated enemy.

MA: Move to R4
SA: Attack S3 w/PA: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29
Possible Crit: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Damage 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
IF CRIT (additional damage) 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15


Evil GM

The goblins dies under Varl's axe.

Kalim you can't see anything down what appears to be a dark chasm.


Evil GM

Argrim hits the remaining goblin twice and it finally falls dead to the floor.


Evil GM

All the deadly little critters are laying motionless on the cave floor. What are you going to do?

CURRENT MAP


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim looks around the cavern to see only dwarven faces. "What? Only dwarves are here. Guys, since you still don't have your fighting suits on, can you ensure these gobbos stay dead and get dressed? I'm going to find the others. Hopefully, they've found the kids."

With that Argrim heads off to find the others with his battleaxe in hand. Once he leaves the cavern, he starts silently moving.
_____________________________________________
Hustle to tunnel. Then 10-ft per move action taking 10(=18) on Stealth. Hopefully, he'll hear or see something to successfully track/follow.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Ugh. That was quite the slobberknocker fight. Especially with these little melon-headed freaks. Let's pile the corpses, grab what's useful and valuable off them, and I can patch us up best as I can."

Karnog retrieves his crossbow, lasso, and re-settles all his gear before starting to loot and move the goblin corpses off to one corner of the room Southern edge, I'd say.

Once everyone has gathered around (and no goblins are within the burst radius), Karnog calls on the power of Torag to heal their wounds.

2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 healing from Channel Energy (1/4 remaining)


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Karnog, Varl and Argrim are full. Kalim and Vatilda are also hurting. Maybe don your armor and wait to channel until all the damaged folks can benefit?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

I'm still down 10hp, BTW. I was lax in updating my HP line, but was tracking via OOC tags in gameplay. Putting armor on is a good idea, I think. Idea was to get everyone together before healing.

Once everyone is settled down and the equipment sorted, Karnog dons his fullplate with assistance from anyone who will aid him. He returns the favor as needed.


Evil GM

Argrim as head out you run into Vatilda and together you go further south. You each see a side tunnel to the East and what you believe is the main tunnel to the south. Other than a couple dead goblins near the intersection you do not see nor do you know which way the others have gone. There is a lot of squawking in goblin coming from the south.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

"Nibb, Kalim, where are you?" Argrim says starting at a whisper and repeats a little louder after a pause to watch and listen for a reply. He does this until he gets a reaction from Nibb, Kalim, or the gobbos.
___________________________________
Argrim stands in T13. Vatilda in S13


Evil GM

Argrim and Vatilda can make perception checks.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Evil GM

Argrim you hear slight whimpering coming from the east tunnel.


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Argrim signals to Vatilda that he heard something and leads the two down the east tunnel with his battleaxe in hand.


Evil GM

the tunnel heads north east for 30 feet before make a hard turn southward, when you look around the corner you can see alot of liquid with darkvision (black-wht only) but when Vatilda approaches behind you it is obvious is blood on the walls and floor. There is squid like shape laying on the ground. You do not see anyone but there are small footprints leading down the tunnel.

MAP


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

"Around here! It seems Kalim has found something."

Then Nibb cast Sift, looking for traps ahead of them.

Perception check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Evil GM

Nibb you see manacles on the ground/wall they appear closed, there is large crevasse that is too dark for you to see down more than a 15 feet, on the other side of the crevasse is a chest sitting on the floor. Perhaps the darkmantle was the guardian? There are a couple pitons nailed into the ground around the crevasse.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Are the dwarves still busy murdering goblins? This chest may be of interest."


HP 25/25 | AC 15 | Fort +5 Reflex +1 Will +1

Hearing Nibb, Argrim continues toward him.


Male Gnome Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | AC 17/13/15 | Fort+3, Ref+4, Will+5 | Init.+5 | Perception+10 | HP: 25/25 | CMB+1/CMD 12 |

Nibb cast Message with Kalim, in order to sneak up.

"Listen, human. It seems we have found the kidnapped children. My magical sensors can't detect creatures, but it seems some captives are held here. I suggest you to proceed with caution."

Then, he will walk slowly up to half his speed trying to observe the surroundings, using Kalim's torch-light.


Dwarven Fighter (Unbreakable) 3 AC 22/21/11 / HP 37/37 / F +5 R +2 W +4 (+1 Will vs mind-affecting effects) (+4 vs poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) / Init. +1 / Perc. +8 / CMB +6 / CMD 17

Ya found da children Nibb? Varl asks questionably. Seems ya found something else too. The dwarf mutters kicking the corpse of the Darkmantle. Hopefully da children are in one piece. Ah heard dat goblins like to take a bit at a time da keep em fresh...

1,301 to 1,350 of 16,207 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.