Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


2,801 to 2,850 of 16,204 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Evil GM

The gate is barred what is the group going to do next?


Evil GM

How is the group going to proceed now that they are at the barred gate. It is night time. Anyone with knowledge religion can roll a check to determine what the rotting fleshed corpse is.

Know Religion DC 8 or higher:

You know that the creature is a zombie - an undead creature that was animated by dark magic.


Male Orc Druid 10

Any chance I could know what it is with a more difficult Knowledge Nature check?

After making sure his companions are healthy Sheyan turns to the others "So, do we intend to break through the gate?"


Evil GM

make know nature check DC12...you'd know it's unnatural.


Male Orc Druid 10

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Sheyan frowns as he looks down at the creature "Argrim, did you see anybody using magic?"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Let's send our sneakiest to scout the exterior to see if there is another entrance. Otherwise, a full frontal assault appears to be our only option.


Male Orc Druid 10

Nodding, Sheyan leans down and speaks in Sylvan to Teima, pointing at the building and drawing a circle in the air with his finger. After a moment Teima licks his hand and pads off, Kio watching silently "I'm not entirely confident she got my meaning, but she's going to look for any openings in the building"

Not sure if an order like this to Teima is realistic, basically wondering if she'll understand "Find an entrance"


Female Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 kn: religion

"A zombie. Unnatural creature. Might mean there's a necromancer somewhere nearby. More than likely, anyways. If we get swarmed, I can use my healing to blast the buggers, too. Of course, that means less patching up of you all, though. Usr care. "

Karnog makes the sign of the hammer, whispering a short prayer against evil in dwarven.


Evil GM

I'll put up a revised map when I get home today.

The group is able to find a corner to hunker down in near the walls that is out of the direct view while Teima heads off looking for another access.

Argrim is a bit fidgety and indicates that he's not comfortable with this situation. His nerves seem a bit frazzled as he looks back towards the zombie. "Not keen on the undead, don't think I'm gonna go inside there."


Evil GM

Teima begins to head to the North and he picks up a familiar scent dwarf and he begins to track it towards the cliff overhang. He sneaks forward and comes up on dwarf that is hiding in some brush. Teima bares teeth but does not attack the surprised dwarf.

Grimm:

Grimm your cartography group was attacked and overrun by hobgoblins and human zombies being lead by cultists a few days ago. Two of your members perished fighting but one was captured while you were seriously wounded and left for dead after you fell into a small ravine. Your party was dragged away. You managed to survive and free yourself and track the group here to this cloister.

You've been watching the front gate for the last day but being on your own, you haven't saw an opportunity to move in.

Then in the last 30 minutes you saw a wolf and dwarf walk up to the gate while others hide in ditch about 70 yards away. You heard the battle but did not see the wolf leave. Suddenly when you turn around, there are white fangs near you as you recognize its the wolf that was with the dwarf.


Female Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Not sure if it was a typo or I didn't clarify it, but Teima is female. Just fyi haha

Teima remains at a respectful distance, fangs bared at the small-stout-man. She wasn't told to find or attack anybody, but Sheyan would probably be interested to know of any people around here. His pack seems tense. She waits for the man to make a move marking him friendly or not


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

The meaty dwarf would look like something DIFFICULT to bite, since he was wearing a Spiked Steel Breastplate.

In fact barring the stiff leather leggings and metal thigh plates he looked very sharp and pointy.
He was a walking armory as it were between the armor, spiked Cestus, an axe, Warhammer, Greatsword, a belt and two boot daggers and a bandolier of sharpend stakes and heavy pick all well hung from well cared for belt loops and harnesses.
He also sported a set of Quickdraw sheaths on his forearms that likely held more daggers or perhaps wands?

Realizing he had been sprung but not altogether sure the wolf was hostile, Grimm merely readies his Battleaxe and shield and stands ready.
Not a quiet dwarf once battle started, he whispered a quick prayer to Gorum, Been biding me time boss, if this lot be foe I'll either walk in their blood or make me death glorious.
He stands ready.


Female Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Teima looks at the vast array of metal on the man and the raised axe. Once he stands there waiting though, she decides he's probably just defending himself. She conceals her teeth and comes out into the open, looking at the short man, then looking behind her. She begins to walk back towards the group, turning to the man as if saying 'you coming?'


Evil GM

Here is a close up of the cloister area where you are located. There is a wall/building that you are against and it turns and overhangs the cliff.

Map


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Grimm turns his head sideways, almost in the same manner as the questioning wolf.
Got yeself master ye want me ta meet eh? Fair's fair.

The dwarf lowers his Axe arm but follows just the same, keeping his shield up.
The wolf was clearly leading him back to the other dwarf he'd spotted and Grimm was to find more success in the company of his kin.

Coming upon the wolf's master the dwarf speaks a greeting, Well ye don't look like no bloody walking corpse so that bodes well. Grimm Sharpest, me party was overcome on a trip out here an everybody got em selves kilt without so much as a head chopped. Dropped 5 zombies meself till the damn gobbos pack rushed me down a ravine and were too chicken$h!t ta make the climb down an finish me off.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Good day, Grimm. You seem like a stout enough fellow. With Abadar's blessing, we were about to storm the manor. Our wolf friend here was scouting another way in. I am Malcolm Cavendish, Warrior of the Holy Light of Abadar.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Hello, Grimm Sharpest. I am known as Karnog Kegmeister, priest of the All-Creator. Are you in need of medical attention?"

Clad head to to in reinforced steel, Karnog is the epitome of dwarven protection.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan has a slight grin Oh good, now the dwarves can laugh drink and bang metal long into the night together. "Greetings Grimm. If you intend on sticking around we could probably use the man power, it's dangerous though" He pauses as a low growling is heard "And don't try to pet Kio, he'll have to get used to you"


Evil GM

Argrim looks around, "I'll 'elp to get you in and cover the rear, you all go inside." The earlier baying is getting closer. "I'll cover our scent up the road, keep the angry critters from coming in for a meal."

Once inside Argrim will move to the background.


Evil GM

The party has check one side of the cloister for a secondary entrance but were led to the cliff overhang. There is the other side you can check out, if you like.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda nods to the new dwarf, and simply says "Vatilda... Good to meet you" before turning her attention back to the cloister.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan leans down, giving Teima the same instructions but pointing to the other side


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Oh, good. Another dwarf."


Male Allosaurus Druid Companion 9

Kio looks at Teima briefly before fixating on the new person. He audibly growls, ignoring Sheyans look


Evil GM

About 15 minutes later Teima returns a bit and rubs on the wall in the direction she had come from. There are some burrs in her coat and she is carrying a grape vine in her mouth. Anyone with knowledge nature or survival realizes the vine is spindly and has seen better days, the fruit are tiny.

She can't communicate with you...correct?


Male Orc Druid 10

Correct

Sheyan leans down and begins taking out the burrs "I believe she's telling us if we find the spot where this grape vine is we may have an entrance. These burrs might be a good indication as well"


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Nicely done, Sheyan and Teima. We should move before more of those undead show up. Anyone injured?"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 heal


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Not injured now, Burned out one o me wands o healing ta get up after that fall. Got me 3 fully charged wands left. Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat and Keep Watch. As fer helping out, I be an inquisitor o' Gorum. Skilled with weapons o steel an faith. Happen to be a 1/2 decent sneak ta boot. Warfare's what I be about but when I ain't got one o them nearby any scrap with a decent cause will do.


Evil GM

Is the group going to rest for the night, assault the front door or search the around the other side of the cloister?


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

Bring it!


Male Orc Druid 10

I believe search to see if Teima did indeed find an opening. If not I guess we're going kick in the door style


Evil GM

Map, Grounds overview so far

Map 2, close-up of your current position

Malcolm:
The entire comples radiates a faint evil.

As you round the cloister's corner, the full moon rises above the horizon, you enter into an area of distended vineyards overgrown with briar and thistle; mossy, ancient trees grow stunted and monstrous. There are bunches of wild grapes on the vines. You find and old storm door covering a recess.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm whispers back over his shoulder to the others as they approach the storm door.

Be wary all. The entire cloister radiates evil.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan smiles down at Teima "Well done Teima" He absentmindedly scratches her ear as he casts detect magic to scan the area.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Hah! 'evil'!"


Evil GM

Sheyan and others who cast detect magic:

The walls, buildings, and the storm door radiate magic. You see two auras - one faint (evocation), the other moderate (universal).


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan continues to focus on the magic, trying to identify its purpose

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Evil GM

Spell Craft DC 24 and above Spell 1, in conjunction with detect magic:

Sheyan you only figure out one of the spells there is a desecration spell on everything.

Spell Craft DC 24 and above Spell 2, in conjunction with detect magic:

There is a permanency spell in effect.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

spellcraft 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12spellcraft 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Evil GM

A series of howls can be heard in the distance. The moon has a crimson tint to it this evening. The howling continues.


Male Orc Druid 10

Sheyan frowns "This is a desecrated area. Undead are stronger here"


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Vatilda gazes over the structure, and looks at Sheyan. "I am impressed... I definitely feel it... and see.., but details are not clear to me. The nature of the magic completely eludes me." Inherently competitive regarding arcane knowledge, she looks like she is about to pop a blood vessel straining to come up with more than the druid was able to discern.

sp: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
sp: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

kn(arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

kn(arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

No detect magic or spellcraft here

So, storm door or do I shape sn opening for us in the stone? "


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Let's see if we can move the storm door to get in this way.

Malcolm attempts to open the door, pulling with all his might, if necessary.

STR Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Evil GM

The others take up position readying for attack as Malcolm struggles with the storm door, the hinges grind but ultimately give way to the force. Revealing steep dark roughly cut stone stairs (7 ft wide), the smell of mildew and musk permeates the air. The full moon reveals that the steps end roughly 30 feet below the surface on a similar stone floor.

Are you going down? Tell me if this marching order is ok. Grimm, Malcolm, Karnog, Vatilda, Kalim, Sheyan with the wolves guarding the rear.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I am fine with that order.


M Dwarf Inquis-Witchhunter 16, Init +5, Percep+13, HP72/76 AC25/12/23+3 w/Judge, Saves F10/R6/W11+4 Spells/Poison(race), +3 w/Know Def, +3 w/Judge , Attk: +13 +2 w/RAGE, +3 Judge, +2 Trip, CMD+23+29vsTrip,+27vsBull

I am happy ta lead but if yer gonna be second, make an attempt ta keep quiet. Gorumite's believe in strength and overwhelming force over honor. I am not one fer announcing us and Dueling every damn foe we find. I catch something unawares that looks evil or monstrous, it dies and we move on, deal? Step lightly and I'll stay within 40 ft darkvision so I can see ye and stay outside yer torchlight. I won't be carryin a light. Anybody got a MESSAGE spell so's we can whisper at range?

Grimm swaps his TEAMWORK FEAT to STEALTH SYNERGY. Who ever is second in line please make Stealth rolls cause I can use my own or yours, whichever is higher

The Dwarf whispers a quick prayer and drinks a potion (GUIDANCEx2, Elixir of Hiding) and takes the lead. He had his shield stowed in his Haversack for now and his Great Sword in hand, he meant business.
Perception, Guidance: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 = 15
Stealth, Guidance, Elixir- Armor Check: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 10 - 3 = 34


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Darkness is fine, Friend Grimm. Silence is more difficult for some of us to achieve. "


Male Orc Druid 10

Covering the rear is good with me. Perhaps if Grimm wants stealth we could put Teima in front with him and put her scent to use for scouting?

2,801 to 2,850 of 16,204 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.