Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


5,301 to 5,350 of 16,216 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>

HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

I was half hoping one of you would know who I really am. Grungsdi is what is sounded like the orcs were shouting when they were chasing me.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

I say we just kill them now, they will be here shortly I suspect. Grung grabs his sling and reloads it.


Evil GM

Karnog and Grung here more guttural voices coming from across the trench, but it's voices only. No orcs appear from over the trench.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Shame we can't get across that trench...


Evil GM

if you spend a little time looking around the cavern you can find a plank, it's not overly sturdy, but it could hold a lighter character. there are planks on the other side of the trench that the orcs had pulled up. You could climb down the trench and back up the other side....potentially. To name a few methods.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Exactly how far across is it? A running jump may also work? We only need to get one or two across to use the planks on the other side.


Evil GM

Ahhhhh, the old running long jump. It's 8 ft at it's narrowest.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

That seems like it would be a reasonable DC for someone with a decent Acrobatics skill level.

Would a couple of you more acrobatically-inclined persons care to jump across and set the planks for the rest of us.


Evil GM

It's long jump DC 8 +1 for dead bodies as obstacles = DC 9. don't forget the armor check penalties.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

I think I should wait for te planks


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

I make that if I take 1.

Desmond almost lazily jumps the gap, then goes to setting down some planks.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

I too will wait.

Malcolm proceeds to the edge in hopes of assisting with the planks from this side. He smiles when he seed Des make his way across.

Well done! Hurry, Des, we want to be ready to attack the other arriving Orcs.


Evil GM

Des manages to place the crossing planks over the trench. The group crosses safely. I need to update the form my home computer tonight.

There are orcish voices coming from farther down the tunnel. You really need to see the map before you do anything.


Evil GM

Updated Map

The cavern is dark, so tell me if you have a light source. I know the dwarves don't need one, but the humans do unless they have some means to see.

There is another trench ahead and on the other side of the trench is a 3 foot earthen wall. I outlined it on the map so you could see it. There are bowman aiming ready for you.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm activates his cap of light, and he proceeds ahead.


Evil GM

RA Initiatve:

RA:
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Kalim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Malcolm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Grung: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Vatilda: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Desmond: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
archers: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

RA Initiative:

Desmond
Vatilda
Grng
Malcolm
Kalim
Archers
Yellow Orcs
Karnog

The orcs have +2 partial cover from the earthen wall.

The orcs have pulled their planks onto their side of the wall.

RD 1 Begins...


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung Frowns,

Someone pull up our planks!


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung launches a sling stone

Sling 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 13 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Evil GM

Grung's stone sparks off the wall.


The orcs snarl as Grung's stone clanks harmlessly away. The authoritative sound of orders are given. The shortbows take aim.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog casts shield, stores his buckles, and steps up 5'.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Malcolm returns to the first trench and begins to pull the planks to lay across the new one.


Evil GM

RD 1: update

RA Initiative:

Desmond
Vatilda
Grung - fires a stone but misses
Malcolm - grabs a plank
Kalim
Archers
Yellow Orcs
Karnog - cast shield steps up 5 ft


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Uhhh...what's going on?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

We are soon to be under attack. I suggest you fire on the Orcs until I can bring up the planks.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Totally missed the map. I just saw "INITIATIVE!" and was like "OH GOD WHAT'S HAPPENING."

Desmond grabs Karnog's crossbow again, firing it at the nearest orc.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Evil GM

I believe the 20 is going to miss with the partial cover the orcs have, but I need to double check when I get home.

How are the casters doing with their spells?


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

As her mind clouds with the return to combat, Vatilda prepares another ward. She then bestows it upon Kalim before slipping past the others.

Protection from Evil 6min on Kalim, move to H,24.


RD 1: Orcs

Three orcs behind the earthen embankment take aim with their short bows:

@ Vatilda:
comp, pt blank, precise: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

@ Grung:
comp, pt blank, precise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

@ Karnog
comp, pt blank, precise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

These archers, although skilled, are off their marks.


Evil GM

Des your 20 did hit an archer for 6 HP.

Kalim still has an action.
Yellow orcs don't have ranged weapons.

RD 2:

RA Initiative:

Desmond
Vatilda
Grung -
Malcolm -
Kalim
Archers
Yellow Orcs
Karnog

RD 2 Map


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Just about out of spells ...anyone want to embiggen?


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung would take it to gain reach!


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Sling 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Grung grins as he strikes the Orc that has a bolt in it in te temple


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim enlarges the strange dwarf.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 2

Malcolm grabs a plank in each hand and begins to draw them back to the forward trench.

I am not sure if you need any rolls for this task, or how long it will take?


Evil GM

This will be you action Malcolm grabbing two planks move action, moving toawards the trench std action. With your armor do you ahve 20 or 30 ft of movement?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog moves towards the edge of the trench, cursing the orcs in dwarven.

"Hey! Ye daft green skinned motherless lumps of waste! Shoot me if ye can!"

Standard action: total defense. Protection from Evil, Barkskin, Shield, Total defense = AC 33 currently


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

30 Feet.


human oracle+mesmerist 7/Hierophant 2 AC 20/tch13/ff17 ~ Init +5 - Per +10 ~ HP 65/65 ~ CMB +5/CMD18 ~ F+6 R+10 W+15 (+2 vs spells , SLA, Su)

Round 2

Vatilda gestures and spits out a few guttural words, then points to one of the orcs behind the archers.
"Droba vor narlin..."

Murderous Command on L,28 Will DC16

spells remaining...
0/7 1st level
1/6 2nd level
2/4 3rd level


Evil GM

RD 1- kalim cast enlarge dwarf.

RD 2:

RA Initiative: update

Desmond -
Vatilda - murderous command
Grung - hits for 10 HP (I add +2 for str boost form the enlarge)
Malcolm - had planks
Kalim
Archers
Yellow Orcs
Karnog - moves to edge of trench, total defense.

orc save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Updated Map with planks


RD 2 Orc Archers

The three archers take aim with their short bows:

One fires at Karnog,
comp, pt blank, precise: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The stoic dwarf's total defense shell his up and the nearly perfectly aimed arrow breaks on impact.

Another fires at Malcolm,
comp, pt blank, precise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The last fires at Vatilda
comp, pt blank, precise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


RD 2 Yellow Orcs with flachions

One gets ready to meet the challenge of the crossing invaders, while the second orc unexpectedly hacks at the back of one the archer pinged by Grung's stone.

falchion, PA 1: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 1 = 11;damage, PA: 2d4 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 + 3 = 10

Missing wildly, but causing alarm.


Evil GM

Updated RD 2 Map

The archers with the red dots have been injured by Grung and Des.
the yellow orc with the red dot is under Vatilda's spell.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +29 HP 141/141 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +17, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Is that all you've got? You'll have to do better than that to crack this dwarf's shell, ya daft monsters!"

Karnog laughs and points at the orcs, attempting to goad further arrows his way.


Evil GM

Kalim is nearly out of spells so he probably won't act. Des still has his RD 2 action.

RD 2:

RA Initiative: update

Desmond -
Vatilda -
Grung -
Malcolm -
Kalim
Archers
Yellow Orcs
Karnog

Map is posted above.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin/9 Warrior of the Holy Light/HP: 90/93/AC: 21(22)/CMB: 15/CMD: 27/Init: 2/Perc: 7

Round 2

Malcolm moves directly across the plank and attacks the Orc in the middle, over the three foot wall with his Bastard Sword.

BS Att: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
BS Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Addl Crit Dam: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Potential Total Dam: 17


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Round 2 attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Pew Pew: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

I'll attack an orc that's not in melee.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

get out o me way!


Evil GM

Des' shots hit twice but the orc is still up. He has now taken three bolts from Desmond. Since you are at the top of the order you were able to attack the orcs before they melee.

Malcom hits hard but doe not doe extra damage to his foe. This is the same orc that Desmond had shot at previously. The beast grimaces and snarls a the warrior.

Updated Map


Evil GM

I screwed up with the RD number earlier.

RD 3:

RA Initiative: update

Desmond - Des hit with his RD 3 crossbow bolt.
Vatilda -
Grung -
Malcolm - hits once
Kalim
Archers
Yellow Orcs
Karnog

RD 3 Map


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung will sling again since he cannot stand anywhere and attack

Sling 1d20 + 2 - 1 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 1 + 9 = 26for 1d4 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 4 = 6

5,301 to 5,350 of 16,216 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.