Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


12,051 to 12,100 of 16,204 << first < prev | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | next > last >>

Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond grins and wraps an arm around Nym, burying his knuckles in the drow's hair. "This guy? He's about as much of a threat to you as a puppy."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung grips Croaker tightly and he sees the goblins... Time to be kingly...diplomacy...would feel so good to slaughter them though... he mutters to himself

After several deep breaths he relaxes

I need a drink!


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Seeing the blades come out Nym quickly drops into a defensive stance shining rapier in hand.

undercommon:
"Kar'nog, Kal'm, what is the meaning of this?

gm:
If anyone moves to attack Nym will use his special spell like ability to cast darkness


When Desmond jests it breaks the tension with the orcs and goblins. they nod and ease their weapons down. "You misfit...like us! That's what Moth'r calls us ...guud misfits." The big orcs laughs s he thumbs his chest.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym eases slightly and his rapier disappear. He gives Desmond a sideways look wondering why the human has his arm around him and what he is saying to the orcs.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Undercommon:

Spoiler:
"The goblins are a new addition, but this is Orctown. As you might guess, it was named for the people we began the town with. Meathead is our ogre friend, who has taken up a position of authority here."


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Who is mother?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A few minutes later a hulking mass emerges from the cave entrance a couple hundred feet away form your current location. There's a loud bellow, "You back come...come." You see a jar drop out of his hands as he begins to run towards you. Arms spread wide "You back come!"

It's quite a vision to see a large ogre running open armed towards you, yelling happy words of encouragement. It's actually quite disturbing as you think about it for a moment; especially, as bands of goblins dive out of his lumbering way, not wanting to get squished under his feet.


Grungsdi wrote:
Who is mother?

"Me sweety...Meath'ds g'friend." a voice seems to have heard you as she steps out of the guardhouse by the front gate.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung endures the crushing hug that comes...he thinks his armor might need to be pounded out after

he looks at Mother. Ogress?

Well don't that just beat all..how did...uh...you meet Meat?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Meathead!" Kalim calls out with uncharacteristic glee. "We have stories and teachings and gifts ...and we must meet our newcomers!"


Mother, female orc, scurries up close to Nym and speaks,

Undercommon:
"Ease yourself, no harm here. We all have run from a horrid past, but these...." She motions to your party, "guud people gave us hope. Hope to live free and t'geth'r."

She pauses a second or two then asks, "Where do you hail from...which house." She can't help herself "did you own many ...slaves?" She seems genuinely concerned about your potential answer. You can see her fingers are touching and rubbing what looks like a beaded necklace in her hands. You've seen enough spellcasters and you finger she's some sort of hag, druid, or witch.


About half way to you the big ogre slows down and bends over, his big meaty hands on his knobby knees. he seems to be winded, sucking and gasping for air. Clearly, he is not use to the such a great run.

"Meath'd ..."<cough>be <hack, hack> there soon."


"He guud for short duration...like aligator...fast in the dash." She smirks.


"Me careeeee stuff...me do guud. Me strong." a little goblin is scurrying around Karnog's feet. "Me be guud pack mule." <Hop hop hop>


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog returns the effusive greeting towards Meathead, nodding to Mother as well.

"Yes, yes, very good little goblin. I am sure you will be a fine carrier of stuff and doer of things. What are you called?"


"Toe lickin' Slorb, yer holinuss." He averts looking at the almighty Father of the Orctown.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"I am pleased to meet you, Toe Licking Slorb. How do you like living and working in Orctown? I see you have learned to speak common quite well, what else have you learned here?"


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Toe-Kicking Slorb, you are not a good pack mule. You are a good Toe Licking Slorb! To be our best selves is the ultimate mission for all."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Mother wrote:

Mother, female orc, scurries up close to Nym and speaks,

** spoiler omitted **

spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Undercommon:
"I hail from Sshummtylan. The ruling house is Mylyl. Though I servered in thier army during the war with House DeVir; I am not royalty. I do not own slaves. That is typically something reserved those of *in a slightly disgusted tone* higher status. I find the act somewhat deplorable. And what is your story?


The little goblin stares blankly at Kalim, blinking stupidly. Huh? he drops to his knees and starts to lick Kalim's leather boots.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Little goblin, that is not necessary. Kalim was merely saying you do not need to pretend to be a pack mule. You are successful being a goblin, just as you are."


Undercommon:
"I've liv'd looong life. Me served ol'chieftain Daarog as his concubine and fortune tell'r." She smiles. "Stolen from first orc warrios after kilt by Daarog." She shrugs. "Strong survive...then ..." She waves to group. "...they crush and kill Daarog clan and freed those willing." She smiles and looks and the lumbering ogre as he continues his race to the group. "Me happy with Meath'd." She touches her belly.


The ground shakes a bit as the huge ogre arrives and grabs Grung in a warm embrace. Picking him up three feet off the ground. Between the hot sweaty ogre - he did run to you - and the briny smell from what ever was in the jar he was eating before he dropped it in his mad dash, the ogre is quite ripe from his exertion.

After a satisfying hug he moves on and squishes Felicitas in an appropriate manner. He's careful not to hug her too hard as she doesn't look quite as durable as Mother.

Then over to Kalim and Karnog in a massive two arm threesome bearhug. "Meath'd happeeee to see you. We do guud mak'n fuud and home." He blurts out. "We trade fair with caravan...we not eat 'em or rob 'em either." Careful to include that fine bit of detail. "Mother has baby Meath'd in her tummy....and we have missun hunt'n party too."

He lets go and heads to Desmond grabbing him tightly. "Did you bring me any pickled stirges?" his belly rumbles but then he sees Nym and goes speachless.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"We'll talk about the missing hunting party later, Meathead. It's good to see you."

Karnog returns the embrace of the ogre in a brotherly fashion, smiling to hear his report of the camp's activities.

"Congratulations on the little one coming, Meathead. And you as well, Mother. I am happy for you."

"Everyone, this is Nym. He's a dark elf from down below, and he is quite a powerful mage and warrior. He helped slay a bunch of other drow, demons, and undead in the dungeon, and has proved to be quite a stalwart ally."

Undercommon:

Spoiler:
"Nym, I've introduced you, but I don't know how many of our people can speak your tongue. Good luck, I guess."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:


Undercommon: ** spoiler omitted **

undercommon:
"If any of them speak the surface elves language; I speak that too."
Nym surveys the motley town folks
undercommon:
"I'll stick with common. The witch speaks it. Maybe while we are here you or Kal'm can teach me some of your surface common language."

Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Undercommon:
"I would be happy to do so, Nym. I am sure at least some folks speak elven, although come to think of it," Karnog looks around the scattered townsfolk, consisting largely if irks, goblins, and other castaways, "Maybe not, maybe not."

Common: "What do you say we butcher this here huge pig, and get it up on the old barbecue pit? It will feed plenty, that's for sure'"

Karnog sets about getting the feast organized and makes sure the team, Meathead, Mother, and any other leader types are seated together for the meal.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

dwarven:
Perhaps we should figure out what killed their hunters?


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

"Indeed Grungsdi!" Felicitas sits around listens to the others barter and bicker, laugh and smile and deep inside feels a tiny little bit of peace, a feeling not felt for quite some time!


The feast begins. You find that the goblins are quite resourceful in hteir food preparation skills. Once you get past the sight of the goblins playing with fire and occasionally, scorching themselves they actually prepare a great roasted pig.

The festivities continue and for a few hours everyone finds a few moments of peace.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Hearty congratulations to you both! The miracle of life's chaotic springing from nothingness is truly joyous."

Later, at the meal, "Felicitas, care to tell our tales as we sup?"


When Kalim speaks quite a few townies look towards Felicitas wanting to hear a good story.

"O...O...Oh is there a goblun sorcerer in it? I like 'em" One of the golbin's add.

"How 'bout fire...gotta 'ave fire....fire fun." another chirps.

"What 'bout longshank demon horses...." There is a choir of hisses at the mention of horses.

"Guud eats too...delicious fuud like eagle eggs."

And the list and comments go on and on.


Anyone who wants to jump in and tell some stories or rely events feel free to do so.

Mother sits next to Nym.

undercommon:
"If you need woman...or boy, I git you one." She picks up some pork from her plate and shovels it in her mouth. "You fortunate to git out...will they hunt you?" She gulps some of her dark mead, the rich foam drips from her mouth and she wipes it with her arm. "You here long or go to Longshank city?"


There a loud thump on the long dining table. "SHHHHHHHHHHHHH...let 'em speak." Meath'd demands from the little goblins. "I cook you...next." the one closest to Grung hides behind the dwarf.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Mother wrote:

Anyone who wants to jump in and tell some stories or rely events feel free to do so.

Mother sits next to Nym.

** spoiler omitted **

Nym looks at the strange creature not quite sure what to make of her

undercommon:
"No, No, I'm quite fine."
he says while slicing a small piece for the roasted pig
undercommon:
"Who? Orcus? Possibly. It may be us who do the hunting though."
spearing the small piece with his fork almost as if to drive home that point.
undercommon:
"I'm not sure. We need to press our advantage while some of Orcus's captains are out of the way, but we need to plan as well."
He then bites the meat and pulls out a small cloth and dabs the corners of his mouth.
undercommon:
"It appears your mate want everyone's attention"

Im picturing the ogre his fingure in front of his mouth when he ssssh's everyone and spraying more the sssssh'ing


The old crone waves off Nym's last comment.

Undercommnon:
"No theys just stuupid."
She points at a few goblins.

undercomm:
"they talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk when everyone else talks."

She sniffs the air.

undercommon:
"I tell your fort'ne see if you live or die t'morrow...or next day."

She pulls out a ratty old sack and dumps the contents on the table. All the goblins go deathly quiet as the assorted bones fall out.


Evil GM

Nym: Look at Meath'ds picture that's him when all the goblins talk. Big meaty hands on his ear.,


Her bony fingers begin to pick through the assorted bones. She picks one up and gnaws part of the dried meat from it then toss it back into the pile. Suddenly the ol'crone plucks one of Nym's white hairs and pulls it tight. She mumbles a few strange words under her breath. and she places the hair in the palm of her hand. With one fluid motion she scoops up the assorted bones and then she vigorously shakes them. For what seems like an eternity.


A rather lean half-orc straddles the bench between Desmond and Grung. She winks at each of them. "Frisky." He announces as she points a thumb at her chest. <smiles> "Eat...eat....drink...much." She pauses for a moment and thinks about her next words. "True you great warriors?"


Mother continues to shake the bones in her hands...

The goblins continue to watch.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog begins a tale of their assault on the underground castle, paying special attention to the defenses and design.

"...And then Prince Grungsdi laid the Dwarven deathknight low with his mighty axe strikes. Immediately, Sorcerer Kalim targeted the creature's cursed armor with his powerful disintegration beam, eliminating its evil once and for all."

He brings everyone up to speed on their exploits in the dungeon thus far.

"My Lord Torag blessed me with further instructions, now that those captains of the cult have been eliminated. There is something called the Keeper in the Starlight Shrine, which we must learn more about. There are also troops being sent our way, to arrive within a few weeks, a couple of months at the latest. And finally, two scouting parties of demons and giants proceeded us out of the dungeon. Where they went and what they're doing, I know not, but they must be stopped. They, or a smaller splinter group like them, are probably who took out our missing hunting parties."

Messages from God:
You have a rush of spells surge into your body. Suddenly fire spring up around your anvil as you pound on it. This forge seems hotter then normal and you understand your God is pleased. Then you begin to understand the voice filling clanging in your mind and heart as your anvil sounds strong.
”Faithful Karnog you and your comrades have done well but the stone has been cast in the pond and the ripple effects now begin.” The message pauses to let you soak in its meaning. For now your attention must be diverted to the surface. Collect yourselves and search for answers from “The Keeper in the Starlight Shrine” to the riddles you’ve encountered below. Grand Cornu of Orcus and his advisor can wait till you are stronger and better prepared.”
”I see a sea of fire and rage that is heading toward the surface. The denizens below are agitated and shock troops are on the move within in the next new moonrise.” There another pause, "I can see two large scouting parties already on the surface. Demons Captains and giants leading the groups." You gather these expeditionary forces came through the cave opening you just closed.
Essentially you have three missions while on the surface: 1) reequip and rest, 2) research answers and find the Keeper, 3) hunt down or try to stop the two scouting parties.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung grunts in acknowledgement at Frisky, but is very engrossed in his set of ribs.

ye fight lass?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"You're forgetting the part where Desmond left us to sleep with a vampire. Goblins, even you know how dumb that was, am I right?"diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


There a lot of Ohs and Ahs. "Stuupppid. Heheheh."


The bones continue to rattle.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

spellcraft to figure out what mother is doing: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Yes, a very unwise decision. If you do see a vampire, or any other undead, you should run and try to get as many allies as possible. Luckily enough for you, goblins, they don't care for fire. Burning them can be quite effective at eliminating the risen dead, indeed."


Evil GM

Nym it looks like she's about to roll the assorted bones to read you future. She's gonna tell you if you are going to die tomorrow or the next day.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Nym it looks like she's about to roll the assorted bones to read you future. She's gonna tell you if you are going to die tomorrow or the next day.

but not real magic


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Nym it looks like she's about to roll the assorted bones to read you future. She's gonna tell you if you are going to die tomorrow or the next day.
but not real magic

If you say so....hahhahahhahhha

12,051 to 12,100 of 16,204 << first < prev | 237 | 238 | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.