Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


15,101 to 15,150 of 16,207 << first < prev | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Desmond:
You smell brimstone coming from the tunnel to the west.
You also catch a glimmer under some of the nearby bones.

Updated Map

Nym:
You notice some scattered coins on floor under the dust and bones.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Brimstone down this tunnel, guessing it's nice and warm that way." He says nonchalantly as he moves towards some nearby bones.

Going to see what's shiny down there!


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12

If we are in a couple of rounds downtime Duncan will pull a medium size bone from his haversack and cast DEFENDING BONE on it.
The bone will animate and float around him to block incoming attacks.

DEFENDING BONE:
You animate a bone with necromantic energy, giving it the power to float near your body and interpose itself against physical attacks.

You gain damage reduction 5/bludgeoning. Once the bone has prevented a total of 5 points of damage per caster level (maximum 50 points), it is destroyed and the spell is discharged. This spell has no effect if you have damage reduction from another source. This lasts for 1hour/level.


Evil GM

Desmond:
Desmond you see a bluish green stone, it looks perfectly shaped and smooth. It looks to be an emerald or sapphire from your POV. Its about the size of a tangerine.

Duncan, always on edge, casts a defensive spell as the adventures regroup in the bone room.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond glances at the others, subtly reaching down towards the gem.

Then he remembers:
-The cursed evil sword
-The vampire biting his neck
-The demon in the bedroom

And a dozen other misadventures that nearly ended in his death and/or dismemberment due to his poor choices.

Should he really just reach down and grab this random gem in a hostile dungeon without consulting the party first?

.
.
.

Of course he should. How else would he add to his collection of stories? He snatches up the gem.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym casts detect magic then eyes floor. He pokes at one of the coins with his sword. There arez zome coins over herez. Zhould we grab themz or leavez?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:

Desmond glances at the others, subtly reaching down towards the gem.

Then he remembers:
-The cursed evil sword
-The vampire biting his neck
-The demon in the bedroom

And a dozen other misadventures that nearly ended in his death and/or dismemberment due to his poor choices.

Should he really just reach down and grab this random gem in a hostile dungeon without consulting the party first?

.
.
.

Of course he should. How else would he add to his collection of stories? He snatches up the gem.

This is definitely THE best post that I've read in 2019.


Evil GM

Nym:
the coins don't show any magic (27 GPs in assorted coin). You do see a moderate evocation aura coming from under a nearby skull.

if you investigate:
A burnt copper necklace with three small globes remaining on it. Fireball necklace a 7d6, a 4d6, and a 3d6 fireball remains.


Evil GM

What is game plan? Are you heading towards the brimstone smell?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

I swear I'm gonna staple his fingers to his swords, so he can't touch anything anymore.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog continues into the next room with the others, healing himself with a wand charge as he moves.

3d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 2, 8) + 5 = 20 CSW

"I don't like the smell of this room coming up. Brimstone and heat reminds me of a hellscape, and who knows what kind of tricks they'll have down here."


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

"These coinz look nothing zpecial, but thiz lookz interezting" say Nym as he poke at a necklace next to a skull with his sword.

necklace details:
A burnt copper necklace with three small globes remaining on it. Fireball necklace a 7d6, a 4d6, and a 3d6 fireball remains.


Evil GM

Desmond make a Will save. What were you going to do with the gem when you snatched it up?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Examine it. Appreciate it. Probably pawn it off for money to spend on alcohol and prostitutes.

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Evil GM

Desmond:
As you examine the stone, it appears to shift colors briefly, but then it does back to the bluish green. You thought briefly about holding it in your hand a bit longer but it's easy enough stowed away in your gear.

What is everyone going to do? Who is leading the way?


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym will go a head and scoop up the coins and necklace to add to community gear list


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12
Nym Omriwin wrote:

"These coinz look nothing zpecial, but thiz lookz interezting" say Nym as he poke at a necklace next to a skull with his sword.

** spoiler omitted **

Duncan, not immune to the greed that was innate to his kind notes the Drow fingering the fine necklace.

Fine bit of Jewellery, does it do anything?

He'd wait for an answer but his Brother of the cloth was keen to get moving.

He raise his shield and sheaths his sword to keep a hand free, commanding his Magical Sheath, Ye bestow yer blessings on me blade soon as I pull it in the next fight, last couple of things been Hellish so I want them to feel me sting

The enchanted sheath replies, Yes, well CLEARLY you need my help, that last fight, Good king Grungsdi did most of the killing while you were magically shielding up, are you going to insist on slowly poking things slowly to death in order to avoid being hit?

The dwarf would have gotten angry but he remembered the Fight with his son, Grim AND the times he had died from rushing in back in Cheliax.

Doesn't matter if I make the fist strike, long as I make the last.

The offers to walk just in front of the main group keeping the Cleric and Bard behind him.
Ye planning on going first sneak?

Duncan does keep to the left had side of the tunnel and uses his boots of spider climb to walk sideways along the wall about 7ft up, giving him a height advantage should a medium creature come down the tunnel, but also getting him away from any floor based traps or unexpected pit traps.
He does come down and cross to the other wall as required should the current wall turn from the path.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Duncan, not immune to the greed that was innate to his kind notes the Drow fingering the fine necklace.

Fine bit of Jewellery, does it do anything?

He'd wait for an answer but his Brother of the cloth was keen to get moving.

As they walk Nym examines the necklace a bit and replies "Iz believez it iz able to grant the wearerz the albilitiez to cast fireballz. Do youz have need of zuch an itemz? Ifz not I zhall give to Kar'nog to add to the rezt of the zuppliez."

Duncan Redhammer wrote:


He raise his shield and sheaths his sword to keep a hand free, commanding his Magical Sheath, Ye bestow yer blessings on me blade soon as I pull it in the next fight, last couple of things been Hellish so I want them to feel me sting

The enchanted sheath replies, Yes, well CLEARLY you need my help, that last fight, Good king Grungsdi did most of the killing while you were magically shielding up, are you going to insist on slowly poking things slowly to death in order to avoid being hit?

The dwarf would have gotten angry but he remembered the Fight with his son, Grim AND the times he had died from rushing in back in Cheliax.

Doesn't matter if I make the fist strike, long as I make the last.

The offers to walk just in front of the main group keeping the Cleric and Bard behind him.
Ye planning on going first sneak?

Duncan does keep to the left had side of the tunnel and uses his boots of spider climb to walk sideways along the wall about 7ft up, giving him a height advantage should a medium creature come down the tunnel, but also getting him away from any floor based traps or unexpected pit traps.
He does come down and cross to the other wall as required should the current wall turn from the path.

Nym watches the curious exchange the dwarf seems to be having with his scabbard

"Doocan why do youz arguez with yoor zcabbard?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"He talks to his gear cuz hes crazy as a loon, Nym! Or maybe the scabbard is, I can't tell just yet!"

Karnog claps Duncan on the shoulder with a wide grin, showing he was kidding.

"Perhaps Grungsdi or Duncan can hold onto the fireball necklace? If anyone is gonna get swarmed and need to clear a path, it'll be them."

He taps himself again with the wand as they go, then stows it.

"Keep using those potions, people. We should keep up our pace and press on. No telling what or who is gonna pop up next."

3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 5 = 13 CSW


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond jumps when addressed. "What?! Oh. Yeah of course!" Desmond takes his hands from out of his pockets and whisltes, heading down to scout the way.

Stealth: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (8) + 30 = 38
Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23 +7 vs traps


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas will join the other and takes her favorite spot in the middle of the group, proudly carrying the flag of the king.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM
Desmond Aeros wrote:

Desmond jumps when addressed. "What?! Oh. Yeah of course!" Desmond takes his hands from out of his pockets and whisltes, heading down to scout the way.

[Dice=Stealth]1d20+30
[Dice=Perception]1d20+20 +7 vs traps

Desmond you start down the hall and you feel a bit sluggish. The giddy-up seems to be gone from your step. In fact Grung's big ole chunky boots step on your heels, just as his forearm pushes into your lower back.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond reels, trying to stay on his feet. He whips around with a scowl. "Hey, what's the big idea?!" He says to Grung.


Evil GM

Desmond:
Your legs feel tired, a little achy, kind of like when you eat a bit too much food and feel bloated.

Is anyone saying thing or reacting to Duncan climbing the wall like a spider? Duncan you do catch a glimpse of what appears to be a large opening around the bend in the tunnel.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Well pick up the pace lad!


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12
baldwin the merciful wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Is anyone saying thing or reacting to Duncan climbing the wall like a spider? Duncan you do catch a glimpse of what appears to be a large opening around the bend in the tunnel.

FYI everyone. The Scabbard TALKS so everyone can hear what it says. Sentient items can generally "See" with normal vision to a range of 30ft. Also, Duncan would not have kept the Boots of Spider climb a secret during the time he has known you so it shouldn't be a surprise. He actually used them in the Fight where he met Grungsdi

Duncan is happy to accept the trinket from the Drow. Ha! A fine gift Long Ears. Be a nice surprise when the Armored Dwarf starts chucking fireballs about!


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:


FYI everyone. The Scabbard TALKS so everyone can hear what it says. Sentient items can generally "See" with normal vision to a range of 30ft. Also, Duncan would not have kept the Boots of Spider climb a secret during the time he has known you so it shouldn't be a surprise. He actually used them in the Fight where he met Grungsdi

Doesn't it demand food from you too?


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Well believe it or not moving quietly means moving slowly. How about you leave this to me and I'll leave the chopping and bleeding to you"? Desmond says with a smirk as he heads forward to scout.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Quiet? I would laugh but that kind of defeats the purpose, eh? It's not like these things dont know we're coming, right? Might as well proceed with caution, keep an eye out anyways."

Karnog looks at Desmond, curious the rogue doesnt quip like he usually would.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 sense motive (+2 if good hope is still running)


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

What kind of rogue isn't trained in bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Desmond stares at Karnog for a moment with that "Please don't find out I did something bad" look, then scampers down the hallway quickly.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog sighs and awaits the need to cure/uncurse/restore Desmond from whatever foolishness hes gotten himself into.

He doesnt say anything, yet, but keeps a close eye on the rogue.


Evil GM

Desmond you find that you are only moving at half your normal rate. Your legs feel heavy as if you are dragging a weight in your pocket. Everyone in the group who is even half paying attention to Desmond can observe he is moving slower.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Think there's some sort of slowing magic this way." Desmond remarks. He hates being slowed, keeps him from going all tornado mode on things.


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12
Desmond Aeros wrote:
"Think there's some sort of slowing magic this way." Desmond remarks. He hates being slowed, keeps him from going all tornado mode on things.

Duncan raises an eyebrow at the comment from the Rogue, Hold, Sneak, there's a widening up ahead. What's ya mean 'slowing' magic. An why ye moving like yer draggin the world behind ye?

Duncan is currently above the rogue along the left wall, one hand with his shield readied, the other Cesti covered hand was free, pointing ahead at the opening, the defending Bone, floating defencively in front of him.

Duncan uses a Move action to DETECT OPPOSED ALIGNMENT, his eyes taking on a clear hue as he looks for CHAOTIC EVIL auras eminating down the tunnel.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

perc Desmond: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
sense motive as to whether its intentional: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

what a waist of a 20


Evil GM

Desmond do notice that Duncan picked up his movement speed, he is a good 15 feet ahead of you already. The dwarf doesn't seem to be influenced by the "slowing" magic.

Duncan you are a good 15 feet ahead of the rogue. He seems to be lagging behind your pace.

Nym you don't think Desmond is fooling around but he is noticeably dragging his pace.


Evil GM

Duncan this entire dungeon is pinging CE. YOu may not recall that from earlier days, but many levels of this dungeon radiate CE or Evil auras. You don't detect any spikes in the intensity at this point.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Desmond, what is going on? You're moving like you've been glued in place. I dont think I've ever seen you plod along like that, even I am quicker than you, in my plate mail even."

Karnog looks at the rogue with a worried eye, checking for hidden injuries or illnesses.

"Kalim, Felicitas, perhaps hes been ensorcelled? Can you check for that? If it's a curse, I cant remove it until tomorrow at the earliest, unfortunately. "


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"Okay. So. I maaaaaay have grabbed something off the ground earlier. Oh don't give me that look Karnog, if I'm not here to curse test the loot than who else is gonna do it?"


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym shakes his head at hapless thief


Dwarf Warpriest 16 (Champion of Faith) Int+1, F17,R10, W18, + 2 v Spells/PoisonAC37/T17/FF35+4vs Last foe to hit , CMD+28+4vs Bull Rush/Trip, CMB+16 +6 for Trip HP154/154, Percep+18,Diplo+12,Intim+23, Religion+12
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

"Desmond, what is going on? You're moving like you've been glued in place. I dont think I've ever seen you plod along like that, even I am quicker than you, in my plate mail even."

Karnog looks at the rogue with a worried eye, checking for hidden injuries or illnesses.

"Kalim, Felicitas, perhaps hes been ensorcelled? Can you check for that? If it's a curse, I cant remove it until tomorrow at the earliest, unfortunately. "

Duncan pauses while the group starts to cluster around the rogue a little.Got bestow curse prepped meself. I should probably change that tomorrow


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim and Bhagavāna Kī Ulṭī both sigh HARD.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond reluctantly holds still to be examined, like a squirming child whose mother is wiping dirt off his cheek.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Okay, then, at least show Kalim whatever bauble you picked up. I assume the slow moving problem started immediately after you did so."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"...but I get to keep it right?"

After the chorus of stares and groans from the others he holds up his hands defensively. "Hey, I stole it fair and square!" He reluctantly takes out the gems and shows them to Kalim.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim's eyes glow a sickly green as he Detects Magic.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Did you just pick something up, or did you have sex with it?


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Either way I don't want to touch it."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

"No Grungsdi, these are things you trade for sex. Not that two-face over here would know anything about that." He gestures to Kalim.

15,101 to 15,150 of 16,207 << first < prev | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.