Iron Kingdoms: The Witchfire Trilogy: Collected Edition (OGL)


Product Discussion


Is there any word that this will be available again, or is it a lost cause?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Keegan wrote:
Is there any word that this will be available again, or is it a lost cause?

i loved this series =)

*hugs his original 3 modules*


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

I don't normally like to point people to other companies, but seeing as how it is shown as "unavailable," and how it is a really cool set of adventures, I feel compelled to point out that I recently acquired this...from somewhere else.

Try out your search-fu, and if that doesn't work, post again and I'll see if I can find a receipt or something with info on where I got it. It is hard to find, but well worth the search, IMO.

Spoiler:
I think my search terms were "Witchfire Trilogy Collected Edition"


Yeah, I tried ebay but someone grabbed it four seconds before the auction closed (of course). I emailed a few places that said they had it on their website when they, in fact, didn't and just hadn't updated in a while. I'm going to take one more look in some actual stores and then take a chance with some smaller online retailers.

Thanks!

Shadow Lodge

James Keegan wrote:

I'm going to take one more look in some actual stores and then take a chance with some smaller online retailers.

Before you do that, James, e-mail me. I just tried contacting you about your search, but the computer I'm using doesn't allow for contacting you.

I can probably get you the adventure.

- Rebis


Rebis Ouroboros wrote:
James Keegan wrote:

I'm going to take one more look in some actual stores and then take a chance with some smaller online retailers.

Before you do that, James, e-mail me. I just tried contacting you about your search, but the computer I'm using doesn't allow for contacting you.

I can probably get you the adventure.

- Rebis

does your source have enough to get me one too?

Grand Lodge

This has to be one of the very best adventures ever written! Before we ever played it I was just rivetted while reading it.

Liberty's Edge

Yeah, not to add any fuel to the "it's out of stock syndrome" but if you can get a copy it will be well worth it.

-DM Jeff


So what's it about? The description really doesn't tell me much...


This is an excellent adventure. In fact, any d20 product by Privateer Press is top-notch. Iron Kingdoms is a great setting.


Yeah, tell us what it's about!

Also: how yoinkable is it for non-Iron Kingdoms play?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

It's no longer in our distributor's database, so the hope of getting any is low.

Grand Lodge

Ummmm not sure how to describe the adventures without spoiling them to be honest. Other than to say the villian is AWESOME. PCs will never see it coming.

The adventure is very easy to translate to any setting. For the most part it is localized, so pick any town and you are good. They do have firearms, so you may have to alter that. But firearms do not play a major role.

Scarab Sages

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

i saw one at my local 1/2 price books...grr..should have picked it up...but maybe a check on amazon'll work..


Mactaka wrote:
i saw one at my local 1/2 price books...grr..should have picked it up...but maybe a check on amazon'll work..

Dang! One Amazon vendor has it listed for $182.00!! The other is about $75.00!

Guess I'll just have to be happy with the 3.0 versions.


Rebis Ouroboros wrote:
James Keegan wrote:

I'm going to take one more look in some actual stores and then take a chance with some smaller online retailers.

Before you do that, James, e-mail me. I just tried contacting you about your search, but the computer I'm using doesn't allow for contacting you.

I can probably get you the adventure.

- Rebis

Thanks for the offer; I don't see your email on your user profile, though. Mine is jamesmkeegan at gmail.com, if you want to try again or leave it with me.


If you Google it you'll find other vendors who are selling it, brand new, below the list price.


I took a look (not through all the results, so you may be right and I just lost my patience) but most of the vendors say they are out of stock/backorder. It's possible a European or Canadian retailer could have it, but I wanted to look a little closer to home first.

Scarab Sages

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

I bought one yesterday on Amazon.


Try here.


For more information of the Iron Kingdoms setting...

Go here.


Krome wrote:

Ummmm not sure how to describe the adventures without spoiling them to be honest. Other than to say the villian is AWESOME. PCs will never see it coming.

Except for on the cover. Hide that book behind your DM screen! The one flaw in a great set of modules. Worth getting as individuals if you can't get the compilation. I've had great fun running the Iron Kingdoms and can recommend the setting to everyone. Pity it looks like the setting is going to be unsupported as a RPG world.

Cheers
Mark

Liberty's Edge

When I worked at Privateer Press, they had pretty much decided to no longer support role-playing. The announcement of 4th Edition pretty much killed any chance that this adventure would ever be reprinted.


Thanks, everyone. I found a copy at the Compleat Strategist, so it is definitely out there.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

FYI, I did the 3.0 - 3.5 conversion for this book (i.e. only the crunch).

I ran the 3.0 version for my group a few years back. Lots of fun, fantastic setting, although a bit railroady.

I only wish they had waited to release it after the newer books came out and let me update it with all the new rules from the Character and World Guide and the Liber Mechanika. Ah well.


Branding Opportunity wrote:

FYI, I did the 3.0 - 3.5 conversion for this book (i.e. only the crunch).

I ran the 3.0 version for my group a few years back. Lots of fun, fantastic setting, although a bit railroady.

I only wish they had waited to release it after the newer books came out and let me update it with all the new rules from the Character and World Guide and the Liber Mechanika. Ah well.

I was about to ask if the collected version had updated it to include the proper mechanika rules (a friend of mine had the original three books and he said that most of the gear in it was normal DnD stuff apart from the guns).

I have heard that PP's working on a new Iron Kingdoms RPG, using their own system though. Might not be out til next year at the earliest, though. Who knows? They might re-work the Witchfire Trilogy to work with that and it'll have full mechanika in it. I don't see why they won't - Alexia's in Warmachine as a Mercenary unit. Although her background write-up in the Mercenaries faction book does spoil some of the major points of the Trilogy.

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Iron Kingdoms: The Witchfire Trilogy: Collected Edition (OGL) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.