GM Top's Dungeon Delver's

Game Master Pete H.

Current Scenario: The Godsmouth Heresy

Dwarf Info
Dwarf Maps


301 to 350 of 1,118 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Apparently the summoning trap wasn't that dangerous, as so far they have been obliterated at a solid pace.

Ander blasts one back to hell. Dran chops the second one in half so hard, his blade leaves a wicked mark on the floor. And even Bilos manages to whack the third softly with a newspaper.

Round 1: Whoops!
Buffs: NA
Bilos
Ander
Dran
Green
The Phantom
Kaztor

Red
The Magi
Halali
Grunigon

Blue (-1 HP)

Bold may act! K: Nature to ID. Can we get a 1 round flawless victory?!?

Liberty's Edge

Male Jealousy Phantom (Marshal) of Bilos 1 | HP 5/11 | Ecto: AC 14 T 12 FF 12 DR 5/slash | Incor: AC 15 T 15 FF 13 | CMB+2, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2| Init: +2 | Perc: +4 (darkvision 60 ft.) | Speed 30 ft. | Inspire 3/3 | Current State: Ectoplasmic | Active conditions: None

We are sure going to try. Draken will walk(!) over and smack the last creature with a phantasmal drumstick.

Mallets of the Wardrummer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 (Slam, but with history.)
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Lazy phantom always taking 10...


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Draken plays a merry tune with his mallets on the head of the fiendish vermin. And when he is done, only pieces of shell remain. And a few seconds later, those melt back into whatever devilish plane they came from.

Combat over!

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

Kaz double moves to engage with the black creature. ”im going to punch this gnome right in the snoot,” he yells.

If someone would be so kind as to move me up to it, please.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

"The boys set the trap off" Halali remarks to the Magi. "Ah, look. The Toragian. Toragite? How does it go, Kaz?"

"Oh. I did not know that Torag advocated violence against sedentary householders. Learn something new every day."

Moved you Kaz :)

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

”For ignoring us calling his attention and then him setting off some magical trap against us, I think Torag would understand just a punch or two!”

Liberty's Edge

Male N Dwarf Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 +4 vs Bullrush or Trip | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Active conditions: None

"If it's a concern I'll smack him. The creator hasn't ever given me any sign that he notices anything I do." He strolls up to the gnome and swings his mace trying to knock the book out of his hands.

to hit the book: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 = 11

"I don't know what you are talking about, Magi. This is the real Fimbrik, even if he is a master of ignoring everything around him." Bilos starts reading over his shoulder, which is something the dwarf cannot often do.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Grunigon prevents the paladin from striking an unarmed person by striking him first. His weapon passes clean through the book without facing any resistance, proving once and for all that it is one hundred percent an illusion.

Only the translucent outline of the gnome remains, though it continues reading.

Where too next?

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

”An illusion? Well at least that makes some sense. Wonder why he’d do such a thing though? Maybe he left a clue around for Society members smart enough to know where to look? I say we look around and check. And remember, no stealing from the gnome. We are just looking for Society stuff, not taking his personal things.”


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

With those orders given, it is time to loot search the place!

The bedroom (D3) is boring and mostly empty. There is a desk and a bed and some chairs. The desk does not produce any documents of interest. But the meeting room (D2) finally pays off.

Firstly, the room itself contains enough chairs, pillows, and desks to accommodate at least six visitors. A neatly penned letter is prominently visible on the table in the southwest corner (see maps slide page 2). Underneath the letter is a hastily scrawled note with the name 'Karina Clamp' on it. For those looking to steal things, there also appears to be two old potions sitting on the northwest windowsill. They could sell for a nice chunk of change, or even be useful.

The Concordance

Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

"Face it, Kaztor. This gnome hasn't been here for centuries. He's a contemporary of Selmius Foster. What's that make him? Four, maybe five hundred years old? He's either dead, or re-settled somewhere far away."

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

Or...he's a spirit that haunts his old house....ooowooowooo! Ander says, pretending to be scared. He laughs as he slings his rifle.

So... Karina Clamp...anyone have the faintest idea of who that might be? he asks as he looks about.

Hey...anyone seen an ashtray? Gotta stub this one out. I suppose I can wait til we're outside...

He grabs the two flasks.

Looks like good sipping whiskey to me...we'll save them for later...

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

”I don’t like the idea of taking his stuff. How long do gnomes live anyway? If he’s just on vacation and we pocket his potions, that’s bad of us. I’ll not be using those, and I’ll have to point out in my report about this,” Kaz warns.

Liberty's Edge

Male N Dwarf Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 +4 vs Bullrush or Trip | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Active conditions: None

Grunigon looks at the illusion for a clue. Was the text of the book readable? The title? Anything odd about the gnome himself, other than being a gnome? "How long will this thing last? Or could it be permanent?"


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

The illusion appears to be quite a powerful permanent presence. The book doesn’t seem to give any clues, as it is on the mating habits of hissing cockroaches.

It may help to reread the older notes for clues on how to proceed.

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

”Karina Clamp was a name given to us on some of the early clues. Seems like when we find her name, we need to use to word Wiffle. What a goofy gnome password,” Kaz mutters.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

[b]Don't "goofy" and "gnome" mean the same thing?]/b]

The Concordance

Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

"She's on the Wall of Names, back at the Grand Lodge" Halali answers Kaz as she stifles a giggle at Ander's 'spooky' antics.

"Looks like that's our next stop."


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Kaztor promises to report his allies to the society, but isn't going to turn them in to the guards at least.

Halali suggest checking the Wall of Names, and with nothing else better to do the dwarfpack heads there.

GM Screen:
4d10 ⇒ (6, 3, 6, 9) = 24

Inside the grounds of the Grand Lodge lies their destination. The monument is a curving wall of black glass that stands atop a small hill at the western edge of the lodge's grounds. Trees surround the hill, providing ample shade and privacy for those visiting the wall to remember fallen comrades. Carved into the wall are the name and date of death of every Pathfinder killed in the course of duty since the wall's construction, and most entries also include a sentence or two summarizing either the agent's greatest accomplishments or how they died.

It is a great honor to be on the wall, though a greater honor could be to survive to old age...

The three names mentioned in the letters are quickly located (See Maps Page 2).

You may make a Trained Knowledge History OR Local OR Religion check to recognize the significance of the underlined portion of the epitaph.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

kn. local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17one per name or total?

The names sound familiar...give me a few moments...it might come to me.. the gundwarf says as he finally puts his well used cigar in an ashtray and fishes out a fresh one. He sniffs it and gets out a match and lights it. A large cloud of bluish smoke heads upwards. he then puffs out a mouthful of smoke and racks his brain.

Gotta remember to grab some more before I forget...running low...


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

One Total is fine, got it!

Ander:
You stare hard at the names and words below them. Something is triggering a thought, if you could just realize what it was! You look over them, wracking your brain so long that half your cigar is gone before the lightbulb moment.

The underlined words trigger a memory of some boring shrine thing halfway across town. You think for a second and the name bubbles into your brain, The Shrine of the Failed. Something about these words matches something or somethings you remember reading or hearing a tour guide blabber on about at that place.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

By Gorum, I've got it! Ander says excitedly, so much so that the heater drops off his cigar.

Drat! anyways, we need to go to the Shrine of The Failed...we might find out more there! he spins as he fishes out another match and lights up his butt.

The Concordance

Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

"The Shrine of the Failed? Failed what? Well, anyway, lead on Shooter!"

Liberty's Edge

Male N Dwarf Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 +4 vs Bullrush or Trip | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Active conditions: None

Curious about the illusion Grunigon checks to see if the chair is real. If real he sits down on the illusion of the gnome to see if the book disappears.

When the others are getting ready to go he quits the 'fun' and follows. "I would say 'stupid gnome' and magic, but.... same-same!"


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Fortunately, the chair is indeed real and Grunigon doesn't risk falling on his booty. His large frame completely covers the gnome and book, which are both part of the figment. Both remain when he gets up to leave.

The wall of names was a quick visit and the pathdwarfinders head off to, hopefully, their final destination (dun dun dun?).

Arriving at the Shrine of the Failed, questions are answered. This apparently is the place dedicated to those who died attempting the test of the Starstone. The main entrance is locked up and no one is around, due to a idiotic heroic attempt at godhood going on at the nearby cathedral.

The dwarves can hear occasional cheers erupting as the attempter amps up the crowd.

Fortunately though, the side door is open which provides legal access to the basement area. And not surprisingly, the basement is empty sans a select number of shrines. Each of which suggests a type of gift to be left. Each shrine's nameplate also has has a nice feature, it slides to the side, revealing a chalkboard behind it that allows people to leave messages.

Shrines are to Mellag (rot), Oggo (sixteen poses), Plokkis (spoiled food and wastefulness), Silmor (blades), Spuchasta (hallucinatory incense and herbs), The Muted God (silence and serenity) and Yepyari (clouds and tornados).

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

”Would those chalkboards be the appropriate place to use the dumb ‘wiffle’ password the gnome mentioned?”

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

Don't rightly know...might be worth a shot... Ander says with a shrug. He grabs a piece of chalk and starts writing..

W-i-f-f...it is two F;s right? L-e...


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Map is up, place your characters wherever you wish.

Liberty's Edge

Male Warpriest 2| HP 21/21 | AC 18/20 T 11 FF 17/19 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +6, Note: +3 vs. poison, +5 vs. spells| Init: +1 | Perc: +3 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 Dwarven Warpriest of Gorum

Dran wanks in looking about.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Bilos looks around as well.

Which shrine is which?

The Concordance

Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |
Dran Stoneheart wrote:
Dran wanks in looking about.

If Paizo were a British company the profanity filter would have kicked in here ;)

"The Muted God... I'm sure I read about that one in a Pathfinder Chronicle. But we want the tornado one, that's what was written on the Wall of Names. There's our link."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari
Bilos Nizhnyy wrote:

Bilos looks around as well.

Which shrine is which?

That probably woulda helped, but didn't have time to add those notes when I put up the map. I will at least mark the tornado one Halali thinks will work with a red X.

Everyone looks at Dran. This doesn't seem to be the time for that, but maybe he is using it like a dowsing rod?

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

anything interesting over there? Another spectral gnome? Ander chuckles as he saunters over.

Liberty's Edge

Male Jealousy Phantom (Marshal) of Bilos 1 | HP 5/11 | Ecto: AC 14 T 12 FF 12 DR 5/slash | Incor: AC 15 T 15 FF 13 | CMB+2, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2| Init: +2 | Perc: +4 (darkvision 60 ft.) | Speed 30 ft. | Inspire 3/3 | Current State: Ectoplasmic | Active conditions: None

"Just a spectral dwarf, going through the walls to look for things instead of enjoying an afterlife in Torag's best pubs."


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Draken discovers some sort of tunnel.

If you write Wiffle on that shrine:
The wall to the west slides open, to reveal a nicely carved dark tunnel.

GM Screen:
1d4 ⇒ 3

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

Kaz laughed at seeing the revealed secret tunnel. ”This is a right fun adventure, now that we don’t have to deal with that miserable gnome anymore! Remember, we aren’t common thieves. Mind your manners down here.”. With that, he leads the group into the tunnel once they were ready to proceed.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Back into your body. Who knows what we will find here."

Bilos enters not-first.

Grand Lodge

Dwarven Vigilante 1 / Brawler 1 | AC 16 (T:13/ FF:13) | HP: 22/22 | Fort: +5 Ref: +7 Will: +3 | Perception: +7 | Initiative: +3 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Reroll: 1/1

Magi nods at Kaztor's reminder. This is supposed to be a holy place.

Liberty's Edge

Male Warpriest 2| HP 21/21 | AC 18/20 T 11 FF 17/19 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +6, Note: +3 vs. poison, +5 vs. spells| Init: +1 | Perc: +3 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 Dwarven Warpriest of Gorum
GM TOP wrote:
Bilos Nizhnyy wrote:

Bilos looks around as well.

Which shrine is which?

That probably woulda helped, but didn't have time to add those notes when I put up the map. I will at least mark the tornado one Halali thinks will work with a red X.

Everyone looks at Dran. This doesn't seem to be the time for that, but maybe he is using it like a dowsing rod?

lol

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

Huh...didn't see that coming... Ander says, a bit surprised at seeing the opening.

Well, daylight's wasting...not that matters to dwarves...since we can see in the dark and such...but you catch my drift... he says as he heads to the opening, rifle at the ready.

Never know...might be a big rat or some such critter...

Liberty's Edge

Male Warpriest 2| HP 21/21 | AC 18/20 T 11 FF 17/19 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +6, Note: +3 vs. poison, +5 vs. spells| Init: +1 | Perc: +3 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 Dwarven Warpriest of Gorum

Dran moves up to follow.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

The group moves up, carefully ready for anything.

Inside, they hear claws scraping across stone tiles, but can't see anything. It sounds like a very very big rat.

There is definitely something here. So make any prep you want. I moved everyone into the tunnel, but there is a big room ahead with rock pillars and such.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

cocked, locked and ready to rock...Leeeeroyyyyyyy,,,,mmmmJenkinssssss!

The Concordance

Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

"Anything moving inside here could have been waiting for centuries." Halali readies her three-section-staff.

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

Kaz will continue leading the group down the tunnel, holding his shield and hammer at the ready.

Grand Lodge

Dwarven Vigilante 1 / Brawler 1 | AC 16 (T:13/ FF:13) | HP: 22/22 | Fort: +5 Ref: +7 Will: +3 | Perception: +7 | Initiative: +3 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Reroll: 1/1

Magi follows behind Ander.

Liberty's Edge

Male Warpriest 2| HP 21/21 | AC 18/20 T 11 FF 17/19 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +6, Note: +3 vs. poison, +5 vs. spells| Init: +1 | Perc: +3 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 Dwarven Warpriest of Gorum

Before entering the bigger room Dran will cast Divine Favor.

Liberty's Edge

Male N Dwarf Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 +4 vs Bullrush or Trip | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Active conditions: None

Grunigon follows at the rear of the group. So many in the group makes his "combat training" mostly useless....

301 to 350 of 1,118 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seven Dwarves Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.