GM Top's Dungeon Delver's

Game Master Pete H.

Current Scenario: 3-21 The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment

Dwarf Info
Dwarf Maps


2,151 to 2,192 of 2,192 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 3 (Torag) | HP 34/34 | AC 19/10/19| F+8,R+3,W+7 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 15 (19 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp:

”I didn’t mean to offend or anything, just not used to food rating all like dirt and stuff.”

Sense motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

He does look closely at the Koradaites, though, wanting to see if they reveal anything in their gestures.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

An acolyte returns Kaztor’s stare, slowly taking a bite of melon one at a time and popping it into his mouth. Juice drips down his chin as he chews slowly, enjoying every bite.

The wisely wary dwarf does not feel these people are lying.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 3, HP 31, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+5. Perc +9, lowlight, Init +5

It's not a gourmet feast, but it could use a little flavour...a bit of salt here and there... Ander says with a shrug.

The Concordance

active effects:
mage armour
Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 2| hp 28/28 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+6; hardy, +2vs electricity | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

"So eating dirt is a test of faith, huh? Another reason dwarves need to fly."


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

Duang smiles sweetly, "Well, obviously you aren't here just to insult our food and don't seem interested in your souls being pure. So why'd you come?"

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +10 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +9 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/4 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"We are here to learn about Korada and her worshippers. Perhaps we will pick up some enlightenment along the way."

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 3, HP 31, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+5. Perc +9, lowlight, Init +5

What he said... Ander says as he grabs a handful of nuts and starts munching away. You guys mind if I take some for the road? Might not get a chance to top off later...

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 3 (Torag) | HP 34/34 | AC 19/10/19| F+8,R+3,W+7 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 15 (19 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp:

”Where do you meditate around this place? Fancy letting any of us try some meditation of our own?”


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

Di Duang smiles, "Of course you may try! The meditation room is not far. I can show you when I finish, or you may try to find it on your own. Walk out the way you came and head east down the hall, it is the first door."

If you excuse yourself early from the meal before everyone finishes:
An elderly monk advises, "If you wait until I finish my meal, I can show you the meditations we use." Ten minutes have passed since initial buffs were cast, no one stops you if ignore the old monk.

If you wait until everyone finishes:
An Elder monk stands and motions to the door, "I would be happy to show you the meditations we use." Thirty minutes have passed since initial buffs were cast.

_________________________________

The meditation room is a lofty, open space. The stone walls are carved with several figures in various meditative poses. A few large mats cover the stone floor. The only other furnishing is a rack containing a few wooden staves and several stacked glass spheres, each no bigger than a plum.

There are a set of exercises carved into wooden panels on one wall, gentle stretches and then sitting in a lotus position while spinning three glass spheres in the palm of one hand. At the end of the carvings is a written mantra.

Light combined,
My peace find;
Calm my soul,
To control;
Woes I sift,
Catching gifts.

If the Monk is with you:
He introduces himself as Zhuang, "If you would like to meditate, simply complete the exercises and mantra shown there." He sits and begins working through it, speaking the mantra slowly.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +10 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +9 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/4 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Bilos has no reason not to wait, but will not stay behind if the other dwarves follow.

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 3 (Torag) | HP 34/34 | AC 19/10/19| F+8,R+3,W+7 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 15 (19 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp:

”Take your time, Di Duang. Even though I didn’t really enjoy the food, I would never interrupt someone’s dinner,” Kaz laughs as he pats his own hefty belly. He will wait for the followers to finish their meal before heading out.

He follows Zhuang and watches him do the mediation before trying it himself.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 3, HP 31, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+5. Perc +9, lowlight, Init +5

No sense rushing..especially with a full belly... Ander says as he looks around. He grabs a piece of jerky from his pouch and starts chewing it. Beef jerky anyone? he offers to the monks.

When he gets to the meditation room, he looks at the mantra and furrows his brow.

Umm...I'm not proficient with ancient wisdom...but what does this mean?

Liberty's Edge

Male N Dwarf Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 3 | HP 23/27 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +3, CMD 15 +4 vs Bullrush or Trip | F: +4, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +7 | Speed 20 ft. | Active conditions: None

Grunigon sits waiting for the others. He pushes any of the disgusting food and drink away so he doesn't have to smell it.

When they reach the room and Zhuang offers the option of meditation he stays back, opting out quietly so as not to offend. He isn't against the people, but doesn't follow (or understand) their faith.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

The dwarfs seem comfortable waiting and watching. The monk acolyte replies to Ander's question, even if it wasn't directed at him, "It seems pretty simple to me. Peace is sought, a calm soul under control is the goal, one must sort through their woes and then spiritual gifts are given."

He begins the slow stretching and exercise routine, repeating the mantra slowly throughout. A good portion of time is dedicated to sitting and spinning the glass spheres in one hand. It takes about fifteen minutes to complete.

45 minutes have now passed since initial buffs. If you wish to attempt the meditation let me know what parts you do. A sleight of hand check (can be done untrained, it is simply a dex check) is required to spin the glass spheres.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 3, HP 31, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+5. Perc +9, lowlight, Init +5

When in Absolom... Ander says with a shrug and tries to spin the spheres.

dex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

The Concordance

active effects:
mage armour
Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 2| hp 28/28 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+6; hardy, +2vs electricity | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

"Meditation I can do" Halali frowns beneath her cowl. "But usually atop a mountain, or on the shore of the ocean." The novice storm monk sits and manipulates the spheres in her hand as she contemplates the mantra.

"Catching gifts... it's a strange kind of master - or god - who lets gifts fall. Meditation or no."

Halali spins the balls...

Dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

... not feeling the Koradan method, Halali asks the other monk "What gifts exactly? And why?"

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 3 (Torag) | HP 34/34 | AC 19/10/19| F+8,R+3,W+7 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 15 (19 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp:

Kaz says the mantra and tries to spin the balls.

Dex check 1d20 ⇒ 1

He fails spectacularly.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

Kaz did you do the stretching? Halali and Ander, did you do the stretching and the mantra? Anyone else going to do or try anything?

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +10 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +9 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/4 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Bilos tries the whole assortment of exercises.

Sleight of Hand (Untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 3 (Torag) | HP 34/34 | AC 19/10/19| F+8,R+3,W+7 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 15 (19 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp:
GM TOP wrote:
Kaz did you do the stretching? Halali and Ander, did you do the stretching and the mantra? Anyone else going to do or try anything?

Sorry I wasn’t clear, GM. Kaz wants to respect their traditions and try everything they were doing, including the stretch8ng.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 3, HP 31, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+5. Perc +9, lowlight, Init +5

yes...meant to say that...

Liberty's Edge

Male Warpriest 3| HP 28/28 | AC 20/ T 11 FF /19 | CMB +5 CMD 16/20 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Note: +3 vs. poison, +5 vs. spells| Init: +1 | Perc: +3 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 Dwarven Warpriest of Gorum

Dran is feeling more and more uncomfortable with all that is going on. He mumbles This is seemin a lot like worshiping a false god. It is not fer me.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +10 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +9 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/4 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Then you take notes while we play along," Bilos whispers as he tries not to add to his list of missions where he broke an important sphere.

The Concordance

active effects:
mage armour
Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 2| hp 28/28 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+6; hardy, +2vs electricity | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

Halali limbers up, mentally comparing the Koradan monk's technique with her own. But she draws a line at voicing the chant, instead keeping her own internal rhythm.

I am a leaf on the wind. I am a drop in the ocean.

I am a leaf on the wind. I am a drop in the ocean.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

Dran stands back grumbling about false gods. One would think he would just grumble about respecting a god different from his own instead, but hey... every god that isn't Gorum is probably false. Pathetic weaklings.

Grunigon just stays back, avoiding the whole situation.

Halali tries to get into the feel of the meditation, but just can't figure out those damn glass orbs! Why do they spin so smoothly? If there was just a tiny bit of resistance she could probably get them to rotate.

Bilos drops his orbs but just barely keeps them from hitting the floor as they fall into his lap.

Kaztor isn't as lucky. He drops them, them tries to grab one as they fall and bludgeons it across the room. It rolls, very loudly, until coming to rest against a far wall.

The monk gives a knowing smile, "It isn't easy, is it. Takes time and patience. I think that is what Korada is trying to teach us with this exercise. You can try again if you wish."

And then Ander looks up wide eyed at the group, his balls are spinning perfectly! He seems calm and serene, focusing on the task. A glow forms over him and his soul seems blessed.

Ander, you have the benefits of the Bless spell for one hour. Also, one hour since initial buffs were cast has past. Anyone going to try the rituals again?

The Concordance

active effects:
mage armour
Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 2| hp 28/28 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+5 R:+4 W:+6; hardy, +2vs electricity | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

"Either there was something odd in those dusty nuts, Shooter, or you're just very pleased to see me" Halali raises her one good eyebrow at the glowing rifledwarf.

Ready to move on. Halali requests another charge of her Mage Armour wand be applied.

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 3 (Torag) | HP 34/34 | AC 19/10/19| F+8,R+3,W+7 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 15 (19 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp:

As long as someone took notes of the rituals and all that good stuff, Kaz was also ready to move on. ”You mind showing us around the rest of the place? I bet you’ve got some neat tomes in your library! I’m too clumsy to do any more of those exercises. I’d hate to break those spheres,” he said, picking up the ones he dropped.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 3, HP 31, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+5. Perc +9, lowlight, Init +5

I'm always happy to see you..but his ritual sorta opened up my mind a bit...can't really explain it. I reckon there is something to this meditation thing... he says with a shrug.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +10 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +9 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/4 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Yes, let us see what else is here. Perhaps I will try for more enlightenment before dinner."


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

The monk shrugs, "We have nothing to hide so explore as you wish, though our leader and some of us like to have some privacy at times during the day, so please don't barge into a room without knocking. I will pray that you all feel the enlightenment of Korada like your friend there."

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 3 (Torag) | HP 34/34 | AC 19/10/19| F+8,R+3,W+7 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 15 (19 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp:

Kaz nods at the monk as he moves to the double doors in the room just to the north of their current position. Like he was ordered, Kaz raps as the door, not wanting to disturb anyone.

If someone would be so kind as to move me, please.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

A monk pokes his head out at the knock. He is holding a broom, "Ah hello, this is our chapel. We will be having a service here in about two hours if you would like to join. You are welcome to look from there, but I was just sweeping up so please don't track dirt in here."

He leaves the doors open. Unlike most of the temple, the chapel’s ceiling is 30 feet high. Tall windows look out into the riotous overgrowth of the garden. Several evenly spaced prayer mats cover the floor here. An elaborate stone font stands at one end of the chapel, although the font is empty. In the chapel’s farthest corner, a balcony 15 feet above the floor contains a podium.

The Concordance

familiar (sage) 2 | current AC 14 T 14 FF 12 | HP 14/14 | F +1 R +4 W +5 imp. evasion | CMD 8 | Init +2 | Perc +2 lowlight vision

"Grim's feathers are clean, monk's honour" Halali promises as her spirit guide flutters over her head and flaps about the chapel, peering down upon the font, then circling the balcony and looking out of the windows.

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 3 (Torag) | HP 34/34 | AC 19/10/19| F+8,R+3,W+7 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 15 (19 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp:

”Welp, this sure is nice, isn’t it everyone,” Kaz says as he moves into the room, closely looking at the font.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Would someone please move me up to the font? Thanks.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

The monk frowns at the bird, but holds his tongue. As Kaztor tromps on in he just throws his broom down in disgust and walks out, ”Fine, I’ll clean later.”

Grim and Kaztor find the font to be empty. Grim thinks they notice a small figure moving through the brush in the garden, but it is so overgrown it is hard to say.

Liberty's Edge

Male Warpriest 3| HP 28/28 | AC 20/ T 11 FF /19 | CMB +5 CMD 16/20 | F: +6, R: +4, W: +6, Note: +3 vs. poison, +5 vs. spells| Init: +1 | Perc: +3 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 Dwarven Warpriest of Gorum

Dran will enter after Kaz and have a look around as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 3, HP 31, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+5. Perc +9, lowlight, Init +5

Ander makes sure his boots are clean-ish and enters the room. He looks about, clearly wondering if there might be more to this spiritual stuff.

perc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24You lot think these folks really connectvwith their god?

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 3 (Torag) | HP 34/34 | AC 19/10/19| F+8,R+3,W+7 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 15 (19 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp:

Kaz shrugs his shoulders at the question. ”Ive seen several different god worshipped by our group even. So long as it brings you peace, I suppose it’s good enough.”

If there are no objections, Kaz will pass through the red curtain and move to the door of the room to the north. ”Knock knock,” he says before entering.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 3 | HP 27/27 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +10 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +9 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/4 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Bilos looks around, but notices little beyond the fountain.

"Pretty place, but I don't think there's anything for us here."


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

Dran and Ander discover evidence that the font is used regularly, but is still empty.

Kaztor sounds out a knock and the door opens. An Asimar (common enough knowledge check to know this) opens it up, "Ah, so we do have visitors. How can I help you? As long as it isn't a visit with the High Priest, I will do what I can."

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 3 (Torag) | HP 34/34 | AC 19/10/19| F+8,R+3,W+7 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 15 (19 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp:

”Hey, we are here doing some research on your place. They told us we could look around so long as we knocked and didn’t track too much dirt around this place. Would you mind us asking what this room is? And who is the high priest? I don’t think we’ve met them yet.”


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Quah | Trouble in Otari

The asimar calmly answers the dwarf's questions, "Our private quarters and the only access to High Priest Dakang's quarters. If the High Priest would like to speak with you, he will summon you. But it is unlikely, he does not see visitors. I would suggest you stay for our next service if you would like to see him."

2,151 to 2,192 of 2,192 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seven Dwarves Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.