GM Top's Dungeon Delver's

Game Master Pete H.

Current Scenario: The Godsmouth Heresy

Dwarf Info
Dwarf Maps


201 to 250 of 1,100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

Aye...that's a fair question... Ander says as he ponders the Pharasman's question.

to be brutally honest, I'd have to say I'd follow Gorum...but also I hold some of Torag's teachings to heart. It might sound weird, but it works for me. Two sides of a coin...I'm a warrior...but without the creation and work of the forge, I'd have no weapon...ah! It sounds crazy when i say it...


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Pulled back from the theological discussion she eyes the dwarf who wants to open the crypt, then releases a long breath, ”Ok. You may look. But you have to put everything back just like it was. And I’d say some prayers too, never hurts. The dead usually don’t mind but...”

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"You may not jump out of the tomb and scare her."

Liberty's Edge

Male Jealousy Phantom (Marshal) of Bilos 1 | HP 5/11 | Ecto: AC 14 T 12 FF 12 DR 5/slash | Incor: AC 15 T 15 FF 13 | CMB+2, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2| Init: +2 | Perc: +4 (darkvision 60 ft.) | Speed 30 ft. | Inspire 3/3 | Current State: Ectoplasmic | Active conditions: None

:(

Liberty's Edge

Male Warpriest 2| HP 21/21 | AC 18/20 T 11 FF 17/19 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +6, Note: +3 vs. poison, +5 vs. spells| Init: +1 | Perc: +3 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 Dwarven Warpriest of Gorum

Gorum be my patron and lord as well m'lady Dran adds. Ain't nothin like a battle ta encourage prayer says I.

Liberty's Edge

Male N Dwarf Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 +4 vs Bullrush or Trip | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Active conditions: None

Grunigon wanders by the group looking at the various markers, listening but not approaching. As they mention various deities he turns aside. He decides that adding Magdh to the list wouldn't help....


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

She eyes the dwarves wandering around her, "So will any of you actually open the crypt to look for this thing you have noticed?"

Grand Lodge

Dwarven Vigilante 1 / Brawler 1 | AC 16 (T:13/ FF:13) | HP: 22/22 | Fort: +5 Ref: +7 Will: +3 | Perception: +7 | Initiative: +3 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Reroll: 1/1

Magi considers the ethical implications of pilfering through the tomb. But, it IS for the greater good...right?

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

Step aside...I'll do it...Ander ssys with a puff on his somehow still lit cigar.

The Concordance

Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

Halali watches from the sidelines.

How many spirits haunt this place? In the middle of the City at the Centre of the World, surely they are at peace. Yet I have read of attacks by the restless dead, even here in Absalom.

Musing on the inhabitants of the graveyard, and having no desire to converse with a Pharasmin priestess, Halali does not yet venture forth.

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

Katz assists the others in lifting the lid and carefully slides it to the side, taking care to not crack or break any part of the stonework.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Kaztor and Ander muscle the lid up. And there it is, a single magical coin resting in the dwarf's rotting palm. It is definitely placed with the expectation someone someday might want to come get it.

For what purpose? Who knows!

Detect Magic (or Identify) plus a Spellcraft Check to ID the coin

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Bilos examines the coin magically.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

Yep...definitely a coin. Could likely buy a decent cigar with that... Ander says as he knocks the ashes from his cigar onto the pathway, careful to not drop them on a grave.

I might have the best manners, but I ain't disrespectful...well, not usually...and mostly unintentional...ha!


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Bilos just barely recalls something about this being a pathfinder's coin. When used in conjunction with a wayfinder, it will reveal a single message, if one is stored on it.

But does anyone have a wayfinder? That is the question.

Liberty's Edge

Male Warpriest 2| HP 21/21 | AC 18/20 T 11 FF 17/19 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +6, Note: +3 vs. poison, +5 vs. spells| Init: +1 | Perc: +3 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 Dwarven Warpriest of Gorum

Those of us who are freshly minted cannot possibly have a wayfinder unless we took a trait that grants one or the wealth to buy one. We cannot afford one, even if that was all we purchased and have no prestige to get one.

The Concordance

Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

Not a problem Dran. We have lots of friends with wayfinders, including the folks we met at the Wounded Wisp earlier. All we have to do is get the coin to them ;)


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Both of you are completely correct, unless The Magi has one already. If not, you all will need to get the coin out to use one of those NPC options. The scenario allows a Bluff (assuming everyone is okay with lying) or Diplomacy check to convince the priest to let you take the coin (with a promise to return it later). Or obviously sleight of hand to just yoink it straight up (assuming everyone is ok with theft). Other skills may apply, or may not! Or just leave it and maybe you won't need the info.

Grand Lodge

Dwarven Vigilante 1 / Brawler 1 | AC 16 (T:13/ FF:13) | HP: 22/22 | Fort: +5 Ref: +7 Will: +3 | Perception: +7 | Initiative: +3 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Reroll: 1/1

No Wayfinder here! Sounds like we need to enact 'Plan B'.

Liberty's Edge

Male Warpriest 2| HP 21/21 | AC 18/20 T 11 FF 17/19 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +6, Note: +3 vs. poison, +5 vs. spells| Init: +1 | Perc: +3 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 Dwarven Warpriest of Gorum

Dran does not want to lie and we as a party are not so good at Diplomacy. Not sure we are any better at Bluff.

Diplomacy, Assist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

M'lady, do ya see this coin. It's a way we Pathfinders pass messages 'tween each other. I believe there be a message here I do and we need ta borrow it fer a bit ta decode the message. he explains looking to his party to help with his less than perfect argument. I'd leave you my sword as part of my promise to return it later this very day. he adds.

Liberty's Edge

Male Jealousy Phantom (Marshal) of Bilos 1 | HP 5/11 | Ecto: AC 14 T 12 FF 12 DR 5/slash | Incor: AC 15 T 15 FF 13 | CMB+2, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2| Init: +2 | Perc: +4 (darkvision 60 ft.) | Speed 30 ft. | Inspire 3/3 | Current State: Ectoplasmic | Active conditions: None

Draken has +7 Bluff, but it may be too late and/or hard to convince her with the phantom.

The Concordance

Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

An Aid or two on Dran's diplo roll might be enough though.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

I'm trying not to make this complicated, so here is what I'll do. Everyone roll either a diplomacy OR a bluff, tack on RP if you wish. I'll compile all the diplo rolls together and all the bluff rolls together. If one side succeeds, you get to take the coin with you. So get your roll on!

Grand Lodge

Dwarven Vigilante 1 / Brawler 1 | AC 16 (T:13/ FF:13) | HP: 22/22 | Fort: +5 Ref: +7 Will: +3 | Perception: +7 | Initiative: +3 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Reroll: 1/1

The masked dwarf silently nods in support of their effort to use a Wayfinder.

Social (aid): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Male Jealousy Phantom (Marshal) of Bilos 1 | HP 5/11 | Ecto: AC 14 T 12 FF 12 DR 5/slash | Incor: AC 15 T 15 FF 13 | CMB+2, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +4, W: +2| Init: +2 | Perc: +4 (darkvision 60 ft.) | Speed 30 ft. | Inspire 3/3 | Current State: Ectoplasmic | Active conditions: None

"I recognize this one! His great-great-grandfather served with me in the war! I bet his last living heir would love to get a look at it..."

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

Hmm...this might sound like a weird request, ma'am...but hear me out. If we were to borrow the coin...for a short while, mind you...and returned it...would that be acceptable? There might be an important message on that coin...Bolis..explain it to her... he says between puffs.

diplo aid: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8trying to parlay my "charms" into a win...lol

The Concordance

Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

Halali ambles over, listening in on the conversation.

Pharasma - lady of fate. I wonder if Her worshippers are treated any differently when their skeins are cut?

"'Twas Fate that drew us here today. And who are we to argue with Fate?"

Aid Another: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0 Well, we're surly dwarves, aren't we :o

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Kaz did not intend on being dishonest. He’d tell the crypt keeper the truth and surely she’d believe him.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

The priestess mostly ignores the gruff dwarves and definitely ignores the spirit, but the paladin and warpriest sway her heart, ”Well, you do seem like honest folk. And haven’t tried anything sneaky at all. On your god’s honor then, return the coin here when your task has been completed and I will help you re-inter it. Besides, this seems like a last wish of the dead situation, honestly. So please complete your mission well.”

She allows you to take the coin. Where too next?

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Venture-Captain Dreng probably would not welcome another interruption. Surely we can find someone at the Grand Lodge to assist us."

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

Yer a good woman...we'll bring it back... Ander promises.

Maybe we can head back to the tavern...more likely than not an agent or three there...and a pint or two for refreshments...what? we earned it... he chuckles

The Concordance

Female Dwarf UnMonk 1 / Unsworn 1| hp 20/20 | AC 17 T 16 FF 14 (+2 dodge vs flyers) | F:+4 R:+4 W:+5; hardy | CMD 20 | Init +2 | Perc +8 (+2 vs flyers), darkvision |

"I'm with you, Shooter" Halali grins. "My round. Didn't the barkeep say we had free drinks?" she winks.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

The group checks their map and the wounded wisp is definitely closer than the grand lodge, so they head there first. Gravedigging is thirsty work.

Halali is disappointed to find out that the bartender who promised free drinks is off shift and has left. The current tapmaster requires payment. Such a short memory these places have!

But there are at least two possible options to help with the coin. Janira and Aram bin Kaleel both have wayfinders visible.

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

Kaz points at the halfling. ”Didnt I see one of you making small talk with her earlier? I forget which one, because apparently we all resemble each other,” Kaz says with a laugh.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

Free drinks are the best drinks! Ander says with a grin as the group heads back to the Wisp. He grumbles slightly when they find out they actually have to pay for their drinks now.

Gonna leave a nasty review about this place.... he mumbles as he gets an order of ale for himself and Halali. He pockets a few extra snacks from the top of the bar. "Free drinks!"...my fat behind...


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Janira waves the group over excitedly, "OH MY GOSH YOU ALL ARE BACK! Did you finish your task? Was it fun? Did you research some really cool artifact or dig into the library to find something obscure? Did you go into the sewers and fight a monster? Tell me tell me tell me!"

Liberty's Edge

Male N Dwarf Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 14 T 12 FF 12 | CMB +2, CMD 14 +4 vs Bullrush or Trip | F: +3, R: +5, W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +6 | Speed 20 ft. | Active conditions: None

Grunigon smiles at Janira's enthusiasm as he approaches. "Are you a bard, seeking new material for song? Well yes, we're back. But no, we're barely begun with our task. And we haven't researched anything, yet. But we're back needing to see someone with a Wayfinder. You wouldn't happen to have one would you?" His grin at the question clearly indicates that he isn't serious about the question.

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

”We couldn’t help but notice that you had a nice looking wayfinder. That might lead us to our next clue, if you’d be so kind as to let us borrow it for a moment….”


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

She slides it across the table. Her smile is very big. The table bounces as her leg twitches with excitement to see what you all will do.

Liberty's Edge

Male Warpriest 2| HP 21/21 | AC 18/20 T 11 FF 17/19 | CMB +4 CMD 14 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +6, Note: +3 vs. poison, +5 vs. spells| Init: +1 | Perc: +3 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 Dwarven Warpriest of Gorum

They be an excitable race, be they not? Dran comments.

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

Kaz takes the coin and the wayfinder and tries to place the former in the latter. ”Uh, allakazaam,” he says, trying to activate the thing.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

The Toragian warrior, without any fear, looks for a slot in the wayfinder for the coin. As he does, the coin flips out of his hand and begins magically hovering over the top of the pathfinder device.

It starts spitting out its message, hopefully someone has paper and pen ready. The voice of a long-dead dwarf is heard once more.

The path and chamber are complete, hidden behind the nameplate of the requested aspirant and guarded by the word you requested. Fimbrik will add more.

Grand Lodge

Dwarven Vigilante 1 / Brawler 1 | AC 16 (T:13/ FF:13) | HP: 22/22 | Fort: +5 Ref: +7 Will: +3 | Perception: +7 | Initiative: +3 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Reroll: 1/1

Eye-brows furrow in confusion behind his mask. Who or what is a Fimbrik?

Any rolls for some insight?

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

Kaz cackles at his teammate. ”You didn’t read that note close enough! That is the name of the random gnome that we haven’t spoken with yet! What a tangled web we’re seeing! This is great fun!”

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Spiritualist (Priest of the Fallen) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 17 T 13 FF 14 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +3, W: +7 (+1 v. spells, SLAs, poison)| Init: +5 | Perc: +9 (darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +8 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells 1st 3/3 | Reroll 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Well, we won't get anything more out of this," Bilos says, pointing to the coin. "Let's bring it back to the crypt and then visit this Fimbrik."


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

Janira claps in glee, "OH MY! An ancient message leading to an ancient puzzle. What fun! Hurry hurry, but please come back and let me know what you find after you finish up. I'm so excited to hear if anything is uncovered!"

The group drops the coin off with the priestess and hurries to Fimbrik's address.

A brick step leads to Fimbrik’s front entrance, the front door locked, though the lock is a bit rusty. Numerous stacks of newspapers are piled around the door and crammed into a thin slot at its base. Each rounded corner of the building has a large window, allowing vision inside without difficulty (if you don't go in the front first). The windows also look easily breakable, like most windows are.

Map is up!

Silver Crusade

Male Paladin 2 (Torag) | HP 24/24 | AC 16/10/16 | F+7,R+1,W+6 (+2 to poison, spell, SLA | Init+0, Perc+1(+3 v stonework) | Speed 20 | Darkvision 60’ | CMD 14 (18 v trip and bullrush if on the ground) | Temp: CLW potion, Holy Water

Katz steps forward and knocks on the door. ”Weve got business with Fembrik the gnome!”


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Troubles in Otari

There is no response.

Grand Lodge

dwarf gunslinger(musketeer) 2, HP 22, AC/T/FF 18/14/14, F/R/W +6/+6/+4. Perc +8, lowlight, Init +5

I'm no trained investigator....but if there's a pile of stuff here...maybe he ain't home? Just a thought. But don't let me stop you from banging on the door again. the rifledwarf says as he fishes out a handful of the snacks he pilfered from the bar.

Anybody want some? he asks the others as he holds his pocket open.

Grand Lodge

Dwarven Vigilante 1 / Brawler 1 | AC 16 (T:13/ FF:13) | HP: 22/22 | Fort: +5 Ref: +7 Will: +3 | Perception: +7 | Initiative: +3 | Spells 1st: 2/2 | Reroll: 1/1

The Magi takes a knee at the knob, gives is a perfunctory jiggle to check, then gets to work on the lock.

Key to the Kingdom?:
If Magi can Take 10, the result is a 19. If he has to roll...
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

201 to 250 of 1,100 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Seven Dwarves Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.