Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1,251 to 1,300 of 14,076 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Darius pushes the door open and Bri pushes in to tke the lead with her vision, so Darius can use his reach weapon.

Updated Map


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Did Astrianna witness Adriel get swallowed by the floor, or was she already moving down the stairs?

Nope. You were already at the end of the steps. You would hear the yell and a thump


Evil GM

Adriel:

Do you have any light source? It is pitch black in the room you are in. You can feel the legs of a table that you nearly landed on in your fall.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel rues his luck, and is thankful Thasher remained with him.
Steady Friend.

He rues that he didn't prepare LIGHT today.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Are our light sources (my glaive and Hawkins' armor) not active? Just checking as you keep mentioning it is pitch black.


Evil GM
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:

Adriel rues his luck, and is thankful Thasher remained with him.

Steady Friend.

He rues that he didn't prepare LIGHT today.

Hahahaha...I am laughing so hard.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Baldwin:
Did Sath find any way out of the Brig cell?


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel grumbles and starts to fish around in his Backpack for his Flint and steel. He could use a few sparks to illuminate the room a bit and get a glimpse of the way out or light a candle or torch if there is one. He continues to hold the charge on his touch spell. Something was going to get a nasty surprise when he finally hit something.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Deleted my post reacting to him.

Astrianna's brows furrow as she hears something from the bridge. "Stop screwing around Adriel! Get down here!" Ugh. I'm tired of his shenanigans. He can stay above deck for all I care.

If Henk is not upright before she get to the bottom of the stairs, she lends him a hand.


Evil GM

Sath:
You know it's the Brig. I thought I'd break it up a bit more conversational like.

"Aye...crazzzy stuff h'ppenin' on this vessel. Crew gone plain ole crazy mary on me. Stripped me down 2-3 days ago and tossed me in this 'ere brig." feel free to talk to him.


Evil GM
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
Adriel grumbles and starts to fish around in his Backpack for his Flint and steel. He could use a few sparks to illuminate the room a bit and get a glimpse of the way out or light a candle or torch if there is one. He continues to hold the charge on his touch spell. Something was going to get a nasty surprise when he finally hit something.

Adriel:

You see you are in some sort of chart room, there are several wall cabinets. But you are certain somebody in the party is responsible for
tearing up the charts that lay on the table while they weren’t being watched. You wonder if more charts are in the cabinets. i don't want to show the room yet or else everyone else will see you.

Thrasher:

"I bet it was that Darius fellow, he hates you...he shouldn't be a team leader...simple coward. Don't you think so?"


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

henk pulls himself up and glances as the normal looking step, "Must've slipped." he grumbles. "Where's th'elf"


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Baldwin:
Do I see a way out? Or a candle for ongoing light source? Also Thrasher and I can't properly speak to each other till level 5. Messages are empathetic only. Either you made an error of he is speaking when he shouldn't and possibly possessed/controlled?


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Deleted my post reacting to him.

Astrianna's brows furrow as she hears something from the bridge. "Stop screwing around Adriel! Get down here!" Ugh. I'm tired of his shenanigans. He can stay above deck for all I care.

If Henk is not upright before she get to the bottom of the stairs, she lends him a hand.

Thanks but I already worked the story around what was happening.


Evil GM

Team Darius make perception check. (not sath)

dirk:
you are at -5 since your mind is on something else...your cat.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna shakes her head, looking up the stairs. "I don't know, I heard some kind of yelp and a thump on the bridge. ADRIEL!" She yells up the stairs, quite irritated.


Evil GM

Adriel:
Yes there is a door right behind you. I thought Thrasher has language...if not, he begin to speak to you in common. Oh ...he is possessed.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Baldwin:
"Thrice-damned pirates!" Sath thinks to herself. "Your people went crazy on you, you say? Have you seen them since?"


Evil GM

RD 4: Update

Team one:

Henk - moves down stairs and falls. Gets up

Astri - moves down stairs casting dancing lights

Adriel - falls through floor, lights candle

What are you doing?

-----------
Team Two

Darius opens door follows bri
Sath - under spoilers
Bri - advances in (still has std action)
Sawbones


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Evil GM

Sath:

"They were killin' each other man! I'm glad they'd throw'd me in here. If it wern't fer me and me lucky necklace I'd be dead fer sure. Damn ship be possesed...i tell you. The skeleton thingy cut me first mates head right off in front of that damn mast!"


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Baldwin:
"Lucky necklace? May I see it Thalios?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Baldwin:
Will save, add 2vs enchant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Adriel uses the candle to find a Wall sconce or a torch he can take with him. He needs a hand free to open the door so he sheathes his sword and opens the door (not that it mattered weapon wise, he was wearing 2 cesti on his hands) to let some proper light in.

The elf knows Thrasher shouldn't be able to talk, ESPECIALLY not in common, but the place was clearly magic or haunted and Thrasher was not hostile so he played along, but he knew something was up.

Of COURSE he is a coward. That's why he uses a reach weapon. Afraid to close with an enemy. Now, how do we get out of here? We need to take a few charts and get back to the captain. Darius will betray the captain if his fear gets the better of him


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David observes his companions, noting specifically that Embrianna insisted on moving before the others and that Darius had refused his advice.

"They want the healer on point and the warrior hiding behind her? Eh - whatever," he says with a shrug.

Observing that his companions are literally doing the exact opposite of anything that he suggests he realizes that there is no real reason to advance as his services aren't required.

"The real problem is that they're so busy trying to show off that they don't even listen to anyone... If only I had at least one thing in my life that gave a damn what I did or said... just like Mister Alabaster used to do," he says with a sigh.

GM:

David won't make a Perception Check at this time. There's no need - he's thinking of "his cat".


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Evil GM

Sath:
[b]"Oh..no, tis me necklace ye ain't taking it fer me you thief."[/] He gets defensive.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"What are you doing, Embrianna? Get back behind me! You'll be safer there," Darius says.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

Dirk:
I was thinking that to but I didn't want to edit the post.

You do think you need to get to your cabin and it's up the hall past where those fools are and to the right up where those stairs that lead into the hold are locoated. Of course, as the Capt of this ship you know where your cabin is in the front of the ship. Dammit you're Captain Mortimer Cray and you aren't going to take it any more.

You never quite trusted them anyway since the beached ship after the storm for the repairs.

You are temporarily imprinted with Cray’s personality which gains 6 ranks
in the Profession (sailor) skill and the Alertness feat.


Evil GM

Bri and Darius you hear the rats coming down the hall that Bri is about to turn down.


Evil GM

The fog is only seeping through the edges of the the closed hatch where David closed it. The fog is flowing freely through the opening where Astri and Henk are located.

RD 5:

Team one:

Henk -
Astri -
Adriel -

What are you doing?

-----------
Team Two

Darius
Sath -
Bri -
Sawbones

There is a swarm of rats coming from the small hall that Bri is looking down. They go last in the round.

RD 5 Map


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Hearing the multitude of claws running down the hall, Darius yells at Embrianna, "Get back out here, now!"

Once she is back in the hall, Darius will slam the door shut between them and the rats.

If possible, is be willing to grab her and pull her through, if I can still close the door as well.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Baldwin:
Realizing that at least part of the cell that she is in appears to be alive, Sath decides its time to get herself out, by using her Produce Flame spell to burn/cut her way out...

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Flame Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Evil GM

sath:
There is a lot of squeaking and clawing outside the door to the brig. The wood to the door begins to char.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"The rats are between us and Sath, so they need to die."

Bri isn't going back into the hall, instead she casts Burning Hands at the swarm of rats.

damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4, 6) = 18


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

I opened a door last round. What do I see?


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

RD 5: Team Henk

The big man moves forward to look around the area. He can see the mast post firmly in place. "Damn elf...up an ran on us Astri. Several more door and looks like a hallway down here. Lots of doors." He sighs clearing feeling the daunting task.

Update RD 5 Map


Evil GM
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
I opened a door last round. What do I see?

you fell through last round, then got your flint steal and lit a candle. You can open the door in RD 5


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
"What are you doing, Embrianna? Get back behind me! You'll be safer there," Darius says.

David merely smirks as he watches Darius.

"Ha! Hardly..." he mutters as he hears Darius inform Embrianna that she'll be safer if he takes the lead.

David stands a bit straighter then and carefully sheathes his weapons and takes a moment to smooth back his hair. Then he pulls his shirt down with both hands in a tight snap, smoothing out the creases in his uniform. He flicks a speck of lint from his epaulet of his frock coat with disdain as his eyes take in the general condition of his ship with glittering intensity.

He glances at the deck and notices the damp beams colored slightly by mold and decay.

He runs a finger across the mold delicately, then removes a handkerchief from his pocket and wipes the filth from his finger with disgust.

"Bloody hell!"" he says with a scowl.

"Steward? Steward?! Where the hell is my gods damned steward?"" he suddenly bellows, presumably looking around for Darius.

As he glances up toward Embrianna and his eyes narrow.

"This ship is in as piss-poor condition as ever I saw! I want every man-jack of you turned out of his ever-loving bunk this instant and do something to clean this infernal blight from my bloody-ass ship at once!"

"Not 'soon' - not 'in a moment' - I want it done now by gods, or I'll have you lashed to the rigging and instruct the bosun to give your sorry selves a smart two dozen for your bleeding insolence," he says with a tight voice.

"I am going to my cabin until the end of the watch; if you don't have proper progress made by Eight Bells I swear by every god living, dead and yet to be that I'll show you fools what for!" he adds, punctuating his statement by pounding his fist into his open palm.

Dabbing his upper lip with the handkerchief, he then flicks another speck of dust off the breast pocket of his frock coat he straightens his shoulders and clasps his hands behind his back and strides with a purpose to his quarters.


Evil GM

Bri fries the rats and the few remaining ones scurry away.

sath:
There is flash in the wood cracks then two small rats scurry through a small hole into the cell.


Evil GM

RD 5: Update

Team one:

Henk - moves down the hall
Astri -
Adriel - stand up and opens the door. You still have a std action

-----------
Team Two

Darius -
Sath -
Bri - burning hands on rats
Sawbones - makes his speech and walks off.

David did you ever light your armor? if not you will need light when your turn and head down the stairs into the hold.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Holding My standard till I look out the door. What do I see.


Evil GM

Bri make a reflex save and an acro skill check.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Seeing her unleash a gout of flame down the hall, Darius looks on, impressed.

"Good job," he says as he moves past her and down the hall. He checks the first door he comes to for any signs of Sath, or anyone/anything else that could be present.

As he does so, he says to Embrianna, "Pretty sure Hawk has lost his mind."


Evil GM

Adriel:
You see the mast and hear Henk saying, "Damn elf...up an ran on us Astri. Several more door and looks like a hallway down here. Lots of doors."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 48/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Ha! Beautiful, Dirk.

Team 1, Round 5

The bard nods at Henk, clearly disgusted by Adriel's actions. "We don't need him, you and I can handle this. When the Captain hears how he abandoned us, though... heh." A sadistic grin spreads across her face.

She follows the quartermaster down the hallway, looking at the doors they pass. As she walks the cooly glowing balls of light follow her, two separating from the quad to hover above Henk. "We just going to start opening these once the hallway is secure?"

]Move action:Follow Henk.


Evil GM

Darius the first room you come to on your left on the back side of Bri is a small room. It is filled to the brim with barrels. the room is relatively dry and there is sealed box on one of the barrels.

Updated RD 5 Map


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath throws her flame at one of the rats as it scurries through the door.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Confirm Critical: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
David did you ever light your armor? if not you will need light when your turn and head down the stairs into the hold.

Armor's lit - but I wouldn't need the light - unless things have changed, my cabin should still be in the same place that it's always been, no matter how dark it is... :p


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
acro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

1,251 to 1,300 of 14,076 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.