Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1,201 to 1,250 of 14,076 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Sath you lose your footing but land with one knee on the deck. The deck is rolling under your body, there is a sudden feeling of emptiness as the decking separates and you fall through. The deck closes.

Make an acro check to take fall damage. dam: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Bri and Darius look over to see Sath jabbing at the deck, jumping on the the iron item, landing with a knee down on the decking before falling through to the floor below. Darius it looks like the deck swallowed Sath whole.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"The ship...did...what's going on!?!?"

Did I see anything of interest in the lower right corner? If not...I do the following:

Turning to Darius and Bri and calls out, "Next level down, now!"

I assume I can't move again until next round, but will be moving down the stairs.


Evil GM

Darius beofre you moved you could see down into the hold you caught the stench of rotting produce, meats and could hear the buzzing of flies. You never made it around the ship when you saw what happened to Sath.

Updated Map without Sath


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

So I still have a move action?


Evil GM
Darius Rotarion wrote:
So I still have a move action?

You still have your standard action that you can take as a double move.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath attempts to roll with the impact of her fall as she senses the deck closing up above her...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Sath!"

She just got swallowed up by the deck!?

Bri moves towards the stairs.

"Sath, we're coming! Can you hear us?!"


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

I'll use my Double Move to lead the way down the stairs.


Evil GM

Sath you fall into a dark room with a loud thud but your fortunately broke your fall and...

Sath only:

There is loud thud and cry. "Me Gud what has Besmara cursed me wit now. Who be havin' dier knee in me gut." Keep this under a spoiler. There is no light to speak off but you can tell that you are in a tiny room. You took no fall damage.

You don't hear your comrades above.


Evil GM

Bri you are closer to the stairs are you double moving to get ahead of Darius or are you slowing up to follow him? Bri there is no response to your question to Sath.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

On no. Bri is more than willing to slow down and use Darius as a meat shield. She isn't the type to prove anything by rushing in there first.


Evil GM

Darius I need a reflex check and you may as well roll an acro check in case you fail the reflex.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David sees that Sath is swallowed up by the wooden deck.

"Sath!" he cries out, and mutters something about incompetent leadership being the chief cause of all these troubles.

He glances at Embrianna -

"Come on!" he calls out to her, then dashes off after Sath.

If Darius is able to go down the stairs before David - I.E. - he's not swallowed up, David will follow Darius downstairs.

If David is swallowed up, David will take a Standard Action to cast "Light" on his armor, then his move action to move down the stairs at -A:12.

Once he gets down - what will he see?


Evil GM

As Darius scrambles down the stairs, he swears the step shortened up on him but his quick reactions keep him from falling. He moves into the a narrow dim hall. It is lit only by the fading daylight from above.

Bri is close behind the Darius but she does not face or notice anything usual about the step, although she sees Darius catch himself as he is moving.

Following close behind Bri, David moves. He doesn't experience anything funny with steps, but he notices Darius double step catching himself. Dirk you your std action remaining are you using your light spell? Everyone going down the stairs is 10 movement.

There are two doors on the left hand side of the wall and stairwell onthe right hand side (I'm using the way you are facing for orientation)

Updated Map


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Also, Darius' glaive sheds light as if it had the light spell cast on it.

Magic Weapon Rules wrote:
Light Generation: Fully 30% of magic weapons shed light equivalent to a light spell. These glowing weapons are quite obviously magical. Such a weapon can't be concealed when drawn, nor can its light be shut off. Some of the specific weapons detailed below always or never glow, as defined in their descriptions.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

GM - my plan was to use the Light Spell if it was dark below, because I thought it would be. However, Darius does have a glowing weapon, that's why I wanted to see what happens with him.

However, as Darius has not fallen down, I'll head down the stairs where you put me. Since the deck trap is obviously magical as decks typically don't munch on people, I suppose I'll cast "Detect Magic" once I get to the bottom of the stairs and am (unfortunately) at the back as my Standard Action.

David reaches the bottom of the stairs and thinks a moment.

"Oye - hold up there, chief," he says to Darius.

"The bloody deck is obviously magical - stay put until I can get a read on the poxing hallway. Then watch your step - there may be more traps down here!" he says.

He looks at Darius.

"Why don't we have the guy who's best at avoiding crap first; cause that's the same guy who can try to discover and disarm traps: me."

"Then we put you after me - you got a glowing weapon, but it does have reach... So if someone is attacking me you can reach past me with your glaive and nail the basterd!"

He looks at Embrianna.

"Miss Embrianna maybe you can bring up the rear and help either of us with healing magic if we get hit? Also, I don't want to put our best healer at this point in the front lines, if we can help it," he says.

"Sound like a plan?" he asks the group.

David will then formally use his Standard Action to cast "Detect Magic. He glances all around, searching for magical auras - not just from the deck, but also the stairs and passage itself... If he finds any, he'll let his mates know, then attempt to figure out what the hell the spell is...

After his round is done and any aura's detected/identified he'll then try to reorient the party before moving forward to have himself first to check for traps - Darius right behind with the Reach Weapon and Embrianna last; as she's the healer who we don't want to get hurt.

This assumes everyone agrees, but it's what David will suggest.


Evil GM

David casts a spell to learn if there are any magic going on but to his amazement there is none to eye. You see items on your companions glow including the glaive.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
David casts a spell to learn if there are any magic going on but to his amazement there is none to eye. You see items on your companions glow including the glaive.

His eyes narrow.

What's the deal with a Disbelieve Illusion here? What do I have to do to disbelieve?


Evil GM

The sea fog finally arrives and engulfs the ship in the misty haze. This obscures your vision and darkvision. (See my previous note regarding fog)

RD 4:

Team one:

Henk

Astri -

Adriel

What are you doing?

-----------
Team Two

Darius
Sath
Bri
Sawbones


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Elf git up 'ere we got stairs and we are movin' down." Henk then proceeds to move down the stairs. There is a loud thud as the man falls down the steps.

dam: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Via fog - does it manage to descend down the stairs? I mean, if it's magical fog, I can understand that - but I don't think mundane fog would have done that. That will effect how David sees the entire fog thing in general...


Evil GM
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
David casts a spell to learn if there are any magic going on but to his amazement there is none to eye. You see items on your companions glow including the glaive.

His eyes narrow.

What's the deal with a Disbelieve Illusion here? What do I have to do to disbelieve?

You need to study it or interact with it to get a saving throw.


Evil GM
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:
Via fog - does it manage to descend down the stairs? I mean, if it's magical fog, I can understand that - but I don't think mundane fog would have done that. That will effect how David sees the entire fog thing in general...

At the beginning of the 4th round the fog arrives. Don't over think the fantasy world, real world knowledge doesn't necessarily apply.

From where you are standing at the beginning of the fourth round, the fog has arrives and is, in fact, descending down the open hatch.

I did forget to mention there is a hatch that can be closed on each of the stair wells to keep water out.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Baldwin the Merciless Merciful:
As Sath gathers her wits, she draws upon the natural spirits of fire to produce a flame in the hand not gripping her spear and uses it to look about her, specifically at the source of the voice she heard.

On her next action, Sath casts Produce Flame but holds it in her palm- for now


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
I did forget to mention there is a hatch that can be closed on each of the stair wells to keep water out.

But can it keep fog out?

If so, I'll close the hatch before the fog tries to move into the stairs.


Evil GM
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
I did forget to mention there is a hatch that can be closed on each of the stair wells to keep water out.

But can it keep fog out?

If so, I'll close the hatch before the fog tries to move into the stairs.

You don't know until you do it.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
I did forget to mention there is a hatch that can be closed on each of the stair wells to keep water out.

But can it keep fog out?

If so, I'll close the hatch before the fog tries to move into the stairs.

You don't know until you do it.

If that hatch magically seals behind me, I will come to your house and destroy you! Or at least plan to do something equally melodramatic!

David sees the fog moving in and pauses to close the hatch.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 11| Sp: 58/88 | Hp 68/68 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 23 , KAC: 24 | Fort +8, Ref +12, Will +9 (+11 vs enchantment) | Init: +4 | Percep: +17, 12 Metron darkvision | Conditions:

Team 1 Round 4

Astrianna calls out of the cabin room "Adriel! We're going downstairs, move it!" She begins to move to follow Henk, ignoring the shouting from the aft- it's probably the others yelling at Dirk for casting detect magic on every plank of the deck. What is Adriel doing with those ballista? Probably putzing around like the rest of these soddering idiots. At least Henk-

She cringes as the man tumbles down the stairs. Standing at the top of the steps, she uses her free hand to perform some arcane gestures, sending four balls of light down the stairs. They re-arrange themselves to spread out and light the entirety of the stairs that she can see, top to bottom.

"You all right Henk?" The bard calls down, looking the stairs over for holes or the like before she follows him down.

Standard Action:Cast Dancing Lights to illuminate the stairwell.

Move Action:Follow Henk down the stairs


Evil GM

Sath Only:

That was funny with the strike through. When you produce flame you see you are infact in a 10 by 5 room - Obviously a BRIG! Your knee is firmly implanted into the stomach of a bare naked man. His face has several days of stuble.

"Me Gud, thank ye. Who be there! If ’n ya release me, I do swear that I, Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, will serve ye better than any
man. But first Capt, ye gots to git ye knee out me gut."


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Tricky step...careful, I missed it."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Fog naturally flows to the lowest point, so I see no reason why it wouldn't flow below deck. Reminds of how deadly gas attacks were to soldiers in foxholes even after the all clear signal was given to remove masks.

"Wait, why are you shutting us in? We might need to run back out in a hurry."


Evil GM

David pulls the hatch closed on his way down below. The hall is not pitch black except for the occasional stray filtered light form the warped decks.

I was posting when Bri was and before David's response. it can be closed to open...just decide.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Embrianna wrote:

Fog naturally flows to the lowest point, so I see no reason why it wouldn't flow below deck. Reminds of how deadly gas attacks were to soldiers in foxholes even after the all clear signal was given to remove masks.

"Wait, why are you shutting us in? We might need to run back out in a hurry."

David pauses and looks a little confused.

"I was hoping to keep out the fog - but I can leave it open if you want," he says to Embrianna.

He thinks a moment -

"You want to rearrange the "marching order" here? I could be up front looking things over and searching for possible traps or threats - or do you prefer me in the rear?" he asks Embrianna, curious to know what her opinion is on the marching order.

So far I haven't had any warnings about listening to Embrianna, so I hope things should go okay - as in; no worries about me being belligerent if she offers advice on marching order.


Evil GM
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:
Embrianna wrote:


So far I haven't had any warnings about listening to Embrianna, so I hope things should go okay - as in; no worries about me being belligerent if she offers advice on marching order.

Just play what you know, no need an occ and potentially let others know or understand.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Well, the deck swallowed Sath cause it wants her down here, so obliviously we will want to get her out as quick as possible. And just so you guys know, I can see in the dark. That might be useful in here, so I suppose it might be good if I went first."

Bri is not thrilled to volunteer to lead, but knows she can see better than the others down here.


Evil GM

Here is an updated map after Henk fell down the stairs he is circled in blue to indicate he is prone.

Updated Map

I'm just waiting on everyone to post their actions. :-)


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel hustles over to where Astri is and leapfrogs her to head down, pausing at the steps to make sure he doesn't fall like Henk did.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
He stops in L1

He maintains the spell in his hamds

What round are we in? My shield spell will last till round 10.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius opens the door he is next to and peers inside, looking for Sath.


Evil GM

Adriel make a reflex save and an acro skill check while you are at it.


Evil GM

DM Tracking rolls:

Will saves:

Sath: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Dirk, PP: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Astrianna, P: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Darius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Embrianna: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Adriel, P: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
thrasher,P: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Henk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Dirk +1 save luck arch-type makes it 12


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Baldwin:
Sath gets off the naked man and considers if she would possibly ever feel clean again... probably not. "How did you come to be here , Thalios Dondrel?" she asks the man as she searches the room for a way out.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Acro: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Ref: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Evil GM

Thrasher:

The little dino turn very nippy. Distrustful complaining he is always [b]"I'm hungry...you don't fed me enough and you're too bossy. Why am I always put in danger. Besides the big Brute Henk took food from me the other day. Oh yeah, that totem outside is way cool...if you want my help in the future, you need to protect that it makes a wonderful perch for me.[/b}


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Realizing that Darius wants to move forward without checking for traps David merely shrugs and remains at the rear of the party.

David will hold action and let Darius move first. When/if there is room he will attempt to move before Embrianna so that our primary healing caster is in the rear and not close to any potential threats.


Evil GM

Adriel as you were running through the bridge the floor opened up under you and you fell through. fall damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 You are in a dark room, there is no light source.


Evil GM

David:

You have the urge to look for your cat "Alabaster" calling out to him actually. You think want to move to your cabin actually that should be where he is at, unless the crew did something to him.


Evil GM

Sath Only:

A bit sheepishly, "I am the esteemed pilot of the Kingfisher, we ..." he thinks of his words, "...we came to explore and aid, this drifting shift." He smiles, "No one knows the helm of a ship better than meself. Thalios Dondrel is the scourge...I mean savior, of the Nine Seas!”


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 11| Sp: 58/88 | Hp 68/68 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 23 , KAC: 24 | Fort +8, Ref +12, Will +9 (+11 vs enchantment) | Init: +4 | Percep: +17, 12 Metron darkvision | Conditions:

Did Astrianna witness Adriel get swallowed by the floor, or was she already moving down the stairs?

1,201 to 1,250 of 14,076 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.