Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1 to 50 of 14,076 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

You are among the bustling dock trying to buy passage out of Westcrown before the invasion.

Westcrown itself is chaotic, Thrune has sent its most revered General with a fleet to quash the civil unrest that has been stirring for over a year. Throngs of soon-to-be exiles are seeking passage out before the imposition of martial law; they care not for where they go, most simply willing to pay a king’s ransom for a short passage out of the threatened area.

In the harbor sits, one of the last ships which is a three-mast carvel teeming with passengers lugging chests and bartering with an unscrupulous looking officer at the end of the gangplank. ”Ain’t g’t the duh, ain’t got passage…now be off you leaper, go b’fore I club ya like a shark.” A family turns away from the man, clearly distraught with fear.

The husband can be heard cursing loudly as he passes though, ”Damn that Brotherhood, things were just fine before they meddled in the City’s affairs.' He tries to reassure his family. "We’ll be alright.” The docks are swarming in bedlam.

”Y’got a hefty purse and I’ve some spots on Mother’s Blessing,” the harsh voice jabbers at the crowd. He begins to point at people in the crowd, ”It’ll be tight but got me room fer a few.” His finger points to each of you in the crowd.


Evil GM

Here is the initial map.

Westcrown Dock Map, Departure Day


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Her hat pulled low to shade her eyes, Embrianna scans the dock as she makes her way up the ship and breathes a sigh of relief that she finally seems to have gained passage back to sea.

He's sure to take a fair chunk of money for himself in addition to whatever the fee for passage is, but there doesn't seem like there is much choice if I want out of this chaotic town.

Her bad slung over her shoulder, Embrianna walks up to the man at the gangplank. "How much for the passage out of here?"


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Not liking the look of the man but having dealt with worse than this one, Sath adjusts the haversack upon his back and heads to the foot of the gangplank to secure passage out of this place before those that sought him could figure out his ruse and track him down.

"Well then, how much for passage upon this ship? And is working passage available for a seasoned sailor?" Sath figured if it could save him some money, he might as well make it known that he was himself an experienced ship-hand.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius kept his head down as he made his way toward the plank. He had been in town for just over two days, but that had felt like an eternity. He had had to disembark his previous birth due to a misunderstanding with a half-orc.

Not my fault the dimwit couldn't keep up with the rules of a simple game of cards. If he hadn't been the first mate, I could already be back at sea and not stuck back here. It took me too long to get out of this literal Hell Hole, last thing I need is to get trapped here, found, and drug back home...

He had heard of one more ship selling spots aboard. He forced his way through the throng of people, using his glaive like a walking staff as he shouldered by a family that had been turned away, fearful the ship had filled. He was relieved when the deckhand seemed willing to let more on, though.

Must not have had enough coin...here's hoping they haven't jacked up the price...

As Darius approached, his eyes naturally wandered to the curves of the raven haired beauty asking about the fare. He kept his ears on the conversation as he let his eyes explore her form from behind.

This just might be a very entertaining trip, indeed!


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

The crude man gawks at you his eyes easing over every curve. "Fer you 200 gold, y'look wanted by the navy." His dingy teeth grin.

Make a diplo check


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius winces and moves his eyes up at the steep price.

"And what if, as this gentlemen so keenly asked, we are willing to work off a portion of the fare?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

The man looks over at Sath, "Some could work." he winks at Bri. "You gonna have to take that up with the Capt., but t'git on the Mother's Blessing it's gonna cost ya 210 gold." The vein running down the center of his forehead throbs

diplo roll


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

He stares at Darius. "Y'deaf? Pay t'git on ship then take up work wit the Capt." he flicks his wrist, "215 gold cuz y'don't listen."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Can I use bluff instead?
if not diplo 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
if bluff 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Embrianna smiles at the brute hopping to get the price down. "I'm sure that more than a few of the men who have wanted me were in the navy. But I don't bother with just any lowly seaman."

Gah, I knew the price was going to be steep, but is more than I thought.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Would it help to mention that Sath is also skilled in weather magic?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

"I worked, until recently for my uncle down the coast, a Merchant Captain name of Saltblood, perhaps you've heard the name? I worked as a sailor for 3 years on his boat and learned all that I could."

Looks like I should have placed more ranks in Diplo and maybe less in Sailor


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Henk Bash wrote:
”Damn that Brotherhood, things were just fine before they meddled in the City’s affairs.' He tries to reassure his family. "We’ll be alright.” The docks are swarming in bedlam.

For now David ignores the tough on the ship and moves over to the family. As he glances at them he looks to the youngest child and slips a small pouch into the child's hands.

Pouch:

Inside the pouch is 20 GP.

He makes sure that the rest of his gear is on him and that no one's light fingers are too grabby, then turns back to the man on the ship.

Henk Bash wrote:
”Y’got a hefty purse and I’ve some spots on Mother’s Blessing,” the harsh voice jabbers at the crowd. He begins to point at people in the crowd, ”It’ll be tight but got me room fer a few.” His finger points to each of you in the crowd.

David glances at the others that had been pointed to and takes a moment to light up a cheroot then moves over to the man who had pointed at him.

"If you're looking for work, I'm happy to help," he says with a friendly nod.

"I've done some work on ships before - I'm alright as a sailor and I did a bit a work as a sawbones before, for what it's worth," he adds, doing a bit to "turn on the charm".

Diplomacy Check
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Beginning to feel a bit annoyed at his attitude, Embrianna gazes at him.

Casting Evil Eye on his ability checks. It is undetectable when someone does this, correct? If not, she won't


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

A bit of drool pools on his droopy right lip, right where his angry scar ends. He leans in and sniffs, "Bet they did...bet they did." He holds out his palm, "'undred, ninety."


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives
Sath Saltblood wrote:

Would it help to mention that Sath is also skilled in weather magic?

[dice= Diplomacy]1d20+5

"I worked, until recently for my uncle down the coast, a Merchant Captain name of Saltblood, perhaps you've heard the name? I worked as a sailor for 3 years on his boat and learned all that I could."

Looks like I should have placed more ranks in Diplo and maybe less in Sailor

He spits near your boots.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Embrianna gives a little sigh and hands over the gold. Well, I tried. Certainly wasn't going to offer to get too friendly with him.

Embrianna will board the boat and look about for a place to sit while they wait to set sail.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

He looks a the new comer, "A sawbones, eh?" His blinks a few times. "Capt does the hiring, but fer 190 gold ya can ask the capt yerself."

It clear that he has range that he asks and he doesn't care if the others hear the varying prices.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Henk Bash wrote:
He looks a the new comer, "A sawbones, eh?" His blinks a few times. "Capt does the hiring, but fer 190 gold ya can ask the capt yerself."

"Fair enough," David says with a shrug and pulls out a small pouch and counts out the 190 gold pieces, then hands it over.

As he waits for the rough to count it out he glances aft, his eyes roaming the length of the ship and taking in the members on it.

"Where's the skipper, then?" he says, adjusting his pack.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

He takes Dirk's coin. Then points a thumb towards the aft deck. "Capt Longplank up there." He cringes and starts to count again, the distraction clearly made him lose count.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius notes the wildly varying prices, and eyes the man's bearing, trying to get a read on him, specifically if he really is asking the captain's price.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Darious:

You gather he's playing up the last ship out of port bit and he's inflating the price.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Henk Bash wrote:
He points a thumb towards the aft deck. "Capt Longplank up there." He cringes and starts to count again, the distraction clearly made him lose count.

"Thanks," David says with a nod to Mister Bash.

Hoisting his kit over his shoulder with one hand, he flicks some ash off his cheroot and heads up the gangplank and onto the ship.

Moving toward the quarterdeck, but knowing not to advance onto it without permission, he remains on the main deck and addresses the captain of the vessel.

"Ahoy, captain," he says, touching his hand to his forelock politely.

"My name's Hawkins - your mate back there said to talk to you about duties? Said you maybe need help in the infirmary or maybe another able sailor in a pinch," he says with a nod.

"I've served my time before the mast and I've got some decent experience as a ship's surgeon, if that's of any use?" he adds with another drag from his smoke.

Diplomacy Check to influence the attitude of the Captain -
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna walks up to the gangplank, casting her gaze on the family that was turned away. She observes from a distance as some well-armed and interesting looking individuals try to talk their way on to the boat.

A soft, crooning, contralto voice seems to part the clamor surrounding them as she sings part of a sea-shanty, fingers subtly moving in what could be interpreted as playful dancing as she approaches the sour looking man.

Astrianna casts Charm Person on Henk- DC will save 15

Smiling at the man while inwardly thinking he must have been abused in the face by a shovel of particularly bad construction, the half-elf speaks over the noise. "My good man, did you hear my singing? I will bet my hat that no one on your ship can sing, or dance, or entertain as I can- everyone on your ship will be happy, with nightly performances by myself! To top it off, I've worked on a ship this size before. Now, I don't expect to get on for free, but I don't work for free either. Let us go the middle ground, and I'll give you 100 gold for passage AND this lovely voice- every night."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath is fairly certain that this sea-trash was asking a price differing from that of the captain but wanted to make sure before he tried a more direct approach to gain passage

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


M Gnome Expert/bard

"A sawbones you say?" He waves you up then proceeds to yell down at Henk. "Get them aboard or get them away, we cast off in five."

He turns his attention back to the sawbones, "Your friends comming aboard...saw them walk up with you."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Capt Willie Longplank wrote:
"A sawbones you say?"

David looks up at the Captain.

"Aye, sir," he says.

"I've studied medicine and I've had experience on ships-of-the-line as well," he adds.

Capt Willie Longplank wrote:
"Your friends comming aboard...saw them walk up with you."

David turns back to the others.

Friends? Well, nothing wrong with that...

He turns back to the captain.

"Begging your pardon, sir, but I suppose that depends on your man at the gangplank... he's levying a fairly stiff fee on all of us that would be happy to work for passage."


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

"Yes mam, that be a fine voice." He nods vigorously. "Mighty prurty voice. He lifts his hand in agreement.

Darious, Sath, and Ariel are on the dock still.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"Screw this," Sath thought to himself- time for the direct approach...

Raising his voice so that the captain could hear him, Sath addressed the captain directly...

Gnome:
"Captain, sorry to bother when you are so clearly readying to set sail but I was wondering if you might have need of a seasoned sailor skilled in the art of weather magic aboard your fine vessel? I can offer you 125 gold pieces and my services aboard your ship."


M Gnome Expert/bard

The captain nods to new surgeon, "We're overcrowded but gonna scoot out of here before that damn armada arrives. Your help may be needed with this crowd and well...if we're chased." He looks over at Henk, "They any good with a sword if we get in a tussle?"

He turns to the man yelling up to him, "Weather huh?" He turns back to the sawbones, "You didn't mention he could help get us speed."

Then he looks back down a the man. "HENK, HENK those three send up for 125 gold each."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Capt Willie Longplank wrote:
"We're overcrowded but gonna scoot out of here before that damn armada arrives. Your help may be needed with this crowd and well...if we're chased."

David nods.

"Very good, sir - where should I stow my kit in the meantime," he asks as he takes another drag from his smoke, then turns back to the others, waiting to see what will happen next.


Evil GM

So, Sath, Ariel and Darious can get aboard for 125 Gold and they work.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna gives him a genuine smile as her voice is complimented. She hands over 10 platinum pieces to the man. "I expect to see you tonight when I serenade the beginning of our journey."

Quite pleased with herself, the Taldan saunters up the gangplank and takes stock of the ship. She looks back at those still milling about on the dock, shrugging. More biscuits for the rest of us.

Looking for a place to sit, she spies Embrianna and approaches her. "Saw that doofus fleece you- what a craggleface. Hope he falls overboard and his gold takes him to the bottom of the sea." She mutters, sitting next to the woman.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Gnome:
"And I'm also proficient with my trusty scimitar and spear...

Looking Henk straight in the eye, Sath hands over the 125 gold "Now, if you wouldn't mind moving out of my way..."


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

He bites the platinum pieces then he nods in a dumbstruck manner.

Henk snarls at Sath but steps to the side for him to pass after he pays.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius forks over the stated coin and hurries aboard. Once on deck, he relaxed a bit. He looks the crowd over, and begins sizing up the ship.

A nice looking ship. Can't wait to get up the rigging and feel the sea air again.

He looks about those gathered and says, "Well, that worked itself out. Name's Darius."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
"Well, that worked itself out. Name's Darius."

David turns to the newcomer as he waits for the captain's formal orders.

"Afternoon, Darius - name's Hawkins," he says offering his hand.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"Mine's Sath- nice to meet you."

Wanting to get out to sea, Sath surveys the ship and general port area for any immediate concerns...

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"Hawkins- good to meet you, if you need any additional help with keeping the crew alive, I know a thing or two about healing as well."


Evil GM

Sath:

On the horizon you see masts on 4 separate ships approaching. The navy's first ships.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Sath Saltblood wrote:
"Hawkins- good to meet you, if you need any additional help with keeping the crew alive, I know a thing or two about healing as well."

Turning from Darius, he glances to Sath.

"Nice's to meet you, Sath," he says with a smile.

He takes another draw from his smoke and thinks about Sath's words for a moment.

"You've had experience as a surgeon?" he says with genuine curiosity, sliding out a cheroot and offering it to the half-elf.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius shoulders his glaive and returns the handshake. "Pleasure."

Spotting the two lovely ladies from the dock, he makes his way over and bows slightly, saying "My ladies, I would just like to say that in the years I've been sailing, not once have I had the privilege of traveling with such lovely women. And here I am, faced with two of Shelyn's finest works of art."

He raises his hand to his chest and adds, "My name is Darius, and this here is..." he notes that Hawkins has already started talking to another man. He chuckles and says, "well, his name is Hawkins."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"Not surgeon, no- druid actually, but I hope I can be of some use..."

Making note of the navy ships, Sath turn to the captin, "Captain- we have 4 naval ships incoming, time to be leaving I believe."

Once the ship is ready to go, Sath will prepare to cast Gust of Wind in case we need the extra burst of speed

How many ships could I get with one Fog Cloud spell?


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
"My name is Darius, and this here is..." he notes that Hawkins has already started talking to another man. He chuckles and says, "well, his name is Hawkins."

As David waits for Sath to respond, or the captain to issue further orders, he turns to the others.

"Afternoon," he says with a friendly smile.

"I guess we'll be shipping together for a spell; it'd probably be a good plan to get to know each other, if you're all agreeable to it?"

Clearing his throat a bit he looks at the others.

"I'm a ship's surgeon, or at least - I've served as one in the past," he says to them, then clears his throat a bit.

"Anyhow, I'm happy to meet you all - this is Sath - he's had some experience as a healer as well, I believe," he adds.

"How about you all?" he asks the rest, curious to know what they'll say.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Sparkling green eyes flick away from Embrianna as Darius and Hawkins approach. "Ooh, incoming." She whispers, acting completely disinterested until Darius arrives and bows. Her head turns slowly, and she listens to his flattery with a smile. "Ah, if only all men could be so truthful all the time." The half-elf muses, standing to give Darius a curtsey despite her lack of a skirt.

"I see you know your works. It is said Shelyn wrote a beautiful song, and while she and the others gods much enjoyed hearing it, they decided it was much too fine to keep to themselves. Thus, to bring joy upon our strife-filled lands, she named the melody Astrianna and cast her work into this world for others to enjoy. A pleasure, Darius."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Sath Saltblood wrote:
"Captain- we have 4 naval ships incoming, time to be leaving I believe."

David turns from the company with surprise to scan the horizon.

"Gods damn... " he mutters with a growl.

"Alright lads and lasses - I reckon we got work to do!" he says to the others as he tosses his cheroot over the side then looks back to the captain.

"Orders, sir?" he calls out, wondering where he will be stationed.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
" A pleasure, Darius."

Ret-con with the ladies -

David glances between Astriana and Embrianna.

"Nice meeting you both," he says, tipping his forelock politely.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

The elf had been blending into the crowd like a shadow, despite the obviously exotic weapon on his hip, (Katana) the constant movement had been more than enougb to skip back and forth to close the distance with the man at the plank and a quick casting of Prestigiation had succeeded at getting the captain's attention. 125 was the captain's call.
It was enough.

Walking up as if to speak to the Thug he quickly changed pace from easy walk to darting sidestep and tumble, Drawing a dagger as part of the movement and coming up behind the thug with the hilt pressed tto the man's neck.
Acrobatics, Daredevil boots: 1d20 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 5 = 31

Their is a sharp inhalation of breath as the man loses the elf in his vision and feels the pointed hilt press his skull at the join to the spine.

125 is a fair price my friend. And I'll throw in the lesson for free. The captain wanted a sword or magic and he gets both in THIS one. I will see you aboard and later we will drink to the songbird, my shout and parhaps you can tell me about sailing for in truth, I know nothing about ships. If you are in need of a drinking partner we can talk.

He skips back up the plank out of reach and tosses a bag of 130gold at the thug.
Five extra for you. Like I said first round is on me.

He doesn't not wait for a reply and turns and skips up the plank. Unsure if the man's pride would make him take insult or welcome the coin and offer for drink. He figured if he was angry, better to get away now and allow the man's duties to distract him and let the money cool him down.

As he approaches the captain he bows low with eyes up, a warrior's greeting in his home. Take take your eyes off an unknown.
Captain. I am no sailer but I am a good swordsman and middling wizard of sorts. If magic and steel would make me useful, my services are yours. Like you, I have come to realise this place is no longer fun.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

A brightly colored green/brown raptor flaps down and alights on his shoulder.
This is Thrasher, my familiar. Mind him. He bites but his eyes are keen.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Sparkling green eyes flick away from Embrianna as Darius and Hawkins approach. "A pleasure, Darius."

He smiles as she joins him in the flirtations. "My dear, I doubt not a single word."

Hearing the warning call, Darius turns his gaze seaward to take note of the approaching masts. "Unfortunately, my precious melody and raven haired beauty, it would appear that more proper conversation shall have to wait."

He checks to make sure his pack is secured in a manner to not hinder his combat, and turns to see how the captain plans to act. He grips his glaive in preparation for combat. While the masts were quite far off, he knew that Cheliax had other agents at their disposal. Agents that could appear at any moment.

He hears the elf profess skill with both combat and magic and smirks. Awfully hard to master both, I'd wager. We'll see just how good he thinks he is, but for now, I'd prefer to see us out of Chelish waters.

"Good eyes, elf blood!" Darius calls out to the one who cried the warning.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

perception to notice Darius's grin+Alterness: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31

The elf waits for the Captain's response, if any, and sauntered over to the Human.
He looks him up and down.

Another blade, seeking the pleasures of life without the threat of Thrune's boot crushing your throat? That Glaive is a fine weapon but difficult to wield in the confines of a ship friend. But at least you don't seem to clank about in plate like the last sellsword I sailed with. When he went overboard, we never saw him again

The pterosaur screaches


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

"Ah, but a little footwork can give me all the space I need. And when that fails," Darius replies, raising his right hand and flexing his fingers. The hand is covered in a leather gauntlet with small metal spikes. "I just get a little more personal is all. Besides, I've learned that combat basically comes down to one principle: defeat your enemy before they defeat you. Being able to strike first is a huge advantage."

1 to 50 of 14,076 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.