Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


14,051 to 14,076 of 14,076 << first < prev | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue(unchained)/5 -- Fighter(lore warden)/2 -- Halfling Opportunist/2 -- Warrior/1 -- (HP: 71/81 | AC25; FF19; T18 | F+12, R+13, W+7/+9 | Perc: +14/+16, Init +5)

Throwing caution to the wind, Dinetta runs to the end of the pier, and with a talent that nobody knew she had, dives into the water, and with her magically enhanced speed, is at the barge before anyone can blink. And hopefully before the sharks can attack.

Dinetta's base speed is 30'. With Haste, it is 60'. She can swim at her base speed, so she should be able to swim 60'. A double move will get her 120' this round. She will use the extra move to avoid sharks and/or begin climbing up onto the barge.

Action: Double Move

--> Swim is the unlocked rogue skill for Dinetta.


Evil GM

Dinetta tries to limit the splash as she dives into the shark infested waters.

25% chance that shark is at the splash point: 1d100 ⇒ 99

Fortunately, she does not dive in near any sharks.

50% chance that sharks are in the area she swims: 1d100 ⇒ 76

lady fortune does indeed shine on the librarian! Dinetta there are no rope ladders nearby that you can see on the barge. make a climb check.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue(unchained)/5 -- Fighter(lore warden)/2 -- Halfling Opportunist/2 -- Warrior/1 -- (HP: 71/81 | AC25; FF19; T18 | F+12, R+13, W+7/+9 | Perc: +14/+16, Init +5)

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 <-- maybe?, hard to write a description with a roll like that


Evil GM

Dinetta's small fingers wedge into the knotty hull, but she is too winded to advance the climb.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 16

Astrianna whistles as she works, back turned to the general chaos of the docks. Supporting Thalios in the rescue of Jenkie and Lester was her top priority- she had originally written off the two as dead, but things were looking up for everyone. When I tell this story, I should be on the barge with Thalios attempting the rescue. Much more exciting- I can get in a tough spot, and he can ride up on the shark! It's mostly true, which is the best kind of true.

A surprised look crosses Astrianna's face as Dinetta jumps into the shark-infested waters, races, and beats one of her arrows to the barge. Well no one is going to believe me when I tell them I just saw THAT. She's a librarian!

Free action: Maintain Inspire Courage (10/24)

Full-round action:Full-auto fire bard on Thalio's wereshark foe.

Effects:
Haste: +1 attack +1 AC, +1 ref, +30 speed, one extra attack. (5 rounds left)
Abundant Ammunition: Silver Arrows (8 minutes)
Inspire Courage: +2 attack, +2 damage
AC 21
Mirror image: 6 (9 minutes)

longbow attack #1, FIRST ATTACK inspire courage, haste, rapid shot: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 32

damage #1, point-blank, inspire courage, silver arrow: 1d8 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 5

---------------------------------

longbow attack #2, inspire courage, haste RAPID SHOT: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 14

damage #2, inspire courage, silver arrow: 1d8 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 6

------------------------------------

longbow attack #3, inspire courage, haste rapid shot, HASTE ATTACK: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 23

damage #3, inspire courage, silver arrow: 1d8 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 7

----------------------------------

longbow attack #4, SECOND ATTACK, inspire courage, rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 27

damage #4, inspire courage, silver arrow: 1d8 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 5

---------------------------------

Threat from longbow attack #1,: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 26

crit attack #1: 2d8 + 6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7, 7) + 6 + 4 - 2 = 22

Threat from longbow attack #4,: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 10

crit attack #4: 2d8 + 6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 + 4 - 2 = 12


Evil GM

Astri hits the bulls-eye with several arrows. (39 HP)

RD 15

Dinetta - swims to barge
Jalang - dead
Chell -
Astri - hits the last WS for 39 HP
Enforcers -
Sorrin -
Roland NPC- unconscious but stable


Evil GM

RD 15: WS on Thalios

claw 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16;damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

claw 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24;damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23;damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

the attack on the naked man is with some vengeance as one claw and the bite hits.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Though she herself did not dare to cross the waters, there were still options to her to attack the wereshark on the barge. She brings a hand up as if about to through a spear and swings it forward. On the barge, next to the wereshark, a spectral harpoon appears. It harries the shark man, stabbing with its barbed tip.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Cast Spiritual weapon.


Evil GM

The spectral harpoon thrusts into the wereshark.


Evil GM

RD 15: Sorrin you are up.

RD 16

Dinetta -
Jalang - dead
Chell -
Astri -
Enforcers -
Sorrin -
Roland NPC- unconscious but stable

*I don't have an updated map for this. Dinetta it you will need a a climb check. The WS is 15 feet from where you are climbing up.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue(unchained)/5 -- Fighter(lore warden)/2 -- Halfling Opportunist/2 -- Warrior/1 -- (HP: 71/81 | AC25; FF19; T18 | F+12, R+13, W+7/+9 | Perc: +14/+16, Init +5)

Move: Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Standard: Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Dinetta struggles with the wet side of the barge, finally finding a grip and managing to clamber up onto the ship.


Evil GM

Chell and Astri you are up.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The spiritual weapon continues its unguided assault. But without going over there, there was little else she could do with the sharks in the water. So she turns to the ones left here. She pulls out a small pearl as she walks over to Roland. She places it on his chest and channels a spell through it, using it as the source of energy.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Move to Roland and draw pearl of power. Use it to cast a Cure Light.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 17

Arrows whistle over Dinetta's head as Astrianna continues firing an unlimited stream of silver arrows at the wereshark aboard. "I wonder how the ship is doing." She remarks to no one in particular, seeming content with talking to herself. "Saegen had better be pulling his weight after we went through the trouble of saving his ass."

Effects:
Haste: +1 attack +1 AC, +1 ref, +30 speed, one extra attack. (5 rounds left)
Abundant Ammunition: Silver Arrows (8 minutes)
Inspire Courage: +2 attack, +2 damage
AC 21
Mirror image: 6 (9 minutes)

Free action: Maintain Inspire Courage (9/24)[/ooc]

Full-round action: Full-auto fire bard on Thalio's wereshark foe.

dice=longbow attack #1, FIRST ATTACK inspire courage, haste, rapid shot]1d20+11+1+2-2[/dice]

damage #1, point-blank, inspire courage, silver arrow: 1d8 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 5

---------------------------------

longbow attack #2, inspire courage, haste RAPID SHOT: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 1 = 21

damage #2, inspire courage, silver arrow: 1d8 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 10

------------------------------------

longbow attack #3, inspire courage, haste rapid shot, HASTE ATTACK: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 13

damage #3, inspire courage, silver arrow: 1d8 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 12

----------------------------------

longbow attack #4, SECOND ATTACK, inspire courage, rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 24

damage #4, inspire courage, silver arrow: 1d8 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 12


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

Between the spiritual hammer and the arrows the last wereshark succumbs to death. Thalios dances around and stabs the beast a couple times, then he dtakes a huge naked bow to the librarian. "Good day...welcome to my burning barge....I am Thalios Dandrel son of Mordikei. Here for your pleasure....that is once we put out this damnable fire." Satnding before you is muscled man, stark naked except for a large peacock feathered hat, and weapon belt.


Evil GM

For all intensive purposes the battle is over. so everyone can post freely.

Thalios will go about freeing the captives.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue(unchained)/5 -- Fighter(lore warden)/2 -- Halfling Opportunist/2 -- Warrior/1 -- (HP: 71/81 | AC25; FF19; T18 | F+12, R+13, W+7/+9 | Perc: +14/+16, Init +5)

Finally getting up on the barge, Dinetta looks at the rather unusually garbed man for a moment before bowing her head back to him.

It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Dinetta, librarian at the cartographer's guild.

She then looks about the barge, ignoring the lack of coverage provided by the man's flamboyant hat.
Lets get these fires out before we have toasted civilians.

With that, she takes a small metal tube from her pouch, presses a few buttons, and suddenly the tube expands and turns into a large bucket.

Using her Traveler's Anytool to make a large bucket.

Lets start getting these fires out.

I will be offline most of the weekend. Going to CarnageCon in Vermont this weekend.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

As the last wereshark on the barge falls, Astrianna swivels on her foot, looking for more targets. None present in the nearby area, and she lowers her bow. "Did we win? I think we won."

She walks along the dock towards Jalang, looking left and right for anything that might still jump out and attack. "Can you believe all those people hung us out to dry about the jawbone? After all we've done for them? They'd be chum right now without us." The bard monologues, nearly tripping over the giant sword used by Jalang's champion.

"Oh, hello..." Astrianna mumbles, putting her bow over her shoulder. Her hands wrap around the hilt of the sword, and she levers it up with a grunt. "Acceptable payment for our services. Come on, get in the bag, Baron needs some new sails.... Pure silk, dyed Crimson!"

A stained look crosses her face as she comically attempts to maneuver the giant sword into her haversack.


Evil GM

The barge fire is finally put out and the prisoners are freed. Capt. Lester, Jenkie, and others are grateful for their release. The carnage on the docks is immense but the citizens quickly get to work cleaning up and setting fire pyres for the dead. They are fearful of the moon curse.

Astri quickly starts to inventory the bodies and more importantly, the loot - making sure that the bodies are thoroughly picked over before any burning occurs.


Evil GM

Recovered gear:

Dalang

2 beads of force
2 elemental gems of water
2 Teeth of Dajobas (unholy symbols +2 keen wounding punching daggers, CE). You will have to search the waters for these.

hemp shoes
lose fitting silk pants
8 black pears worth 8000 gp total

Tulita WS
+1 greatsword
mwk longbow
potion of bulls strength
potion of cure serious wounds
20 arrows
+1 hide armor
pouch 9 gold

Weresarks enforcers

9 msw longswords
9 dagger
9 studded leather armor
9 curel light potions

Anstyn Ions aka fake Dalang
+1 frost greatsword
belt of giant strength,
ring of fire resistance
7 black pearls worth a total of 3500gp


Evil GM

The evening wears on and the city comes to order, tensions loosen and the ale begins to flow. Great stories become grand as the night wears on. Your fame and good fortune rises: Heroes of Port Shaw.

This is the end of the first of two game arcs. As foreshadowed earlier this is a good time to stop the game. It's clean and makes sense. I may restart the game at some future point but for now I need break. This is one of three games that I run and I'd like to get down to just one game for a while. My online schedule is much more limited than it use to be. You all have been fantastic players and great players make for memorable games. Each one of you have enhanced my overall enjoyment. Feel free to write a final post or two to wind down your characters.

PS: you can level up to 10th.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Silk's not functional as a sail cloth." Petty argument but she was hoping to be a craftsman one day. Even after all this and being a cleric of Quell. So a part of her couldn't let that go even if it was petty. She surveys the damage and nearly collapses thinking about the work to be done. So many turned. And unless the defeating the source broke the curse, their was going to have to be a number of changes made here to account for those too far gone for magic to help. But at least their wouldn't be any more.

Chell walks over to the body of Dalang that they pulled out of the water. She kneels at his side and says a prayer, closing his bloodshot eyes. So much death, and this was still only the beginning.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Rogue(unchained)/5 -- Fighter(lore warden)/2 -- Halfling Opportunist/2 -- Warrior/1 -- (HP: 71/81 | AC25; FF19; T18 | F+12, R+13, W+7/+9 | Perc: +14/+16, Init +5)

After putting out the fire on the barge, Dinetta helps the ungarbed Jenkie maneuver the barge back to the pier. Easily leaping off, the diminutive librarian rejoins her new companions.

It is sad, so much destruction. I could read every tome on the Shark, and never understand his desire for pain and destruction.

She then looks down at the still form of Dalang.
He could have been such a force for good had he followed the Whale.

With that, she turns to the others.
Want a librarian on your ship? I was getting tired of the unchanging library anyway.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

With a dramatic flare Thalios springs for the barge and onto the dock. He flips his hat off and takes a deep bow, "Ladies...swoon as you may for I am Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, here to save the day." He winks at the cute librarian. "With your gracious assistance - of course." He glows when his eyes meet Astri's "Ah, my lovely, you kept my heart beating during my darkest hours, the thought of catlike claws raking my back." He bows again then extends his arm towards Astri. "Ohh, do I have a story to share..."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna seems unfazed by Chell's comment. "Not unless it's magic silk." she says off-handedly, stuffing pearls into her haversack like a chipmunk filling its cheek pouches with seed.

Dinetta gets a glance, and a nod. "Of course! I have a plethora of books for you to find and organize, oh yes, I could keep you quite busy..."

As Thalios jumps on to the dock, she jumps up from her looting and laughs. "You salty scoundrel... I knew you weren't dead. Had to come back for me, huh?" She saunters foreword with a grin, a black pearl between her thumb and forefinger.

The bard holds up the calcified treasure, imagining all the wonderful things it will be turned into. "I would LOVE to hear it over some of the Captain's Wheel finest shark fin soup and artisanal wines." Her emerald eyes look his naked body up and down. "They won't let someone has handsome as you in naked, though. Bad for business if everyone is distracted from eating." She follows up with a wink.


Evil GM

I will closing this game thread down Sunday, so if anyone has any parting in-character roleplay it's time to post it.

14,051 to 14,076 of 14,076 << first < prev | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | 280 | 281 | 282 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.