Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1,001 to 1,050 of 14,076 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"Not sure yet," Darius responds. He scans the seas and skies for signs of ship or monster.
__________
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath does a backflip out from the rigging, landing on the deck in a roll to break her momentum and then rolls up to her feet in front of the captain.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri tosses her stuff onto one of the unoccupied top bunks and then rushes quickly above deck when she hears the muster bell.


M Gnome Expert/bard

The captain glances over the entire crew. "We had a profitable run." There is huge roar of enthusiasm. "Everyone gets a pint of mead with supper, but we need to be on our toes. As you now know, there were some sick people on board and I handled it quickly and efficiently." He pauses, "Do not over look the fact that My decision saved your lives." He lets that sink in. "I secured necessary supplies in case anyone else shows signs of sickness. Let it be known: if you fail to report any sickness before we arrive at the Razor...I will have you tossed overboard for jeopardizing the health of this vessel." He lets this soak deep into everyone's bones.

"As some of you may know, we had the few departures in port namely two officers and couple crew. We managed to pick up six able body sailors in Westcrown. Three of those crew members are now officers aboard the ship: Sawbones Hawkins is the ship's surgeon. If you are ill get your arse to him."

He looks over and says, 'We've been testing our luck lately running without a Chaplain and Sath "Eyes" Saltblood, who rumor has it was born from the sea, has agreed to take over those duties." He looks at Sath as if saying Oh, yes...you've agreed if you like it or not. There are a few slaps on Sath's back.

"Finally, some of you may think that the departure of Haas Rhunti, Combat Mate, is a loss. He was liked but I'm promoting Darius Rotarion to Combat Mate. he fought skilfully and has proven himself a deadly adversary. He will assume Rhunti's duties and that is going to include some different fighting techniques. Darius you bunk with Sawbones now." There is some clapping and chatter about how Darius fought with the polearm.

He turns to Sath. "Chaplain the First Mate will get you square on your cabin after you lead this ship in blessing for safe voyage." he bows his head.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Uh, you know I don't have Knowledge(Religion) right? lol

Bowing her head, Sath begins to pray to the spirit of the ocean in Aquan, beseeching the spirit for good weather, to keep away illness from the crew, and for favorable winds in their sails.

while she prays, she also studies the weather and compares it to recent weather to try and determine what the weather will be like for the next few days

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

What is she able to determine about the weather with this roll?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 55/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is a little surprised as Sath backflips her way onto the deck, looking around in wonderment. That was damn impressive, I will admit.

When the Captain speaks she the cheers with the crew, head filling with ideas on how to spend her newly found wealth. When they are warned about the sickness, Astrianna glances around. It's doubtful anyone is going to want to go into the carpenter's quarters for fear of coughing on some dust.

The bard nods when Sath is selected as the Chaplain- it's a sound decision, despite not being happy with the druid right now, and it's not like Astri was competing for the position.

Astrianna grins as Darius is selected as Combat Mate, giving him a slap on the shoulder. "This whole ship is going to be bristling with billhooks and boarding gaffs by the time you're done with it."

I wish I could have a cabin. If only there was a Morale Officer...


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius grinned widely as the Captain spoke of the profits they had acquired, and for so little of work, relatively speaking. And when he names Sath the new Chaplain, he smirks as his mind wanders. Who knows, she may find a way to convince me to get religion of some sort...

But when Darius is named Combat Mate, he is partially taken aback, partially thrilled, and only mildly disappointed. He had never been an officer aboard a vessel before, and he was surprised to have been chosen over some of the more veteran crew members aboard. However, he was thrilled by the opportunity, and intended to do the best he could.

His disappointment, however, came from the loss of his bunk, because he had noted as he left to muster that Embrianna had chosen the empty bunk above his.

He smiles as Astrianna pats him on the back. "Not quite. I do plan on giving some training in that regard, but I'm not gonna force a fighting style down someone's throat. That'll just get them killed."

He bows his head during the prayer, though it is mainly for show, as Darius was not the religious sort at this point in his life. Perhaps once he was positive he was well and free from his father's influence and grasp, he could settle and figure out how he felt about that sort of thing, but for now, escape was all that was on his mind.

He returned to the crew quarters to gather his things, nudging Adriel with his arm as he collects his armor and bow. "Looks like you get the VIP bunk now, friend," he says as he motions towards the bunk above with his head.

He then makes his way to the quarters he would be sharing with Hawk. He knew others had started referring to him as Sawbones, but Darius knew that likely wouldn't stick once they made it to the Razor. He liked calling him Hawk anyway. Had a nice ring to it. He opened the door and tossed his armor and bow down on the bed to the right. "Well," he says to Hawkins, "looks like I don't have to call you Sir anymore. That's a relief." He shoots a smirk Dirk's way. "We are going to have to work out some sort of signal, you know. In case one of us has a 'guest' of the female variety in here."

He pulls a red sash out of his pack and places it on top of the chest on his side of the room. "How about this, sash on the door handle means 'Do Not Disturb.' Work for you?" he asks with a laugh.


Evil GM

Sath the southern trade winds are blowing, with no cumulonimbus build-up, just a few high cirrus clouds for the next 12 hours.

the crew does not know your are not a cleric nor do they know you have no religious knowledge. Eventually that could be problem. :-) but right now they trust you're a Chaplain.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

To lie or not to lie...this should be interesting...hehehe

Edit: I may need more popcorn!


Evil GM

Ship Map

I labelled Sath's cabin and Dirk/Darius' cabin.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath informs the Captain about her predictions regarding the weather for the next 12 hours and asks if there are any other duties that he requires of her?


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

After settling into his cabin, he decides it is safe to stow his haversack away in the chest provided him, and then he returns to the deck of the ship and locates the crew assigned to him for the day.

Unless disrupted, he paces his portion of the deck and oversees their work. He had considered himself a capable sailor, but the task of managing others was unsettling at first. It took him a while, but he gradually began getting the hang of it.

Profession (Sailor) Aid Other: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
__________
I figured an Aid Another check was the most applicable check to make.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Embrianna wrote:

Bri will accept the flask and take a drink from it before passing it back to him to share.

"Whether or not I am interested in any ventures will have to be decided when some more details are finalized. I can't imagine myself spending any length of time stuck on land, so any plans that would include that just would not appeal to me. I'd still have to be getting in a good amount of sea travel."

He nods at her.

”Fair enough. And I agree... until we see more of this new coast then there’s really no way to plan things fully. But I got you about the water,” he says with a smile.

He takes a quick sip and then hands her back the bottle.

”Keep it; it’s a gift,” he says with a smile.

He looks at her eyes for a little bit, then he tips his forelock and turns and leaves.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
"Sawbones, you and I have not conversed much but I recognize when a man can use a sword. So even though you needed prompting, the bodyguard role was a good one.

David looks at Adriel and sighs, realizing that he's been tense with the elf but hasn't given much of an explanation as to why.

"Look - I think it's time we cleared the air a little, you know?" he says as he looks at Adriel.

"Right - so here's the thing..."

”You know, when you came on board I got a whiff of the fact that you were trying to get more from the captain in terms of position; I don’t know what you were after – more loot, more rank, prestige… it doesn’t really matter to me.”

”Point is – I didn't like it - it made me a kind of suspicious of what type of lad you were.”

He glances at the sky and turns back to Adriel.

"That said, I was thinking of getting a crew together to run missions on our own once we hit the Razor – you know, independent contractor kind of thing…”

”My friend Darius said we should get you to run with us.”

He studies Adriel thoughtfully.

”I told him I’m not going to say ‘no’ if he wants you to run with us - and if you want to; but the thing is – if I run with a crew we treat each other like mates; like allies – like friends, you know?”

”I'm not trying to be rude here; see... I don’t know what all this crap I've been hearing lately about who’s better then anyone with a sword or spell or charm or personality or whatever....”

He studies the elf.

”Frankly I don’t give a gods damn who's better, you know? It doesn't matter to me.”

”We run as team that means we're equals; that's how I see it, anyway... And if we're in a team that means we back each other, you know, treat each other with respect, courtesy and that sort of thing; not because we’re blood-kin, and not because we love each other, or are sleeping with each other, or because we’re scared of each other, and not even because of the promise of gold or rank or title.”

”We back each other because we’re a team. That’s the reason – and the only reason – that we do it."

"Hell, lovers break it off; fear just causes trouble; and gold, rank and title are all crap that can be lost.”

He studies Adriel.

”Look, I'm not trying to be rude, it's just - I just don't like it when people talk bad about me... or my friends... that’s all I’m saying,” he says with a shrug.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Sath Saltblood wrote:
"I'm sorry I never mentioned it earlier, but I actually have a veterinarian's kit you could use, if needed. I guess now we just have a spare healer's kit and vet's kit as well."

He looks at Sath and nods.

”It’s all right, lad,” he says deliberately choosing the word.

Sath wanted to keep that a secret; fair enough. I don’t know why, but it’s Sath’s secret so I won’t spill it now…

”Those kits don’t last forever – having a backup kits is alright,” he says.

He thinks a moment.

”Just so you know – if you needed the coin to have bought that scroll, I would have spotted you,” he adds.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"Appreciated, but I pay my own way as much as I can, and I still a potion and scroll of Water Breathing so it's all ok. But thanks."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Sath Saltblood wrote:
"Appreciated, but I pay my own way as much as I can, and I still a potion and scroll of Water Breathing so it's all ok. But thanks."

He grins.

"Well, it wasn't meant as a gift, but just as a lone... But my point is, I do what I can to help my friends, that's all," he says with a nod.

He claps Sath on his arm.

"You're good people, lad," he adds with a smile.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Tulita Warrior, NPC wrote:
"Sawbones you're down in the far aft cabin on the lower deck. It's a double so you'll have a roommate."

David looks at the First Officer.

”Aye sir; begging your pardon but I’ll move my gear there now,” he says with a quick flick of his hand to his forelock.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

As David gets his kit stowed proper he sees his new “fellow officer” come in and recognizes him as Darius.

Darius Rotarion wrote:
"Well," he says to Hawkins, "looks like I don't have to call you Sir anymore. That's a relief."

He grins.

”Yeah – well – we’ll see about that,” he responds with a little chuckle and gives his friend a wink.

Darius Rotarion wrote:

"We are going to have to work out some sort of signal, you know. In case one of us has a 'guest' of the female variety in here."

He pulls a red sash out of his pack and places it on top of the chest on his side of the room. "How about this, sash on the door handle means 'Do Not Disturb.' Work for you?"

David glances at Darius and grins.

”Nah – no worries. If you need time with the ladies, I’ll clear out,” he says.

”As for me; well – truth is, I sure enjoy the view, but I don’t really think that I’m their cup of tea,” he says, brushing his long dark locks back and cinching his hair behind his neck with a small piece of cord.

”I don’t know… I figure that when you’re with a lady that it’s not a quick little tumble in some cabin, but instead it’s more like a slowly growing fire that grows hotter and hotter until you’re both consumed by the heat… or that a mere glance at a lady’s eye can hold more poetry and passion than a sky filled with stars; the blush of her cheek and the heat of her breath awakens in your spirit more longing then a newly blossoming rose seeking its first sunrise,” he says with a soft voice, as if thinking about something, or someone.

He looks up at Darius and smiles a little sheepishly.

”Ah hell, I don’t know – to be fair I don’t think most of the lasses go for that sort of thing."

"Oh well, what are you going to do?” he says with a little shrug.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"I couldn't agree more, I don't believe in rushing things, at least in regards to the act of pleasuring a woman. Too much effort goes into winning a woman's trust and coaxing them into an...agreeable state to let it be over in a flash."

Darius sighs, then adds, "Now women like the ones we passed on the street earlier, well, that just depends on how much your coin will buy," grinning to himself as he finishes stowing his own gear.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
"I couldn't agree more, I don't believe in rushing things, at least in regards to the act of pleasuring a woman. Too much effort goes into winning a woman's trust and coaxing them into an...agreeable state to let it be over in a flash."

David glances at Darius as he makes sure his own kit is stowed properly then he looks back at his friend.

”Hey now - I know plenty about a lady’s body; part of the trade I guess," he says holding up his hands, laughing a little.

Then he seems a little more serious as he thinks about something - "But as for this business about treating a lady like she’s naught but a doxy? There’s a difference between a proper lady and a doxy, that's all I’m saying,” he says.

Darius Rotarion wrote:
Darius sighs, then adds, "Now women like the ones we passed on the street earlier, well, that just depends on how much your coin will buy," grinning to himself as he finishes stowing his own gear.

David shakes his head.

”Aye! Those were just doxies, but they aren’t the type of lady I’m interested in,” he adds.

”Besides, it’s a sure bet that they were carrying the pox. Just saying - even if you fancy them, it’s probably not worth it... but if it matters, if you want to dance with those sorts, I’d wear a sheathe,” he says, giving Darius a nod.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 55/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna enjoys her extra mead with the day's dinner, smiling as her head lightly swims. The tipsy bard sits up from the table after her meal, strutting across the deck with a smile on her face. The half-elf decides she would like to be entertained, and heads to the lower deck. A grin spreads across her face as she stands in front of the door of the joint room Hawkins and Darius now share.

The bard presses her ear to the door and can clearly make out their talking. She stifles a giggle, tapping her hat with a finger and taking on the guise of a young, attractive blonde traveler, her bosom on the verge of exploding out of the bodice she's wearing. Stylish traveling gear accentuates her voluptuous curves, a long, thin skirt adorning her legs.

Disguise: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37

Taking a deep breath, she falls into character. Lady Lucilla Vanna Moschella- escaping the persecution of the Order of the Chain, for she set her slaves free and the ingratefuls turned on their family, reporting them to the Order for crimes against them her family did not commit. Oh yes.

The bard-in-disguise raps on the door. Wide, fearful blue eyes clutch the wide-brimmed fancy hat on her head when the door is opened. "Is this... I was told.. The doctor is here? S-Sawbones?" Her voice is husky, with a quiver of distress.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"Is this... I was told.. The doctor is here? S-Sawbones?" Her voice is husky, with a quiver of distress.

David turns to Darius, the sound of someone in distress snuffing out the relaxed attitude and replacing it with a sense of professionalism.

"Hang on," he says to Darius and moves to the door and opens it.

"Yes - how can I help you," he says looking at the strange girl.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 55/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

A look of relief washes across the woman's face, and she begins to talk rapidly. "Oh, thank the gods! I was told to come down here, I feel so strange, I don't know what to do, and I was told you could help!" Her face looks flushed, and her lips are full. "I feel so hot... Oh, please, don't touch me, what if I'm ill? I'm so hot and I.. I just need to sit down, may I come in? Oh, don't touch me, please..."

If you touch her, you get a DC will save of 15 to resist the Illusion

I should add a bluff in here for her performance

Bluff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

As Hawk opens the door, Darius' jaw nearly drops at the sight of the vixen before him. He steps forward to introduce himself, but at the mention of her being possibly ill given the recent scare, makes him halt his advance. It doesn't stop his wandering gaze, though.

"Hawk, you need a hand helping this lady?" Darius asks. Part of him wants to flee the area in case she is contagious, but a...more persuasive...part of him does not want to miss a moment of viewing this fine creature.
__________
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Gotta crash, way to time the fun Astrianna. Lol


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
A look of relief washes across the woman's face, and she begins to talk rapidly. "Oh, thank the gods! I was told to come down here, I feel so strange, I don't know what to do, and I was told you could help!" Her face looks flushed, and her lips are full. "I feel so hot... Oh, please, don't touch me, what if I'm ill? I'm so hot and I.. I just need to sit down, may I come in? Oh, don't touch me, please..."

David agrees and lets her in.

He pauses to study her carefully, looking at her eyes; examining her features for injury or any sign of fever or temperature, attempting to observe that she is flushed or is sweating.

Heal Check to Diagnose Disease –
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

As his hands move over her to see if her skin is warm or feverish he listens to her statements and words.

And not that it will matter with a stupid +1 Modifier to my Sense Motive Check to “Detect Bluff” against a 19 as I’m guessing this is a “believable lie” (a modifier of +0).
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

As he looks at her eyes, he gently takes her wrist in his hand to count her pulse and his fingers feel for the heartbeat to count its beat and rhythm, checking to see if it’s irregular.

So when he touches you, he makes a Willpower Save vs. the DC of 15 to detect an illusion?
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Hawk is Captain Crit against your skill checks, ain't you noticed?


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Darius Rotarion wrote:
"Hawk, you need a hand helping this lady?" Darius asks.

David drops the woman’s hand somewhat abruptly and stands erect, his eyes flat.

”No – I don’t think I’ll need a hand,” he says to Darius, his eyes hard on Astrianna.

"It's Astrianna in a magical disguise pretending to be diseased," he adds to Darius as he stares at her sternly.

”What the hell is this about?” he says to her.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 55/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Seriously?! Why does this keep happening to me. The will save is touch or study carefully. You did both.

When David's expression changes she knows that she's been had. The woman sighs and rolls her eyes at Hawkins, teaching up to touch her hat and dispel the illusion, hands on her hips and looking annoyed.

"Really Hawkins? You just had to ruin my fun, don't you know when a lady saysh not to touch her, you don't touch her?" She throws her hands up in exasperation, moving forward to look into their room and peer about. "I came to look at your new quarters and have a little fun with you two, but apparently someone is too good at his job." Emerald eyes glance over at Darius. "I had him going, at least. Ugh, I such plans for my prank... It was going to be hilarious." She shakes her head regretfully.

The alcohol on her breath is apparent, and while it's difficult to tell, her speech and movements suggest she is slightly inebriated. "Oh, she had an "affliction" all right... one that only two strapping lads could cure, ha! But now I can only imagine the looks on your faces..."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

As Astrianna said this all starts after dinner, I assume we are no longer on duty for this exchange. As such, Darius responds as follows...

Darius is confused at what is transporting until Astrianna removes her illusion. Though he smiles and laughs when he listens to her rant.

"Hun, if you are looking for some fun, have a seat, I got just the trick."

He reaches into his pack and removes his enchanted mug. He circles the rim with his finger and says, "Wine," and the glass fills itself. He raises his glass in a toast, saying, "To new ventures, with new friends, in new lands! May the ventures be successful, the friends true, and the lands welcoming!"

After the toast, he sits down beside the inebriated songstress and says, "Also, I do believe you and I have a bet to settle," a mischievous glimmer is clearly in his eye.


M Gnome Expert/bard
Sath Saltblood wrote:
Sath informs the Captain about her predictions regarding the weather for the next 12 hours and asks if there are any other duties that he requires of her?

The Captain hears the weather predictions and announces, "Our Chaplain as divine good weather for the next 12 hours at least! He has foreseen a blessed departure."

The crew gives a huge "Whoop!" call.


Evil GM

yes, everyone is off duty at this time. Adriel and Bri have night watch.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

In response to Hawkins speech to Adriel:
The talk in the Captain's office was finished so I'll assume this takes place after dinner.
The elf laughs, What was I after? Gold my friend, lots of it, as much as much as can be squeezed from the T!+s of the great mother that is life. I am a Sellsword and I give a great damn deal about whose best with a blade because if I am not the best and don't run with allies who are damn good then you die in my line of work. I intend to be around for a very long time and enjoy every damned minute I am here.
I am a greedy, vain and charming killer for hire.

That Darius is damn good at what he does and he doesn't mind a drink so I like him.
That's the limit of my irredeemable qualities and I make no apologies for it. Life takes me or leaves me.
Now, your impassioned speech tells me you are a good man, maybe even an altruist. But despite your pretty feelings I can see how well worn that hilt of yours is. You have killed. That makes you a killer. An idealistic one but still a killer.
Would you want a man at your side protecting your flank who you KNEW was not up to the task. Who would let you and your friends down and get himself and maybe his allies killed? No. But I'm guessing you'd be nice about it.
I am more blunt that that.
A fool is a fool and sugarcoating the truth doesn't help someone improve.
I may be greedy but what will tell you now is I do not lie.
I do not break contracts, even for a higher sum. Once I have signed on for a job, it gets done and I will fight dirty if that is what it takes. I am a MAGUS for the heaven's sake. Fighting unfairly is what I do.
Money or Friends get my loyalty and my Friendship is not for sale.
Right now if the Captain offered me a worthwhile sum I would throw your a$$ overboard and not blink about it. But I am starting to like you and your nice speeches, Sawbones. Get to the point where I would actually call you friend and the captain could offer me all of Cheliax and instead I'd kill him for the suggestion of harming a friend.
You think on if you want someone like that with you until we get to the Razor Coast.
IF I aren't hired for some great some for another job between then and know, well I might just throw in for a business venture so long as you all prove competent in your fields, like Darius has.
Until then, I barely know you, other than the fact you seem to be a Good man. I don't dislike anyone. But I am as loyal as a dog to my friends.
Drink with me, train and see where we end up. You decide I am not worth your time, that's YOUR problem not mine. If you need to settle an issue, you'll find out WHY I care so much about being good with a sword. Till then the Captain pays me and my job is to help out and kill people who threaten the crew. That includes protecting you.

The elf offers one of the two Rum servings he had in his hand (the second HAD meant to be for Rose), if the Sawbones accepts he'll happily drink and trade stories. If not, he'll walk away and find the Witch as was his intent before the Doctor came over to talk.


Evil GM

I'm super busy today so you all can mix in RP where you see fit. The next three days at seas are pretty uneventful and you settle into a routine. During that time you do pick up some additional knowledge about Razor Coast and it's inhabitants.

You find over the next three days that this is stand-up type ship, the crew generally likes being aboard the vessel and working under the Captain. There are a few rumblings about the white death and how he handled it but to a man they respect the decisiveness he displayed. Sawbones does get two additional cases of the symptoms but with the potions/scrolls they are easily remedied. The fact that the Captain was true to his word about having cures on board raises the spirit.

There are only a few surly crew members and one officer on board. The officer is Henk, the quartermaster, and he has 4 crew that follow him around. What you've figured out is that is his "boarding team" so they are loyal to him. None of this lot display "open" hostility and they generally work well with others.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4
baldwin the merciful wrote:

yes, everyone is off duty at this time. Adriel and Bri have night watch.

Since they were alone on deck, Adriel approaches Embrianna as their paths cross near the rail and decides, as usual, to be a flirt.

Beautiful night, though I fear the helmsman may loose his way, for it seems the moon itself is here on deck with me. Hopefully the stars haven't moved as they call their light back to them
Oooh, yeah! CHEESY


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

In the course of your work and downtown you all have learned a bit about the recent history of the Razor and The Tulita Diaspora. You find that the First Mate when in the drinks opens up about his history and several other sailors will add their .02 worth.

The Tulita:

The Tulita are a fierce and proud island people of extremely complex social mores with strong shamanic and monastic traditions. Once a force to be feared, they repelled not only the most ferocious of sahuagin raiding parties, but also brutal attacks by the Karikanti tribes of
Blacksink Marsh.

Their small communities survived by harvesting tropical fruits and nutrient-rich vegetables while carefully controlling hunting. They appeased the spirits of Whale, Turtle and Dolphin with offerings and rituals, hoping to keep the Shark at bay forever. The Tulitas’ only contact with other civilizations was limited to their association with a
locathah kingdom below the waves.

Then the ships came: strange towering vessels, five times the size of a Tulita war canoe, spitting smoke from dozens of angry metal maws. Like Lakano Mua, the Red Misery, and other legendary dragons of old these foreign vessels sailed into Kai Bay and blocked out the rising sun’s rays with their stretched canvas wings.

Soon after the first explorers stepped ashore, merchant cogs, three-masted frigates and whaling ships arrived in droves. Giant dromons and slave barges from the far off hell of Carcass laid siege to the Tulita as well. All manner of strange men and women rode these wooden monstrosities. Humans, elves, dwarves, orcs and other races soon
established settlements in the area, though the Razor’s savage mysteries as swiftly snuffed most out.

The Tulita believed the old gods of the sea sent these travelers and attempted to accommodate their needs at first, but it swiftly grew apparent these newcomers’ ways were not in accordance with the Tulitas’. Many abused Tulita hospitality and destroyed land the tribes held dear. The travelers butchered the Whale, spreading a red stain of blood across the ocean, until this totemic defender of the Tulita ceased to visit Kai Bay or treat with the shamans. Other newcomers sold whole tribes into misery at the poxridden slave markets of Carcass.

Whale-silence and seas of blood mean only one thing to the Tulita – the Time of the Shark is at hand. Many of the Tulita, rendered awestruck by the newcomers’ glass beads and shining gold, delayed the tribes’ response to these affronts to the old gods, but finally a handful of stalwart Tulita tribes went to war.

The resulting conflicts sprayed the coast in blood. In the end, the newcomers’ weapons of steel proved too much for even the canniest Tulita. The natives, fragmented in their leadership and outnumbered by everarriving waves of foreign ships, tore apart from within. They devolved to fighting amongst themselves, as some tribes swore allegiance to the newcomers in exchange for powerful weapons and magic – and then turned to settling past feuds.

So it came to pass that the mighty Tulita, who once slaughtered the aboleth enclaves of Shaldroon and pushed their hideous skum armies back into the depths, suffered dismal defeat. In the wake of the war, the newcomers forced the Tulita Grand Lodge to grant honors, land, and the titles of chief and elder to the most powerful and influential of their conquerors.

The Tulita became prisoners in their own lands. Many believed mother Pele had turned her back on them, and hundreds converted to the myriad religions of their oppressors. Other Tulita fled to outlying islands or retreated deeper into the monster-ridden interior. One way or another, they left their ancestral home of Kai Bay forever, abandoning it to the invaders.

After the conflict more explorers, adventurers, merchants, farmers, missionaries and whalers arrived, accumulating in the city of Port Shaw, which grew like a tumor. Once a paradise cove, forbidden to all but the great kings of the Tulita, Port Shaw is now a den of unwashed whalers and scurvy pirates. Their continued predations
drive Whale further from the shore, every year. Grandfather Turtle, his eggs snatched from beaches and senselessly smashed by the newcomers, no longer visits the Razor. Dolphin’s cries are silenced, strangled in the fishing fleet’s great nets. The Tulita are alone.


Evil GM

You learn a bit about Port Shaw:

A renegade captain named Aldrin Shaw, having dispensed with whatever loyalty he bore the distant nation of his birth, settled here with his fleet of freebooters. Aldrin fought hard in several campaigns against the Tulita, and when the war wound down, he claimed the bay as his own. Captain Shaw and his men built the port town by hacking plank and board from the surrounding forest and constructing dozens of long piers that pierce the sanctity of the bay like so many knives. They raised houses, chandlers, inns, warehouses, taverns and brothels to lure trade and accommodate the host of explorers and treasure hunters who descended like locusts upon the ripe, virgin coast.

Port Shaw attracted a dangerous breed of brigand and cutthroat, and the bayside settlement quickly grew perilous for any traveler off his guard. Smugglers, pirates, outlaws and outcasts filled out the population. In Port Shaw the streets are unruly, the docks downright deadly after dark, and the only law in town remains the brutal iron fist of the Municipal Dragoons.

Port Shaw is divided into loose districts. Like any pirate town, there are no legal boundaries of any kind, and the districts themselves grow and shrink with each passing year. The Dragoons patrol each, though anarchy reigns in Tide and Bawd districts after dark. They blithely ignore most murders, assaults and robberies unless a powerful member of the Lodge takes an interest or a violent act disrupts some tycoon’s lucrative business endeavors.


Evil GM

In one particularly rum filled evening the First Mate begins to chant:

Born Where the Fire Meets the Sea:

In the beginning, there was the sea. The Great Eternal Ocean flowed on into the horizon forever. But Pele was not pleased. The goddess rose up from below the waves and at her whim great mountains with hearts of fire breached the ocean’s surface and cast flaming lava high. Smoke rose above the water and wove itself into the sky, and where the fire met the sea, lava rock steamed into being, creating thousands of islands and the jagged coast. At the heart of her new kingdom, Pele stood alone. The Goddess of Fire and Wrack yearned for children, and birthed from her
smoldering womb a great race of giants, with flames for hair and black coal for skin. They bowed to her command and served Pele well, but they feared the sea and would not stray near the coast. Pele was dismayed. She wanted her children to caress the sea as she once did, to enter the waves
and they once entered her. And so she hurled smoking rock into the sea, and from the smoking stones the first Tulita came. Their people were born where the fire meets the sea, and they possess both in their hearts - the burning power of their mother, and the ancient changeless wisdom of the
Great Eternal Ocean.

- Creation Chant of the Tulita


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 55/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Are there any bucklers Astrianna could borrow on the ship, Baldwin? I embarrassingly forgot to buy one. Also, are there any training weapons aboard the ship?

Darius and Hawkins:

Darius Rotarion wrote:

"Hun, if you are looking for some fun, have a seat, I got just the trick."

He reaches into his pack and removes his enchanted mug. He circles the rim with his finger and says, "Wine," and the glass fills itself. He raises his glass in a toast, saying, "To new ventures, with new friends, in new lands! May the ventures be successful, the friends true, and the lands welcoming!"

After the toast, he sits down beside the inebriated songstress and says, "Also, I do believe you and I have a bet to settle," a mischievous glimmer is clearly in his eye.

The half-elf gives him a dismissive gesture and a grin. "Bah, I've had a few but I'm not drunk enough to crawl into your bed yet Darius. Try again when I've had some more rum." She teases, looking around their new quarters and inspecting it.

Astrianna laughs as he mentions the bet. "Oh the nipple thing? I definitely need some more drink before that. I'd have to be drunk to start creating illusionary nipples on my body." She sits down on the bed with him, leaning back to be supported by the wall. Her legs cross at the knee, and she folds her hands into her lap unless gesturing.

The bard raises a fist to the mug of wine and thumps it. "Aye! And may our endeavors be profitable!"

Adriel:

A day after departure, Astrianna finds Adriel, fully armored and sword hanging from her belt. "Up for a bit of sparring? I want to see what those fancy moves of yours are all about. First to three taps, flats only, no magic. " Unless there are some training swords aboard the ship. She stands with hands on her hips, clearly confident.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

On the night watch:

Adriel wrote:
Beautiful night, though I fear the helmsman may loose his way, for it seems the moon itself is here on deck with me. Hopefully the stars haven't moved as they call their light back to them.

Bri finds it hard to not laugh out loud at such a line. "If my beauty is the moon, then surely your ego is the sun. You do realize that such lines work best on sheltered young women who have listened to one too many romantic tales from roaming bards."

"What you need to do is to find out what the woman you want to woo is insecure about and then heap the compliments up on whatever it is. Then you will be oh so very insightful for seeing what she feels others miss. In case you can't tell, I happen to be very secure about my appearance."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius nudges the girl with his shoulder, but slips an arm around her and leans in to whisper.

Astrianna:
"Darling, when and if that time comes, I wouldn't dare want your senses to be dulled by drink. I would want you to enjoy and experience every second of it."

The next day, Darius rises with the morning sun, heading to the deck with his glaive. It had been days since he had drilled, and he figured his new position aboard the ship afforded him the freedom to do so. He fell into a rhythm with the sea, spinning the glaive around his body and ending in practiced strikes at various points in the air. After a few minutes of this, he returns to his quarters and stows his weapon before gathering up his assigned crew and seeing them to work. He keeps his eyes on the horizon all the same, as he wanted to make sure they were well away from any Chelaxian pursuit.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Profession (Sailor) Aid Another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The moment his shift is concluded, Darius seeks out Adriel. "Adriel, could I borrow you for a minute?" he asks before guiding him to a quiet corner of the ship.

Adriel:
"When we were at port, you sounded like you had a sharp enough mind for tactics and battle planning. I don't know about your life before the Blessing, but I know mine was not one of military training and upbringing. I'm good with weapons, and can help teach others how to use them, but when it comes to tactics, well, I'd be a fool to try and boast of some fictitious experience. While I help to train the men on basic combat, I'd appreciate your input on, well, the larger picture as it were."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath tends to her duties for the next three days- providing whatever 'spiritual advice' she can to the crew and also helping with the other ship-board chores as she is able. Utilizing her magic to enhance her own natural swimming ability, she also spends about an hour per day in the water, dancing and swimming with whatever sea creatures happen to be nearby.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Embrianna:
Ahh, but dear Rose has denied to explain her inner fears, therefore she is fearless as she seams and the strength of her heart is as great as her beauty. 2. Dear Rose does NOT consider poor Adriel a friend worthy of her confidence and he should forgo further pursuit of the goddess or 3. Rose DOES wish to confide her fears and fall into the arms of the rogue swordsman, but fears handsome Adriel is less than sincere in his advances. In all 3 cases the course is the same. Adriel must continue to try to win the heart of his paramore, else he must die wondering WHY she never chose to reveal her fears and hopes. Or at least wait for an opportunity to get his Rose sufficiently enibriated so that in her reduced capacity, he might LEARN the secret among drunken ramblings. In either case it would appear this one has work ahead of him. My Lady, as always your heart remains elusive.
The elf moved on. He WAS working after all and he could look forward to beong close to her later.

Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Are there any bucklers Astrianna could borrow on the ship, Baldwin? I embarrassingly forgot to buy one. Also, are there any training weapons aboard the ship?

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

The elf raises a brow, Are you ready to take that bet are you? If so I take it you don't want me to hold back? After that speech about being equal to me, I would dishonor you by holding back and my inflated pride would be oh, so wounded if I were to lose. If you are certain, very well.

The elf steps to the side and asks any nearby mates to clear the floor.
He starts 10feet away and bows, allowing her to take up a similar position.
Flats of the blade, use whatever spells you wish. By the rules I believe we BOTH accept a -4 to attack to use regular weapons for non lethal damage.

GO!
Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Darius:
I'd be lying if I did not say I was disappointed to miss out on the officer rank. I am glad at least if I had to miss out, it was to a true warrior. I will be happy to offer what I may, friend


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 55/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 7/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Adriel:

Yup non-lethal -4

Astrianna laughs as he mentions the bet, shaking her head. "I just wish to see what you're made of, and I want to know how you move so gracefully. I believe I'm as good at you as swordplay, but definitely not the magic. I'm not taking the bet because I know you're good, but you probably have some tricks up your sleeve."

She motions for him to come up on the bow quarterdeck, where they will be out of the way of everyone. The half-elf draws her blade- a beautiful Maheto longsword covered in intricate dwarven runes. She twirls it briefly in her hand, light flashing off of its blade.

"I prefer to fight with a buckler, but I can't seem to find one. Hopefully I won't lose and have to use that as an excuse." She says with a grin, settling into a stance with her feet splayed and sword extended parallel to her frame. "I don't plan on using spells- I have no interest in covering you in grease and watching you slide off the quarterdeck so Sath can fish you out of the drink." The bard laughs softly at the mental image.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

While the bard is laughing she suddenly springs forward, slapping his blade to the side, twisting the sword in her hand and attempting to smack the flat of the blade into his shoulder.

Non-lethal Longsword: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 4 = 13 Miss under normal circumstances, but if we're doing taps, should we use touch AC? I didn't think this through :p We could do it where we use touch ac for taps, and if the hit is above our armor AC it deals nonlethal damage.

Non-lethal Longsword damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Astrianna:
Not using Magic? Hardly a true test, since blending sword and spell is EXACTLY how a Magus fights. You didn't come here to spar, you want to dance.

The beutiful half elf was quick and had gotten the first swing, a poor attempt that Adriel allowed to turn his blade out so that he could roll around her back and slap her rump with the blunt side of his sword.
Acrobatics,Daredevil Boots: 1d20 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 5 = 22
Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 + 2 = 16A hit
Non lethal damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Let's use the normal rules.

Had you asked for a formal lesson on dancing I would have happily oblidged.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

After speaking with Adriel, Darius gathers the off duty crew that aren't assigned to night shift on the main deck. He stands in front of them, glaive in hand.

"For those of you who have not met me, my name is Darius. As you all heard last night, the Captain named me Combat Mate, and informed you that I would likely be teaching you some new things. That is true. However, do not think that I am going to be forcing you all to grow accustomed to fighting with one of these," he holds his glaive out for emphasis.

He paces in front of the formation as he speaks, using his glaive in a manner similar to a walking stick.

"You all are already accustomed to fighting with your own weapons of choice. I'm not going to push something on you that you aren't skilled with, because that would just get men killed. Instead, I'm going to be trying to improve your reflexes, help you to take advantage of openings your opponents provide you."

"Once I am comfortable with what you are skilled with, and where your talents lie, I will begin refining some shipboard tactics, both for defending our vessel, as well as boarding enemy ships should it come to that. But for now, let's begin with honing in your hand-eye coordination."

Basically going to be going through drills and such to try and teach the crew Combat Reflexes. Also, as Combat Mate, Darius will be watching your little sparring duel.


Evil GM

There would be bucklers around to use or buy. No on sparing weapons it is generally a merchant ship.

As Darius trains on the deck with the glaive a few sailors not on duty watch. There is definitely a passing interest there and one person was brave enough to join in but he clumsily handled the pole.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Over the next three days, it may become a bit noticeable that Embrianna is attempting to avoid Darius, or more specifically, any chance he might drag her off for combat practice.


Evil GM
Sath Saltblood wrote:
Sath tends to her duties for the next three days- providing whatever 'spiritual advice' she can to the crew and also helping with the other ship-board chores as she is able. Utilizing her magic to enhance her own natural swimming ability, she also spends about an hour per day in the water, dancing and swimming with whatever sea creatures happen to be nearby.

Some of the crew would notice and watch your water dance. There is quite a bit of praise that you were born of the water like the Captain said. Your weather predictions have been spot on.

I do need two more weather checks.


Evil GM

The crew all gather on deck during the open sparring when Adriel and Astri do there thing. There is a lot of coin being wagered.

The odds are Magus giving 2 for every 1 on Astri. so if you bet 50 gold on Astri and she wins it pays 100 gold. If you bet 50 gold on Adriel it will pay 25 gold. the coin purses are heavy but the first mate limits the betting to 100 gold each as they do not want any hard feelings for a loser.

1,001 to 1,050 of 14,076 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.