Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1,451 to 1,500 of 14,076 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Dirk:

It wasn't a surprise attack, the first attack was it's RD 7 action.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Sorry, I was waiting for the others to act first; but right now I need to get to sleep because I have to be up for work early in the morning and I probably won’t be able to post until tomorrow afternoon; that said – this is my action for the round for whenever it would happen.

As a Free Action

David looks down the narrow hall at his allies.

”Come on, Number One! Get your ass up here and lend a hand!” he calls out with a reckless abandon to Darius, seemingly unafraid of the skeleton as he waits for his allies to step up, still mistaking the his friend as his “First Officer”, his brutal determination to face this thing clearly colored by whatever twisted madness is plaguing his mind...

I think Darius can attack the creature if he moves to either P:12 or R:12 with a diagonal attack. I would move David but I don’t know if I’m allowed to take a 5 Foot Step and use a Full Attack, but my weapons aren’t too handy against an Undead at this point, so I’m going to go Full Attack for now and hope to get lucky.

His eyes flick back to the creature and he notices it seems fairly immune to his dagger and he shakes his head in disgust. He continues to attack with his magical weapon, but he drops the dagger and balls up his fist and takes a swing at it, hoping that a brutal punch might change its mind!

Full Attack Action

Attack with Rapier
1d20 + 9 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 - 2 = 15

If it hits –
1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4

Dropping Dagger as Free Action; Swinging Fist (Bludgeoning) as Attack Action for Lethal Damage at a -4 Penalty to hit –
Archeologist’s Luck with Fist
1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 13

If it hits –
1d3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

EDIT: Crap! Well, I gave it my best shot - sorry about that, guys. Good luck, tomorrow.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel lets go of the map he handed to Astri.
I did fall through this roof. Haven't you yet realized this is no ordinary ship. Thrasher actually SPOKE to me before. In COMMON. He cannot do that but for some reason he spoke before. Take what we can but stay ready girl.

The elf makes no move to assist Henk, the quartermaster had a crowbar and was no small man. A simple cabinet should prove no challenge.

Holding my action. 2 rounds of SHIELD left


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Ooops, back - thought we were resuming today...

Sath, ignoring Darius' order not to summon the elemental, continues to do so...

"Damn fool!" She thinks to herself, "What does he think we should do? we're trapped here and if I'm going to die I will take this cursed ship with me- besides, I can swim and once it starts to sink I can help the others get free of the thing..."


Evil GM

RD 8 update

Team one:

Fast Zombie -
Henk - pry's cabinet open
Astri -
Adriel -

-----------
Team Two

Skeleton - hit Dirk for 9 HP.
Darius -
Sath -
Bri -
Sawbones - full round action missing both attacks and 5 ft steps back


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

RD 8:

Henk already acted but he comments.

"Ah...shyte."


Evil GM

RD 8 Fast Zombie

With much quickness a headless creature strikes out at Henk when the cabinet door opens.

slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

slam, quick strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The first attack hits the man.


Evil GM

In RD 8 the skeleton did not moved out of the room. His action was posted on the last page


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Oh, ok. I just looked at what you posted above and saw: Skeleton - and a blank, I thought that meant he hadn't gone yet. Is there any where I can stand to trip it in the doorway? I am unsure if I can do it off from the side a bit or if I need to be directly in front of the doorway then.


Evil GM

Bri when you opened the door last round you would have herd lots of scratching in the hold, then you saw thousands of red dots. Scratching would been on the aft wall this is the same, but louder, sound you heard while in the hallway. It's clear to you that they are rat swarms.


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Oh, ok. I just looked at what you posted above and saw: Skeleton - and a blank, I thought that meant he hadn't gone yet. Is there any where I can stand to trip it in the doorway? I am unsure if I can do it off from the side a bit or if I need to be directly in front of the doorway then.

I forgot to update that when I copied and pasted the update. You have other issues see my post above since you opened the door to the hold. I forgot to tell you this last night. I was exhausted.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 1, Round 8

Astrianna guffaws at Adriel. "Are you losing your mind, elf? Falling through floors with no holes in them and talking dinosaurs? I'll have to write a song about that. We'll get Hawkins to look at you later, I think you hit your head."

Sighing as Adriel does nothing to assist Henk, the bard begins to ask him why he's being so useless today. Henk's curse distracts her, and she looks beyond the elf to see what's going on. "Shyte? I'm going to be disappointed if the cabinets are full of shyte."

She moves next to Henk to see what the problem is.

Move Action: Move next to Henk.


Evil GM

Here is an updated map. I moved Dirk 5 ft to R, 12. That will open up some space for others.

Updated RD 8 Map


Evil GM

Astri since you were already next to Henk, I assumed you moved behind him. Is that correct?

Updated Map after Astri's move

Astri you see a headless creature, muscularly built, which is clearly a corpse of some kind. It does appear to be exceptionally quick in it's movements.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Pretending that last post never happened then.

Seeing all the little, red, beady eyes staring at her, Bri draws a flask out of her bag, steps up 5 ft and throws at the nearest writhing mass of rat-flesh. The mass on the right when she walks in seems to be the closest.

We gotta get through this room, so these rats just need to die.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Alchemist's Fire, reflex dc 15
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 1, Round 8

That is correct. I wish I had not left my sword and haversack on the table. :p

Astrianna's eyes widen as she sees the muscular undead begin to clamber out of the locker. "Shyte! Adriel, undead in the closet! It's got some jive in its step!"

The half-elf gets out of Henk's way, moving back to the table and grasping the hilt of her sword. Pulling it from the table the bard brings the blade about in a two-handed defensive stance.

Move Action #2: Move to around N0, out of Adriel's and Henk's way, pick up sword from table.


Evil GM

Astri i bet you do but that will make for good RP, I like the improvised not being exactly ready bit.

Bri tosses the alchemist fire with precision.

acro: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

RD 8 update after Bri's AF and move
*Bri remember to roll the d6 damage next round.


Evil GM

Astri picking up an item is a move action so that would have been 3 moves. The grid overlay did not line up well for you room. consider yourself and Henk already in "O" I left you in your current location but you can reach across the table to pickup the sword. so the second move was not necessary and you are out of Henk and Adriel's way.

RD 8, Adjusted Grid overlay


Evil GM

Adriel:
You think it was mighty convenient of Astri to lead you all into this trap and look at how she is out of harms way.


Evil GM

Capt Cray:
How convenient that your crew (Bri and any one else that follows her) abandons you and moves into the hold leaving you in harms way.


Evil GM

Thrasher:
Of course henk is releasing the creature to attack everyone.


Evil GM

Astri:
You know, now that you think of it Adriel had come from this room....did he create this zombie with his elf magic?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Astri picking up an item is a move action so that would have been 3 moves. The grid overlay did not line up well for you room. consider yourself and Henk already in "O" I left you in your current location but you can reach across the table to pickup the sword. so the second move was not necessary and you are out of Henk and Adriel's way.

Works for me! I knew that picking up an item was a move action but because it was on the table it wouldn't be as difficult to reach, but then she has to turn and ready it, etc. Makes sense, I'll just stick to the rules instead of assuming- that's your job!


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Forgot one thing in that last post:

As Bri tosses to flask, she yells out: "More rats!"


Evil GM

RD 8 update - update

Team one:

Fast Zombie - attacked Henk
Henk - pry's cabinet open
Astri - moved behind Henk and picked up her sword
Adriel -

-----------
Team Two

Skeleton - hit Dirk for 9 HP.
Darius -
Sath -
Bri - moved into the hold and threw Alch Fask at rats yelling "More Rats"
Sawbones - full round action missing both attacks and 5 ft steps back

updated RD 8 Map


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Was the elemental my rnd 7 or rnd 8 move? If it was 7 then Sath's next move will be dependant on what happened when she summoned the fire elemental into the hold (which is also just a larger version of what Bri did with the alchemist's fire anyways


Evil GM

Sath it was you RD 7 action. It has appeared next to you on the map in RD 8. You need to direct me where you want it designated when it first appeared. You really don't know what's on the other side of the wall to define it for the initial designation nor have you seen what's on the other side of the wall. You don't have a line of effect/line of sight to have the summoned ally appear in the hold, although you can move it there after it appears.

Aiming a Spell:

Effect

Some spells create or summon things rather than affecting things that are already present.

You must designate the location where these things are to appear, either by seeing it or defining it. Range determines how far away an effect can appear, but if the effect is mobile, after it appears it can move regardless of the spell's range.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

After hearing Bri yell about rats and toss something into the hold, can Sath direct the elemental to burn through the wall to get into the hold? Or would Sath and Bri need to move out of its way for it to get at the rats>


Evil GM

You can direct it to start burning through a wall it's probably not going to do enough damage to get through in one round. Bri is on the stairs half way down into the hold (10 ft of movement for the stairs

Map RD 8, fire elemental in the hold at P, 9

*what size did you summon?

EDIT:

To make this a bit easier I'll say you are able to peer around the corner and down into the hold. I edited the map to reflect this movement.

Roll your damage.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Small Elemental

Damage: 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (3) = 6

If Sath gets a separate action this round, she will use her Produce Flame power to throw fire at the same section of wall or directly at rats if she can

Flame Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Ranged touch

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

At this time David looks at what Sath has done, and notices that Embrianna has moved into the room with the rats and that Sath has summoned an Ally of Nature to fight on her behalf.

His eyes widen suddenly as something occurs to him...

"Mind the prisoner," he calls as a Free Action about the recently discovered nude man.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"Grrrraaaaaggghh!" Darius snarls in frustration as he shifts his glaive to his off hand and draws the new shortsword at his side. He takes a couple steps forward and attacks the thing in the room, hoping to deal with it before having further words with Sath.
__________
Will move forward down the hall as little as possible to attack the skeleton, be it 5' step or all the way to Q12.
Shortsword Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

As Darius charges up to attack the skeleton, David's half-mad eyes see only his First Officer rush forward and artfully declare his intentions to attack!

Darius Rotarion wrote:
"Grrrraaaaaggghh!"

As another Free Action -

"Well done, Number One," he calls out with relish, then his eyes seem to lose focus for a second as an errant thought crosses his mind.

Aye - it was well done indeed. But to what end, eh? Is he aiding you in fact in this little scuffle, or is it not rather the means with which he shall attempt to supplant your authority by using his savvy in combat as fuel for more mutinous rhetoric which is - no doubt - sure to come!

His eyes flick to Darius with sudden suspicion - but before he can act, the skeleton itself must offer its own rebuttal, if it is yet able to, that is...

FYI - that was a pretty kick-ass attack, Darius. Well done! :)


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Thanks, all in the dice, but had it been with my glaive I'm sure it would be dead right now. Doubt it could have stood up to 3d10 + 39. :(


Evil GM

Darius steps 5 feet and thrusts his short sword into the skeleton bone fragments fly but the undead is still up.

Sath's fire elemental deals fire damage to the rats

reflex to avoid burn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

The rats take damage but don't burn.

Sath's production of flame hits causing more damage and the swarm looks ragged but it is still loosely together.

reflex,if needed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

*Put the save DC up for me when casting a spell or where one is applicable that will make it easier for me. Thanks


Evil GM

Alright I'll wait just a little longer before I start DMPC'ing.


Evil GM

DMPC: Adriel

The elf grumbles when the undead zombie strikes Henk, of course undead my frostbite is useless, he moves up to N,1 and attacks with his scimitar.

Melee Spell Combat Masterwork Cold Iron Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The blade strikes the spell is released.

the Zombie is immune to nonlethal damage and fatigue but he would not be immune to the RIME entanglement aspect. Is there a save for that? You spell list has a DC 14 save listed but since you hit with an attack I don't know offhand if a save is necessary. I haven't played a magus nor used that metamagic feat before.

Rime: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Evil GM

Sath I did give you a 5 ft step so you had a better view of the hold this is reflected on the map.

RD 9

Team one:

Fast Zombie -
Henk -
Astri -
Adriel -

-----------
Team Two

Skeleton -
Darius -
Sath -
Bri -
Sawbones

RD 9 Map


Evil GM

RD 9: Fast Zombie

The Zombie unleashes at fury against the Adriel,

slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

----------

The skeleton taking damage from Darius shift's it's focus form the Capt to the newcomer,

longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14;dam: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

RD 9 Henk

Henk attacks the zombie with the light pick,

attack, light pick: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17;damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The pick bites hard but the headless zombie presses onward.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Darius steps 5 feet and thrusts his short sword into the skeleton bone fragments fly but the undead is still up.

Sath's fire elemental deals fire damage to the rats

[dice=reflex to avoid burn]1d20+6

The rats take damage but don't burn.

Sath's production of flame hits causing more damage and the swarm looks ragged but it is still loosely together.

[dice=reflex,if needed]1d20+6

*Put the save DC up for me when casting a spell or where one is applicable that will make it easier for me. Thanks

DC11 to avoid burn from small elemental

Produce Flame does not allow save


Evil GM

RD 9 Update

Team one:

Fast Zombie - attacked adriel (I think with the shield spell it missed)
Henk - hits zombie for 8 HP
Astri -
Adriel -

-----------
Team Two

Skeleton -missed Darius
Darius -
Sath -
Bri -
Sawbones

Rd 9 Update


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel ducks one blow expertly while the slam bounces of his shield.
Henk, do yourself a favor and get out of the way!

He can one round left on his sheild and as usual, dieing was untenable. He 5ft steps back to M0 and casts FLAMING SHPERE at the creature, having it appear in it's square.
Flaming Sphere ref DC15: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) = 6


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

When Darius turned the corner and attacked. It was purely on reflex. Now, he had a chance to see his opponent, and the sight of an undead put horror in his heart. He had heard tales of these monstrosities, but had never encountered one himself. The terrible sight caused his next attack to be poorly aimed.
___________
Shortsword Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 1, Round 9

Astrianna looks for an opening so she could swing her sword, but there is little room to maneuver in their tight quarters. She sighs and decides to let the men have what little space there is.

The bard takes a breath and begins to sing in a soft, yet well projected contralto- a slow, somber melody dating back to the Taldor's Shining Crusade.

Take your swords and hammers in hand-

The rising red sun wants bloodshed.

Yesterday's fallen brothers they stand-

No! They are but rotting undead.

Standard Action:Begin Inspire Courage, +1 to attack and damage

The bard's eyes widen as Adriel summons a sphere of fire. She continues to sing, but thinks He's trying to burn down the ship! Damn that elf and his magics!


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

next round damage for alchemist's fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Embrianna reaches into her bag and throws her last flask of fire and the remaining pile of rats. (Aiming for square N,6)

"What the hell is it with this ship and all these rats?"


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"No idea but we kill them first and then consider them after, ok?"

With that, Sath tosses off another handful of flame at the rats herself.

Flame Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

She also directs the elemental to continue after the rats as well...

Elemental slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Damage: 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + (2) = 4 DC11 vs. Burn

Sath just shakes her head as she watches the elemental run around randomly in every direction it seemed but at the rats...


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:

Adriel ducks one blow expertly while the slam bounces of his shield.

Henk, do yourself a favor and get out of the way!

"Where the 'ell ye think I can go?"


Evil GM

zombie reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

He takes full damage from the flaming sphere but it is still fighting.

1,451 to 1,500 of 14,076 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.