Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


1,501 to 1,550 of 14,076 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Team: Henk

AStri inspires courage

-----

Darius's attack missed after he stepped into the doorway.

Bri tosses another AF at another swarm of rats. You hit even with the range increment it's an AC splash weapon for the intersection. Roll damage

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Evil GM

Sath's elemental destroys the rat swarm this permits sath the opportunity to produce flame a the middle swarm that Bri just hit with an AF. the swarm scurries and is damaged but still intact.


Evil GM

RD 9 Update

Team one:

Fast Zombie - attacked adriel (I think with the shield spell it missed)
Henk - hits zombie for 8 HP
Astri - Inspires courage
Adriel - flaming sphere

-----------
Team Two

Skeleton -missed Darius
Darius - stepped up and missed
Sath - produce fire ht
Bri - threw AF and hit
Sawbones

Sawbones has his action.


Evil GM

RD 9: rats

The two rat swarms converge towards bri.

swarm 1: 1d6 ⇒ 3
plus disease DC 12 Fort save.

Bri you get an AOO if you can take it.

Hundreds of tiny claws creepa dn run over the Bri's clothing, feet, legs, and flesh.


Evil GM

Updated RD 9 Map


Evil GM

Dirk can take his RD 9 action when he logs on.

RD 10

Team one:

Fast Zombie -
Henk -
Astri -
Adriel -

-----------
Team Two

Skeleton -
Darius -
Sath -
Bri -
Sawbones -

RD 10 Map


Evil GM

RD 10 Fast Zombie

The zombie 5 ft steps to N,1 and unleashes an assault of the fire producing elf.

slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

----------

The skeleton jabs at Darius trying to run him through with its longsword.

longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24;damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

confirming Crit:
longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23;damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The tip of the blade appears out Darius' backside.

Darius FYI - Dirk would have to max out his RD 9 rapier attack with a confirmed crit and hit with his fist for this skeleton to be down before it attacked you.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

RD 10: Henk

The experienced fighter squares up and attacks the zombie feeling the the emotion of the bard's song,

attack, light pick, IC: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 = 22;damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

The pick hits hard but the zombie presses on.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 1 Round 10

As Adriel backs off and uses his magic, Astrianna laughs at him. "You running from a fight, elf?"

The bard makes use of the opening, finally getting a swing at the zombie. The half-elf continues to sing about the Shining Crusade against the Undead of Ustalav, gripping her sword in two hands and swinging it in a fierce downward stroke.

The rising red sun wants bloodshed.

We'll hack and cut every squirming limb

Oh, The rising red sun wants bloodshed.

Free action: Maintain Inspire Courage

Standard Action:Attack fast zombie

Melee on Fast Zombie: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4


Evil GM

Astri sticks the zombie for 4 Hp of damage but the creature continues on.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

"Unngghhh!" Darius grunts as the skeleton skewers him with it's blade. He strikes out again with the shortsword,but the thing withdraws its blade and leans back out of reach of his strike.
__________
Shortsword Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Evil GM

Dirk can take his RD 9 action when he logs on.

Bri still owes a fort save.

RD 10 - update

Team one:

Fast Zombie - missed the Adriel
Henk - hit the zombie for 7 hp
Astri - hit for 4 HP
Adriel -

-----------
Team Two

Skeleton - ran Darius through for 11 HP
Darius - missed with short sword
Sath -
Bri -
Sawbones -


Evil GM

Dirk take both your RD 9 and 10 actions.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:


His eyes widen suddenly as something occurs to him...

"Mind the prisoner," he calls as a Free Action about the recently discovered nude man.

A voice from around the corner responds. "Aye, aye Capt." he rolls his eyes, "looney."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Continued Fire Damage from Second Flask: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Sorry, missed you asking for one.
Fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Also wondering if any of my hexes affect swarms or if they are immune?


Evil GM

Bri:

Bri:
A swarm is immune to any spell or effect that targets a specific number of creatures (including single-target spells such as disintegrate), with the exception of mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms) if the swarm has an Intelligence score and a hive mind. A swarm takes half again as much damage (+50%) from spells or effects that affect an area, such as splash weapons and many evocation spells.

I haven't gone through your hexes but the swarm should be immune to those targeting specific number of creatures. You sleep hex should work though since it's mind effecting.

The damage from the splash weapon is plus 50%. One more of the swarms is destroyed.

Bri's failed fort save:
days: 1d3 ⇒ 1;dex: 1d3 ⇒ 1;con: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Are you doing anything for your RD 10 action?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Yes, I was just trying to figure out what my options were. :)

If Bri can move through Sath's square, she retreats back into the hallway to get out from under the swarm. If not she goes to 11,R to retreat into a corner for the moment. Either way, she will cast her sleep hex on the swarm not currently on fire then.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Wherever I am, I am back! – Gandalf the Grey

Round 9 Action

David is disgusted by this gods damned creature.

The rage that he feels seems to burn away a sense of the madness that he is enduring. Knowing that his weapons are essentially useless against this creature, his mind tacks back to his youth when he spent time fighting in the streets before he had been adopted.

It may not feel the edge of steel, but it’ll sure enough feel me kick it’s ass…

He decides to sweep the skeleton's leg and kicks out at its shin bone, attempting to Trip the creature with some old fashioned dirty fighting!

This opens me up to an AoO which I will gladly take if the creature falls over.

Trip attack –
1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 17

If beats the Skeleton’s CMB the skeleton is then considered prone.

I have to endure his stupid AoO – but then I have the chance to hit him on the ground!

GM - if the creature is still up, David is going to attempt move past it using Acrobatics to attempt to "Flank" it (he'll try this even if the creature is formally prone, too) -

Moving to Q:14 and hoping to Flank the Creature with Darius

Acrobatics Check:
1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 = 23


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Round 10 Action -

Have to endure the AoO from 9 - but the same action as before - two hits; one with the sword, one with the fist:

David swings his sword at the creature with a fierce gleam in his eye, but before he does, he glances over at Darius -

"Have at him, lad! Attack him full on!" he calls out, using Freebooter's Bane as his "Move Action" for this round.

Sword Attack with Flanking and Freebooter's Bane -
1d20 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 29

If it hits
1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5

He takes a swing with his fist (or his boot, if the creature is prone) -

Melee attack with Flanking and Freebooter's Bane -
1d20 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 1 - 2 - 4 = 8

If it hits -
1d3 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

EDIT: crap on the kick, but here comes (at least) the attempt with the sword! Wish me luck!

Roll to Confirm Critical
1d20 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 24

If it confirms
1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10

EDIT: It looks like the sword may have done a critical - which means it did a total of 15 damage before DR. Not too bad...


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Not running, Songbird. BURNING! The shield deflects 2 more blows then dissipates, then it is gone.
The elf directs the FLAMING SPHERE to follow the Zombie into N1 and burns it yet again. Then he attacks.
Flaming Sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) = 6
Scimitar, Inspired: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

There is a horrible odor as flesh burns and Adriel opens up a wound on the undead.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 1 Round 10

Astrianna coughs as the putrid smell of burning undead flesh fills the room. "Ugh, disgusting!" She shifts from a two-handed sword grip to putting one sleeve over her mouth.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Would Sath's Storm Burst ability targeted on Bri (nonlethal damage) make the rats get off of her? Just trying to figurre out options here


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Guess I shouldn't keep more than one game open in tab at a time. :)


Evil GM

Rd 9 conclusion

The captain's deft attempt at sweeping the shin bones hits. The undead does not try an attack on Capt Cray. The capt moves and flanks with Darius.

----
The skeleton is prone when he strikes and hits with his nat 20 on Darius. Darius's attack (+2) adding the flanking and prone penalty (-4) still misses.

-----
Dirk RD 10

the 29 hits, but the 5 HP of damage are absorbed against it's damage reduction.

The confirmation hits and it does 10 HP of damage to the prone skeleton which is still moving.


Evil GM
Sath Saltblood wrote:
Would Sath's Storm Burst ability targeted on Bri (nonlethal damage) make the rats get off of her? Just trying to figurre out options here

I really try not to give that kind of information out, I've always used that as trial an error how characters learn what works or not. It's also one of those things that others should not comment on since they would not have the means to know the answer.


Evil GM

reflex save flaming sphere: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

The damage is negated but not before there's a little charred flesh burns. the scimitar hits home form the elf.


Evil GM

Bri you need to make DC 12 concentration check to use you hex with the distraction of the rats on you. What is the save DC for the rats? Bri you can try wither way form your movement pick one.

RD 10 - update

Team one:

Fast Zombie - missed the Adriel
Henk - hit the zombie for 7 hp
Astri - hit for 4 HP
Adriel - moves FS but Zombie saved; hit wiht sword for 6 HP

-----------
Team Two

Skeleton - ran Darius through for 11 HP
Darius - missed with short sword
Sath -
Bri - moves and trys to sleep
Sawbones - hit for 10 HP


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Doesn't the -4 to attack make its confirmation roll fail? That would negate 4 of the damage...


Evil GM
Darius Rotarion wrote:
Doesn't the -4 to attack make its confirmation roll fail? That would negate 4 of the damage...

if the confirmation doesn't hit then reduce that damage.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
baldwin the merciful wrote:


Sawbones - hit for 10 HP

Wait, I thought I was only hit for 9 points of damage on Friday; then it attacked Darius - when did it become 10 points? Did I take another hit; is it like "bleed" damage, or did I miss something?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

concentration check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
DC was 15

Failed, so Bri will just try to back past Sath into the hallway.


Evil GM
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:


Sawbones - hit for 10 HP
Wait, I thought I was only hit for 9 points of damage on Friday; then it attacked Darius - when did it become 10 points? Did I take another hit; is it like "bleed" damage, or did I miss something?

Read carefully: You hit the creature for 10 HP of damage.


Evil GM

The rats rush forth covering Sath as Bri flees the area.

Sath:
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
*Fort DC 12 disease

Sath can take her turn when she logs on but I'm moving forward.

RD 11 -

Team one:

Fast Zombie -
Henk -
Astri -
Adriel -

-----------
Team Two

Skeleton -
Darius -
Sath -
Bri -
Sawbones

RD 11 Map


Evil GM

RD 11 Fast Zombie

The headless zombie urns its fury on the bard, apparently upset that she can still sing, and he tries to pummel the woman.

slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

slam: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The massive blows strikes the bards head causing her a moment of star.

----------
Skeleton:

The skeleton turns to stab at Capt Cray/Dirk trying to make shish kabob of the man.

longsword: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 = 9;damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

RD 11: Henk

With determination the burly fighter hacks at the zombie with his light pick,

attack, light pick, IC: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23;damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

The pick hits with so much force it tears through the creature's spine as it drops motionless to the ground. Henk snorts and hacks up some thick phlegm and spits it out on the body. "'bout f**k'n time."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 1, Round 11

Astrianna is trying to line up a swing with her sword when Henk puts the thing down. The bard keeps a sleeve over her mouth to ward off the stench, raising an eyebrow as the quartermaster hacks up snot onto the re-corpse.

The bard regards Henk. "You all right Henk? I'm hesitant to pop that other locker now... We should check it first."

Emerald eyes look over to Adriel as she moves to the other locker, once Adriel dismisses the flaming sphere in the middle of the room. "Well. That was unexpected, and certainly odd." She casts a suspicious glance at the elf. "What were you doing in here before? Did you see any signs of the undead?"

She stops in front of the unopened cabinet and bangs on it with the hilt of her sword, then immediately presses one of her pointed ears to the surface.

Move Action:Move to M1

Standard Action:Disturb and Perception on M2 locker

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Evil GM

Astri the pounding in your chest seems to be echoing in your head but you don't hearing anything from the cabinet.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Team 1, Round 11

Shaking her head, the bard exhales slowly in an attempt to calm down from the unexpected battle. "I hear nothing. Take a listen Adriel, you have actual elven ears after all."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

If I try to swing a weapon at the swarm do I chance hitting Sath?


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
If I try to swing a weapon at the swarm do I chance hitting Sath?

I guess we'll see. :-)


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri swings her sickle at the swarm, not sure if it will hurt it, but out of flasks of fire.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
sickle is slashing damage


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Dammit to the hells!" Sath exclaims, she then starts burning the rats off her produce flame does no damage to caster or their gear

Flame touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 3/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 55/55| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 17| Saves: Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +4 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +8

Darius takes advantage of the battlefield positioning and thrusts the sword down hard into the skeleton's skull, hoping to end it for good.
__________
Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

David watches the skeleton’s vain attempt to strike at him. His eyes flick to Darius and he nods. Then he turns back to look at the skeleton scowls.

”Piss off, you boney little whore-son,” he says with a growl to the creature flailing on the deck.

Not sure if Darius was able to destroy the skeleton or not. For what it's worth, he had an additional bonus to Hit and Damage because he was formally included in the "Freebooter's Bane" ability, so he should have actually done 12 damage, not 11. Even so, I don't know if that finished off the skeleton. If it did, I'm guessing that Darius might have taken a Move Action, too; but if he didn't finish it, here goes nothing...

Full Attack Action with Archeologist’s Luck still on and Freebooters Bane Activated against prone skeleton -

Attack with Rapier
1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 20

If it hits –
1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

He stares at the creature with disgust and raises his foot and smashes it down on the creature as well!

Unarmed Attack for Lethal "Bludgeoning" Damage
1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 = 27

If it hits –
1d3 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4

EDIT: And the confirm for the unarmed strike -

Unarmed Attack for Lethal "Bludgeoning" Damage
1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 4 - 2 = 8

If it hits –
1d3 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6

EDIT: Crap! Oh well, bad luck.


Evil GM

Sath destroys the rats before bri swings her sickle at the tattered swarm remnants.


Evil GM

Darius hits but the skeleton is still swinging then Dirk hits with his rapier doing minimal damage, then he kicks it doing more damage. the skeleton is tattered but still jabbing his sword at the captain now.

No confirmation


Evil GM

RD 12

Team one:

Fast Zombie - destroyed
Henk -
Astri -
Adriel -

Team Two

Skeleton -
Darius -
Sath -
Bri -
Sawbones


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

RD 12

Henk readies his pick to strike when the cabinet Astri has her ear pressed to is opened.

1,501 to 1,550 of 14,076 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.